What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (2 Viewers)

Serious question. What is your issue? I don't read all the threads so have no idea what team you root for or why you feel compelled to come in to another team's thread and act like a doosh all the time. I have to imagine there's a reason and am just wondering what it is? Or is it just your natural personality?

Serious question. What is your issue? I don't read all the threads so have no idea what team you root for or why you feel compelled to come in to another team's thread and act like a doosh all the time. I have to imagine there's a reason and am just wondering what it is? Or is it just your natural personality?
When it comes to sports, he's just a ####. Any other other topic, he's intelligent, thoughtful, and really quite sharp. But in here... he's a ####. :shrug:

When it comes to sports, he's just a ####. Any other other topic, he's intelligent, thoughtful, and really quite sharp. But in here... he's a ####. :shrug:
You see, I disagree.  I think that in this online world, the personality closest to the actual person is the consistent worst they put forth.  An occasional outburst is one thing, consistent dooshiness = doosh in life.

Meh. He's a OU and UM fan. His teams are a combined 2-14 vs OSU in the past 14 years. One of those two wins was this year, so I say let him have his bragging rights. 

Interesting developments over last 2 days.  Brenton Cox decommits, as was expected.  Then #Boom, 3 star QB Matthew Baldwin commits. 

As for DE, we have a lot of need here.  WOrd is James Franklin has been negative recruiting like a mofo saying Larry Johnson is going to retire, causing prospects to shy away.  LJ now has to go on visits and repair that crap.  Hoping for Oweh and Tyreke to fill DE needs this cycle since we will lose at least 3.

At QB, take it one of 2 ways.  Either Emory Jones is gone and they are replacing him now, OR Joe Burrow is gone and they need the 2 this cycle to have 4 on the team.  Jones is just weird, since he is rumored to be decommiting, but then you have him tweets about welcome to the family to new commits like Tyreke Johnson just this week.

:shrug:

To elaborate on the Emory Jones thing, it is interesting to note that he did not decommit this past weekend, since that was when it was predicted he would do it if we were going to do so.  These 17 and 18 yr old kids really do have a lot of decisions to make and it has to be difficult from that standpoint. 

That said, he is supposed to be one that will sign early and enroll early.  He might just stick.  Which would lead me to believe that Joe Burrow is likely going to transfer with 2 QB's in the class.  But time will tell.

#BOOM WR Kamryn Babb commits to Ohio State after being widely considered a lock for the whole season.  Also interesting in this is his teammate Cameron Brown, a long time Nebraska commit and 4-star as well, is looking like he might join him as a Buckeye.  Throw those 2 in with Blue Smith and dang, what a haul at WR.

To elaborate on the Emory Jones thing, it is interesting to note that he did not decommit this past weekend, since that was when it was predicted he would do it if we were going to do so.  These 17 and 18 yr old kids really do have a lot of decisions to make and it has to be difficult from that standpoint. 

That said, he is supposed to be one that will sign early and enroll early.  He might just stick.  Which would lead me to believe that Joe Burrow is likely going to transfer with 2 QB's in the class.  But time will tell.
Even if we only bring in 1 QB this class, I still think he's gone.  I don't think it will be Martell, yet.  Burrow slotted in at what seemed to be a good time, 2 years to groom and be the heir to JT, but then the room filled up super quick with alot of talent.  

Bobcat10 said:
Even if we only bring in 1 QB this class, I still think he's gone.  I don't think it will be Martell, yet.  Burrow slotted in at what seemed to be a good time, 2 years to groom and be the heir to JT, but then the room filled up super quick with alot of talent.  
 that's certainly true.   Which is also sad since he looked pretty darn good last season.   Huge ceiling for the next several years at QB.  The more I read about Baldwin and what people are saying,  the more I think he's really underrated.  Makes sense though given he's a 1 year starter,  but looking like he will win the state title in the largest division in the state of Texas. 

DE Tyreke Smith trending in a big way to Ohio State after having been a huge PSU lean.  DBag Franklin and his negative recruiting coming back to bite him.  Tyreke actually cancelled Franklin's home visit for today and is welcoming Urban and company. :hifive:

This all begs the question, how many Tyrekes can one class have?  I am all in favor of signing another one and going for 3 this cycle.

This doesn't stop Parsons from committing to OSU, does it?  I didn't read that anywhere - only that OSU cannot pursue him.  At this point, I'd assume that the pursuit is next to over.  :shrug:
Yeah, I saw that article and it makes sense.  His recruitment went downhill after that weekend with the whole Twitter battle over the QB situation, but it seemed like no attempts were made to patch things.  I had read there was concern about his judgement and friends he kept, but this is an interesting turn.  Still holding out hope we get Oweh, who just loves LJ.

This doesn't stop Parsons from committing to OSU, does it?  I didn't read that anywhere - only that OSU cannot pursue him.  At this point, I'd assume that the pursuit is next to over.  :shrug:
I have no idea.  I guess we'll find out.

DE Alex Williams from Pickerington North is set to sign with OSU tomorrow, flipping from his WVU commitment.  His announcement got spoiled by his HS twitter account apparently. :lol:

Interesting to see what Jackson Carman and Cameron Brown do tomorrow as well,  Most are thinking Woodbey will flip to USC, but who knows at this point?  Emory Jones, who seems flaky even by 17 yr old kid standards, is expected to flip not to Alabama or Auburn, where he has visited.  No, to the Gators, after they offered him like last week?  :shrug:   His inaccuracy in the all star games makes JT Barrett look like Peyton freaking Manning, so not too sad on that I suppose.

Thanks for all of the great info here. It’s exciting to learn which extremely talented players will crumble versus non Big 10 playoff caliber opponents in the upcoming years. 

Thanks for all of the great info here. It’s exciting to learn which extremely talented players will crumble versus non Big 10 playoff caliber opponents in the upcoming years. 
Thanks for your great contribution as well. You apparently watch a lot of college football, so stop by anytime.

So far no surprises.   The kids are signing as expected.    Carman will be the big one today.  

Adderall Slim said:
:lmao:

#1 2014 Alabama, #2 2014 Oregon, #8 2015 Notre Dame, and #7 2016 Oklahoma all lost to Ohio State.

Carman went to Clempson.  Wish him well, but man the kid feels more drama queen than Emory Jones, who has also been dropped from the class.  Joens seems to me to be a kid that just does not know what he wants or will work best and is trying to figure it out.  Carman has been so up and down.  All of that said, we want kids that want to play here. Go Bucks!

ESPN rating OSU as the #2 recruiting class behind Georgia.
We still have a few high recruits to grab.  Interesting to see where it falls.  Crazy how many talented kids want to be overrated then ultimately fall on their faces at UGA.  I mean,  if Clemsoning hadn't come along,  it would have been Georgiaing.

The Woodbey flip sucks- not necessarily because he flipped, but that it was to FSU rather than USC. They came out of nowhere. Carman seems like he picked Clemson just to be contrary, since everyone wanted and expected him to be a Buckeye. He didn't like the pressure.

The Woodbey flip sucks- not necessarily because he flipped, but that it was to FSU rather than USC. They came out of nowhere. Carman seems like he picked Clemson just to be contrary, since everyone wanted and expected him to be a Buckeye. He didn't like the pressure.
Running away from pressure has to be a quality that coaches don’t want to see. It hurts, but if his hearts not here, he doesn’t need to be. 

Woodbey is is absolutely the one that shocked me. Between OSU and USC(where his dad went), he had over two years of relationships built. Tweets that an FSU offer would be his dream offer, gets it, visits for one day, then flips. And his commitment was one of the most painful things I’ve ever watched. Just baffling. 

Running away from pressure has to be a quality that coaches don’t want to see. It hurts, but if his hearts not here, he doesn’t need to be. 

Woodbey is is absolutely the one that shocked me. Between OSU and USC(where his dad went), he had over two years of relationships built. Tweets that an FSU offer would be his dream offer, gets it, visits for one day, then flips. And his commitment was one of the most painful things I’ve ever watched. Just baffling. 
Texting a good friend last night about that one,  huge FSU fan with friends that are big boosters.  He's in misery right now with their class,  but in his words,  FSU, best team money can buy.   That flip was so weird,  it's like a page out of the Ole Miss recruiting book. 

DC from Washington State Alex Grinch is reportedly joining OSU as the new 10th assistant.  That is pretty huge.  Great coach, but taking the DC from a PAC12 team as a 10th assistant is pretty big.  Could fortell his moving up quickly when Schiano leaves.

Heck of a way to end the season.   D line was impressive and I would not be surprised if that performance locked up both Smith and Oweh, which would be huge.   Have read that while Parsons is more ready now,  Oweh has more upside.  LJ training him would be fun.   That would jump them back to #1 as well.  We find out Thursday. 

Users who are viewing this thread