What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

I'm sure there's something in there about intent... well... kinda sure
There is - and should have been a straight red.  But, the FA will only review incidents not seen by the match officials.  Here the match officials saw the incident - but did not see it clearly.  Ref awarded the free kick showing he saw a foul - but decided it was not worthy of a card.  Ref was wrong, but I am pretty sure the FA does not review "wrong" decisions.

Maybe if the ref puts the incident in his match report - claiming he saw a foul by Zlatan, but did not see an elbow thrown - but even then I don't think its reviewable.

So what about the stomp? Also a play on the ball, nothing called. Same situation?
Stomp could be different - no indication that Ref saw that.

Of course, Bournemouth would raise holy hell if the FA issued a retroactive ban for violent conduct for that incident and not Zlatan's elbow...

Stomp could be different - no indication that Ref saw that.

Of course, Bournemouth would raise holy hell if the FA issued a retroactive ban for violent conduct for that incident and not Zlatan's elbow...
There's no indication the ref saw the elbow either

Reddit to the rescue:

The latest changes cover "acts of violent conduct that occur secondarily to a challenge for the ball" and "in off-the-ball incidents where one or more match official did see the players coming together, but the match officials' view was such that none of them had the opportunity to make a decision on an act of misconduct that took place within that coming together".

Reddit to the rescue:

The latest changes cover "acts of violent conduct that occur secondarily to a challenge for the ball" and "in off-the-ball incidents where one or more match official did see the players coming together, but the match officials' view was such that none of them had the opportunity to make a decision on an act of misconduct that took place within that coming together".
So... Banished? (Pronounced Shakespeare like with "Ed" separated at the end)

Am I the only one who thinks that yellow on Surmans challenge on Shaw was harsh?

Sure, it was strong... but all ball. Took Shaw out after winning the ball.

:lol:  Man U need another sub...

ETA - and ref jumping over the injured player - only needed a head stomp to make this game complete.

Users who are viewing this thread