What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (22 Viewers)

The Bears would look very incompetent if they let Jeffery go and signed Glennon.  Jeffery is looking for around $14M to $15M and it's not looking like he's going to get anything on the high end of that.  Glennon is also looking for $15M.  Cutler will be getting $12.5 if they keep him.  Hoyer could be ket for $8M to $9M.  How in the world does it make sense to sign Glennon?
Well you were right. Incompetence it is

Bears fans seem to be treating this signing as some sort of embarrassing disaster "because Mike Glennon"......obviously. I mean, it must be self-evident that he's terrible, even though he's barely played for 2 seasons.

I'm not saying he's going to come in and tear up the league, because that's very unlikely. But I guess I don't understand why people can't at least be open to the idea that Glennon might be okay, at least a league average starter (or slightly below, which is what this money represents). There seems to be this attitude around the media (not just in relation to Glennon) that players aren't capable of improving or that if you have demonstrated flaws in the past, they can't be overcome - if your first 'take' in relation to a player is negative, then that's who that player is forever more.

In the case of Glennon, he wasn't even terrible as a rookie. I would say that we don't have a big enough sample size yet to really know if he's a starter level QB or not - he's still young and unproven, but now he gets his chance. If he fails, he'll be out of the league in 2 years.

The money doesn't seem ridiculous to me since QB is the most expensive postion. Others have said that it's a lot to pay a backup QB....sure, but he was a backup on another team that had Winston. How do we know that he couldn't have started last year for other teams (including the Bears) and performed well? I don't want to sound like Glennon's biggest fan because I'm not but I just don't think the verdict is in yet and this move seems fine to me, givne the other available options, and that there still may be some upside here.
Embarrassing disaster 

Quit living in the past. Tomorrow brings another chance at victory. 

But, probably not against the Steelers. 

Love that pretty much everyone is laughing at the Bears. Anyone who thinks he's better than Jay has no clue about football. And we're paying him more. Pace and Fox will be gone within 2 years and the Bears left with #### again.  
This could still hold true, obviously does on Fox. 

Woah, title change. Been completely offline in Germany for a week. Looks like I didn't miss much and have some catching up to do....

Somebody explain to me why this team was able to almost beat the falcs in week 1? Was it the surprise use of Cohen?
I pointed this out during that game, and the week after. With less and less practice time prior to the season, you never know how good or bad a team is going to be until a few weeks into the season. (except the Bears).  The Patriots are a prime example. They didn't look very good week one. But, I'd still expect them to go deep into the playoffs. Only to lose to my new favorite team, the Chiefs, in the AFC Championship game. 

Tre McBride waived. 4 WRs active. Bears current group of WRs. 2 players that were phased out of their offenses last year & 2 ST'ers. Great strategy, Pace. Playmakers galore going into your 3rd year 

Last edited by a moderator:
flapgreen said:
Tre McBride waived. 4 WRs active. Bears current group of WRs. 2 players that were phased out of their offenses last year & 2 ST'ers. Great strategy, Pace. Playmakers galore going into your 3rd year 
Wow, putting it like that, it's strange to see the Bears not put out feelers for FA or practice squad guys like Royal, Reuben Randle, Cruz, Dorial Beckham-Green, Cecil Shorts, or Donteea Dye.

Not saying these guys are head and shoulders above the rest, but maybe a bit more proven and utile than guys they already have?

Bears could've had Arians, Gase, Mcvay, Shanahan. Instead, Trestman and Fox
Said it before and I'll continue to say it.  We could've had Dan Quinn.  Even though the Falcons choked in the SB, he turned their lackluster program around in less than two seasons.

Said it before and I'll continue to say it.  We could've had Dan Quinn.  Even though the Falcons choked in the SB, he turned their lackluster program around in less than two seasons.

LIterally

:bag:  If I was Fangio, I'd be furious.  This team has not known how to go for the throat for years and years.

The Tick said:
pace should be sitting in front of his locker and tell him that we need to talk.
Equipment manager tells him that they want to see him in the front office. And bring your playbook. 

Users who are viewing this thread