What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 12 (1 Viewer)

I like the LU.  I have been playing with similar arrangements.  I am not a huge fan of Franks, but I suppose he is as good an option as any other kickers at that price point...Lambo, Gould, McManus may be others to consider there.

I have no problem with Tye, although my LUs currently have Walker or Gates at TE.  They cost more, however, which doesn't leave room for DJ without adjusting down elsewhere.

I still have Benjamin in my LUs...but he is not getting much love in the IVC which has me second guessing that move.
Only reason for Franks is high team total, at home, and SF gives other teams a lot of drives due to the pace they play. Dunno... 

I just wanted to give a shout out to Justin Howe on his articles. For the life of me, I don't know why it's taken until week 12 for me to pay attention to them. I guess when I read the titles it just didn't register to me what they were really about. 

Anyway, like most people on here, I assume we all have our favorite guys we like to read. Tip and Pick is at the top of my list for sure, but really liking what I am reading from him. All of it makes a lot sense to me, and is a lot of the players I am on this week. So if you haven't checked out his stuff, go take a read, it will help you. At the least it may give you some confidence in your picks. 

My Thur/Mon Cash LU Stand at this;

Cam-Bell (22)-Ajayi-Kelvin-Edel-Fitz-Hooper-Catanz-PittDef (11)

Right now I am looking at these players for my last 2 Cash LU on SunOnly and Sun/Mon

QB - Palmer, Wilson, (Still thinking on Brees, Rodgers, Carr) 

Palmer is a steal on a lot of DFS sites right now. I admit he hasn't looked that good, but he is still putting up good passing yards. Atlanta won't be able to get the pressure on him a lot of teams have. It's going to be a high scoring game, Palmer could easily get 3 TD's, and 300 yards passing. Wilson is under priced again, and they are now a passing team. Seattle showed against NE that the WEST to EAST trip doesn't bother them, and Tampa is not NE. Brees is just a stud at home. The Rams can be tough on defense, but I still think he kills it this weekend. The only problem for me is that I like to stack a pass catcher and I don't know who to use with him. Rodgers is going to keep chucking the ball, they have too. Carr is not the value on FD that he is on DK, but he is still in a great position this week. 

RB- DJ, Gordon, Ajayi, Murray, Rawls

I like to mix up things, but DJ is going to be in both LU this week. Gordon may be too. Ajayi is a nice play, but already have him in the Thur/Mon LU. If I need some salary relief, I really like Rawls. Murray is just so consistent. So far, in the LU's I have built, I haven't needed the salary relief. So probably going to be DJ/Gordon in both.

WR- OBJ, Edel, Cooper, Fitz, SS, Baldwin, J. Matthews, Parker, Floyd, Boyd

OBJ gets the Browns. Edel with Gronk not playing is very consistent. He is Brady's security blanket. Fitz is hurt a little, so that scares me. But he has been the only reliable WR on the team. Steve Smith and Baldwin are always undervalued. D. Parker is coming on and has been the target leader in Miami the last few weeks. I just think Arians wants Floyd to step up and be that No. 2 guy with Fitz. He has tried everyone, JB, JJ, and can't find a guy. From the comments/readings I am just getting that feeling that they are going to give Floyd that shot again. I think its a shootout game, and like his chances of getting in the end zone this week. Julio is always in play, just going against Peterson is the problem. I still think he could go off, but why take the chance in a cash game. Its' Boyd's time to step up in Cincy. Matthews gets a bad GB pass defense and he has been seeing the targets. Cooper is in a great position against Carolina's pass defense. 

TE- Graham, Olsen, Walker, Barnidge, Ertz or Cooks

I like Graham,Olsen, and Walker most weeks. Barnidge with McCown has been good in past. I really like Ertz and Cook on Monday night. Cook seems to be healthy and Rodgers was throwing him the ball. Ertz gets GB, and they can't stop anyone. 

I am really liking the Tenn. defense against Matt Barkley this week. But usually my preference is to play a home team defense. NY and Buff fit the bill also. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in everyone's thoughts on Gordon vs Ajayi.  I am leaning Gordon for cash.
I like Gordon a little better. Ajayi may well get 200 yards this week, did you see the holes Blount had last week. I am a little worried about the offensive line injuries though. But he is going to get a lot of carries, maybe 25 plus. Gordon has just been so steady and a TD magnet this year. The coming of a bye and should be rested. Houston is decent against the run, but Gordon has really been just as good and consistent as the big 3 guys this year (DJ, Bell, Zeke) he just doesn't get the publicity. Consistency is why I like him better. Plus if the game doesn't go as planned, Gordon will still be in catching passes. Ajayi will not be in as much if Miami gets behind. 

I like Gordon a little better. Ajayi may well get 200 yards this week, did you see the holes Blount had last week. I am a little worried about the offensive line injuries though. But he is going to get a lot of carries, maybe 25 plus. Gordon has just been so steady and a TD magnet this year. The coming of a bye and should be rested. Houston is decent against the run, but Gordon has really been just as good and consistent as the big 3 guys this year (DJ, Bell, Zeke) he just doesn't get the publicity. Consistency is why I like him better. Plus if the game doesn't go as planned, Gordon will still be in catching passes. Ajayi will not be in as much if Miami gets behind. 
I lean Gordon slightly as well, but this is one of the rare weeks where I really can see a very good case for all 4 of the top Rbs.  D.Murray should be on the field a ton with Barkley and 0 weapons to throw to for Chicago. 

I get what you are saying about the OL injuries, but they were banged up last week and he had a fine yd/att vs. D that is a lot stronger vs. the rush. 

Seeing how my last few weeks have gone on FD, I am going to just keep it low key for cash.  Just going to go smaller and stick with the one LU I posted - usually I have 3-4 LUs going.  Will throw together a few gpps, but that's about it. 

Working on a Seattle/TB game stack, a NE triple stack, and NO triple stack.  Will probably do the Car/Oak and AZ/Atl games on DK this week for gpp. 

I'm leaning towards a fade on Ajai myself, with the news of his offensive line injuries.  2 (possible a 3rd) of the starting line is out for him.  And in the past he hasn't performed well.  The weeks when he broke out was the few week stretch that his entire line was healthy.  

On another note, a lot of people seem to be on Rawls.  For GPP, I'm leaning fading him and plugging in Ware (same price), or Lamar Miller (100 more).  My thinking is Seattle will more than likely rely on Wilson.  And SD is only middle of the road vs the run, and allows 5 receptions per game to opposing RB.  Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards a fade on Ajai myself, with the news of his offensive line injuries.  2 (possible a 3rd) of the starting line is out for him.  And in the past he hasn't performed well.  The weeks when he broke out was the few week stretch that his entire line was healthy.  

On another note, a lot of people seem to be on Rawls.  For GPP, I'm leaning fading him and plugging in Ware (same price), or Lamar Miller (100 more).  My thinking is Seattle will more than likely rely on Wilson.  And SD is only middle of the road vs the run, and allows 5 receptions per game to opposing RB.  Thoughts?
I like both options in gpp.  Like you said, I am off of Rawls mostly just because I am so much on Wilson and the passing attack this week.  I like both of the other guys and their matchups.  I through in even more of a shot in the dark for a gpp on the other side of that KC/Denver game and went with Booker/Denver D.  I just see that game being a RB/Def battle on both sides of the ball.  Booker's price keeps falling and hopefully he is healthier and rested off the bye.  Figured he will be low owned this week, and everybody seems to be talking about other Ds this week: Buffalo, Miami, Tenn, NO, etc.. 

I'm trying something different this week and entering a $5 SE gpp (NFL spike 23529 entries). This is the lineup I'm rolling with

Palmer

DJ Miller

Fitz  Crabtree  Edelman

Eifert

Lutz

Tenn

Well, here are my 2 weird gpp ideas for the week:

Brady - D.Lewis/Ajayi - OBJ/Julio/Enunwa - Bennett - Janokowski - Buff

Wilson - DJ/Booker - Baldwin/Lockett/Evans - Graham - Jano - Denver

Working on my other Brady LU and I think I have my Brees LU done and I will stop. 

Ended up killing my Mon/Thur cash game LU with a 155 score. (B-32 and W-182)
I have discussed this before, as far as my strategy in my cash games.  

Because of the contest I enter, I was able to really capitalize on the LU. If I would have just stuck with double ups and 50/50's it would be a hole different story. I was able to win 5X what I bet doing it this way, compared to 2X. Of course, I won all the games I entered, so this is max winnings.

This is also how I stay ahead in the long run this year. I play 3 LU, and if only 1 hits, I usually still win money. 

I also don't believe you have to play GPP type LU's to win leagues. This cash LU won every 3,5,10,20,100 man league I entered with it. All $1 and $2 dollar level. Plus, I am always trying to build the best LU's I can anyway. I suck at GPP most times, but I am learning. I really think you have to have a different mind set. 

Obviously if all 3 of your LU's tank, you lose it all just like everyone else. I like my chances with 3 most weeks, but sometimes I spread myself too thin. 

Because of the contest I enter, I was able to really capitalize on the LU. If I would have just stuck with double ups and 50/50's it would be a hole different story. I was able to win 5X what I bet doing it this way, compared to 2X. Of course, I won all the games I entered, so this is max winnings.

This is also how I stay ahead in the long run this year. I play 3 LU, and if only 1 hits, I usually still win money. 

I also don't believe you have to play GPP type LU's to win leagues. This cash LU won every 3,5,10,20,100 man league I entered with it. All $1 and $2 dollar level. Plus, I am always trying to build the best LU's I can anyway. I suck at GPP most times, but I am learning. I really think you have to have a different mind set. 

Obviously if all 3 of your LU's tank, you lose it all just like everyone else. I like my chances with 3 most weeks, but sometimes I spread myself too thin. 
Can't decide which of these lineups I like better. It's for 50/50 and $1 100 man league

Wilson Ajayi  Gordon Baldwin  Fitz Edelman Walker Lambo Bills

Wilson DJ Jennings Baldwin Cooper Smith Gates Gould Broncos

im going the opposite direction.  my secondary lineups have killed me this year.  1 of each 1pm, main, and gpp this week.  or maybe no gpps at all.  betting less too.  2 week losing streak.

For cash I'm on

Wilson

Johnson, Gordon

Edelman, Baldwin, Boyd

Olson

Carpenter

Titans

Iffy WRs but I think between the 3 of them I should hit value overall.

Any opinions on this LU?  I have been subpar at best lately, so really starting to second guess what I am doing.  As I looked at stuff, I kept moving to some of the cheap TEs for punting so I can get loaded up in all the other positions. 

Wilson

DJ/Gordon

Cooper/Edelman/Baldwin

Tye

Franks

Baltimore

Last few weeks Tye has averaged 6-7 targets a game, and usually good things happen when you target the Clev D with your TE.  There is a little wiggle room with the LU and could easily pivot to Ajayi/D.Murr or a cheap TE like Barnidge/Clay/McDonald.
My $25, 3764 person LU is almost exactly the same

Wilson

DJ/Gordon

Cooper/Baldwin/Edelman

Tye

Santos

Saints

In the FWIW department, part 2: ESPN's Adam Schifter is reporting that Rob Gronkowski WILL be active against the NYJ, but, is unknown how involved he will be or what kind of workload he will have.

KarmaPolice said:
Seeing how my last few weeks have gone on FD, I am going to just keep it low key for cash.  Just going to go smaller and stick with the one LU I posted - usually I have 3-4 LUs going.  Will throw together a few gpps, but that's about it.
Same boat - injuries to key guys in my cash LU's the last two weeks hurt me big. Going with a single cash game and 3 GPP's plus the NFL road to 51 free-roll.

Cash LU: QB/ Cam, RB/ DeMarc & Gordon, WR/ Cooper, LFitz & Baldwin, TE/Barnidge [has McCown who should have plenty of pass attempts.], K/Carpenter, DEF/Tenn.

Did 2qbs.com not have ownership percentages this week?

I couldn't find it. Maybe due to Thanksgiving.

In the FWIW department, part 2: ESPN's Adam Schifter is reporting that Rob Gronkowski WILL be active against the NYJ, but, is unknown how involved he will be or what kind of workload he will have.
Sweet!

I look forward to my Brady stacks doing even less than normal today.  I didn't see anything yet, what's the word on Hogan?

I also don't believe you have to play GPP type LU's to win leagues.
this is a weird take to me.  ofc you dont HAVE to stack guys and play gpp-style lineups to win leagues but why wouldnt you?  you still need to beat 99 other people so why not have as many correlated plays as possible?

this is a weird take to me.  ofc you dont HAVE to stack guys and play gpp-style lineups to win leagues but why wouldnt you?  you still need to beat 99 other people so why not have as many correlated plays as possible?
I don't play 100-mans much in the NFL, but I do in NBA. At the $1.00 level on NBA, the questionable-lineup-ratio seems quite high. If everyone is trying balls-out to hit a unique GPP lineup, there's a good chance not many will hit so you can cash with a strong cash play. Don't know if it's true on the NFL side, but I'm seeing it a ton at the cheap levels on the NBA side b

Worried about Eifert in 2 of 5 cash LUs. What are you doing with this guy?
I'm a Bengals homer, and love Eifert under normal circumstances.  His ability to play the ball high in the air, especially down the seams and in the red zone, bails out Dalton on most weeks.  I am totally fading Eifert this week, however.  I think the loss of AJ will hurt Eifert, rather than help, especially against the Ravens.  Better to wait and see how Eifert fares in the "Post AJ Green" offense, in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I'm guessing LaFell will be the biggest benefactor today, as far as redistributed targets.   Now, whether LaFell will be able to make much out of the increased targets is an open question.   :oldunsure:

I just slapped together 3 cash lineups in about 30 minutes. What could possibly go wrong w/ that?

Let me at least run my cores out here for feedback. 

100% exposed on Julio. 

67% exposed on D. Johnson, Edelman, Delanie, Jennings, Wilson

And I'm running the Saints D out in 1 iteration. I'm generally pretty exposed to the Titans in a lineup (Demarco/Delanie by design, Wright by salary constraints), which feels both wrong (Titans?) and right (Bears!). 

Any thoughts/criticisms greatly appreciated. 

You're not concerned about Petersen shadowing Julio?  That prospect has me off Julio, and onto secondary targets like Sanu, Hooper, and Gabriel.
I am some, but I generally view Julio as match-up proof if Ryan has time to throw. I think Atlanta is going to need to score quite a bit to win, and I just don't see how they can do it without leaning on the best WR in football. 

But your point is valid. Maybe I come off of him in that Titan-heavy lineup and turn Wright into a more viable option. 

no julio today in cash games.  atl/peterson excellent vs #1 wrs dvoa.  i certainly dont think hes a bad play in the most fun game on the slate today but just too expensive and for me its more of a pay up for rb type of week.

edit: he is matchup proof and destroyed seattle earlier this year whos also great vs #1 wrs.

Normally I'd be worried about today but it's been a good run lately and I've not overreached my $$$ in play.

Playing DJ Ajayi Gordon and Jennings at RB. Not sure I have a cash WR over Fitzs price. So many guys in the 6100-6500 range that I'm fine with. Giants Bills Phins on D. Wilson x2 and Brees main slate, Kap and Palmer 1pm slate. Kinda wish I had an Eli but I've got him going in gpps and he's bombed us all before in cash. Walker Gates Tye Fiedor at TE. 

Good luck today!

am i the only one whos not high on rishard matthews today?  hes been great over the last few weeks but its been pretty td dependant.  he did get a ton of targets last week but that was games script dependant.  i dont see them having to throw it much today in a low scoring game.  am i way off here?

am i the only one whos not high on rishard matthews today?  hes been great over the last few weeks but its been pretty td dependant.  he did get a ton of targets last week but that was games script dependant.  i dont see them having to throw it much today in a low scoring game.  am i way off here?
I'm on him in 1 of my cash lineups. I like him. 

Same boat - injuries to key guys in my cash LU's the last two weeks hurt me big. Going with a single cash game and 3 GPP's plus the NFL road to 51 free-roll.

Cash LU: QB/ Cam, RB/ DeMarc & Gordon, WR/ Cooper, LFitz & Baldwin, TE/Barnidge [has McCown who should have plenty of pass attempts.], K/Carpenter, DEF/Tenn.
Bonnema made a pretty good case for fading Cam, and, given that Eli is the same price, as well as playing Cleveland, seemed like a pretty good idea to pivot off of Newton to Manning.

Matthews SmithSr Thomas Shepard Parker Edelmen all in my cash LUs. Only higher priced are Fitz ARob Baldwin. 

Reduced Julio exposure. Increased Ajayi and Fitz exposure. 

This really is dumb on my part. Standing in the narthex ignoring my kids while I panic-change rosters I slapped together with little thought. 

Reduced Julio exposure. Increased Ajayi and Fitz exposure. 

This really is dumb on my part. Standing in the narthex ignoring my kids while I panic-change rosters I slapped together with little thought. 
Seems like the right call to me.

what is a narthex?

I fear I have over-diversified.  Had plenty of time to question my best ideas, and lose focus.   :oldunsure:   

Seven different cash LUs seems like "diworsification".

Good luck, all!

Looks like a rough day ahead. Maybe Wilson Baldwin and Graham can put something nice together. Land mines all over my LUs. Started out great too, then Parker lost his TD and it started going downhill.

Users who are viewing this thread