What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, NE (1 Viewer)

this is painful in a must win and on sunday night.  i'm looking at JD McKissic as an emergency replacement.  that or i have to roll with Olsen in the morning

Crystalsteam99 said:
Bryant benefits the most.. not Bell or Brown
I have watched the Steelers this year and honestly, Big Ben literally looks sick when he throws to Bryant, that doesn’t bode well for him, I honestly see James and Rogers gets Jujus targets. Bryant is so bad.

I have watched the Steelers this year and honestly, Big Ben literally looks sick when he throws to Bryant, that doesn’t bode well for him, I honestly see James and Rogers gets Jujus targets. Bryant is so bad.
Exactly. Bell and Brown feast this week, Bryant is brutal, he won't throw to him unless he absolutely has to

The Steelers don't expect to know JuJu Smith-Schuster's (hamstring) Week 13 availability until late in the week.

Hamstring problems can linger, and Smith-Schuster's was serious enough to prevent him from playing in Sunday night's win over Green Bay. Martavis Bryant will see more opportunities against the Bengals if Smith-Schuster can't go.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Matchup isn't as good as it was vs. the Packers but I'll fire up Bryant again if Juju can't go. Scored once and they tried to get him TDs on two other plays. Strong Red Zone usage even with Brown and Bell going predictably nuts.

But hopefully Smith-Schuster returns. Would hate to see such a promising season derailed by injury. 

any practice reports?  juju was said to have a chance to play but he's not even listed in an of the FBG staff rankings and he's not even in Brammel's injury chart.  what gives?

any practice reports?  juju was said to have a chance to play but he's not even listed in an of the FBG staff rankings and he's not even in Brammel's injury chart.  what gives?
No definitive word out there yet. My guess is we won't get a firmer understanding of his Monday night availability until practice tomorrow, but I bet we hear something by end of day today.

Last update on Rotoworld was on November 28:

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said JuJu Smith-Schuster (hamstring) has a chance to play Week 13 against the Bengals.

Smith-Schuster did not practice at all last week, suggesting he is questionable at best, but he will get an extra day to recover with the Steelers playing on Monday night. Of course, that also means we may not know his status when the main slate kicks off on Sunday afternoon. The rookie's status will hopefully become clear throughout the week. Nov 28 - 12:10 PM

Source: Joe Rutter on Twitter

He's in the 80's on Madden...
JuJu Smith-Schuster reached a max speed of 20.64 MPH on that 97-yard TD. 

On his touchdown, Smith-Schuster was anything but slow. According to NFL’s Senior Director of Football Communications Randall Liu, Smith-Schuster hit a top speed of 20.64 mph … with pads on … while carrying a football. That’s just ridiculous. And sure, the 40-yard dash is a solid indicator of baseline speed, but there are certainly other factors to consider. Some players simply run faster when they’re being chased — he wasn’t a slow player at USC.

:shrug:

JuJu Smith-Schuster reached a max speed of 20.64 MPH on that 97-yard TD. 

On his touchdown, Smith-Schuster was anything but slow. According to NFL’s Senior Director of Football Communications Randall Liu, Smith-Schuster hit a top speed of 20.64 mph … with pads on … while carrying a football. That’s just ridiculous. And sure, the 40-yard dash is a solid indicator of baseline speed, but there are certainly other factors to consider. Some players simply run faster when they’re being chased — he wasn’t a slow player at USC.

:shrug:
It was mostly a joke about him referencing his stats in Madden as to why he kept looking back on his 90-yard TD.

That said, he's not just a burner, he's also a great route runner, so even if his top speed is lower due to the hamstring, he should still do well.

I agree with steelers1080 regarding JuJu's speed - it's an awesome asset but he doesn't rely on it and it's not his greatest strength as a WR.  He should be fine tonight.

I think Juju is instructive in the (at times) over-reliance on 40 times.  Some players are just faster on the field of play, what I guess you could call game speed.  I don't have numbers, but Juju looks to have excellent game speed, at least by the eye test.

How many games does juju get?
Depends on whether the NFL is serious about stamping out this kind of thing.

Premeditated, revenge, incredibly dangerous, and then the taunting.  Anything less than three or four and all the NFL is doing is guaranteeing someone will have Burfict's back in the next one.

But it's the Steelers, so, you know.  Don't hold your breath.

How many games does juju get?
As I said in the Gronk thread, the NFL’s decision-making process is arbitrary and capricious so it’s impossible to predict what they will do. Vicious illegal block + taunting + no prior record = 1 game IMO, but I have no way of knowing whether that’s even close to what they will actually do.

You guys really think JuJu deserves to get suspended?  First time offender, block was too high so certainly a fine.  I hated the taunting so he should get a separate fine for that, but suspended? 

You guys really think JuJu deserves to get suspended?  First time offender, block was too high so certainly a fine.  I hated the taunting so he should get a separate fine for that, but suspended? 
Yeah, I do. I have JuJu on my fantasy team, too, but he's gotta go for a game or two.  Antonio Brown was apparently in the background yelling "Karma" as JuJu got interviewed, so there's a lot of bad blood there and some history, but as a pure act, that's easily suspendible. 

He’ll get atleast a game for the taunt alone imo. That was worse than the hit. Just the hit and he prolly would have gotten away with a fine.

Oof, was that ever a hit. Burfict won't be so quick to mess around with guys anymore. 

Two games?  
Not sure about that. Burfict strikes me as the type of guy who would look for revenge. Guess he was livid in the locker room that they wouldn’t let him back in the game.

Premeditated, revenge, incredibly dangerous, and then the taunting.  Anything less than three or four and all the NFL is doing is guaranteeing someone will have Burfict's back in the next one.

3 or 4 games?  You're out of your mind.

Premeditated, revenge, incredibly dangerous, and then the taunting.  Anything less than three or four ONE, MAYBE and all the NFL is doing is guaranteeing someone will have Burfict's back in the next one.

FYP.

There is no evidence of premeditation, you're making that up, AFAIK. 

There is no revenge; Burfict never hit JuJu with anything dirty & JuJu wasn't on the team when Burfict hit Brown, Bell, Roethlisberger.  If you want to call it revenge for Burfict kicking the Steeler in the earlier game this year (can't remember which player it was), that's really weak.

JuJu has NO history, and based on how the league has handled these incidents in the past (most notably with Burfict himself), first-time offenses aren't always suspensions.  Besides, how do we know Burfict wasn't faking?  I mean, even if he is medically diagnosed with a concussion, even if he misses the next game (even if it's a playoff game), he could still be faking, right?  Maybe a Steeler can claim that saw him wink after the hit?

This was a high block during the a play (minus the taunting) - this wasn't Mike Evans running across the field and blindsiding a guy after a play was over.

If Juju gets suspended does the safety for Cincy?

ETA: i'd be fine with 1 game because of the taunting

Users who are viewing this thread