What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (14 Viewers)

I suppose 1.09 is about right but it’s a different game at te these days, hard to deal one for what you might think they’re worth because no one wants to pay for one. 
I have an all-star TE lineup in a TE Premo league and it would have to be in that 1.5-1.7 area for me.

Tex

Thanks. trying to figure out what to do... I have Barkley, Zeke, Mixon, Henderson. My WRs are good not great. I could use a guy like Hill to put with Godwin, Kupp, Sutton. 

And yes, RB would be 1.01, and I hold 1.02, 1.04
Given you have 1.02 and 1.04, I would keep Zeke. You will get 1 or 2 rookie RBs, so why would you need 3? They aren’t Gauranteed producers....and Zeke is.

Thanks. trying to figure out what to do... I have Barkley, Zeke, Mixon, Henderson. My WRs are good not great. I could use a guy like Hill to put with Godwin, Kupp, Sutton. 

And yes, RB would be 1.01, and I hold 1.02, 1.04
Especially since you own those other picks I really don't see how you would take that offer (not saying it isn't a fair one). Look at how Zeke has produced, and he's still a few years away from decline. I think his sure thing production versus the 1.01 makes up for the gap from Hill to AJB. Starting Barkely, Zeke and Mixon gives you a huge advantage over most teams you play and your WRs will still stack up to most teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I just am worried McCarthy will destroy Zeke's value. I have zero faith in that guy
I have Zeke in that dynasty league I'm in. I never thought of this. Never crossed my mind. Not for one minute. How dumb of me. I have buyers. Now might be the time. He's going to start the season at 25. This and next are his peak years, and then it's decline. Sell before the apex, I should be telling myself.

I have Zeke in that dynasty league I'm in. I never thought of this. Never crossed my mind. Not for one minute. How dumb of me. I have buyers. Now might be the time. He's going to start the season at 25. This and next are his peak years, and then it's decline. Sell before the apex, I should be telling myself.
Why would you worry about McCarthy hurting Zeke's value? Did he hurt Eddie Lacy's, who was inferior as a runner and pass catcher? Maybe people think he didn't utilize Aaron Jones correctly but maybe Jones progressed in his game and he did add 10 pounds to his frame during the offseason after McCarthy left.

ETA: and he has three potential peak years left (25,26,27) - that's a lot of production to forgo. 

How are we valuing McLaurin right now?

Have had several offers for him and they are all over the place, some seemingly fair, some obviously fishing for a counter.

What pick would you want back for F1 in this draft, also what player.

In my case specifically, he is easily my wr3, and its a large gap to the wr 4. Its a pretty bad group.
Was offered Sterling Shepard, 2021 1st and 3rd. meh.

Probably more of a 2020 question but more talk from the Chargers that Lynn is bullish on Tyrod Taylor and for more than one year. Is Tyrod a top 12 fantasy QB considering his rushing ability and a strong group of receiving weapons.

Probably more of a 2020 question but more talk from the Chargers that Lynn is bullish on Tyrod Taylor and for more than one year. Is Tyrod a top 12 fantasy QB considering his rushing ability and a strong group of receiving weapons.
I think there’s a chance, but I’m not bold enough to make that my prediction. I’ve heard Keenan Allen’s name floated in trade rumors as well, so we will see what this looks like in a month. I think Tyrod is a decent QB, who did a lot with a little in buffalo and a bad team in Cleveland that was ready to move on before he even got started. Maybe he’s just a retread like Fitzpatrick or Mccown, but I think he’s got what is likely his last chance to be a starter and will try to make the most of it. Sometimes you see this (Alex Smith) where a guy suddenly becomes less afraid of the repercussions of mistakes because they have nothing to lose and they put together a solid season. 

Dr. Dan said:
2. He seemed to refuse to run at the goal line

Now, some of that may be he didnt have a great GL back, but not really... he had some good full backs and some decent halfbacks to punch it in. When he finally started using Ripkowski he did quite well. But none were Zeke
How much of that is on Rodgers? He seems like a pretty big diva and stat-whore?

dmac37 said:
The reason that Lynn is bullish on Tyrod goes back to their days together in Buffalo. Lynn was the ###'t head coach in 2015 and OC in 2016.

Tyrod's number those years were....

2015 -- 63.7%, 20 TD's, 6 INT's

2016 -- 61.7%, 16 TD's, 6 INT's

Regardless of whether I, or anyone else, am optimistic on Tyrod's long-term prospects, he does have periods where he's been successful while limiting turnovers.... and Coach Lynn knows that very well.

I just remember he was pretty awful at the end in Buffalo and in Cleveland. I think people remember him as being better than he actually was. I guess for fantasy he's an ok QB2 but I wouldn't expect much honestly. 

Interesting to see team visits broken down in one chart.

---------------------------------------

Tom Kislingbury@TomKislingbury

Here's all visits by team broken out by position.

Some things I see:

• - The Bucs are looking hard for more OL help.
  • - The Rams want another RB
  • - The Cowboys are focusing on defense
  • - The Ravens know they need a LB
  • - The Browns and Jets need some big O linemen in the worst way
>>  👉  >>  LINK to graph of visits by team broken out by position 

----------------------------------------

Oops. :blush:

Meant to post this in a different thread.  

dmac37 said:
I don't think he is a top 12 redraft QB, much less in dynasty. In real life, I think he will be a bottom 5-10 NFL QB.

Snorkelson said:
I think there’s a chance, but I’m not bold enough to make that my prediction. I’ve heard Keenan Allen’s name floated in trade rumors as well, so we will see what this looks like in a month. I think Tyrod is a decent QB, who did a lot with a little in buffalo and a bad team in Cleveland that was ready to move on before he even got started. Maybe he’s just a retread like Fitzpatrick or Mccown, but I think he’s got what is likely his last chance to be a starter and will try to make the most of it. Sometimes you see this (Alex Smith) where a guy suddenly becomes less afraid of the repercussions of mistakes because they have nothing to lose and they put together a solid season. 
I'd be interested to know what trade rumors you are talking about. I follow the Chargers closely and have not seen that. I think there is zero chance of Allen going anywhere, and, in fact, I think it is likely the team will extend this contract this offseason.

I don't think Smith is a particularly good comp for Tyrod, either.

dmac37 said:
He averaged over 20 and a little over 22 fantasy points a game in almost full season starts in Buffalo so if he could actually keep the job all season I'd say yes it's possible.

Thanks guys, this is my gut feeling too. 

I think I just am worried McCarthy will destroy Zeke's value. I have zero faith in that guy
Ryan Grant seemed to do okay and he's not Zeke

Just as Dak isnt Favre or Aaron.

I think its a safe bet that Zeke is going to do well...injuries notwithstanding

I'm not sure I'd give him up for the 1.01 honestly. 
Man, I would not give up the 1.01, 1.02 or the 1.03 for Sutton! I can’t see giving up one of the top 3 rookie RBs who have more value for a WR with a still fairly raw QB and a defensively minded Head Coach.

Man, I would not give up the 1.01, 1.02 or the 1.03 for Sutton! I can’t see giving up one of the top 3 rookie RBs who have more value for a WR with a still fairly raw QB and a defensively minded Head Coach.
Yeah maybe the 1.01 I would do it and draft Taylor. But not those other RBs (I still have a hard time ranking RBs over WRs which I need to get over). This is why dynasty is fun though - there are lots of ways to do it. 

Ryan Grant seemed to do okay and he's not Zeke

Just as Dak isnt Favre or Aaron.

I think its a safe bet that Zeke is going to do well...injuries notwithstanding
I can't believe I'm being the guy who quotes himself...but I'm going to show what I thought Zeke was worth in a post I am putting into the ###. Coach forum.

I think that just leads to Sutton's value even more.  Look what he did with Trashcco and then the rookie.  What if Lock is legit?

Hoping you guys could help me with my pick in this best ball, PPR dynasty SF startup. I'm OTC at the 4.4 pick and have Lamar Jackson, Kamara, Godwin, and Evans so far. 

Best available: QBs- Ryan, Stafford, Darnold, Brees
RBs- Ekeler, Fournette
WRs- Cooper, JuJu, AJ Brown, Julio, Beckham
TEs- Engram, Waller, Henry, Fant
Picks 1.6, 1.7, and all of 2021 picks available. 

This is my last pick until 7.9. Seems there is still very good value at WR, followed by RB, and maybe even TE. Not sure I'm loving any of these QBs here, but realize 2 is ideal in this SF format. Although I could see some of the older vet QBs (Brady, Brees falling even to 7th or later) Thoughts??

Hoping you guys could help me with my pick in this best ball, PPR dynasty SF startup. I'm OTC at the 4.4 pick and have Lamar Jackson, Kamara, Godwin, and Evans so far. 

RBs- Ekeler, Fournette

This is my last pick until 7.9. Seems there is still very good value at WR, followed by RB, and maybe even TE. Not sure I'm loving any of these QBs here, but realize 2 is ideal in this SF format. Although I could see some of the older vet QBs (Brady, Brees falling even to 7th or later) Thoughts??

I stopped reading when I saw the name Juju. That is my answer.

RBs- Ekeler, Fournette

I'd probably take AJ Brown for the hype/trade value and see what I could get for him later. 

and you trust Big Ben stays healthy and he bounces back? I only considered Cooper over him with logic that Dak > Big Ben or other Rbs used last year...
Juju is 2.5 years younger than Cooper. I absolutely do trust Ben will come back and I think Juju has a strong future ahead of him. Cooper is an enigma and I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. I'm not worried about what happens when Ben retires. A little more than a year from now Juju will still only be 24 and Cooper will be 27, which is still prime territory, but from a dynasty asset valuation standpoint, Juju looks to be worth a lot more. He was a 1st round startup pick last year. But. It's your team do what you will. I ####### hate Cooper so you're asking the wrong guy about him. 

I'd probably take AJ Brown for the hype/trade value and see what I could get for him later. 
I love Brown, but I don't know many guys in this league, not sure if that's going to bear fruit later or not. Don't know how active or how much trading to expect. There has been some during the draft but not a ton by any means...

Juju is 2.5 years younger than Cooper. I absolutely do trust Ben will come back and I think Juju has a strong future ahead of him. Cooper is an enigma and I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. I'm not worried about what happens when Ben retires. One year from now Juju will still only be 24 and Cooper will be 27, which is still prime territory, but from a dynasty asset valuation standpoint, Juju looks to be worth a lot more. He was a 1st round startup pick last year. But. It's your team do what you will. I ####### hate Cooper so you're asking the wrong guy about him. 
I hate Cooper too (Redskins diehard) lol, and using same logic, age, long term asset, what about AJ Brown vs JuJu? 

I hate Cooper too (Redskins diehard) lol, and using same logic, age, long term asset, what about AJ Brown vs JuJu? 
I think that is a solid debate actually. I have no issue whatsoever with someone favoring Brown. At the moment the Pitt offense will generate significantly more targets than Tenn. But I do love AJ Brown myself. 

If I'm reading this correctly, you currently have the 40th pick and your next pick is 81.  A lot happens, so I'd be evaluating what's likely to be my option at 81 on.  Seems QB is out of the question right now - too expensive and too old (and the early draft picks are gone).  You're going to have to be creative at TE, but on the ADP I checked, Fant slotted in at 82.  For me it's RB or WR and I see a whole bunch of the WRs you listed all bunched in the same area (around pick 40).  Taking it a step further, for me it's RB as the dropoff gets steep.  You might get Conner (85) or Guice on your next pick depending on how things go - and your shelf life is shorter.  Looks like you traded for an additional early pick and this is the price for that - not good or bad - just the price.  For me it's Beckham if WR and Fournette if RB, but I'm a minority believer in these guys . . .

RBs- Ekeler, Fournette

You guys are drafting 2021 picks in the startup?

How the hell are JJSS, AJ Brown, and OBJ all on the board at 4.04 but rookie picks start at 1.06?  And how do you have 4 studs already and still own the 4.4?  This seems like a league/draft where you throw a dart and collect your check in December.  Are the 2021 picks just "Team A 1st round pick" or are they pre-determined like you can draft 2021 1.01?  With as stacked as your team already is I would probably consider that.

Hankmoody said:
Courtland Sutton = what 2020 rookie slot?
I'd slot him around 1.05/1.07. I'd prefer to take my chances on Jeudy or Lamb but would favor him over all the other rookie WRs (although I suspect one or two will end up better it's just hard to know which ones they will be).

RBs- Ekeler, Fournette

I would go wr, whichever one  you prefer. You need to diversify a bit imo with godwin and evans being your top 2 but on the same team. I would personally be more comfortable with one of those other wr, which are all pretty good, but not dependent on the same qb and game script to get work. Obviously they can co exist and produce, but the safer play is to diversify

Ended up taking JuJu. Looked back at the 2018 scoring in this league and he was a MONSTER. Granted AB is not there now like in 2018, but I believe a healthy Ben will make a big difference. Plus I think Diontae is a heck of a young WR and should help too. So after mid 4th round I am pretty happy with my start of Lamar, Kamara, Godwin, Evans, and JuJu….but now I wait until 7.9 to pick again. This wait is going to be brutal.  :kicksrock:

I agree with Pringle’s train of thought. I would keep the younger of the two in Godwin and try to move Evans for the 4.5 and maybe small upgrade later In draft. Is so then I’d snag AJBrown, JuJu at 4.4 & 4.5 and enjoy The young WR trio of Godwin, JUJU and AJBrown for years to come. You’d be drafting both young and production right out the gate. 

How the hell are JJSS, AJ Brown, and OBJ all on the board at 4.04 but rookie picks start at 1.06?  And how do you have 4 studs already and still own the 4.4?  This seems like a league/draft where you throw a dart and collect your check in December.  Are the 2021 picks just "Team A 1st round pick" or are they pre-determined like you can draft 2021 1.01?  With as stacked as your team already is I would probably consider that.
that is a fair point. as big as i am on juju the 2021 1.01 is definitely a strong consideration.

Ended up taking JuJu. Looked back at the 2018 scoring in this league and he was a MONSTER. Granted AB is not there now like in 2018, but I believe a healthy Ben will make a big difference. Plus I think Diontae is a heck of a young WR and should help too. So after mid 4th round I am pretty happy with my start of Lamar, Kamara, Godwin, Evans, and JuJu….but now I wait until 7.9 to pick again. This wait is going to be brutal.  :kicksrock:
It's a heck of a start IMO. Yes that gap to 7.9 is pretty large. I did a SF startup recently and my read was that from something like the early to mid 5th all the way until somewhere in the 8th round, really wasn't a ton of difference on my board. So if you're going to sacrifice some picks to get those extra early premium ones, these would be the ones to sacrifice. But that's a *long* gap. We couldn't draft future picks in ours, though, so that is a bit different. I would expect to start seeing those come off.

So its mid 6th round in this startup, again I don't pick until the 7.9 (current roster is Lamar, Kamara, Godwin, Evans, JuJu) and I just received this offer

Miles Sanders, 17.12,  and 18.1

for

7.9, 11.9, 12.4

Getting another good RB would help this roster for sure, but without a pick in the 5th and 6th round, not sure I want to go until the 8th round for my next pick (I have to get another QB and need 2 TEs in the worst way)

Would anyone accept that as is?  And if this helps, here's a list of best available and 6.7 pick is OTC

QBs- Darnold, Brees, Jimmy G, Tannehill, Brady, Lock, Bridgewater, Minshew, Big Ben, Newton, Haskins, Rivers
RBs- Fournette, Gurley, Gordon, Mack, Montgomery, Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Carson, Conner, Ingram, Guice, Hunt, DJ
WRs- K. Allen, Ridley, Deebo, McLaurin, Boyd, Gallup, Thielen, Lockett, Woods, Landry, Kirk, Hilton, Hollywood Brown...
TEs- Goedert, Higbee, Gesicki, Howard, Cook, Jonnu Smith, Smith Jr, Thomas, Hurst, Harwin, Doyle, Ebron, Njoku
Picks- 2020 1.9, 1.10, 1.11...and all of 2021 picks available

Since the draft is only at 6.7 there is obviously a lot of those players that are going to be gone by my 7.9 pick (just guessing I bolded the next 15 players/picks that I think are most likely to go) so would you wait and see what might be available at 7.9 before deciding? Or is this offer as is good enough to jump on? 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread