What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

I’m trying to pair Lamb and Reagor for a more proven commodity at WR. Few I’m looking at are MEvans, Moore, JUJU- maybe even Golladay. Do all these guys for the bill?  

OR would I be better off pairing and trying to get a RB, which I desperately need, like AJones,  Swift, Taylor, etc.

If I go after the back, I’m more inclined to add a 2021 1st and try to more a tier up if I’m hunting am RB. Mixon, Chubb territory.

any thoughts?

About a month ago (before Brady made his announcement) I traded away Slayton, Edelman, and 2.9 for Hardman and 1.11 in one of my PPR dynasty leagues. I know Slayton wasn't the only player involved, but gives you an idea of his value since most don't hold Edelman with much value at this point in his career, especially post Brady...

I’m trying to pair Lamb and Reagor for a more proven commodity at WR. Few I’m looking at are MEvans, Moore, JUJU- maybe even Golladay. Do all these guys for the bill?  

OR would I be better off pairing and trying to get a RB, which I desperately need, like AJones,  Swift, Taylor, etc.

If I go after the back, I’m more inclined to add a 2021 1st and try to more a tier up if I’m hunting am RB. Mixon, Chubb territory.

any thoughts?
Maybe you get a bite, maybe not. Seem like reasonable starting spots for a trade, but it will come down to who owns who and whether they want to deal. I’d probably go after those wrs in that order fwiw. Seems like you’re ready to make a push, so if you have a glaring hole at rb I’d focus there, although I’m not sure that’s enough to pry chubb/mixon if the owner likes them.

any thoughts?
I would give you Ju Ju for those 2 and the upside temptation would probably be enough to give you Golladay. No way Evans or Moore. I would give you AJones for them and I would not give up your pair for Swift or Taylor. I think Lamb alone is a hair's breadth from equal value. If your 2021 1st is first half, you might get Mixon - I suspect not Chubb (as owners see post-Hunt days and an absolute stud talent/situation). If your 1st is later, I wouldn't be even interested in that with your pair for that quality of RB. My 2 cents, but you are in the ballpark. I think you could offer any of those with a straight face and get serious consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help me out a bit here guys.  Either tell me I'm wrong or tell me I'm right.  Maybe I'm just over/under valuing some of these pieces.

I'm in a 10 man league that's start 1QB 3WR 3RB 2TE and 3 offensive flex's (1 superflex) plus full IDP rosters.

My team is kind of old, I won in 2018, got 3rd in 2019, now I'm trying to sell some pieces off to get younger with a 2 year plan.  I figured Julio/DJ/Ertz/Michael Thomas was a good start to look for people that want them.  News flash to me, nobody does.  I know I waited too long to sell Julio but still nobody wants him for what I'm asking.  In 10 team and we can essentially start 5 WR's, the stud is even more valuable, I would think.  

I've offered a few trades of Julio for an early 2nd this year, and a future 1.  Ertz for a mid/late 1st.  And the biggie I offered was Julio, MT, and DJ for Mahomes, Higbee, 1.05, 2.03, future 1.  I get that it's Mahomes but still.  I thought this would be an easy accept for him to possibly start 5 top5 producers.  

I'm just annoyed that these people won't accept trades or that nobody is countering at all except this one guy.  So I leave the question to the shark pool, am I asking too much for these guys?  I think I'm just frustrated with it all since the way I see it is they "should" want these players.  

Help me out a bit here guys.  Either tell me I'm wrong or tell me I'm right.  Maybe I'm just over/under valuing some of these pieces.

I'm in a 10 man league that's start 1QB 3WR 3RB 2TE and 3 offensive flex's (1 superflex) plus full IDP rosters.

My team is kind of old, I won in 2018, got 3rd in 2019, now I'm trying to sell some pieces off to get younger with a 2 year plan.  I figured Julio/DJ/Ertz/Michael Thomas was a good start to look for people that want them.  News flash to me, nobody does.  I know I waited too long to sell Julio but still nobody wants him for what I'm asking.  In 10 team and we can essentially start 5 WR's, the stud is even more valuable, I would think.  

I've offered a few trades of Julio for an early 2nd this year, and a future 1.  Ertz for a mid/late 1st.  And the biggie I offered was Julio, MT, and DJ for Mahomes, Higbee, 1.05, 2.03, future 1.  I get that it's Mahomes but still.  I thought this would be an easy accept for him to possibly start 5 top5 producers.  

I'm just annoyed that these people won't accept trades or that nobody is countering at all except this one guy.  So I leave the question to the shark pool, am I asking too much for these guys?  I think I'm just frustrated with it all since the way I see it is they "should" want these players.  
I think the issue is it is the off-season...during this time I think people really focus in on age and love the upside of some of their players who probably aren't that good...I am sure you are antsy but I would not sell low on Ertz and Julio...once the real season starts and actually winning games and titles becomes important again their value will go up...that is when to deal them...personally I like to take a run at guys like this now...you obviously want young foundation but I like having a few roster spots for the Ingrams, Brees and Edelmans of the world as they can be the difference in winning a title and if your season is not going well you can flip them to a team that is going for it.

In short, yes you're expecting too much.

Julio's age just precludes asking for two high picks.

With this year's draft and Goedert ascendant, Ertz isn't going to get a 1st.

Two old guys and MT doesn't equal the #1QB and three good picks.

:shrug:

However, I do understand the frustration of no trades. You'd think that people would at least try something. But I quit one Zealots league because of this and the two I have remaining are tending get way too. Isn't it fun to trade? I don't get the reluctance.

I think the issue is it is the off-season...during this time I think people really focus in on age and love the upside of some of their players who probably aren't that good...I am sure you are antsy but I would not sell low on Ertz and Julio...once the real season starts and actually winning games and titles becomes important again their value will go up...that is when to deal them...personally I like to take a run at guys like this now...you obviously want young foundation but I like having a few roster spots for the Ingrams, Brees and Edelmans of the world as they can be the difference in winning a title and if your season is not going well you can flip them to a team that is going for it.
Yes to everything Boston just said. I moved Ertz inseason last year for a future 1st & 2nd (ended up 1.05 & 2.05). Can't imagine getting that now.

I own Mahomes in one superflex league and have told everyone he is basically untouchable. Ironically I made the same argument about MT earlier, but we weren't talking superflex. I see your big offer above as basically a wash between MT and Mahomes (with a massive tiebreaker to Mahomes due to age), which leaves Julio and DJ for Higbee, future 1st, 1.05, 2.03. First of all nobody wants DJ. I don't know what deals people out there may have made with him since he became a Texan, but I don't think anyone is buying for more than a late 2nd. So this leaves something like Julio for an early first in a really hyped class and another first next year. Plus Higbee. If we say the 2.03 is worth David Johnson. But I think that is too much.

Note I just saw that it is also IDP - I'd still probably rank Mahomes #1 overall in a 2QB format, though, but I've never played IDP.

ETA yeah with superflex and IDP that 2.03 is much bigger than what I'm saying about DJ. I would think in this format you'd barely get an early 3rd. Maybe late 2nd but 2.03 is actually really high. So Julio for darn near three 1sts. 

You are too smart to post this man. Why are you trying to pitch that garbage trade. If you want Mahomes in a SF league, MT is a strong starting point but you need to bring more, maybe DJ is enough (debatable) but now u want 2 1sts & a 2nd for Julio? That's the part that killed your trade. IF the owner is willing to even sell Mahomes in a league like yours, then he needs top dollar for his QB. Then, instead of offering a replacement QB u ask for his options to replace a QB in the draft. You really overvalue your players while undervaluing his. It's just as frustrating, if not more, seeing trades like this in my inbox than getting no replies from my trade offers. 

In a superflex I wouldn't give Mahomes straight up for MT and either one of Julio or DJ.  Might not give him for all 3, you just can't replicate that positional advantage.  You're way off and people are probably thinking they can't counter you to reason.

I don't plan in 2qb/super-flex leagues, but from what I'm seeing he is 1.01 in rookie draft mocks.
I guess I should be more specific...where do people see him as far as current QBs...do they think he will end up a consistent top 10 QB like a healthy Luck was or more like Sam Darnold where after a few years you still really don't know what you have fantasy-wise? 

I guess I should be more specific...where do people see him as far as current QBs...do they think he will end up a consistent top 10 QB like a healthy Luck was or more like Sam Darnold where after a few years you still really don't know what you have fantasy-wise? 
I don't think he is anywhere near the prospect Andrew Luck was coming out of school. If I had the 1.01 in a superflex and people were drooling over Burrow, I would definitely be taking offers.

Echoing the others, DJ is worthless to most people, he is a roster clogger right now. Ertz might pull an early 2nd with the right buyer but people are still salivating over this class despite some of the kids that stayed in school. Julio maybe a late 1st as I doubt anyone with a top 7 pick would give it up for him.

Just in general, really hard to pull off trades for aging vets right now, not just because of the normal offseason time and a few weeks away from the draft, but also people are scared there may not be a season! If the NFL doesn't play in 2020 a guy like Julio loses a ton of value.

The guy I was trying to trade with expressed interest in DJ which is why I included him in the deal.  But yeah he's not exactly highly valued, just thought I could squeeze something there.  I knew I was being ambitious there, but didn't think it would be that far off.  I disagree that MT = Mahomes as some have mentioned. 

With our format, I don't see how Mahomes would be viewed that highly.  I guess that's the disconnect.  Unless it's actually start 2QB instead of superflex, I don't view QB's as the dominant guy.  Everyone is always QB hungry there's so much value elsewhere, but when you're in a bad QB spot people take advantage.  That's one reason I hate it.  

Zyphros said:
With our format, I don't see how Mahomes would be viewed that highly.  I guess that's the disconnect.  Unless it's actually start 2QB instead of superflex, I don't view QB's as the dominant guy.  Everyone is always QB hungry there's so much value elsewhere, but when you're in a bad QB spot people take advantage.  That's one reason I hate it. 
Unless you've nerfed your QB scoring, SF should almost always be considered a 2QB league in terms of your roster construction.

Unless you've nerfed your QB scoring, SF should almost always be considered a 2QB league in terms of your roster construction.
Also in terms of QB scarcity and market value. Hindery has Mahomes at 60 MT at 50. DTC has 67 and 60. Mahomes market will presumably still get you a giant return 5 years from now. I've been talking about how untouchable MT is but in SF I def give the edge to Mahomes.

I don't think he is anywhere near the prospect Andrew Luck was coming out of school. If I had the 1.01 in a superflex and people were drooling over Burrow, I would definitely be taking offers.
I'm more in the former camp. I view him as an elite prospect and would be drooling if I had the 1.01.

As for Darnold, I know everyone likes to make excuses for him (Jets, Gase eyc), but I think we know what he is for reality and fantasy. Very mediocre. I think a lot of people still can't let go of the hyped prospect that Darnold was vs what he actually is. 

I'm more in the former camp. I view him as an elite prospect and would be drooling if I had the 1.01.

As for Darnold, I know everyone likes to make excuses for him (Jets, Gase eyc), but I think we know what he is for reality and fantasy. Very mediocre. I think a lot of people still can't let go of the hyped prospect that Darnold was vs what he actually is. 
I still think Darnold has a chance to be pretty good. It seems like he's been around a while but is actually 6 months younger than Burrow. 

I think his career likely resembles Matt Stafford, Philip Rivers type. Good, solid QB with a few top 10 seasons. Probably somewhere around the Jared Goff range. 

14 team start 1 QB league 

Is Wentz worth a projected late 1st round 2021 pick and a late 2nd round 2020 pick?
Yeah 14 team league makes qb harder to come by but not that hard. A 2021 1st alone should get him or several other similar qbs if you’re so inclined. Where is the 2020 pick? That is this year, so it should have a value attached to it. If “late” is like 2.10 then it probably changes how I feel about the value of that 2021 1st as well. 

I think if you do make that offer you get a deal done, and “overpaying” by a 2nd isnt terrible to get the guy you want. 

How are people viewing Joe Burrow in 2 QB/Super-flex leagues?

He's pretty close to Luck.

Put me down for a Tony Romo floor and Aaron Rodgers ceiling. His accuracy combined with the ability to extend plays while keeping his eyes down field is amazing. The thing that will cap him is playing for the Bengals.

He's pretty close to Luck.

Put me down for a Tony Romo floor and Aaron Rodgers ceiling. His accuracy combined with the ability to extend plays while keeping his eyes down field is amazing. The thing that will cap him is playing for the Bengals.
I don't dislike Burrow as a prospect at all. I just don't think he is a surefire elite prospect. I hope he succeeds as he seems like a great kid. I am also concerned about the Bengals limiting his full potential. 

with Nuk now in Arizona, curious as to what kind of value guys are putting on Kirk in a PPR dynasty. In one league I was offered Kirk and 2.6 for 1.10 and 2.10. But as deep as this class is, especially at WR, would you rather have the 1.10 or Kirk? (the 2.6 bump from 2.10 is pretty small and irrelevant I think) 

with Nuk now in Arizona, curious as to what kind of value guys are putting on Kirk in a PPR dynasty. In one league I was offered Kirk and 2.6 for 1.10 and 2.10. But as deep as this class is, especially at WR, would you rather have the 1.10 or Kirk? (the 2.6 bump from 2.10 is pretty small and irrelevant I think) 
1.10 easily even before Hopkins was traded there.

Like Slayton, I wish I knew what to think of N'Keal Harry. 
I empathize. I inherited him as WR 4/5 on a dynasty Zealots squad, like you play. It's PPR, though. I think, regarding the Slayton/Harry comparison, you have more of idea with a guy who at least flashed in the pros for a few big games than a guy that had trouble separating in college. Harry was hurt last year, but the Patriots were playing games with IR all year, so who knows even what that story entails. With Harry you have absolutely no idea where he stands other than his first-round draft capital.

I empathize. I inherited him as WR 4/5 on a dynasty Zealots squad, like you play. It's PPR, though. I think, regarding the Slayton/Harry comparison, you have more of idea with a guy who at least flashed in the pros for a few big games than a guy that had trouble separating in college. Harry was hurt last year, but the Patriots were playing games with IR all year, so who knows even what that story entails. With Harry you have absolutely no idea where he stands other than his first-round draft capital.
Even though I made the comparison, they're not gong to win in the same way. A lot of the separation Slayton gets is simply because he's just that much faster - he was a state champion sprinter in the 100 & 200. And that's a good thing. But sometimes guys like that have capped value because they can only have years like he did last year - middling games followed by explosions.

Harry OTOH is going to win with positioning skills - contested catches, back shoulder throws, etc. Which I believe he can do but I'm not sure the Patriots put him in that role. My reluctance is more with the Pats than the player, I think.

Even though I made the comparison, they're not gong to win in the same way. A lot of the separation Slayton gets is simply because he's just that much faster - he was a state champion sprinter in the 100 & 200. And that's a good thing. But sometimes guys like that have capped value because they can only have years like he did last year - middling games followed by explosions.

Harry OTOH is going to win with positioning skills - contested catches, back shoulder throws, etc. Which I believe he can do but I'm not sure the Patriots put him in that role. My reluctance is more with the Pats than the player, I think.
As for the first part, yes. I guess I should say that I happen to love speed guys who can run a reasonable route. Tyreek Hill and the like. I was enchanted with Will Fuller this past year, and it cost me in fantasy in two leagues, but in two tight leagues where positioning basically makes it a total point league, he contributed mightily. So that's a guy and a trait across four teams where your "capped value" was as described, only the fifty point explosion he had one game helped two leagues secure a playoff spot, best to my knowledge. He did, however, cost me by starting him in two head-to-head leagues, so I take your point. Variance comes into play with a lot of speedsters. Think Jackson, DeSean.   

As for the bolded, sure. Especially with Brady gone. Who is going to have the maturity to throw to positions on the field and areas rather than throw to an open player? You've got Stidham or a FA. If Winston went to the Pats, that would be the best fantasy situation for Harry. To wit: Evans, Godwin, and Perriman last year. But no QB is the uncertainty of having Harry on your roster as an asset, such as your lament states.

As for the bolded, sure. Especially with Brady gone. Who is going to have the maturity to throw to positions on the field and areas rather than throw to an open player? You've got Stidham or a FA. If Winston went to the Pats, that would be the best fantasy situation for Harry. To wit: Evans, Godwin, and Perriman last year. But no QB is the uncertainty of having Harry on your roster as an asset, such as your lament states.
I actually think Brady being gone helps Harry.  I think Brady is the opposite of what you are saying here.  His arm talent has degenerated significantly and he's not very accurate anymore.  But his brain and his vision hasn't declined at all.  He excels at finding the open receiver, not at throwing guys open.  That's why they've surrounded him with so many of these little quick guys that excel at getting open, but are mostly useless when they haven't created separation.  That's what fits Brady right now.  Using his exception field vision to find the guy that's so open that he doesn't have to make a pinpoint accurate throw.  The other way that hurts Harry is that unlike other QBs Brady doesn't HAVE to throw it to a guy that's covered because he is so good at moving on to the next option and finding someone that is more open.

Harry is the opposite of that.  He needs someone that is unable to see all 5 receivers on a play and find the right one, and who is more willing to say "eh, I can make this work" when looking at Harry draped in coverage but with a leverage advantage.

I think most people are going to take the pick there, but for me it’s one of the things where I wouldn’t make that trade unless it was on draft day and I knew exactly who I was going to be picking at the 1.10. Essentially, I value Kirk more in a vacuum than the 1.10. But I would make that move if someone I liked fell to that spot and at the draft. I liked Kirk a lot coming out, and still do. But this is a very important year for him. If he stays on the field and can avoid the fluky injuries I think he’s a top 20 wr this year. 

I actually think Brady being gone helps Harry.  I think Brady is the opposite of what you are saying here.  His arm talent has degenerated significantly and he's not very accurate anymore.  But his brain and his vision hasn't declined at all.  He excels at finding the open receiver, not at throwing guys open.  That's why they've surrounded him with so many of these little quick guys that excel at getting open, but are mostly useless when they haven't created separation.  That's what fits Brady right now.  Using his exception field vision to find the guy that's so open that he doesn't have to make a pinpoint accurate throw.  The other way that hurts Harry is that unlike other QBs Brady doesn't HAVE to throw it to a guy that's covered because he is so good at moving on to the next option and finding someone that is more open.

Harry is the opposite of that.  He needs someone that is unable to see all 5 receivers on a play and find the right one, and who is more willing to say "eh, I can make this work" when looking at Harry draped in coverage but with a leverage advantage.
I don't think Brady degenerated as much as you say but I think you make a really good football point in your latter assertion. Instead of somebody reading progressions and rapidly moving on, if Harry is locked on to as the first read, which is where Stidham might be in his own development, then Harry gets the ball if it's thrown at all.

I think most people are going to take the pick there, but for me it’s one of the things where I wouldn’t make that trade unless it was on draft day and I knew exactly who I was going to be picking at the 1.10. Essentially, I value Kirk more in a vacuum than the 1.10. But I would make that move if someone I liked fell to that spot and at the draft. I liked Kirk a lot coming out, and still do. But this is a very important year for him. If he stays on the field and can avoid the fluky injuries I think he’s a top 20 wr this year. 
I would take 1.10 over Kirk pretty easily myself.  It seems like Kirk's upside is pretty capped now with Nuk in town for the foreseeable future, and that's on top of the injury concerns and his projected breakout actually happening on top of that.  Meanwhile at 1.10 you'll probably be looking at a guy drafted to be his team's #1 going forward, very possibly on a good team with a good young QB like Philly.

It's certainly possible that a guy can be a strong fantasy asset as his team's WR2 but it generally takes a pretty top end offense for that to happen and I think people are jumping ahead on assuming that has already happened in Arizona (see: Cleveland last year).

I think 1.10 will get you a guy with similar downside risk to Kirk but far more upside at this point.  I can certainly see the argument for Kirk as well so I realize it's a matter of preference though.

I will also add that Brady is not a good QB with young WRs...he has zero patience with their development and I really believe this intimidates them...Brady leaving is a plus for Harry...he could be a nice buy-low right now...he is on equal footing with Stidham and I bet he plays with far more confidence this year (remember he was hurt for a good portion of the year as well).

In a superflex I wouldn't give Mahomes straight up for MT and either one of Julio or DJ.  Might not give him for all 3, you just can't replicate that positional advantage.  You're way off and people are probably thinking they can't counter you to reason.
:goodposting:

I play in a 10 team SF league, and Mahomes is by far and away the #1 asset. I don't know if all SF leagues are like mine, but QBs are gold in my league. Everyone must roster at least 1 K and 1 DST at all times, and we have 22 man rosters, so we have 200 roster spots for QB, RB, WR, and TE. We currently have 50 QBs rostered, including Bortles, McCoy, Kizer, Grier, and McCarron. If I owned Mahomes in that league and got the offer mentioned by @Zyphros, not only wouldn't I counter, I would consider it one of the worst offers I've ever received. I wouldn't take that offer even if the only thing I was giving up was Mahomes. Sorry, but that is a crazy offer to make, much less to post in here to complain about it not being taken seriously.

What’s the draft pick value that you’d like to get if you give up Hunter Henry?  14 team 0.5 PPR dynasty league.  

Most years I would want a late first because I don’t like the miss rate in the second.  With the deep class this year, what would you expect for HH?

:goodposting:

I play in a 10 team SF league, and Mahomes is by far and away the #1 asset. I don't know if all SF leagues are like mine, but QBs are gold in my league. Everyone must roster at least 1 K and 1 DST at all times, and we have 22 man rosters, so we have 200 roster spots for QB, RB, WR, and TE. We currently have 50 QBs rostered, including Bortles, McCoy, Kizer, Grier, and McCarron. If I owned Mahomes in that league and got the offer mentioned by @Zyphros, not only wouldn't I counter, I would consider it one of the worst offers I've ever received. I wouldn't take that offer even if the only thing I was giving up was Mahomes. Sorry, but that is a crazy offer to make, much less to post in here to complain about it not being taken seriously.
I assume you're not the only one who thinks they need to belittle someone because of a question since others have done it.  I just ask you not be a condescending ##### when you do.  Others have shared their opinions in a respectful way that I know I was under/over valuing players in the deal.  And the conversation is basically over, yet you feel the need to continue?  I know everything there is to know about you now.  

I'll think twice before posting anymore because of people like you.  

What’s the draft pick value that you’d like to get if you give up Hunter Henry?  14 team 0.5 PPR dynasty league.  

Most years I would want a late first because I don’t like the miss rate in the second.  With the deep class this year, what would you expect for HH?
It seems there’s a top 7 (Taylor/swift/Ceedee/Jeudy/Dobbins/CEH/Akers), then the pick ‘em that begins at 1.08 and is relatively flat for some time. I could see HH going for anywhere between 1.08-1.12 where it’s all similar

Most years he had more value as a dynasty asset. Maybe someone has a big hole there and pony’s up, but I doubt a lot of people will be eager to ship off a 1st for him. Last year, nearing most leagues ffl trade deadlines, when he put up some good totals when he started playing, was the time to get a 1st. I would hope to get something around the 1/2 turn, but really need to find a needy team and see what they might be able to offer. 

I assume you're not the only one who thinks they need to belittle someone because of a question since others have done it.  I just ask you not be a condescending ##### when you do.  Others have shared their opinions in a respectful way that I know I was under/over valuing players in the deal.  And the conversation is basically over, yet you feel the need to continue?  I know everything there is to know about you now.  

I didn't belittle you, and I was not disrespectful. I said your offer was terrible and it was crazy for you to post about it as if it wasn't. :shrug:  

Don't let one thing get you down. I read your stuff, and even if I really disagree with it sometimes, it clarifies my own thoughts. It's a net good for both the board because of the work you put in and for me because of the aforementioned. I assume you must get something out of it, too. A stray comment shouldn't beat you up too much. 

Don't let one thing get you down. I read your stuff, and even if I really disagree with it sometimes, it clarifies my own thoughts. It's a net good for both the board because of the work you put in and for me because of the aforementioned. I assume you must get something out of it, too. A stray comment shouldn't beat you up too much. 
Can't we all have a virtual hug?

It wasn't my intent to offend @Zyphros. Apologize for not wording my reply better to avoid that.

Users who are viewing this thread