What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (15 Viewers)

Hello?  This thing still working?  

Walked the dog 1.5 miles (18:32 pace) and did a 40-min down dog session with upper body focus.  The Intermediate II change was a struggle.  Also got to use my new yoga mat, it is much better.  My old one was too thick.

Was under calories yesterday until I had a beverage, then a second.  Ugh.  

Keep up the good work!  (If you're still out there...)

I still can't walk at any speed without a limp, so I limped over to the elliptical. There are two of them; on one, the resistance is so high at level 1 that I was gassing after a few minutes. The other one was a little better, but you still couldn't really turn the resistance off, and the handles are awkward if you're over 5'10". I put myself through 15 minutes of hell anyway, using the handrails to get down the stairs with my rubbery legs.

I'll need to be really careful with the eating this week.

I've had a rough go of it for a couple weeks.  Got sick, got worse, finally got some meds from the doc and got better, meds ran out and got worse again.  Been like 15 days.  I did some workouts mixed in there - which may have been a mistake but I've don't of comfort food eating during those 15 days - yes, I'm a pansy.  Managed to put on about 4-5 pounds while being sick  :bag:

I have a backpacking trip some time this fall/early winter so I got to get serious soon - and get over this damn respiratory illness (not Covid btw, been tested 3 times).

Measured my blood pressure for the first time since starting all these diet/exercise changes. Slightly lower, but definitely still high. :(  I think the biggest lever left to pull is alcohol. Just 2-3 years ago my doctor described my blood pressure as "excellent" and I didn't drink much at all back then. I wouldn't call myself a heavy drinker now -- most BP articles I read recommend no more than 2 drinks/day for men, and I rarely go over 14/week -- but I guess I need to get closer to 0 again. This might be harder than getting up early to exercise every day.

Measured my blood pressure for the first time since starting all these diet/exercise changes. Slightly lower, but definitely still high. :(  I think the biggest lever left to pull is alcohol. Just 2-3 years ago my doctor described my blood pressure as "excellent" and I didn't drink much at all back then. I wouldn't call myself a heavy drinker now -- most BP articles I read recommend no more than 2 drinks/day for men, and I rarely go over 14/week -- but I guess I need to get closer to 0 again. This might be harder than getting up early to exercise every day.
I'm battling this as well.  In fact, this will be a primary focus at my annual physical in less than two weeks.  I've even started a log of my BP that I plan to bring to my visit.  

For the record, the measure of drinks used above is 1.5oz of liquor, 5 oz of wine, or one beer.  For me one drink is usually 4+ oz of whiskey.  (I measured recently to check.) So that's a bit of the problem for me. 

I'm trying hard to limit the alcohol and the sodium, but I have a feeling I'm losing the battle.  In talking to my dad, he started BP medicine at about the same age I am now after he spent a year plus trying to reduce his BP with exercise and diet changes.  So I am assuming my genetics is not helping me.  :(

Exercise is what brought my BP down, but I'm on the DL for right now.  I thought it was better, until I took out the trash this morning. Shoulda thrown my foot in there, too.

As I recall, I missed 18 straight days in May last year. Ultimately, it made no difference. It won't this time, either, except I have a trip planned for seven weeks from today. All considerations are secondary to that.

I'm battling this as well.  In fact, this will be a primary focus at my annual physical in less than two weeks.  I've even started a log of my BP that I plan to bring to my visit.  

For the record, the measure of drinks used above is 1.5oz of liquor, 5 oz of wine, or one beer.  For me one drink is usually 4+ oz of whiskey.  (I measured recently to check.) So that's a bit of the problem for me. 

I'm trying hard to limit the alcohol and the sodium, but I have a feeling I'm losing the battle.  In talking to my dad, he started BP medicine at about the same age I am now after he spent a year plus trying to reduce his BP with exercise and diet changes.  So I am assuming my genetics is not helping me.  :(
It's not an easy battle at all. I feel like I'm doing an OK job measuring my alcohol, counting my bottles of 9% beer 2x etc., so it's disappointing to see such little progress right now. My dad also has high BP, so genetics aren't on my side either. (I'm seeing high BP numbers at a much younger age than he did though.) Even with family history I wasn't expecting to deal with this at my age, but I guess high BP in young people is a lot more common than I thought.

Reading around, it seems like some people have had success lowering BP with CoQ10 and garlic supplements. I think I'll pick up a couple bottles after work today, seems like it's worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an easy battle at all. I feel like I'm doing an OK job measuring my alcohol, counting my bottles of 9% beer 2x etc., so it's disappointing to see such little progress right now. My dad also has high BP, so genetics aren't on my side either. (I'm seeing high BP numbers at a much younger age than he did though.) Even with family history I wasn't expecting to deal with this at my age, but I guess high BP in young people is a lot more common than I thought.

Reading around, it seems like some people have had success lowering BP with CoQ10 and garlic supplements. I think I'll pick up a couple bottles after work today, seems like it's worth a shot.

Alcohol is definitely going to impact BP - both in the short and sometimes long-term (based on my reading - I'm not a doc).  For myself, I've always had success getting my diet under control and moderate drinking to keep BP in check (without meds - something I don't want to be on).   Genetics play a role too.

No matter what, high BP is obviously bad and you are doing the things that most docs will tell you to do.  Some other things to consider - stress and sleep.  Are you getting enough sleep?  How long have you been on the diet/exercise plan? 

Damn!  That's a heavy pour my man.  On an average night how many "drinks" are you having?  Just curious - definitely not judging but for me I consider a "drink" to be a beer, a cocktail or a 2oz. pour of whiskey.

Alcohol is definitely going to impact BP - both in the short and sometimes long-term (based on my reading - I'm not a doc).  For myself, I've always had success getting my diet under control and moderate drinking to keep BP in check (without meds - something I don't want to be on).   Genetics play a role too.

No matter what, high BP is obviously bad and you are doing the things that most docs will tell you to do.  Some other things to consider - stress and sleep.  Are you getting enough sleep?  How long have you been on the diet/exercise plan? 
Started these changes in early June so I'm coming up on 2 months now. Articles seem to indicate that 1-3 months are needed to see BP reduction, so maybe things will look better in another month or so. Stress & sleep have been remarkably good this summer although the spring was absolutely brutal. That's another reason why I expected today's reading to be much better than the one I got in early June. A lot of health factors moved strongly in the right direction since then and there isn't much to show for it on the BP front. Will keep at it, though.

Damn!  That's a heavy pour my man.  On an average night how many "drinks" are you having?  Just curious - definitely not judging but for me I consider a "drink" to be a beer, a cocktail or a 2oz. pour of whiskey.
Weekends it is usually 2. I need smaller rocks glasses or something.  It is definitely a problem.  And the pandemic made it a bigger problem.  I'm also to the point where if I have one I usually have a second.  So I basically have to abstain most nights.   

I've lost over 40lbs since January 2020 and I eat fairly well w/ around 60mins/day of exercise.  I'm about ready to just give up the battle and start taking some medicine because otherwise I'm in some of the best shape of my adult life and I feel great other than occasional headaches related directly to BP.  

Sidenote, I also often have higher BP on the left arm than the right.  Doc and I are definitely discussing that as well.  That can be a sign of a larger issue (blockage, etc.) which can be detected with a heart scan that is fairly inexpensive.

Hello?  This thing still working?  

Walked the dog 1.5 miles (18:32 pace) and did a 40-min down dog session with upper body focus.  The Intermediate II change was a struggle.  Also got to use my new yoga mat, it is much better.  My old one was too thick.

Was under calories yesterday until I had a beverage, then a second.  Ugh.  

Keep up the good work!  (If you're still out there...)
We are definitely still here  :thumbup:

I've had a rough go of it for a couple weeks.  Got sick, got worse, finally got some meds from the doc and got better, meds ran out and got worse again.  Been like 15 days.  I did some workouts mixed in there - which may have been a mistake but I've don't of comfort food eating during those 15 days - yes, I'm a pansy.  Managed to put on about 4-5 pounds while being sick  :bag:

I have a backpacking trip some time this fall/early winter so I got to get serious soon - and get over this damn respiratory illness (not Covid btw, been tested 3 times).
Zinc Zinc and more Zinc. 

That sucks, get well 

What kind of alcohol and how much we talking? Otis and I have had a vice grip on the alcohol consumption until he posted the NA-Whiskey which i did not purchase BUT...I have not had a hard liquor drink in 1 week...still sipping the Lite at night but trying to limit my alcohol and especially straight liquor. 

Tonight when my wife and I got back form our walk she told me to go ahead and have a shot of tequila I earned it...just not gonna do it tonight. 

One of the things I did to lose weight and it was a major game changer was cutting out all red meat...still ate pork but for a while I cut that way back too. 

God as my witness I have not eaten a fast food burger from McDs, Wendy' BK, name the spot even 5 Guys, no no no. Have not had a steak in a year either, don't miss them. I did cook a real hamburger with quality beef at home on my cast iron skillet maybe about a month or so ago, every once in a while I make them for my wife. 

When I had my blood work done the doctor was in shock vs what I had produced in the prior yearly physicals and previous blood work, cholesterol levels and I pretty much rest at about 105/70 or something close. 

Things high in fat IMHO can really play tricks with the blood.  

What kind of alcohol and how much we talking? Otis and I have had a vice grip on the alcohol consumption until he posted the NA-Whiskey which i did not purchase BUT...I have not had a hard liquor drink in 1 week...still sipping the Lite at night but trying to limit my alcohol and especially straight liquor. 

Tonight when my wife and I got back form our walk she told me to go ahead and have a shot of tequila I earned it...just not gonna do it tonight. 
Usually beer or seltzer. I'd say my average is 9-10 drinks/week, with my best weeks being in the 5-6 range and my absolute worst getting up to 14-15. Usually feel pretty crappy by the end of those weeks. I knew it wouldn't be the worst thing to cut back, but overall I felt like this wasn't an unhealthy level of drinking. Maybe it was after all, we'll see how my numbers change with alcohol out of the picture. 

One of the things I did to lose weight and it was a major game changer was cutting out all red meat...still ate pork but for a while I cut that way back too. 

God as my witness I have not eaten a fast food burger from McDs, Wendy' BK, name the spot even 5 Guys, no no no. Have not had a steak in a year either, don't miss them. I did cook a real hamburger with quality beef at home on my cast iron skillet maybe about a month or so ago, every once in a while I make them for my wife. 

When I had my blood work done the doctor was in shock vs what I had produced in the prior yearly physicals and previous blood work, cholesterol levels and I pretty much rest at about 105/70 or something close. 

Things high in fat IMHO can really play tricks with the blood.  
Those are some awesome numbers, wow.  :thumbup:  Fast food was a huge weakness for me and I've cut that out almost entirely at this point. My girlfriend is vegetarian so my overall red meat consumption is actually pretty low. Breakfasts and dinners at home are meat-free and my Healthy Choice lunches at work usually have a bit of grilled chicken. These days I'm getting much more of my fat from healthy sources like avocados and nuts.

Hang in there.  I think I have the same thing but it’s finally going away after 30 days.  It seems to go away and but come back almost every week.  Doc says it’s some viral thing that needs rest to fully go away.  Who has time to rest?   

My bike hasn’t been shifting well, so I’ve largely not been cycling over the last couple weeks. Taking it to the shop tomorrow to get that hopefully taken care of. Have definitely put on some weight, but my diet hasn’t helped either.

Yesterday got wined and dined by one of the companies I write business with. Went to a fancy steakhouse and had chili glazed prawns and crab cakes as an appetizer, a green salad (yay?), a dry aged ribeye with mashed potatoes and veggies, a coffee creme brûlée, and 3 glasses of wine. Hated myself afterwards, but damn was it good. 

Usually beer or seltzer. I'd say my average is 9-10 drinks/week, with my best weeks being in the 5-6 range and my absolute worst getting up to 14-15. Usually feel pretty crappy by the end of those weeks. I knew it wouldn't be the worst thing to cut back, but overall I felt like this wasn't an unhealthy level of drinking. Maybe it was after all, we'll see how my numbers change with alcohol out of the picture. 

Those are some awesome numbers, wow.  :thumbup:  Fast food was a huge weakness for me and I've cut that out almost entirely at this point. My girlfriend is vegetarian so my overall red meat consumption is actually pretty low. Breakfasts and dinners at home are meat-free and my Healthy Choice lunches at work usually have a bit of grilled chicken. These days I'm getting much more of my fat from healthy sources like avocados and nuts.
Applegate Farms makes a pretty delicious turkey-sausage links in the freezer section. I don't care for the imitation bacon as much, much prefer the real thing. 

If you want something really tasty, just make the Buffalo Chix sand a "grilled" version with no breading but still hot wing sauce and some blue cheese dressing, it's DELICIOUS and after a couple of them you'll never miss all that coating/breading. Unless the place has horrible wing sauce this is always my go to. The HOT wing sauce typically has almost no calories, that's another way you get a lot of flavor without a lot of damage.    

My bike hasn’t been shifting well, so I’ve largely not been cycling over the last couple weeks. Taking it to the shop tomorrow to get that hopefully taken care of. Have definitely put on some weight, but my diet hasn’t helped either.

Yesterday got wined and dined by one of the companies I write business with. Went to a fancy steakhouse and had chili glazed prawns and crab cakes as an appetizer, a green salad (yay?), a dry aged ribeye with mashed potatoes and veggies, a coffee creme brûlée, and 3 glasses of wine. Hated myself afterwards, but damn was it good. 
No cigar and a nightcap after?

I'm still here, too.  Just kinda boring as I do yoga every day and drink too much wine.  Same ol'.  "Chattily Inspirational Adriene" and "Singing A Lot Adriene" are irritating me a lot in the yoga practices, so I probably should just stop doing her dailies and stick with the list of practices of hers that I know I enjoy.  I did have to start a list of those to avoid to complement my good list.  I know the chattiness and the "deep thoughts" work for some people, so I don't blame her for those; it's just not for me.

I'm still here, too.  Just kinda boring as I do yoga every day and drink too much wine.  Same ol'.  "Chattily Inspirational Adriene" and "Singing A Lot Adriene" are irritating me a lot in the yoga practices, so I probably should just stop doing her dailies and stick with the list of practices of hers that I know I enjoy.  I did have to start a list of those to avoid to complement my good list.  I know the chattiness and the "deep thoughts" work for some people, so I don't blame her for those; it's just not for me.
That’s what I liked about her. Im the least flexible person on earth, so I need all the chatty inspiration I can get. 

Mon/Tue rained out of Tennis and cycling. 

Wed-45 Min ride, heavens opened as I rode up my driveway. 

Today-45 Min ride again and then a 60 min walk this evening with the Mrs who is down a few. I hope she stays motivated but the poor thing has been stressed to the max at work, hopefully that's going to stop soon. 

All good in MoP'ville just need to stay focused and push thru the heat/humidity excuse.    

Weekly wrap-up:

Had exactly the kind of week I needed before going on vacation. No eating out, no excessive booze, no bad diet days overall. Running mileage continues to slowly increase -- this week I walked 13 miles and ran 6. This morning's mile run clocked in at 7:12, my fastest yet. On paper it seems like I'm doing a lot of things right, and I'm feeling good -- just wish the BP would fall faster. Started my garlic & CoQ10 supplements last night so hopefully that helps. Unlike other supplements, it seems like the science behind these is pretty solid. In some studies they caused BP reductions on par with a lot of medications. Worth a shot.

Leaving for Colorado tomorrow and will be staying there for a week. Should be doing plenty of hiking and I'll try to squeeze in a couple runs as well. Diet probably won't be as stellar as this week, but we're planning to cook/pack most of our meals at the AirBnB instead of constantly eating out. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Got my bike fixed.  Turns out the derailleur was bent to the point of needing replacement (oof), but I suspected that to be the case when I was trying to fix it myself.  Now that I'm all ready to go out riding the smoke from all these fires has blown into the Bay Area to the point where my eyes water after 15 minutes outside.  This sucks

This week:  221 lbs       Last week:  223 lbs

Change:  -2 lbs               Loss to date:  60 lbs

------------------------------

Target weight:  207 lbs

March 12:   281 lbs  
March 19:   274 lbs
March 26:   270 lbs
April 2:       265 lbs
April 9:       262 lbs
April 16:     259 lbs
April 23:     256 lbs
April 30:     254 lbs
May 7:       251 lbs
May 14:     249 lbs
May 21:     246 lbs
May 28:     245 lbs
June 4:      239 lbs
June 11:    235 lbs
June 18:    235 lbs
June 25:    231 lbs
July 2:       229 lbs
July 9:       232 lbs
July 16:     227 lbs
July 23:     225 lbs
July 30:     223 lbs
Aug 6:       221 lbs
Came out of the weekend wondering if I'd just be able to break even. Ate more than I should have, and then I over-exercised last Saturday and my body expressed its displeasure so I took an extra rest day.  But, did manage to make it up at the end and lose two pounds, with a lot of time on the bike, and mixed in some interval jogging/walking. Had an MRI on the shoulder this morning so will see what's up with it, though it's made  progress the last week and a half in terms of pain.

Did an InBody measurement at the gym at work. Over the last 2 weeks, losing 4 lbs, my body fat % dropped 1.6% down to 32.8%.   I'm currently 14 pounds from my original goal of 207.  Though I did the math and to get down to 20% body fat I'll need to get down to 185 at least.    

Well I'll worry about that after I make it to 207.  Hitting 60 lbs lost makes me feel wonderful, so I'm just going to bask for now. :)

I’m going off the rails and embracing dadbod poolside for vacation over the next week.  It’s all inclusive and by the end of the week I’m gonna make them wish it wasn’t. When I return from vacation though, im coming back. Going to exercise and eat more salads. Going to continue a fasting regiment. Would like to yoga again because it’s annoying that everything hurts all the time and I can’t bend over without groaning. Going to start getting up early and rowing again.  Going to get right. 

And I’m going to for the first time ever not start the new year at fattest weight. I’m going to start it already low and healthy, and getting healthier. It’s time. 

Came out of the weekend wondering if I'd just be able to break even. Ate more than I should have, and then I over-exercised last Saturday and my body expressed its displeasure so I took an extra rest day.  But, did manage to make it up at the end and lose two pounds, with a lot of time on the bike, and mixed in some interval jogging/walking. Had an MRI on the shoulder this morning so will see what's up with it, though it's made  progress the last week and a half in terms of pain.

Did an InBody measurement at the gym at work. Over the last 2 weeks, losing 4 lbs, my body fat % dropped 1.6% down to 32.8%.   I'm currently 14 pounds from my original goal of 207.  Though I did the math and to get down to 20% body fat I'll need to get down to 185 at least.    

Well I'll worry about that after I make it to 207.  Hitting 60 lbs lost makes me feel wonderful, so I'm just going to bask for now. :)
60lbs lost is awesome. congrats. Keep it going!

I’m going off the rails and embracing dadbod poolside for vacation over the next week.  It’s all inclusive and by the end of the week I’m gonna make them wish it wasn’t. When I return from vacation though, im coming back. Going to exercise and eat more salads. Going to continue a fasting regiment. Would like to yoga again because it’s annoying that everything hurts all the time and I can’t bend over without groaning. Going to start getting up early and rowing again.  Going to get right. 

And I’m going to for the first time ever not start the new year at fattest weight. I’m going to start it already low and healthy, and getting healthier. It’s time. 
Oh, ok, so THIS time is the time? You really, really mean it?

I woke up this morning and had a thought. Why do we drink alcohol?  Why do we poison ourselves like this?  And feel terrible in the morning?  And walk around with the extra resulting weight?  And spend money for this result?

Alcohol is dumb. 

PS I guess beer sometimes is Ok. And maybe the occasional scotch. Oh, and maybe sangria now and again. And wine.  Wine too. 

I woke up this morning and had a thought. Why do we drink alcohol?  Why do we poison ourselves like this?  And feel terrible in the morning?  And walk around with the extra resulting weight?  And spend money for this result?

Alcohol is dumb. 

PS I guess beer sometimes is Ok. And maybe the occasional scotch. Oh, and maybe sangria now and again. And wine.  Wine too. 

I mean.....it seems like the solution here is pretty obvious. You could either continue to drink, be heavy and feel like crap....our you could stop, probably eat the same stuff you eat now and steadily drop weight (and get healthier) with a moderate amount of exercise.

You just have to make the choice GB.

Good luck either way (and I'm sure SOME of this is just classic Otis schtick, which we all appreciate) but this really shouldn't be that difficult unless you have an actual alcohol problem. 

I mean.....it seems like the solution here is pretty obvious. You could either continue to drink, be heavy and feel like crap....our you could stop, probably eat the same stuff you eat now and steadily drop weight (and get healthier) with a moderate amount of exercise.

You just have to make the choice GB.

Good luck either way (and I'm sure SOME of this is just classic Otis schtick, which we all appreciate) but this really shouldn't be that difficult unless you have an actual alcohol problem. 
This is why it's difficult.  It's just a matter of waking up one day and accepting it's a problem and wanting to do something about it.

Unfortunately, it goes much further than just wanting to look good.  I've said this before, but with kids at home, he should want to do it for them more than anything else.  First, to model good behavior, but even moreso to be healthy as they get older so he can actually be around for it.

But, of course, there's the shtick.

This is why it's difficult.  It's just a matter of waking up one day and accepting it's a problem and wanting to do something about it.

Unfortunately, it goes much further than just wanting to look good.  I've said this before, but with kids at home, he should want to do it for them more than anything else.  First, to model good behavior, but even moreso to be healthy as they get older so he can actually be around for it.

Wait - didn't I have drinks with you in another country?

Wait - didn't I have drinks with you in another country?
Yep... And still waiting to repay the favor here at some point :)

But not sure what that had to do with my post. I'm certainly not saying you can't ever drink. Even though I rarely drink anymore, I definitely used to enjoy on a regular basis. Here, though, we're dealing with someone that drinks almost daily, not uncommonly going through a bottle (or more) of wine each time and can't give that up even though he knows that's not good for him and what he's trying to accomplish. 

Good Vibrations on a Wednesday

Sunday: Took Mrs MoP for a bike ride in the morning time down to the Jupiter Inlet, roughly 5 miles one way and we took our chairs that fold up and fit neatly in a backpack with us. Awesome time but 10-12 miles round trip, the backpack was 10 lbs maybe more like 15 but I hurt my shoulder blade or chest, it's still kind of up in the air but throbs when I breathe and lay down, have a better time standing at the moment. Pinches I would say. 

Monday: 45 Min Cycle, 45 Min walk  

Last night I played almost 2 hours of tennis and didn't eat a whole lot during the day, wasn't trying to fast but nothing was enticing me to eat beyond a yogurt(Skyy) half a chicken sandwich and an energy bar right before I played, did have a couple beers at home last night and conked out. I lose 6 lbs on the scale this morning from the previous day and my wife about punched me. 

Beers yes, Liquor no of late, down about 10 lbs and have tightened up on sugar of all kinds. Thinking if I re-weigh tomorrow I'll have a better idea of where I'm at. Was hoping to play Tennis again tonight, but rain might limit that.  

Hope you all are finding ways to stay at it, cheers!  

**while on vacation**

8 year old son: daddy, are you a heavy drinker?

Daddy: at home, absolutely not. But on vacation at the beach, aaaaabsolutely.

I'm plugging away at Adriene's August calendar, doubled up a couple of times so that I'm two days ahead right now.  Hit another one of those "Yoga for..." streaks that she has, so Monday I pretended to be Jessica Springstein in "Yoga for Equestrians" and yesterday I channeled Caeleb Dressel in "Yoga for Swimmers."  Today, however, I could just be myself for "Yoga for When You're in a Bad Mood"!

Right now I'm doing almost nothing physical outside of yoga; my plan is to start walking/hiking in earnest again after I return from a vacation on Sept. 3 (which also happens to be my bday).  I'll need to come in here again then for accountability.  

Seeing lots of good results from people here - congrats to you all!  

And also hello to Otis.  :lol:  

You lose 6 lbs overnight it must be all water weight and I ended up getting rained out about 15 minutes before we were going to play Tennis last night but I didn't eat a lot yesterday. Still I was expecting a rollback once I got hydrated better but not the case this morning. 

This watching what you eat really seems to be working but the combo of eating healthy and also working in exercise is quite potent in the war of the waistlines. 

-Mrs said I was very calm yesterday, she said my anxiety in the last several days seems pretty low vs maybe the last couple weeks when I was packing on some unwanted lbs. I'm sure when I eat properly that I am a lot calmer in general but I think the exercise keeps me in a more balanced state. 

I also think limiting hard alcohol in the last couple weeks has helped tremendously, not as many food outbursts which hard liquor tends to push me towards bad food decisions. 

This week:  218 lbs       Last week:  221 lbs

Change:  -3 lbs               Loss to date:  63 lbs

------------------------------

Target weight:  207 lbs

March 12:   281 lbs  
March 19:   274 lbs
March 26:   270 lbs
April 2:       265 lbs
April 9:       262 lbs
April 16:     259 lbs
April 23:     256 lbs
April 30:     254 lbs
May 7:       251 lbs
May 14:     249 lbs
May 21:     246 lbs
May 28:     245 lbs
June 4:      239 lbs
June 11:    235 lbs
June 18:    235 lbs
June 25:    231 lbs
July 2:       229 lbs
July 9:       232 lbs
July 16:     227 lbs
July 23:     225 lbs
July 30:     223 lbs
Aug 6:       221 lbs
Aug 13:     218 lbs
Good week, lost 3 lbs. Started my exercise bike at difficulty 3 back in March, worked my way up gradually to 10 about a month and a half ago and then plateaued. Finally pushed through and started riding at 11 for full rides, and might start some stretches at 12 soon. My calorie burn was slowly dropping for the same length and intensity rides, so needed to up things a bit. 

MRI came back good, some stuff they said is normal with age, but no tears in the spots that were strained. Also the pain dropped considerably over the last 2 weeks, started alternating Advil and acetaminophen every day plus more ice packs, which I think helped the tendonitis a lot.  Yesterday I got full range of motion related to the first strain without pain. Second still tweaks with certain movements but improved a lot too. 

I feel really good though. I'm feeling more 'dad bod' than obese now. Have more definition in my arms between the therapy exercises and the fat coming off which is good incentive to keep at things even when the shoulder pain is all gone. Appreciate all the support you guys give!

Rough waters ahead. Rainout for almost the entire weekend, not a lot to do but sit around and eat/drink. I hope I can find something to do, I could paint the Den and gust bedroom before my son visits in a few weeks. Yeah that's probably a good idea and will keep me busy. 

Made bangers tonight by the Fresh Mkt, they make them there in house I think, so delicious and so bad for you but I didn't eat much else today, corn flakes and a couple of beers, gonna try and cut it right about here and avoid the sugars tonight except whatever fruit is around. 

Mrs grabbed TripleTail a Florida delicacy in the fish market department, going to cook that up tomorrow and have lots of veggies to counterbalance this day of garbage, good luck over the weekend folks.  

Users who are viewing this thread