What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (21 Viewers)

Sonofa... Dumb DPI penalty, throw wasn’t even close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkey missed (and doinked) right again.  That has to be a record.

He’s gotta go.  We’re not winning anything without a good kicker.

Nice drive to get out of that funk.  2-point conversion confirms Parkey will be gone tomorrow.

Floyd gets a sack! One day short of a year since his last.

What should’ve been a great win devolved into “just a win.”  This coasting garbage has to stop.

Giving up an onside kick after they messed up the first one is unacceptable.

Of course we’re all glad we got the dub, but the way we just rolled over with a big lead sucks.  It just feels bad.

Nagy confirmed.

Saying there is “zero chance” for trying out kickers completely goes against what Pace said about always trying to make the team better.  Parkey is hurting this team and cannot be trusted.

Bears are notorious for sticking with failing kickers too long. Already cost us 1 game. Will likely cost us more down the road.  Would be a damn shame for Pace and Nagy to do such a good job and let that one move blow it. 

Even with their flaws, this will probably be the best team they've had in 8 years and they're still very young and learning. Very exciting time to be a Bears fan. Most of the core guys are locked up.  Need to re-sign Callahan. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Mitch is getting better right before our eyes. Looks so good in the pocket. I can't even remember watching a Bears qb grow like this. 

flapgreen said:
Bears kicking ###, but cut that pos Parkey already. 2 missed XPs. Already lost us a game. Guy is worthless 
This post had me laughing out loud and is a perfect example of the type of fan you are.  Always posting in the moment and overreacting.  It's humorous.

What kicker are the Bears going to replace Parkey with?  Look around the league and tell and you'll see that almost every team is struggling with their kicking game.  Fans from almost every team are saying the same as you and want a new kicker.  There is no help out there and it's not much better at the college level.

I'm ready to get rid of the kicker position in football.

This post had me laughing out loud and is a perfect example of the type of fan you are.  Always posting in the moment and overreacting.  It's humorous.

What kicker are the Bears going to replace Parkey with?  Look around the league and tell and you'll see that almost every team is struggling with their kicking game.  Fans from almost every team are saying the same as you and want a new kicker.  There is no help out there and it's not much better at the college level.

I'm ready to get rid of the kicker position in football.
This is a fantasy football forum where hyperbole runs rampant. Relax a little and don't take things so seriously, or just go away and place me on ignore. An opinion of some random guy on the internet of the type of fan I am doesn't mean anything to me. 

• Smile
This is a fantasy football forum where hyperbole runs rampant. Relax a little and don't take things so seriously, or just go away and place me on ignore. An opinion of some random guy on the internet of the type of fan I am doesn't mean anything to me. 
I was just giving some advice.  I think it would be a little healthier for you if you relaxed a bit more.  Lots of "The sky is falling!" moments from you.  Relax and enjoy, no need to get so defensive.  The Bear's are playing their best football in years.

This title reminds me of Major League:

"Listen up- we won a game today. We win one tomorrow, that's two in a row. We win the next one, that's called a winning streak. It has happened before." 

I was probably a little harsh there, but it's just a forum with guys chattering about football. It's not a big deal or something most people take seriously. 

I was probably a little harsh there, but it's just a forum with guys chattering about football. It's not a big deal or something most people take seriously. 
As for the kicker issue, what do you think needs to be done now that you've had a day to think about it?

Going into yesterday's game Parkey had missed three FGs and had yet to miss an extra point.

Parkey is now hitting FGs at a 72.7% rate.  I think he will bounce back, but statistically he is near the bottom of the league.  The Bears should at least be having conversations about who is available. 

Parkey is now hitting FGs at a 72.7% rate.  I think he will bounce back, but statistically he is near the bottom of the league.  The Bears should at least be having conversations about who is available. 
3rd highest paid kicker in the league, and would lose $3.5M in cap space if they cut him

not going anywhere 

Parkey’s simply not worth the $5.5M this year, which is roughly just over $200K per game (estimated after taxes).

I’ve been saying it for weeks, he consistently keeps hitting it right, wind or no wind.

He can take this week’s $200K and get a biomechanical analysis done on his kicking motion.  Get a custom boot made that reduces the draw.  Rent a suite at Soldier Field for a few hours a week (Uber if he can’t deal with the traffic).

Am I over-reacting?  Maybe.

Don’t forget, fan is short for fanatical.

Bears Mitchell Trubisky is on pace to become only the second QB ever to pass for 3500+ yards, throw 30+ TDs and run for 600+ yards.

The only other? Cam Newton during his MVP 2015 season.

• Smile
Even if he gets there, I bet he still doesn't make the pro bowl, much less the MVP. That's how the Bears players are done routinely. 

Users who are viewing this thread