What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (17 Viewers)

IMHO, while you need a RB.....there may be an acceptable one for you with your next pick based on the non-bold players. And, you'd keep your 11 & 12 picks. The 17 & 18 picks are garbage time picks, you don't need them. They are asking too much.......and, the rumor I hear is McCoy wants to go back to Philly.

Another offer, Sanders, 14th, two 22nd rounders for my 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th rounders.

This would allow my to keep my 7th, 8th, and 9th rounders. I realize the 22nd rounders are near worthless, but still would you consider that?? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up taking JuJu. Looked back at the 2018 scoring in this league and he was a MONSTER. Granted AB is not there now like in 2018, but I believe a healthy Ben will make a big difference. Plus I think Diontae is a heck of a young WR and should help too. So after mid 4th round I am pretty happy with my start of Lamar, Kamara, Godwin, Evans, and JuJu….but now I wait until 7.9 to pick again. This wait is going to be brutal.  :kicksrock:
Personally would’ve taken Brown and it would’ve taken me less than a second to make the decision

I'm confused how a dynasty startup where you can draft specific 2021 1sts has any sort of longevity. Anyone who finishes in the bottom 5 and doesn't even have a shot at a high pick next year...why would they stay in this league? I get that they SHOULD because they knew what they were getting into, but there's no incentive and you're going to bleed owners after the season imo unless they're made to pay in advance. Even worse for someone who goes all-in taking vet value as some convince themselves to do, and then whiff entirely and end up with a trash old team AND no 2021 capital.

Seems like a recipe for disaster, league-wise. 

I realize a "normal" startup would allow you to trade these picks anyways, but they don't have specific value yet. Being able to draft the top future picks now throws a whole wrench in the way dynasty leagues are supposed to work imo. Even moreso than the way devy drafts effect future pick value.

Hoping you guys could help me with my pick in this best ball, PPR dynasty SF startup. I'm OTC at the 4.4 pick and have Lamar Jackson, Kamara, Godwin, and Evans so far. 

Best available: QBs- Ryan, Stafford, Darnold, Brees
RBs- Ekeler, Fournette
WRs- Cooper, JuJu, AJ Brown, Julio, Beckham
TEs- Engram, Waller, Henry, Fant
Picks 1.6, 1.7, and all of 2021 picks available. 

This is my last pick until 7.9. Seems there is still very good value at WR, followed by RB, and maybe even TE. Not sure I'm loving any of these QBs here, but realize 2 is ideal in this SF format. Although I could see some of the older vet QBs (Brady, Brees falling even to 7th or later) Thoughts??

I agree with @barackdhouse - this is Juju and it's not really that close. 

I'm confused how a dynasty startup where you can draft specific 2021 1sts has any sort of longevity. Anyone who finishes in the bottom 5 and doesn't even have a shot at a high pick next year...why would they stay in this league? I get that they SHOULD because they knew what they were getting into, but there's no incentive and you're going to bleed owners after the season imo unless they're made to pay in advance. Even worse for someone who goes all-in taking vet value as some convince themselves to do, and then whiff entirely and end up with a trash old team AND no 2021 capital.

Seems like a recipe for disaster, league-wise. 

I realize a "normal" startup would allow you to trade these picks anyways, but they don't have specific value yet. Being able to draft the top future picks now throws a whole wrench in the way dynasty leagues are supposed to work imo. Even moreso than the way devy drafts effect future pick value.
I agree - that's really strange. And how is the 2021 1.01 still on the board? That's crazy talk.

So its mid 6th round in this startup, again I don't pick until the 7.9 (current roster is Lamar, Kamara, Godwin, Evans, JuJu) and I just received this offer

Miles Sanders, 17.12,  and 18.1

for

7.9, 11.9, 12.4

Getting another good RB would help this roster for sure, but without a pick in the 5th and 6th round, not sure I want to go until the 8th round for my next pick (I have to get another QB and need 2 TEs in the worst way)

Well Sanders becomes a pick in those rounds.

Dr. Octopus said:
It makes zero sense.
The only silver lining I see is if the 2020 season doesn’t happen then this type of league won’t have to deal with the questions and complaints of the 2021 draft order that traditional dynasty leagues, especially start ups, might have deal with.

The chances of that are very remote - but even if that does happen, a better solution would have just been to randomize rookie draft order next offseason.
Well as remote as it might be, if it does happen then this league will be in a better position than a randomized rookie draft order in 2021.

Well we had to pay for 2020 and 2021 when the league formed, so I guess that protects people from bailing too...
It really is a weird system. And I still can't believe noone is taking the 2021 1.01 yet. Is there a special rule on when they can be drafted, like only after the 2020s are gone or something? You said this is superflex right? That 1.01 is Trevor Lawrence.

I'm considering putting together a trade that would send Aaron Jones and 2.12 for Chris Carson and DK Metcalf......Is that fair? It seems like I'd need to add more. But how much more?

I don't like either RB, and it would not surprise me if they drafted a RB based on both players injuries last year and Penny so far showing little to nothing. 
I like what I've seen from Penny when he plays. Conditioning and injuries have been a huge issue obviously. But if somehow he recovers from the knee and gets his act together, I think he has talent. That's a big if though so I wouldn't be surprised either if they used some draft capital to get another one. Penny does come pretty cheap right now though so for the chance he does turn it around he might be a good investment.

That's a great question, I'm not sure, I need to find out. And no rule about drafting 2021 picks. I guess guys are all trying to win right now...
Well heck, you should just start drafting 2021 1.01, 1.02., 1.03, ...

The league will be over in 2022.

I'm considering putting together a trade that would send Aaron Jones and 2.12 for Chris Carson and DK Metcalf......Is that fair? It seems like I'd need to add more. But how much more?
 according to the dynasty trade analyzer it's in favor of the guy getting Carson

Jonnu Smith...a hold?

Flip for a 2nd if you can?
Most of the places I own him I also own 2-3 other flier TE's and they're TE premium leagues.  In those cases he's definitely a hold for me.  I need one of them to pan out, and no rookie is going to give me that kind of value unless one of my top12 slips and I can get them.  And even there I would consider that pretty much a 1 for 1 swap with even value.  I don't like even value, I like to win the trade.  

It's a "start over" team and Fant would be my #1. Also an IDP league so 2nds are a little more appealing.

I'm getting draft pick greedy. I already have the 1, 2, 8, 11, and 13 picks. A couple teams have two picks in the 2nd that I'm eyeballing.
I would take the #2...no doubt Smith has upside because he looks the part but it will take some real sustained success for me to trust him and there are plenty of other TEs that fit that description so I would rather have that 2 and see what else I can do with it....with your stash you can easily figure out something with your backup TE.

In terms of draft picks, what is the value of Hunt and Stidham?
Id be looking to acquire them and wondering what I should expect to pay. 

note: these are different leagues so I’m not trying to land both of them for a group of picks. 

note: these are different leagues so I’m not trying to land both of them for a group of picks. 
You can probably get Stidham for a 3rd. I wouldnt move him unless it got me Herbert or Burrow personally.

Hunt should go for about 1.09-1.10

Stidham in 1 QB league is WW material.  

Hunt I would pay 1.06/1.07 for so that would be where I value him.  I own Hunt in multiple leagues and have received many lowball offers this offseason with people trying to buy low now in hopes he gets job next year.  

Stidham in 1 QB league is WW material.  

Hunt I would pay 1.06/1.07 for so that would be where I value him.  I own Hunt in multiple leagues and have received many lowball offers this offseason with people trying to buy low now in hopes he gets job next year.  
I think I’d rather have the pick but push it back a few spots and I’m with you. Wouldn’t give much for stidham, I think a 3rd rd pick would be a snap accept if offered. Rather pay a 5th depending on how many rds you have...

Looking for values/ranking of the following in a 12 team PPR league:

Sutton

Ridley

McLaurin and Corey Davis

K. Hunt and 2020 rookie pick #5

K. Hunt and 2020 rookie pick #18

Sterling Shepard

Sutton

Ridley

McLaurin and Corey Davis

Sterling Shepard
I was just offered Ridley for my 1.6 rookie pick in a 12 team PPR dynasty league. I declined because I am stacked at WR and plan to use the pick on the RB. And I've been asked the moon (like 1.3 pick) for McLaurin but that's because guys in my leagues know I'm a diehard Redskin fan and try to fleece me. ;)

Sutton

Ridley

McLaurin and Corey Davis

Sterling Shepard
Why is hunt/18 on this list?  Obviously it's worse than hunt /5.

Corey Davis to me is pure waiver trash.  So

Sutton, hunt/5, McLarin, Ridley, Shepard. But it's close.

Sutton

Ridley

McLaurin and Corey Davis

Sterling Shepard
Sutton
McLaurin and Corey Davis
Ridley
Sterling Shepard

Those top 3 are close.

Why is hunt/18 on this list?  Obviously it's worse than hunt /5.

Corey Davis to me is pure waiver trash.  So

Sutton, hunt/5, McLarin, Ridley, Shepard. But it's close.
According to Hindery's April trade value chart Hunt + 2020 rookie pick 18 = McLaurin. I think his chart puts less value on Hunt than I do (he has Hunt = Shepard) but wanted to get other opinions.

According to his chart Hunt + 2020 rookie pick 5 is a little higher than Sutton, so arranging the options according to the chart looks like this:

Hunt and rookie pick 5

Sutton

McLaurin and C. Davis

Ridley

Hunt and rookie pick 18

Shepard

In my Dynasty league with 27 roster spots, Stidham is on the waiver wire.

Hunt owner wouldn't trade for the 2.04.

Users who are viewing this thread