What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

MTskibum said:
Top Linebacker scored 360 points, LB 29 scored 212 points, LB 42 scored 180 points.
This really doesn't have much meaning since the key player is a DE and you don't list how that compares to offensive scoring.  If the top DE are scoring 200 pts then they are undervalued and not very important.  If the top offensive players are scoring 500 pts then LB's are somewhat of an afterthought as well.

Context would be helpful but regardless it seems like a good trade for Bosa (an injury prone DE) as the other guy should be getting a somewhat premium player at 1.14 as well as what should be startable players at 2.14 and 3.09.  Thompson may be just bench depth though so maybe improve that player aspect a bit.  

MTskibum said:
Top DE's usually are chosen mid to late 2nd. My dad has Nick Bosa as well because he could not pass him up at 2.06. I figured Joey was a couple years older and would be worth less than that. 

But yes, my offer is probably light.
Based on all this, I’d say Golladay is probably worth more than the 1.14, Bosa worth more than the 2.14, and Shaq probably close to making up for that. I’d probably drop the late picks he’s adding or toss another pick in. Or upgrade Shaq somewhat. 

Zeke. Everyone seems down on him. Yes, his numbers have trended down. Yes, he is at the end of prime RB age. Still, he should have 2-3 elite years left. I don't understand why he's going for pennies. I'd be trying to acquire him and Julio if their owners are giving them away. They can both still move the needle in a big way. 

Zeke. Everyone seems down on him. Yes, his numbers have trended down. Yes, he is at the end of prime RB age. Still, he should have 2-3 elite years left. I don't understand why he's going for pennies. I'd be trying to acquire him and Julio if their owners are giving them away. They can both still move the needle in a big way. 
I think Zeke has 2 years of mid-RB1 left and then it's off a freaking cliff with an anvil parachute. He's locked into Dallas until the end of 2022 after which they will drop that contract so fast it'll catch fire. At that point he'll be 28 to start the 2023 season with close to 2k carries and probably still looking for a big contract. His time as the focal point for an offense will be over; he'll be a veteran presence and role player with some serviceable RB2/RB3 usage if the wheels haven't completely fallen off physically.

I'd love to have him as a contender this year or next... but seems to me owners think he is going to be elite for 2-3 more years and slowly regress to RB2. That's a big value disconnect from his entirely possible zero floor outcome in 2023 

I think Zeke has 2 years of mid-RB1 left and then it's off a freaking cliff with an anvil parachute. He's locked into Dallas until the end of 2022 after which they will drop that contract so fast it'll catch fire. At that point he'll be 28 to start the 2023 season with close to 2k carries and probably still looking for a big contract. His time as the focal point for an offense will be over; he'll be a veteran presence and role player with some serviceable RB2/RB3 usage if the wheels haven't completely fallen off physically.

I'd love to have him as a contender this year or next... but seems to me owners think he is going to be elite for 2-3 more years and slowly regress to RB2. That's a big value disconnect from his entirely possible zero floor outcome in 2023 
Would you want him or Javonte Williams?

I think his value is too much up in the air right now. It seems inevitable that the Falcons are trading him, so I wouldn't want to sell or buy him until I see what team he is on.
It may be too late by then.  Sometimes you just have to gamble to have the chance to maximize your return, or minimize it.  That's why it's called gambling.  However, with JJ it's a big gamble because of his age.  If he lands in a horrible spot with a bad offense and bad QB, his value will fall no matter how good JJ still is.

I can't see a scenario where his landing spot will be better than it is with ATL.  I'd try very hard to move him right now. 
Jaguars, Jets, Broncos, Bengals, Lions, Browns, Chargers, and 49ers seem to be mentioned as the teams with enough available cap space to acquire Julio. There are some teams on that list that would offer at least the same opportunity as ATL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaguars, Jets, Broncos, Bengals, Lions, Browns, Chargers, and 49ers seem to be mentioned as the teams with enough available cap space to acquire Julio. There are some teams on that list that would offer at least the same opportunity as ATL.
I can't see the Chargers doing it. They already have two $15M WRs this year - Allen and Mike Williams. They also need defensive help (IDL, secondary).

What's Julio's value right now? Can't decide what I want to do with him or what to trade him for?
I took over an orphan with Julio and Chark and was crafting trade proposal ideas. A site I looked at to get a sense of where they would be in relation to each other has them reversed depending on 1QB or Superflex format. Chark is higher ranked/drafted in 1QB, Jones higher ranked/drafted in Superflex (fairly substantially). Colour me confused but I don't see why there would be a difference based on format.

Regardless, I think Jones' value is based more on the status of the team - his potential production value is higher to contenders. I think his value is at an ebb right now, maybe a trade will spike it some with a favourable landing spot. But I think it will pick up in-season once he has a good game or two. If you can find that in-season value now, then it makes sense to take that opportunity. otherwise it will be selling at the low point, imo.

@Adso since we seem to have dissenting opinions on Zeke's value, durability and ability to play as RB1 for 2-3 years, then RB2 for 2-3 years.  What do you think about an offer I've received.

Get: Ezekiel Elliott, Brandon Aiyuk or Jaelen Reagor (pick either of the WRs)

Give: 1.07, 1.12, Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake

Please anyone weigh in.  I think it's a great trade for me to make, as I already have Antonio Gibson, CMC and still the first pick in the upcoming rookie draft (Najee Harris).  Curious what everyone's take is.  The owner will have 3rd pick, 7th pick and 12th pick.

@Adso since we seem to have dissenting opinions on Zeke's value, durability and ability to play as RB1 for 2-3 years, then RB2 for 2-3 years.  What do you think about an offer I've received.

Please anyone weigh in.  I think it's a great trade for me to make, as I already have Antonio Gibson, CMC and still the first pick in the upcoming rookie draft (Najee Harris).  Curious what everyone's take is.  The owner will have 3rd pick, 7th pick and 12th pick.
I’d go Zeke and Aiyuk. Gordon is an unknown after this year. Who knows what Drake’s real value is? Either way it’s not projected to be high - RB3 range.

The 1.7 is a solid piece. Maybe Smith or Waddle? Think I’d prefer Aiyuk over either.  The 1.12 helps but I’d still land on the Zeke/Aiyuk side.

Ran it thru a couple trade calculators with both favoring the Zeke/Aiyuk side by a healthy amount.

I would do that in a heartbeat. Your RBs will be unstoppable and you’re getting one of the better WRs (Aiyuk) to come out in the past 3 rookie drafts. Don’t hesitate to accept

I'm a fan in a vacuum (taking Aiyuk), and if your team is a contender (assuming so with those starting RB's), it's even more in your favor. Since it was offered... maybe counter? I think Gordon/Drake are serviceable depth this year but moving towards roster clogger status so leave them in and perhaps ask for a future second or another depth/handcuff piece in return? Really anything you can get would be gravy.

I'd only consider not doing it if I was in an obvious rebuild and about to sell CMC for bank.

With your RB's why Najee over Chase at 1.01?

Get Zeke,

Give your 1.1 for his 1.3 since you have RB depth, extract more value

Aiyuk and Zeke is a great deal for you.  I also don't agree with the suggestion to extract more.  You like the offer,  and that trades a clear win for  you assuming you're a contender team. No need to try to rip off your league mates.  It can sour owners when they can tell you're just trying to fleece them. 

Aiyuk and Zeke is a great deal for you.  I also don't agree with the suggestion to extract more.  You like the offer,  and that trades a clear win for  you assuming you're a contender team. No need to try to rip off your league mates.  It can sour owners when they can tell you're just trying to fleece them. 
I don’t think the point was to fleece the other guy. It’s a good idea. He doesn’t need Harris so trading the 1.01 for the 1.03+ is a good move.

Fantasy Scouts 24/7 

@FFBallAllDay

I spend way more time watching and listening to OTA’s reports. So far a few players who have looked really good

• Mac Jones
  • Drew Lock
  • Jordan Love
  • Davis Mills
  • Nico Collins
  • Dyami Brown
  • Amari Rodgers
I haven’t hit all 32 teams yet. It takes a lot of time, so be patient please

Rank these WR's:

Gallup, Waddle, Claypool, Sutton, Jeudy, Chark, Bateman

I have clear favorites of this group, but I've seen some wildly high on the others. Curious what everyone else thinks. 

Zeke, Aiyuk

Rank these WR's:

I have clear favorites of this group, but I've seen some wildly high on the others. Curious what everyone else thinks. 
For me:

Jeudy (WR1/2 upside)

---tier break---

Sutton/Chark (WR2 upside)

---tier break---

Claypool/Waddle/Bateman (WR2/3 upside)

---tier break---

Gallup (WR3 upside)

Rank these WR's:

Claypool - showed so much last year; feels like he could be top tier soon

Waddle - love his talent, landing spot a little blah, but I think he’ll shine

Chark - I’ll buy into him - new offense should be fun and someone is going to be a stud there 

Sutton/Jeudy - would move up with Rodgers. Hard to really know who the alpha is just yet

Bateman - just can’t get past his landing spot

Gallup - the only spot I’m really sure of - doesn’t seem like he belongs on this list

Rank these WR's:

Jeudy

Claypool

Sutton

Waddle

Chark

Gallup

Bateman

Rank these WR's:

For me it is Waddle, Claypool, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Chark, Gallup.

Rank these WR's:

I have it,   Sutton, Chark, Claypool, Waddle , Bateman, Jeudy, Gallup.   

People seeing Pitts traded at all post rookie drafts. Would Pitts owners move him for Kelce or Kittle Straight up?
I moved one share of him after having drafted him but it was still during the draft. I took him at 1.07 in the SF FFPC rookie draft and then moved him, along with the 3.08 and a 2022 3rd, for Andrews, a 2022 1st, and 2.12 OTC where I took Hubbard to cuff my CMC. I also have Waller on that team. 

No I wouldn't move him for Kittle. Kelce is something I'd have to really think about.

Rank these WR's:

Claypool
Chark/Waddle/Jeudy
Sutton
Bateman/Gallup

Rank these WR's:

Put my 2 cents in

1. Waddle. I think he has the most upside
  2. juedy. I think less talent than Waddle coming out
  3. Sutton. How will injury affect
  4. Bateman. He would be higher if not in Baltimore
  5. Claypool.  His numbers really decreased as season went along and league caught up. #3 WR on team right now.
  6. Chark. An okay talent overall
  7. Gallup. Will be nothing better than #2 WR in career

Zyphros said:
Rank these WR's:

Have not looked at other responses yet, so I might duplicate somebody else's perspective:

WR1 = Jeudy (get him a good QB and he will thrive)

WR2 = Sutton & Chark - both offer good value and skill at routes / good hands

WR2-3 = Waddle & Claypool - both have questions, issues, but offer high ceilings

WR4 = Gallup & Bateman - NYG & Balt offenses are not focused on Passing schemes or WR skill (too few touches)

Zyphros said:
Rank these WR's:

Claypool, Sutton, Jeudy, Chark, Waddle, Gallup, Bateman maybe? 

1. Jeudy, but purely on speculative potential - he's a prospect I'd be willing to gamble on, and take my lumps if I was wrong. Ceiling, IMHO, is pure #1 Alpha. Due to QB play, we're not seeing a clear picture of what he's capable of.

2. Sutton, as I respect the body of work, and believe in modern sports medicine. The Sutton will rise again! Shown he can be an Alpha, so the benchmark has been established. With strong QB play, Sutton/Jeudy could vie with any tandem in the League. Throw Hamler and Patrick into a 4-wide mix, and how do you defend that?

3. Bateman, I'm a 'talent trumps opportunity every time' (see Jeudy and Sutton above). Buy low and hold. Alpha potential with the right QB/system.

4. Chark, more of the same - body of work, situation can only improve. I don't think pure Alpha, but 1B ceiling is very fair.

5. Claypool, fade may be due to hitting 'Rookie Wall', can't deny production, but same production may be due to overall strength of supporting cast. My jury is very out on him at this time. Not sure he's the type who can 'create his own shot' with less support around him.

6. Waddle, on potential, because that's all we have to work with at this time, but not every 5'10" 182 guy is Tyreek Hill, and I'd have to see a lot of + to move him past 1-4

7. Gallup, body of work, but lower ceiling than Chark, pure #2, at best, but that has value in and of itself, in the right system, and he's in that system as of now. Could have a better career than Claypool and Waddle, but that will depend more on them, than him. Will always be cheap. If something happens to either Cooper/Lamb in 2021, LTFO. Do you have the Roster space (20+) to hold and see?

Zyphros said:
Rank these WR's:

Additionally where would Dionate Johnson and JUJU fit within this list.

Sutton, D. Johnson

Jeudy, JuJu, Claypool

Chark, Waddle

Bateman, Gallup

What does everyone think about those other two Pitts. WRs

Additionally where would Dionate Johnson and JUJU fit within this list.

Sutton, D. Johnson

Jeudy, JuJu, Claypool

Chark, Waddle

Bateman, Gallup

What does everyone think about those other two Pitts. WRs
Jeudy, Claypool

Sutton, Waddle

DJ, JuJu, Chark

Bateman

Gallup

I appreciate it! I've seen his value all over the place with the different places I ask this question. I've heard from a third to "don't trade him, he could blow up."
I'd trade you a second. If you're looking for more data points, his DLF value is around a 220. A next-year first rounder goes for about 253, so you're looking at early to mid-second value. He should pull more than jabarony's third, though that's jabarony's personal preference. Just, if you shop around, you might get something equivalent to that. To put it in perspective, Henry Ruggs is going for around 120 or so, right there with Denzel Mims. Aiyuk is at 400, Higgins around 370, etc., etc.

Shenault carries some cachet with him. KeepTradeCut has him at about the 2.01 spot.

YMMV. Calcs are just that -- they're calcs.

I'd give you a late second for him, probably no more, but I'm scared of Urban Meyer's plans for him while others seem to go gently into that good night. I say rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I appreciate it! I've seen his value all over the place with the different places I ask this question. I've heard from a third to "don't trade him, he could blow up."
I'd trade you a second. If you're looking for more data points, his DLF value is around a 220. A next-year first rounder goes for about 253, so you're looking at early to mid-second value. He should pull more than jabarony's third, though that's jabarony's personal preference. Just, if you shop around, you might get something equivalent to that. To put it in perspective, Henry Ruggs is going for around 120 or so, right there with Denzel Mims. Aiyuk is at 400, Higgins around 370, etc., etc.

Shenault carries some cachet with him. KeepTradeCut has him at about the 2.01 spot.

YMMV. Calcs are just that -- they're calcs.

I'd give you a late second for him, probably no more, but I'm scared of Urban Meyer's plans for him while others seem to go gently into that good night. I say rage, rage against the dying of the light.
I think I'd also be willing to give a 3rd, for one more data point.  IF it wasn't a new regime in charge, and IF they hadn't taken Etienne and given at least surface-level indications they want him to be the Swiss army knife that could replace what Shenault should be I'd go 2nd.  But those two items both concern me, though I do love him as a player.

But those two items both concern me, though I do love him as a player.
I agree, which is why a late second is what I'd part with. I threw that in at the end but I should have more definitive. I also get really cold feet about Meyer, Etienne, and their use for him. Some people are sanguine about his role in the new offense, though, so...you might fetch a pretty market penny with him, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread