What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

krista4 said:
This is not going well.  I did the bad stuff on Thursday, and somehow after that figured WTF and have been awful the rest of the week.  If I could not have gained by tomorrow, that will be a victory.  :(   

This is one of the hardest things.  I could be running marathons and eating nothing but kale all week, but one sip of a Corona Light on Thursday night, and by Sunday morning my wine rack is empty and I'm laying on my kitchen floor in a pile of donuts and empty pizza boxes.

Vacation in the mountains is going well. Got tons of steps today, but also ate all the food and drank all the wine yesterday.

Grilling salmon tonight, so that will be healthier. Will still have a lot of wine, so lets call it a draw.  

After yesterday's workout I was feeling super happy about my running progress, so naturally I started experiencing some foot pain today. Symptoms / area of pain make it seem a lot like tendonitis.  :censored:  Don't want this to become a big problem, so I think I need to cancel my running plans for the rest of the week at least. At the same time I don't want to lose the cardio fitness I've developed thus far, so I might try training on an elliptical (as long as I can do so painlessly) until this is healed. Huge bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rowed for 15 mins one day this week.  That’s been it.  I can’t get a rhythm, can’t get into a groove with any kind of workout.  I miss the Otis of a couple years ago, who was getting up at 4:45am on the regular, driving to the gym, and doing a great lift by 6am.  Jesus, where did that guy get the motivation??

And what’s terrifying to me is that guy did that for a couple years regularly, and still was kind of a fat out of shape dad.  So somehow I have to both start doing that again AND figure out a reason I should start totally hating alcohol and chocolate.  Both of which I really, really love.

I rowed for 15 mins one day this week.  That’s been it.  I can’t get a rhythm, can’t get into a groove with any kind of workout.  I miss the Otis of a couple years ago, who was getting up at 4:45am on the regular, driving to the gym, and doing a great lift by 6am.  Jesus, where did that guy get the motivation??

And what’s terrifying to me is that guy did that for a couple years regularly, and still was kind of a fat out of shape dad.  So somehow I have to both start doing that again AND figure out a reason I should start totally hating alcohol and chocolate.  Both of which I really, really love.
Dude I'm struggling too.  I need some motivation.  Do you want to have a zoom or a phone call or something?  Send me a pm maybe we can help each other. 

Dude I'm struggling too.  I need some motivation.  Do you want to have a zoom or a phone call or something?  Send me a pm maybe we can help each other. 
Maybe find a sport to participate in regularly that will keep you active? I know I find competition to be motivating rather than exercise for the sake of exercise.

Maybe find a sport to participate in regularly that will keep you active? I know I find competition to be motivating rather than exercise for the sake of exercise.
This is good advice but unfortunately not my issue. 

I'm not having a problem exercising, but my basement flooded, my brother in law had a heart attack, the school nearly killed my kid, my dad had a stroke and I slept in the hospital for a week plus, and work has been unusually stressful.  All in September.  It's been a rough month. 

I'm back on the treadmill, and have been hitting the yoga again pretty good, and have done some weights and pushups again, but getting my calories, especially wine, back under control has been tough.

The good news is I've maintained some healthy habits and am in much better shape than previous starting points... the bad news is I'm aware that I'm on a bad run, I've given myself permission to cheat and not given a clear end point, and I know that I know how to fix this so I find myself justifying bad behavior today because I can fix it tomorrow.  

So I do very genuinely appreciate the advice - it's exactly the right advice for a lot of people especially this time of year- but what I really need is just to give a #### again. And I'm hoping that Otis and I can use each other for motivation in some way that helps both of us.  

Sincere thanks for the advice, and maybe competition is what Otis and I need.  Food for thought regardless

Foot is already feeling a bit better today, but I'm definitely going to wait until it's 100% before running again. Was able to work out on the elliptical pain-free so I did that for 30 minutes. A lot less enjoyable than running, but better than nothing. 

On the diet side, things are going alright. My sugar intake has been a bit higher than I'd like, but nothing too crazy. Coming up on 2 weeks without booze. Hope everyone else is doing well!

bostonfred said:

Probably a good idea GB.  I may take you up on that.  Maybe we should do some kind of zoom call.  I eventually need someone to drag me out of this pit, becuase I ain't gettin there on my own... damnit

I don’t want to cast aspersions here but I almost think you don’t want us to succeed 
not at all!  i'm a big fan of you both!!  i've offered my services to otis, many times.   :oldunsure:   i'm also a realist. :banned:  and i have elephantitus of the ankle/foot atm.  what else is there for me to do?

Coffee

Probiotic yogurt/berries/Kind high fiber granola

Cheese sandwich

Black beans and corn

Broccoli with sweet chili sauce 

Yoga and some treadmill

Didn't count calories, but got tons of fiber and a little protein and didn't drink any booze, so I guess I did ok.  @Otishow'd you end up 
oh I did pretty well. Ate two ham and cheese sandwiches all day. Some snacks in the evening. Bottle of red to myself.  Ya know, your basic food pyramid.

It’s a long Columbus Day weekend and I am thinking we should make Tuesday an official start date for whatever we plan to do.  You game?  MFP and rowing or running?  Other?

Aside: after Facebook shoved the ads in front of my face for the billionth time, I broke down and ordered that Huel stuff.  It may be totally terrible but I’ll try anything at this point.

oh I did pretty well. Ate two ham and cheese sandwiches all day. Some snacks in the evening. Bottle of red to myself.  Ya know, your basic food pyramid.

It’s a long Columbus Day weekend and I am thinking we should make Tuesday an official start date for whatever we plan to do.  You game?  MFP and rowing or running?  Other?

Aside: after Facebook shoved the ads in front of my face for the billionth time, I broke down and ordered that Huel stuff.  It may be totally terrible but I’ll try anything at this point.
Absolutely. MFP, running/yoga for me, may mix in some rowing and weights.  

And I've been every bit as bad if not worse recently so I'm not here to judge what you do when you're slacking. 

Otis said:
I know you said, " yes, let's lose weight together!", but apparently, all i heard was, good news, you get one last blowout weekend!

This week:  204 lbs       Last week:  206 lbs

Change:    -2 lbs          Loss to date:  77 lbs

------------------------------

Current Target weight:  190 lbs

March 12:   281 lbs  
March 19:   274 lbs
March 26:   270 lbs
April 2:       265 lbs
April 9:       262 lbs
April 16:     259 lbs
April 23:     256 lbs
April 30:     254 lbs
May 7:       251 lbs
May 14:     249 lbs
May 21:     246 lbs
May 28:     245 lbs
June 4:      239 lbs
June 11:    235 lbs
June 18:    235 lbs
June 25:    231 lbs
July 2:       229 lbs
July 9:       232 lbs
July 16:     227 lbs
July 23:     225 lbs
July 30:     223 lbs
Aug 6:       221 lbs
Aug 13:     218 lbs
Aug 20:     215 lbs
Aug 27:     212 lbs
Sep 3:        210 lbs
Sep 10:       206 lbs   First Goal of 207 lbs Reached    🌟 💥 🌟 💥  🌟 💥 🌟 
Oct 1:         206 lbs
Oct 8:         204 lbs
Week started out great, then went to hell in other ways than dieting. 2 lbs lost. 

Eating more protein was going well. One carb craving and minor Doritos binge, but otherwise good. Protein shakes are cutting my appetite some which helps. Bought protein powder and made frozen protein pudding pops. Getting about 140-150g of protein a day (up from 75-80g before).

Then things went to hell the last few days as my dad had a major stroke. 2 1/2 days in ICU but was moved out last night. Has movement back everywhere but one arm and hand, and is tough to understand but can talk intelligibly and is aware of what's going on around him. So just trying to look on the bright side it wasn't worse. He'll need rehab before he can come home it sounds like. 

I kind of crashed hard yesterday after no sleep and everything going on. Doing better today, slept through the night and then got up and worked out, put down some lawn winterizer and fire ant killer and got some sun. Gorgeous day out, 88 and sunny. About to hit the bike and watch some college football, or maybe the USMNT world cup qualifier I haven't watched yet (don't know the result yet, no spoilers please!).

Week started out great, then went to hell in other ways than dieting. 2 lbs lost. 

Eating more protein was going well. One carb craving and minor Doritos binge, but otherwise good. Protein shakes are cutting my appetite some which helps. Bought protein powder and made frozen protein pudding pops. Getting about 140-150g of protein a day (up from 75-80g before).

Then things went to hell the last few days as my dad had a major stroke. 2 1/2 days in ICU but was moved out last night. Has movement back everywhere but one arm and hand, and is tough to understand but can talk intelligibly and is aware of what's going on around him. So just trying to look on the bright side it wasn't worse. He'll need rehab before he can come home it sounds like. 

I kind of crashed hard yesterday after no sleep and everything going on. Doing better today, slept through the night and then got up and worked out, put down some lawn winterizer and fire ant killer and got some sun. Gorgeous day out, 88 and sunny. About to hit the bike and watch some college football, or maybe the USMNT world cup qualifier I haven't watched yet (don't know the result yet, no spoilers please!).

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.  I'm glad he's on the road to recovery!

I need to get running again, I hate this ####### elliptical. :lmao:  Perversely, my lack of running seems to have made it easier for me to just say "F it" and slip up on the diet stuff too. Ugh. 

On the bright side, my foot is feeling good enough that I might try running again soon. It didn't start hurting until that really fast run on Tuesday, so this week I'll see if I can get away with doing my usual ~16 miles just at 100% easy pace -- no quick stuff. Fingers crossed.

I bet Otis is super fat, balding, sporting a grey goatee while posting about his Neil Strauss modeled forays on r/Seduction getting his fragile ego swole that has been lost since his narcissistic threads have played out once his scant followers here graduated college, found a new rabbi online, actually read Bret Easton Ellis, and had to pay taxes.

Otis died years ago, even when he was still posting here. FFS, the FFA was "Otis..."

Oits is homo. Not in homosexual, well, ok it was. But in the entomology of homos. Meaning same.

Otis is Bro, and Bro is the new homo. He never got to Joe Rogan level, but it's not like he wasn't a pioneer. He listened to sports talk radio, drank a ####load of tequila in college, joined a choice frat, pwned at beer pong, beat every sucker at liars poker, was chest out once a freshman came into his presence, and puked Natty Beast with conviction and authority.

Of course he is legend here. It's FBG.

Felt great to run again today, did 4 easy miles at 9:38 pace. Foot seemed to hold up well but I’m still a bit nervous — foam rolling and stretching it a ton just to make sure. This pain initially showed up the day after a workout, so if I wake up tomorrow feeling good I think I can safely resume all easy runs. 

Diet yesterday was actually passable!  :bowtie:  I’m getting back on track again, something I probably say in here at least once a month.

Users who are viewing this thread