What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (3 Viewers)

They are crazy if they fire him.  Would love to see it - because they aren't gonna get anyone any better.  

I am concerned about the day when Urban goes ...especially if Harbaugh is still there. 

It's Cooper all over again ...for years.  
I'm very sure Michigan won't fire Harbaugh, and they shouldn't - not unless they suffer through at least a couple more sucky years.

And it will be a sad, sad day when Urban finally leaves. :(  

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see how OSU can make the playoffs now, less any more craziness like Clemson losing tonite followed by upsets in ACC and SEC championship games. Highly improbable. That Iowa loss is the stain that will keep them out.

I don't want the committee to get off easy, but if we win next week that might be exactly what happens regardless of who wins the acc and sec championships. 

The wildcard in all this is still OU as TCU could make this a battle of   2 loss teams for the final spot.

So, JT was hurt pregame by a potentially shady camera man and Urbs on the warpath to find out what happened?  

So, JT was hurt pregame by a potentially shady camera man and Urbs on the warpath to find out what happened?  
I've only read Internet rumblings, not sure what's going on with that. But the Freshman acquitted himself well. It's hard not to compare it to 2014 when Cardale Jones came out of nowhere to win the championship. 

May not be a popular opinion but this team is better with JT not in on offense. Guy stalls momentum and his 3 and outs when he’s not playing well wears out the defense. Teams know he can’t throw and game plan against the run. It also doesn’t help that Urban is so loyal that they gave Weber and Dobbins one carry in the first quarter. Haskins had twice the game Barrett did in a quarter and a half of play. I’ll be happy when this team has moved on from Barrett and no longer tries to force the offense through him.

They need to ditch the option formation though when Haskins is in. The no lead block thing just means the OSU RBs get blown up in short yardage situations.

1    Clemson    11-1
2    Auburn    10-2
3    Oklahoma    11-1
4    Wisconsin    12-0
5    Alabama    11-1
6    Georgia    11-1
7    Miami (Fla.)    10-1
8    Ohio State    10-2

Should be a fun weekend with 7 of the top 8 in action against each other.  Committee chair says 5-8 are very closely knit.  Top 4 win, it's set.  When that doesn't happen, there are some interesting scenarios, especially when taking into account how they placed teams in 2015 and 2016,

Gonna be crazy.  Best bet for OSU would be Georgia beating Auburn.  No way they put Alabama ahead of Auburn, and they cannot have a 3 loss team in the playoffs, so Georgia winning would in essence take both out of the equation.  That would be :lol: worthy.  I still give it maybe a 30% chance if they win.  Time will tell.  :shrug:

Gonna be crazy.  Best bet for OSU would be Georgia beating Auburn.  No way they put Alabama ahead of Auburn, and they cannot have a 3 loss team in the playoffs, so Georgia winning would in essence take both out of the equation.  That would be :lol: worthy.  I still give it maybe a 30% chance if they win.  Time will tell.  :shrug:
Please explain the bolded. Didn't they put Ohio in over Penn State last year?

Please explain the bolded. Didn't they put Ohio in over Penn State last year?
PSU beat OSU on a fluke play after OSU had dominated that game for the most part.  It was close.  Auburn just beat Alabama like a drum, Bama looked terrible.  Big difference.

The other major difference that I think plays into the hand of OSU is this.  Last year, they put in OSU over PSU, another B1G team.  This is not the same.  This would be putting in an Alabama team over any team in the B1G, which is a good conference.  From everything I hear, Jim Delaney the B1G commissioner is a real bulldog and it will not be easy to leave out a B1G team altogether.  We will see, but I see some definite differences between 2016 and 2017.  Now, that said, do I think they deserve it?  Probably not, but if they can get in over freaking Alabama, I will laugh all the way.  And the DD meltdown will be epic, so it is the mythical win-win-win situation.

PSU beat OSU on a fluke play after OSU had dominated that game for the most part.  It was close.  Auburn just beat Alabama like a drum, Bama looked terrible.  Big difference.

The other major difference that I think plays into the hand of OSU is this.  Last year, they put in OSU over PSU, another B1G team.  This is not the same.  This would be putting in an Alabama team over any team in the B1G, which is a good conference.  From everything I hear, Jim Delaney the B1G commissioner is a real bulldog and it will not be easy to leave out a B1G team altogether.  We will see, but I see some definite differences between 2016 and 2017.  Now, that said, do I think they deserve it?  Probably not, but if they can get in over freaking Alabama, I will laugh all the way.  And the DD meltdown will be epic, so it is the mythical win-win-win situation.
So, if Ohio beats Wisconsin on a fluke play, Wisconsin gets in?

:shrug:   I have no freaking idea who gets in.  I would doubt it but I think tomorrow goes one of two ways.  Either OSU comes out and just blows the doors off of WIsconsin and win easily, or OSU does not come to play and lose by 14-17 points.  I do not see it in the middle ground of close.  Depends who came to play.

I wonder how J.T. is going to look. Has he practiced at all this week? I can see him struggling early and if Urbs doesn’t respond quick enough and pull him this game could get away from us. I also won’t be surprised to see Haskins start and this has been a big ploy all week to throw Wisc off. 

Also, many interviewees I’ve heard this week have said Georgia winning is our path in, especially if Clemson and OU win, and I think they are right. If Auburn wins, it’s going to be super close because that doesn’t hurt Bama as much. 

Delaney getting screwed could be what gets this thing to 6 or 8 teams, and that also would not be a bad result if it happened.

A small argument can be made for it, but it won’t happen. Wisc beat UM and Iowa at home, and has a win over NW, and that’s about it. That doesn’t trump wins over PSU, MSU, Wisc and at UM, even with a bad loss at Iowa.

I wonder how J.T. is going to look. Has he practiced at all this week? I can see him struggling early and if Urbs doesn’t respond quick enough and pull him this game could get away from us. I also won’t be surprised to see Haskins start and this has been a big ploy all week to throw Wisc off. 

Also, many interviewees I’ve heard this week have said Georgia winning is our path in, especially if Clemson and OU win, and I think they are right. If Auburn wins, it’s going to be super close because that doesn’t hurt Bama as much. 

Delaney getting screwed could be what gets this thing to 6 or 8 teams, and that also would not be a bad result if it happened.
Oh yeah,  Georgia winning and an OSU win will get them in,  for reasons I stated before. 

I don't want the committee to get off easy, but if we win next week that might be exactly what happens regardless of who wins the acc and sec championships. 

The wildcard in all this is still OU as TCU could make this a battle of   2 loss teams for the final spot.
Did you forget how OU destroyed Cheater U in Columbus?  Here is the evidence. :bye:  

Until we win it all!!!

But, honestly, we don't deserve to be in it, and frankly, I do not see a path to get in.
That would be the only thing that changed my mind. If we won the next three in a row in more than convincing fashion, then I would say, “told you so!”

I just don’t see us getting in. The loss, no the beat down to Iowa is not going away! I have to admit, if we get in, I am going to feel embarrassed a bit. 
Why would u feel embarrassed? Other teams control their own destiny today, not us. If we get in, the committee thinks we are a top 4 team then. Some will say it’s just OSU politics again. Either way I don’t care. Can’t win the title unless u have the chance to win the title.

For the record, I’m taking Wisc and the points tonight, just like I said for the PSU game. I’m not confident in JTs knee at all and I’m also not confident Urban will make the switch in time. We either win close or get our tails kicked in if JT starts. Hope I’m wrong though.

Why would u feel embarrassed? Other teams control their own destiny today, not us. If we get in, the committee thinks we are a top 4 team then. Some will say it’s just OSU politics again. Either way I don’t care. Can’t win the title unless u have the chance to win the title.
Whether true or not, I would feel like it’s undeserving. Why? We got smoked by 7-5 (4-5 in the B1G West!) Iowa. I would probably feel embarrassed getting in if that was our only loss. 

Whether true or not, I would feel like it’s undeserving. Why? We got smoked by 7-5 (4-5 in the B1G West!) Iowa. I would probably feel embarrassed getting in if that was our only loss. 
Ok, but I’ve also seen what some other top 10 teams have lost to...

There aren't four deserving teams this year. Unless Wisconsin wins tonight, there's not even one deserving team this year. 

Politician Spock said:
There aren't four deserving teams this year. Unless Wisconsin wins tonight, there's not even one deserving team this year. 
I think there are probably four more deserving than others. 

Beef Ravioli said:
Are there any losses in the top 10 as bad as ours to Iowa? 

No need to keep debating it. If we make it, I will root for the Buckeyes as always and hope they prove me wrong. 
Syracuse and Iowa State, and those are against teams “in with a win”.

4 good teams to play in this years playoff system?  Are you saying 4 teams are not deserving?   I think that Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia, Alabama are all really good teams this year.   Maybe I don't understand? 
I didn't say name 4 good teams. I said name 4 deserving teams. 

I said there aren't 4 deserving teams this year. I don't think a team that lost to Syracuse deserves to be there. I don't think a team that lost to Iowa State deserves to be there. I don't think a team that lost to Iowa deserved to be there. No matter how the top four unfolds, there will be at least one undeserving team in it, if not more. 

I said there aren't 4 deserving teams this year. I don't think a team that lost to Syracuse deserves to be there. I don't think a team that lost to Iowa State deserves to be there. I don't think a team that lost to Iowa deserved to be there. No matter how the top four unfolds, there will be at least one undeserving team in it, if not more. 
You are trying to hard on this one. 

Name four deserving teams. That's harder. 
The way it’s currently set up there has to be four deserving teams. With the resumes presented this far, I would say these are the most deserving teams in no particular order: Oklahoma, Georgia, Clemson, Alabama/Wisconsin depending what happens in the game tonight. 

There, I did it and the hardest part was typing it in on my phone. 

I admit, I'm with the other user. I don't understand your thinking or your point at all. The playoff is supposed to be the best four teams for the season. It isn't an entrance exam to MIT where you could have no one make the cut. The four best teams are the four best teams. In a year of total parity, they could all be 6-6. They'd still be the best four teams for that season.

The way it’s currently set up there has to be four deserving teams. With the resumes presented this far, I would say these are the most deserving teams in no particular order: Oklahoma, Georgia, Clemson, Alabama/Wisconsin depending what happens in the game tonight. 

There, I did it and the hardest part was typing it in on my phone. 

I admit, I'm with the other user. I don't understand your thinking or your point at all. The playoff is supposed to be the best four teams for the season. It isn't an entrance exam to MIT where you could have no one make the cut. The four best teams are the four best teams. In a year of total parity, they could all be 6-6. They'd still be the best four teams for that season.

By that line of thinking, if the committee selects OSU, then they deserve it. 

I'm not sure what leap of logic led you to that conclusion. You went from "there aren't four deserving teams" to "the selection committee is infallible", which neither of us said or even remotely implied.
Beef Ravioli said if OSU got in it "would feel like it’s undeserving".

UCF very well might “deserve” a spot. They don’t pick who deserves it. They pick who they deem the best.

Doesn't explain why you quoted what I said and threw that conclusion out there, but whatever. No biggie.
My point isn't difficult. I don't think OSU deserves to get in, nor do I feel like there are four teams that do. 

There are going to be four teams in the playoff, and at least one won't deserve to be there, if not more. 

Users who are viewing this thread