What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (10 Viewers)

Price check, Has anyone recently acquired Hopkins, Adams or Gurley?

I might be able to swing McCoy, Jeffrey and 1.5 for Gurley

or AJG, McCoy and probably 1.11 for Gurley.  Big price for a RB?

You should do both of those and get two Gurleys.
I've been reading the dynasty value chart that was released on 6/1 and it's been a nice starting point for value wise.  I'm just trying to figure out number wise what first round picks are valued at.

I've been reading the dynasty value chart that was released on 6/1 and it's been a nice starting point for value wise.  I'm just trying to figure out number wise what first round picks are valued at.
Neither package comes close to equalling Gurley's value.

Value charts can be useful but they go astray when you start adding up players/picks to equal a superstar. A dollar is always worth MUCH more than four quarters. 

How are folks feeling about Jerick McKinnon's value?

I feel like he's at a crossroads right now where he could either increase value or decrease it a lot depending on whether he can prove that he can handle most of the workload.  

Yeah neither of those are even close.

Personally wouldn't even counter. But never hurts to try. You never know. :lol:  
Exactly - I only brought it up because I offered to start McCoy and 1.5 for Gurley and asked him to rate the offer and he said 5/10

He tends to be one of those guys who will take 3-4 pieces.  I'm sure I can offer more than McCoy, 1.5, and Jeffrey but I want to see how he rates this one.

I feel like he's at a crossroads right now where he could either increase value or decrease it a lot depending on whether he can prove that he can handle most of the workload.  
I think its a confusing situation in some ways. It looks to be simple, they brought him in, and dumped the other workhorse guy.

Who knows tho. He's not a bruiser, hammer type guy. So maybe he loses some touches in those spots. Not sure what shannys RB record looks like from past years, but i feel like in recent history, a lot of the time Freeman and coleman werent too awful far apart in their touches. Not sure SF has another guy to lean on like coleman, so maybe JM just gets a huge share of the touches and goes crazy FF wise.

I would be looking to hold I think in most spots, mostly because of shanny. But if someone were buying at top 10 RB prices, id likely move him.

Last edited by a moderator:

I feel like buying him right now isn't the best time.  I think he'll be good for a couple years a solid RB2 but I never was a big fan of his talent.  It depends on the price though. 

I'm not even a big Landry fan, but can not see how you'd rank this otherwise.
Not a Landry fan at all.  I'd rather take some boom/bust potential in Ridley, Kirk (Unknown) and Cooks more big game upside than your consistent 7 for 68's which may be fine for you as a WR 2-3 in PPR depends how you build your lineup.

I'm not even a big Landry fan, but can not see how you'd rank this otherwise.
I think I agree.

Situation is, I ended up with Ridley and I really am not that excited about him, but I understand he has at very least some perceived value.

There are owners in my league who I think I could get a deal done with for 1 of the players in that list. Just curious what the Dyno community thinks.

I could certainly hold/taxi. His value shouldn't drop much if at all in a year. I could likely easily flip him if I dont see something I like in a year. But I think that moving him for one of these guys could be a good move. Just not sure his value will ever reach that of cooks or landry, who are only 1-2 years older and already established.

Exactly - I only brought it up because I offered to start McCoy and 1.5 for Gurley and asked him to rate the offer and he said 5/10

He tends to be one of those guys who will take 3-4 pieces.  I'm sure I can offer more than McCoy, 1.5, and Jeffrey but I want to see how he rates this one.
depending on your team depth, I think you'd have to send McCoy, 1.5, Jeffrey AND AJG to get Gurley.

I own Gurley and I wouldn't even move him for that whole package, but I'm in shallow dynasty leagues (keep 12, 13 and 16) so I always prefer to consolidate on uber studs.

Not a Landry fan at all.  I'd rather take some boom/bust potential in Ridley, Kirk (Unknown) and Cooks more big game upside than your consistent 7 for 68's which may be fine for you as a WR 2-3 in PPR depends how you build your lineup.
I like Ridley and Kirk but we're hoping they end up as good as Landry at this point (and I don't think they really have a much higher ceiling). 7 for 68s is 14 points in ppr - throw in some TDs here and there and you're talking a solid WR2.

I see Ridley and Kirk both as possession type WRs, and we have to throw in bust potential - so why not just take Landry who you could probably flip for one of the rookies plus more at this point.

Has anyone traded a 2018 late round pick 1.11 or 1.12 for an unknown 2019 1st?  Which can fall in the 5-10 range.
I did once and tried in another league without success, both drafts were going on at same time. The one it worked out I traded from 12 to 11 using pick 3.6 so I could pick Ridley but then got an offer of 3.8 and a 2019#1 I'd put more in range of 1-8 and I took it and they took Ridley.

I think I agree.

Situation is, I ended up with Ridley and I really am not that excited about him, but I understand he has at very least some perceived value.

There are owners in my league who I think I could get a deal done with for 1 of the players in that list. Just curious what the Dyno community thinks.

I could certainly hold/taxi. His value shouldn't drop much if at all in a year. I could likely easily flip him if I dont see something I like in a year. But I think that moving him for one of these guys could be a good move. Just not sure his value will ever reach that of cooks or landry, who are only 1-2 years older and already established.
I grabbed Ridley in one league and I'm fine with him. He intrigues me at least as I see some untapped potential. If I didn't have Cooks already in that league I'd flip him for Cooks in a second - and I'd do the same for Landry so I don't blame you.

Cooks

Landry

Ridley/Kirk

for me.  

I have never been a huge Landry supporter, and playing mostly in standsrd leagues have gotten into the habit of adding a round or two to his adp to get his "true value."  That said, I think because he hasnt been a flashy TD producer he gets routinely undervalued.  I he new QB in Cleveland needs someone to lean on, a veteran with elite short-route skills seems like a good candidate.  

As for the rooks, not excited about either, and somewhat down on Ridley situationally.  I'd trade either for either of the veterans.

Value rank these guys. 12 team ppr

Ridley, Jarvis, Cooks, Kirk
How I value them:    Cooks, Ridley....Jarvis/Kirk

Jarvis has much superior receiving competition across the board (RB/WR/TE) now. JMO He might be the biggest "sell high" WR in fantasy right now. If you're that much of a believer, go reacquire him after the Tyrod Taylor/Baker Mayfield rookie season.

How I value them:    Cooks, Ridley....Jarvis/Kirk

Jarvis has much superior receiving competition across the board (RB/WR/TE) now. JMO He might be the biggest "sell high" WR in fantasy right now. If you're that much of a believer, go reacquire him after the Tyrod Taylor/Baker Mayfield rookie season.
Agree!

He was WR5 overall (WR7 PPG) last season. He was WR13 in 2016 and WR8 in 2015. He outscored Cooks in 2 of those 3 seasons. Last year he matched Cook's career high in TDs, catching balls from Cutler and Moore (not Brees and Brady). 

I get that his situation is changing and with that change comes risk. But, at only 25 YO, he's already best case scenario for any investment in Ridley and Kirk. 

Sounds like a guy who undervalues Gurley and one that you should definitely pursue a trade with.

If you'd asked me that same question my response would be to ask if I can use negative numbers.

Has anyone traded a 2018 late round pick 1.11 or 1.12 for an unknown 2019 1st?  Which can fall in the 5-10 range.
Unless I'm really really high on a guy who's there, I pretty much always look to do this with these picks.  I play in steady leagues so the year's wait isn't a big issue to me.  I'm not worried about the league folding so I will almost always take that "free" value.

This year I traded 2.01, 2.02, and some change (another late 2nd and Jimmy G) for two future 1sts in separate trades.  The kind of moves I always look to make.

Thanks for reading. I didn't include values of the rookie picks in the June one since most people have drafted already. But you can get a pretty good idea by looking at the values listed of the actual rookies. So for example, the 1.05 is probably somebody like Michel, Chubb or Jones. I think those guys are worth about 15-16 in my system.

The 1.11 is probably going to be one of the top rookie WRs. Assume the 8 RBs and Moore and another WR go off the board in the top 10, leaves you looking at the WRs like Sutton, Ridley, Kirk, Gallup, etc. I have those guys worth something in the 6 to 9 range. 

Thanks for reading. I didn't include values of the rookie picks in the June one since most people have drafted already. But you can get a pretty good idea by looking at the values listed of the actual rookies. So for example, the 1.05 is probably somebody like Michel, Chubb or Jones. I think those guys are worth about 15-16 in my system.

The 1.11 is probably going to be one of the top rookie WRs. Assume the 8 RBs and Moore and another WR go off the board in the top 10, leaves you looking at the WRs like Sutton, Ridley, Kirk, Gallup, etc. I have those guys worth something in the 6 to 9 range. 
That's exactly what I did, assigned 1.5 around 16.

Thank You!  Great article.

Trade that went off in my dynasty league this morning:

Team A Gave up:  2019 1st, 2019 2nd

Team B Gave up:  Ronald Jones, Martavis Bryant 

During our rookie draft I moved 1.02, 1.07, 1.11, 1.12 for Gurley.  I had 11 of the top 14 picks in the draft.  Guy took over a terrible team with Gurley and basically nothing else

In one league I moved the 2.01 and 2.02 for a 2019 1st.  Guy has a really bad roster so its highly likely a top 6 pick with a decent chance at #1 overall.  He took Sutton and Miller with the picks 

I saw OTC 1.04 (Michel, mistake in my mind), Corey Davis, and Corey Coleman go for Hopkins.  I got him in another league but with wacky factors that won't translate to this thread.

During our rookie draft I moved 1.02, 1.07, 1.11, 1.12 for Gurley.  I had 11 of the top 14 picks in the draft.  Guy took over a terrible team with Gurley and basically nothing else
Like it for both teams based on rebuild vs contender.  With Gurley and nothing else he's just wasting a bunch of Gurley's elite seasons.  

Great read but these things rarely work out.  Looking back a couple years at dynasty value charts will make you spit up your drink.

Great read but these things rarely work out.  Looking back a couple years at dynasty value charts will make you spit up your drink.
It's more of a trade negotiation tool than holy grail. Too many moving parts in football for anyone to be infallible on dynasty rankings for a full 2-3 years.  

I was just offered Derrick Henry for my Marvin Jones in PPR. I'm thinking take it. I need RB help with my only viable RBs being Ingram (gone first 4 games), Fournette & Ware. Start 2 RB, 3 WR & 2 flex. I'm still ok @ WR with Juju, AJG, Adams, Kupp, K. Benjamin, E. Sanders & Doctson

I was just offered Derrick Henry for my Marvin Jones in PPR. I'm thinking take it. I need RB help with my only viable RBs being Ingram (gone first 4 games), Fournette & Ware. Start 2 RB, 3 WR & 2 flex. I'm still ok @ WR with Juju, AJG, Adams, Kupp, K. Benjamin, E. Sanders & Doctson
I take that pretty easily imo. I like Marvin and see him as underrated but seems henry carries more value with most people. 

People would like a late first for jones, but buyers want to pay a mid-late 2nd. Henry could fetch a pick in the 1.05-1.08 range depending on the owner. You can use the rb more anyway.

Take fo sho

Users who are viewing this thread