What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

Dr. Octopus said:
It will be hard just to get a first for CEH at this point - you were basically asking for two. I guess one could argue Sermon's value has dropped a little but probably not for the people that just drafted him.
Refuse to take less than a late 1st and a back that is currently an afterthought on his team.

What's the right "buy low" point on CEH?  Or should he just be avoided all together at this point?
I’ve not been impressed with him at all since he came into the league. The most I would give at this point is likely a late 2nd, and that’s just because (as of how) he’s still the starter on a Top-2 offense. He looks so replaceable, and I think he will be by next year. 

What's the right "buy low" point on CEH?  Or should he just be avoided all together at this point?
if you believe in him, now is a good time to buy low since he just faced 2 of the toughest defensive fronts while 5 new offensive lineman debuted including 2 rookies.

if you don't, then yeah maybe avoid.

if you believe in him, now is a good time to buy low since he just faced 2 of the toughest defensive fronts while 5 new offensive lineman debuted including 2 rookies.

if you don't, then yeah maybe avoid.
Yeah.  It's tough to figure.  He's in one of the best offenses in the league with a coach that has historically utilized the RB a lot int he passing game.  

I don't think he's an elite talent at RB.  But I also don't think he's this bad.  I think like you said, he's seen some tough matchups.  

But he's a few more bad games away from being a sunk ship, and it's tough to give much in a buy low package at this point.

I posted this late November last year about CEH:

Since his 26 carry game against Buffalo he's had carries of 8, 6, 5, 14, and 11 and catches of 1, 3, 3, 1, and 1. This is not a random event. 

I think people get in trouble when they look at cumulative stats. 

It's been a tale of two seasons for CEH. There's a clear dividing line between weeks 6 & 7.
The trend has continued.

It seems pretty clear that they are going to limit him to 15 carries maximum if at all possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't find the horrible trade offer thread, so I'll put this here.

12 team Non-ppr Zealots league, start 1 QB. My QBs have been decimated by injury  (Wentz,Tua, Fitzmagic) and I'm worried about continuing to rely on Teddy B.

So, I approached another owner about moving one of Herbert, Cousins and Z Wilson. His response, Miles Sanders and my 2022 1st for Z Wilson. I guess, I roll with Teddy.

At this point, I want to move on from ARob, CMC, AJ Brown & CEH. They are all on 1 dynasty PPR roster.

ANyone see any trades for them lately?

12 team Non-ppr Zealots league, start 1 QB. My QBs have been decimated by injury  (Wentz,Tua, Fitzmagic) and I'm worried about continuing to rely on Teddy B.

So, I approached another owner about moving one of Herbert, Cousins and Z Wilson. His response, Miles Sanders and my 2022 1st for Z Wilson. I guess, I roll with Teddy.
Zealots is getting to be too frustrating to participate in. 

CEH vs Montgomery?

I'm going to try to package one for Taylor, honestly having a hard time figuring out which one I like less.  Chicago looks like a train wreck.  CEH had a huge game, but is a fumble away from disappearing all together.  

CEH vs Montgomery?

I'm going to try to package one for Taylor, honestly having a hard time figuring out which one I like less.  Chicago looks like a train wreck.  CEH had a huge game, but is a fumble away from disappearing all together.  
Pass on Montgomery

The RB position in the NFL is almost a complete catastrophe for FFB players. 
Between the injuries, 3 player committees, and pass rate over expectation numbers, the RB position has become less reliable than ever before. Early returns probably show an advantage to those who went WR heavy.

CEH vs Montgomery?

I don't think he is. He fumbled in Week 2 and was back out there with his usual workload in Week 3. He fumbled again this week and didn't disappear in the game. I think Reid isn't as punitive as other Coaches about RB's fumbles. 

Price check on Justin Jefferson? New SF PPR league, current team is in a win now window and 3-0, have received an offer where I'd get Kupp, Mitchell and a 2nd, I'm tempted but need a sanity check

Yes, it can be frustrating. I rejected his Sanders/2022 1st for Z Wilson offer and countered with Sanders and a 1st for Herbert. He said I wasn't even close.
I get that stuff a lot too. I was trying to get a QB this offseason/the last two games. Ended up getting Teddy for a 3rd. Best I could to. :shrug:

Guys overvalue QBs in the 1QB zealots format and rot on benches all the time. It's just dumb...and not very fun.

Price check on Justin Jefferson? New SF PPR league, current team is in a win now window and 3-0, have received an offer where I'd get Kupp, Mitchell and a 2nd, I'm tempted but need a sanity check
I wouldn't make that deal. Kupp is 28 and Jefferson is 22. Mitchell I assume is the 49ers RB, so I don't think he will have much/any long term value. The 2nd isn't enough for me to make up for the age gap.

Yes, the Niners RB. I'm not enamored with him so am leaning reject, Kupp does seem like the sort of WR that will stay relevant for longer than most. First time playing dynasty so still getting a hang of weighing future values

Holy crap that's greedy.  

I've had a few leagues where I've run into QB troubles and people always seem to inflate their value when you're needy.  You'd think he'd be happy to move Cousins for some sort of value.  Can't start he and Herbert. 

Yes, the Niners RB. I'm not enamored with him so am leaning reject, Kupp does seem like the sort of WR that will stay relevant for longer than most. First time playing dynasty so still getting a hang of weighing future values
I’m the biggest Kupp fan you’ll find (drafted him in my dynasty league and have a bit of a man crush). But I think I’d hang on to Jefferson here. 

But, it’s closer for me than most people. I wouldn’t fault you for doing it. Kupp’s value has gone up a fair amount with Stafford, and it should stay steady for a few years.

Holy crap that's greedy.  

I've had a few leagues where I've run into QB troubles and people always seem to inflate their value when you're needy.  You'd think he'd be happy to move Cousins for some sort of value.  Can't start he and Herbert. 
He has now declared Herbert as his starter going forward. What do you think is a reasonable offer for Cousins? There might be no chance he accepts it, but what in your opinion would be a fair offer in a start 1QB dynasty? I was thinking a 2022 3rd?

He has now declared Herbert as his starter going forward. What do you think is a reasonable offer for Cousins? There might be no chance he accepts it, but what in your opinion would be a fair offer in a start 1QB dynasty? I was thinking a 2022 3rd?
Don't hurt to try.  

A 2nd might be more likely to get it done and honestly if you're hard up for a QB it's not the worst price.  Sounds like this is the kind of dude that's going to act indignant and insulted that you offered him something reasonable.

You might ask around.  If you're trying to win now, Cousins is a fine option.  If you're kind of in between and thinking long haul--it's possible the Fields owner is feeling a little uneasy after week 3.

I received an offer of their Kelce, Aaron Jones & Scary Terry for my Zeke, Sutton, AJ Brown & Goedert in dynasty PPR. I rejected it as I thought adding Sutton was too much. We start 2 RB, 3 WR & 2 flex so I can start Sutton & AJB at same time.

Should I have taken it? I'm in win now mode.

For me it breaks down to:

Jones > Zeke (Althought there is an argument for a wash here or Zeke > Jones as well IMO)
AJB AND Sutton > Terry
Kelce > Goedert

I received an offer of their Kelce, Aaron Jones & Scary Terry for my Zeke, Sutton, AJ Brown & Goedert in dynasty PPR. I rejected it as I thought adding Sutton was too much. We start 2 RB, 3 WR & 2 flex so I can start Sutton & AJB at same time.

Should I have taken it? I'm in win now mode.

For me it breaks down to:

Jones > Zeke (Althought there is an argument for a wash here or Zeke > Jones as well IMO)
AJB AND Sutton > Terry
Kelce > Goedert
I would have jumped on it. I just think the players you’re getting would all be at their peaks, while the main guys you’re giving up (Zeke and AJB) are declining in value and will continue to do so. 

I would have jumped on it. I just think the players you’re getting would all be at their peaks, while the main guys you’re giving up (Zeke and AJB) are declining in value and will continue to do so. 
Kelce is about to decline. Age. ;)

Sutton AND AJB together are better in my lineup than just Terry IMO. I did send a counter that removed Sutton & added a 3rd from me. If they say no, and do not counter, I might resend the original offer they sent me. Not sure.

Between the injuries, 3 player committees, and pass rate over expectation numbers, the RB position has become less reliable than ever before. Early returns probably show an advantage to those who went WR heavy.

Currently after 3 weeks...

1 of the top 8 scoring WRs were drafted in the first 3 rounds of startup drafts
7 of the top 8 scoring RBs were drafted in the first 3 rounds of startup drafts

Almost all of the WRs that are blowing up right now are the kind of guys you would've been drafting in the 4th-5th rounds if you went RB early.  I won't make you look at the list of RBs you'd have been drafting in that same spot (🤢🤢🤢) if you went WR early.

Price check on Mike Gesicki…

Been watching him for a little while and seems that he’s starting to really show as a consistent option especially for TE premium leagues. 

Been watching him for a little while and seems that he’s starting to really show as a consistent option especially for TE premium leagues. 
I’ll never own him, so $0. Others value him more than zero, they can have him

What do we think Mixon's value is in a non superflex 0.5ppr ?

I'm a contender this year but feeling a little light at RB behind Elliot/Kamara/Jamaal Williams as Gus has been IR'd and Gaskin is currently flaming out. My other '20 dart throws for depth Evans/Kelley/McFarland are also producing nothing at all.

I've got a '22 1st rounder sitting in my back pocket for a final push and some good depth at WR to play with, and the Mixon owner is currently 1-7 ( double headers )

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen any trades involving D. Henderson in the past month? I'm desperate for help at RB and trying to figure out his value in terms of 2022 draft picks. Maybe 2 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd? Just 1 2nd?

Anyone seen any trades involving D. Henderson in the past month? I'm desperate for help at RB and trying to figure out his value in terms of 2022 draft picks. Maybe 2 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd? Just 1 2nd?
I have Henderson in 1 league and would hold for a 2nd. For 2 seconds I'd be tempted as I'm fairly deep at RB, but would probably try and get a 1st and maybe toss in something on my end. 

In a 12 tm ppr start 1QB dynasty, what value would you give ARod in terms of '22 rookie pick(s)? I am 4-0 and have Tyrod and Tua on IR, Wentz, Teddy B and Mills on my roster. Tua might be back in Wk 6, Tyrod???

What would you give up to get Rodgers?

Where do y'all stand on Mike Williams? Idk maybe I'm in minority but I feel those 1st three games are a mirage.
I’m with you but I’m biased by 3 years of holding and not getting any ROI in my lineup. If I still owned him, I’d probably sell. 

In a 12 tm ppr start 1QB dynasty, what value would you give ARod in terms of '22 rookie pick(s)? I am 4-0 and have Tyrod and Tua on IR, Wentz, Teddy B and Mills on my roster. Tua might be back in Wk 6, Tyrod???

What would you give up to get Rodgers?
Rodgers might not even be a top 12 QB going forward but, yeah, he’s better than your QB. Yuck :)  

id probably give up my (likely) late 2nd for him. Or, better yet, do you have a  young WR (like Palmer or Tooney or the like) that the other owner might be interested in. 

His owners wanted a 1st in my leagues prior to the season which I thought was crazy. They may have softened a bit given the turmoil in Miami now.

I’m pretty new to dynasty. I won last year in the league’s first season and my team is very good (top 2 in the league I think). Team in last place has Kelce and D. Cook. Was going to offer Hockenson and Mattison for Kelce. Too much? Not enough?

I have Henderson in 1 league and would hold for a 2nd. For 2 seconds I'd be tempted as I'm fairly deep at RB, but would probably try and get a 1st and maybe toss in something on my end. 
Any other Henderson owners or anyone who has seen recent trades for Henderson want to chime in?

I’m pretty new to dynasty. I won last year in the league’s first season and my team is very good (top 2 in the league I think). Team in last place has Kelce and D. Cook. Was going to offer Hockenson and Mattison for Kelce. Too much? Not enough?
I think it is a fair offer and worth a try!

I think that’s pretty fair considering Kelce and Hock’s age. Either one of you own Dalvin? 

Users who are viewing this thread