What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (15 Viewers)

I have a free bet that I need to use or lose. I don’t watch basketball or hockey at all

Whos got a lock?!?!

:oldunsure:
No such thing as a lock, but Oakland is on an 11-2 over run.

Wisconsin-Milwaukee 10-3 over run.

They went over by 14 points last night.  I'm playing over 153.  Tips at 2:00 pacific.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your emails for a risk-free $100 bet on FCS on Betonline/Sportsbetting.  Played mine on Mercer +14.
Smokin Dave Cokin said last night he bet JMU -41.5.  I was going to use my free bet on them, but the number was 42.5, so I passed.  52-0 final. :mellow:  

SO I tilted and bet a worse number of North Dakota State -24.5.  Sigh.

If anyone is interested in betting UFC, I think I've got a pretty good lean on the Main Event:

Derrick Lewis ML, +350 (0.5 units) $175 if win
Fight Rounds O1.5, -210 (Risk enough to win 1 unit) $100 if win
Round 2 Blaydes wins fight, +450 (0.25 units) $125 if win
Round 3 Blaydes wins fight, +700  (0.25 units)  $175 if win

If Blaydes treats this guy in the first round, it's an unmitigated disaster. But as soon as this fight exits the first round, your downside drops a ton and once it goes O1.5 rounds the whole thing becomes a freeroll with the upside to collect on Blades finishing in Rounds 2/3 and Lewis to win at any time.

The parlay is essentially building a hedge for the Main Event allowing us to have a little more liberty if our first two pieces of chalk do their job.

Think of it as potentially having Blaydes at +130 if two allegedly (65 to 70% outcome events occur).

For this next fight, all my sharp buddies are on Hawes -130. This has been a good night for dogs, but I think this fight is the quote and quote "free money" of the card just based on WHO was telling me they like this next pick.

Hawes ML, -130

For this next fight, all my sharp buddies are on Hawes -130. This has been a good night for dogs, but I think this fight is the quote and quote "free money" of the card just based on WHO was telling me they like this next pick.

Hawes ML, -130
"My tell was that Imavov leaves his hands low, and chin high

Recipe for disaster"

That's the "write up" I was given.

Parlay #2: 1 unit (+108)

Charles Rosa ML, -190
Ketlen Viera ML, -275

My general perspective is that there is less parity the further you go down the card. That is to say that the UFC knows they have animals and they let them feast at the end of the night.

Pelicans / Celtics U231.5

The past like 20 Pelicans games have gone over and they might have one of the smallest lineups / worst defenses in the league.

But as a linesmaker, the goal is going to catch the public when 3-4 of their games go under in a row. For those who can't tell, in my absence I bumped elbows with some contrarians and have learned you can make the most money when the public bleeds.

CFB Sicko said:
I am so confident in this pick, that I will refund up to $50 per person if it loses (exclusions apply). It starts in 15 minutes, the only qualifier if that you need to SHOW ME your ticket before the game starts if you want to be part of this promotion.

@greedygoat
@Courtjester
@facook
@beer 30
@jamil

You guys are my biggest supporters in here, I'd like to offer this to you guys first.
Sorry bud, just got home.  Appreciate the love though.

ETA: My knee jerk in looking at the games this morning was to follow the over trend on NO.  I passed...Boston a pretty decent under team and that number felt too high.  So I'm with  you.

Sorry bud, just got home.  Appreciate the love though.

ETA: My knee jerk in looking at the games this morning was to follow the over trend on NO.  I passed...Boston a pretty decent under team and that number felt too high.  So I'm with  you.

God bless.

Cavaliers / Thunder O220, -110 is my next lean. The game should go way over.

Bonus parlay: +685

Toronto ML, +140 (7PM ET)
Nuggets ML, -140 (7:30PM ET)
Bucks -9, -130 (buy a point, 9PM ET)

ETA:

All three of those parlay legs can be played straight up if you're looking for action. Toronto would be my slammer pick of the day if I wasn't so sure they are were going to score around 236 points in that ####### Cavaliers / Thunder game.

CFB Sicko said:
I am so confident in this pick, that I will refund up to $50 per person if it loses (exclusions apply). It starts in 15 minutes, the only qualifier if that you need to SHOW ME your ticket before the game starts if you want to be part of this promotion.

@greedygoat
@Courtjester
@facook
@beer 30
@jamil

You guys are my biggest supporters in here, I'd like to offer this to you guys first.
Disgusting beat.

Disgusting beat.
I'd be more upset if I wasn't so sure on the rest of the card. Better to get ####ed early than late. This does #### with the entire card though as now stupid public money is probably going to load up on Cleveland and #### my udner there.

Standing pat.

Cavaliers / Thunders O220

Sorry I missed the earlier bet--spent the afternoon doing taxes. Either I shouldn't drink while doing this or I really am a tax genius.  A nice 5k refund I know is like giving the government free money, but the Courtjester needs a new tv fund is now locked and fully funded. 

I am a chicken and took the +4.5 on Toronto and I am in on the Cav/OK over at 219.5 at MGM. 

Liberty -13.5 at home vs. North Alabama (12pm EST Monday)

Liberty has won 34 straight games at home while North Alabama has dropped their last five. The bad weather over much of last week in North Alabama has closed the campus and athletes have not been able to practice.

Sorry I missed the earlier bet--spent the afternoon doing taxes. Either I shouldn't drink while doing this or I really am a tax genius.  A nice 5k refund I know is like giving the government free money, but the Courtjester needs a new tv fund is now locked and fully funded. 

I am a chicken and took the +4.5 on Toronto and I am in on the Cav/OK over at 219.5 at MGM. 
LFG!!!

Pick of Day:

Heat / Thunder O212 (buy half point)

Other Picks:

Q1 - Bulls / Rockets U55.5

Q1 - Mavericks / Grizzlies U57.5

1H - Blazers / Suns O115

Jazz / Hornets under 228

Wizards +8 (0.25 unit on ML at +225)

Liberty -13.5 at home vs. North Alabama (12pm EST Monday)

Liberty has won 34 straight games at home while North Alabama has dropped their last five. The bad weather over much of last week in North Alabama has closed the campus and athletes have not been able to practice.
Great hit here. Looks like Liberty took it wire  wire. 👍

Pick of Day:

Heat / Thunder O212 (buy half point)

Other Picks:

Q1 - Bulls / Rockets U55.5

Q1 - Mavericks / Grizzlies U57.5

1H - Blazers / Suns O115

Jazz / Hornets under 228

Wizards +8 (0.25 unit on ML at +225)
CASH Q1 - BULLS / ROCKETS U55.5

Pick of Day:

Heat / Thunder O212 (buy half point) [L]

Other Picks:

Q1 - Bulls / Rockets U55.5 [W]

Q1 - Mavericks / Grizzlies U57.5 [W]

1H - Blazers / Suns O115 [W]

Jazz / Hornets under 228 [L]

Wizards +8 (0.25 unit on ML at +225) [W, both]
4-2 with a +225 ML hit, but I'm a jagoff because "Pick of the Day" lost.

😠😠😠

I know the Clippers are getting healthy, but Washington is one of the hottest teams in the league right now. 

Wash +12.5 seems like a good call here.

Kansas +3 (CBB, 9PM ET)

It's not my pick but I trust the source. Took the day off to work and go to gym with no distractions.

Guy who's pick this is probably has $5,000 to $10,000 on it. He calls it a Super Nuke.

Kansas +3 (CBB, 9PM ET)

It's not my pick but I trust the source. Took the day off to work and go to gym with no distractions.

Guy who's pick this is probably has $5,000 to $10,000 on it. He calls it a Super Nuke.
PUSH

Super nuke launch code initialization failed.

Brutal night. The NBA must have been running a "No team play defense" night because when you look at those final scores, they were way over. 

Both the Heat and Thunder's last two games have gone under. So my general strategy is to PRESS those until the over hits in one or both. Really like that Heat / Raptors over.

7:30PM
1H - Rockets / Cavaliers O112
1H - Warriors / Pacers U117
Q1 - Celtics / Hawks O55.5

8:00PM

Q1 - Pistons / Pelicans O56.5
1H - Raptors / Heat  [Pick of the Day]
1H - Twolves ML, +140 (0.5 unit)
Spurs / Thunder O217.5 [Pick of the Day #2]

10:00PM
Q1 - Lakers +3 / ML +170 (0.25 unit on ML)

Parlay (+556):

Celtics ML, -125
Hornets / Suns U225.5
Lakers / Jazz O218.5

Both the Heat and Thunder's last two games have gone under. So my general strategy is to PRESS those until the over hits in one or both. Really like that Heat / Raptors over.

Parlay (+556):

Celtics ML, -125
Hornets / Suns U225.5
Lakers / Jazz O218.5
What's that pick of the day homie?

I'm on Pels over 56.5 1 qtr and over 222.5 for the game.

Parlay (+556):

Celtics ML, -125
Hornets / Suns U225.5
Lakers / Jazz O218.5
CASH Q1 - Celtics / Hawks O55.5

Users who are viewing this thread