What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joe Mixon, HOU (4 Viewers)

LOL I needed to bench him to get him going.

Tough matchup this week but this past week was encouraging in terms of usage.  They gotta keep using him in the passing game.

-QG
I traded for him so you can expect mediocrity or injury or both from here on out with the way my season is going.

Joe Mixon (shin) is practicing Friday.

According to beat writer Ben Baby, Mixon looks like his normal self and should be fine for Week 5 against the Ravens coming off his three-touchdown flaming of the Jaguars. Mixon is a top-10 fantasy back moving forward.

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter

Oct 9, 2020, 12:04 PM ET

I traded for him so you can expect mediocrity or injury or both from here on out with the way my season is going.
Owning Mixon is like that except after you’re mathematically eliminated from every positive outcome in your league he starts putting up numbers lol.

Not even his fault as much as it just generally takes Cincy a couple months to find their groove.  Shoot, A.J. Green just showed up for the 2019 season last month.

Active week 5 
Rotoworld:

Joe Mixon (shin) is active for Week 5 against the Ravens. 

Mixon was listed as questionable on the final injury report but did everything in practice on Friday. Like many running backs, Mixon is dealing with wear and tear as we enter the middle part of the schedule. Mixon's usage on third downs in Week 4 was encouraging for his season-long outlook, but we'll see if that was an outlier or a trend this week. Mixon likely needs to catch a few passes in comeback mode to pay off as an RB1 this week. The Bengals are two-touchdown underdogs.

Oct 11, 2020, 11:36 AM ET

Joe Mixon (foot) is questionable to return for Week 6 against the Colts.

Mixon injured his foot during the team's fourth possession before Randy Bullock kicked a field goal to put the Bengals up 24-7 in the second quarter. With Trayveon Williams inactive, Giovani Bernard will handle the workload until Mixon's status for the remainder of the game is known.

SOURCE: Cincinnati Bengals on Twitter

Oct 18, 2020, 2:16 PM ET

Joe Mixon rushed 18 times for 54 yards and one score, catching 2-of-3 targets for 15 receiving yards in Cincinnati's Week 6 loss to the Colts.

Mixon actually exited for a short period in the first half but was able to return after the intermission. His lone touchdown was set up by Tee Higgins' (6/125) 67-yard catch along the sideline in the second quarter. WIth 47 carries in his last three starts, Mixon's role (assuming he's healthy in Week 7) remains that of a workhorse RB1. Fantasy players should continue starting him with confidence in Cincinnati's next game against Cleveland.

Oct 18, 2020, 5:55 PM ET

Didn’t get to watch the game. But seemed he could have nearly had a 3 TD game. That first one went to Bernard had me worried.
He SHOULD have had a 3 td game if he'd capitalized on his opportunities. 

He played extremely poorly today. Sucked to see because he finally got a game where the offense played well and he blew his opportunities. 

Bernard got a goal line TD after Mixon failed to convert inside the 5. Then on the next drive he got stopped inside the 5 again and then dropped a TD pass that hit him in the chest in the end zone, and then Burrow snuck it in himself from the one after that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet I wish I'd started him.  Instead I played Mattison.  Well it's probably my fault Mattison sucked and Mixon didn't.  LOL

All quiet on the western front on whether his foot injury was serious. I know he came back in. 

Are Mixon owners grabbing Gio now just to be safe? I’d be screwed if he sat, as my current 1-2 punch of Sanders and Mixon would be on the bench.

All quiet on the western front on whether his foot injury was serious. I know he came back in. 

Are Mixon owners grabbing Gio now just to be safe? I’d be screwed if he sat, as my current 1-2 punch of Sanders and Mixon would be on the bench.
I picked Bernard up off the waiver wire. Peace of mind in case news comes out that he can't go for some reason

I picked Bernard up off the waiver wire. Peace of mind in case news comes out that he can't go for some reason
As did I. Although I dropped someone I did not want to. Was up in the middle of the night reading and this was the last realty source of info I could find. Just seemed really vague about it and got me worried enough to grab Gio. As a Sanders and Mixon owner, I may be starting Boston and Gio this week.

https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1318269295613325312?s=20

“Bengals coach Zac Taylor said they're waiting for more information on RB Joe Mixon's foot injury. Will find out more today or tomorrow. Said Mixon was available at the end of yesterday but Gio Bernard was best for the two-minute offense.”

Grab gio for now. Slightly concerning they "protected" a practice squad rb. Which essentially means no other team can sign him this week. 

Errrr...time to panic? OR at least grab Gio.

Could swear we saw this movie before where Mixon didn't practice all week, played, and scored 40 fantasy points.

Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

Zac Taylor said he doesn't expect RB Joe Mixon to practice. Doesn't have an update on his injury status aside from that.

1:32 PM · Oct 21, 2020·TweetDeck

As did I. Although I dropped someone I did not want to. Was up in the middle of the night reading and this was the last realty source of info I could find. Just seemed really vague about it and got me worried enough to grab Gio. As a Sanders and Mixon owner, I may be starting Boston and Gio this week.

https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1318269295613325312?s=20

“Bengals coach Zac Taylor said they're waiting for more information on RB Joe Mixon's foot injury. Will find out more today or tomorrow. Said Mixon was available at the end of yesterday but Gio Bernard was best for the two-minute offense.”
I know not about Mixon but debating if I should grab Bernard (don't own Mixon), but who'd you drop? I'm debating D'ERnest Johnson.

I feel like, as someone else said, we've seen this before and it could be all for nothing and he plays and plays well.

I know not about Mixon but debating if I should grab Bernard (don't own Mixon), but who'd you drop? I'm debating D'ERnest Johnson.

I feel like, as someone else said, we've seen this before and it could be all for nothing and he plays and plays well.
I just dropped Gus Edwards for Gio. With the Gus Bus on bye, I think there's a decent chance he stays on waivers anyway.

As someone who just lost Mostert and picked up Gio, would sure like some Mixon clarity. We sure haven't gotten an all clear message on Mixon that's for sure.

It's comical to me that these blurbs always say "he's a RB1 you can start with confidence!" when in reality we're praying for a few catches or a rare TD to balance out his 3 yards per carry.

...Of course with byes and injuries it's not as if I have options, so it's either him or I slot in Gio this week.

I've been saying this for a few years now and will still say it.  With respect to PPR fantasy I have more confidence starting Gio when Mixon is out then I do starting Mixon when Gio is healthy. 

This is not intended as a knock on Mixon.  Hard offense to run behind and Gio steals some of his key passing game usage when he's healthy. When Mixon is out Gio seems to have a higher floor then Mixon with Gio eating into his workload.

Bengals RB Joe Mixon (foot) did not practice Thursday. 

Mixon didn't practice Wednesday either, meaning his Friday status will likely determine his availability against the Browns. Mixon had his usual workhorse role before leaving last week's game against the Colts. Gio Bernard would take over as the team's primary ball carrier if Mixon is out. Bernard would be a high-end RB3 in Week 7 against Cleveland, with more value in PPR formats. 

RELATED: 

Giovani Bernard

SOURCE: Tyler Dragon on Twitter 

Oct 22, 2020, 2:09 PM ET

any Bengals fans know how Taylor normally plays injuries?  

Wondering if he normally plays games?

I've been saying this for a few years now and will still say it.  With respect to PPR fantasy I have more confidence starting Gio when Mixon is out then I do starting Mixon when Gio is healthy. 

This is not intended as a knock on Mixon.  Hard offense to run behind and Gio steals some of his key passing game usage when he's healthy. When Mixon is out Gio seems to have a higher floor then Mixon with Gio eating into his workload.
I 100% agree, with the only difference being that I do intend it as somewhat of a knock on Mixon.

Picked  up Gio, and am going to try and flip him to the Mixon owner for Snell to cover my Conner 

weird that he’s been holding my handcuff, while allowing his to sit on the wire 

Ugh.

Anyone know Mixon's track record of playing on Sunday, but not practicing all week? Or Z. Taylor's philosophy on letting players play without practice?

Jay Morrison

@JayMorrisonATH

On his morning appearance on WLW, Zac Taylor called Joe Mixon day-to-day and said he likely won’t practice today. Official injury report should be out by 1. #Bengals

8:39 AM · Oct 23, 2020 from Hamilton, OH·Twitter for iPhone

Ugh.

Anyone know Mixon's track record of playing on Sunday, but not practicing all week? Or Z. Taylor's philosophy on letting players play without practice?

Jay Morrison

@JayMorrisonATH

On his morning appearance on WLW, Zac Taylor called Joe Mixon day-to-day and said he likely won’t practice today. Official injury report should be out by 1. #Bengals

8:39 AM · Oct 23, 2020 from Hamilton, OH·Twitter for iPhone
If it’s minor and better to heal, I’d rather see him sit. But I own Gio. My RB1 and RB2 of Boston Scott and Gio might pay dividend this weekend, and is why I usually line the handcuff mentality.

I did see this tweet yesterday. If it’s a grade 1 foot sprain, 3 days is the suggested healing time. So he’d be on track to play, and the non practice makes sense in that regard. But I haven’t even see if that’s exactly what the injury is, as it seems mostly to be speculation.

https://twitter.com/fbinjurydoc/status/1319106437683974144?s=10

Think it’s more than a one week thing? So where do y’all rank Gio this week?
I tend to think it's a two week thing with the bye coming in week 9.

I can't say were I'd rank Gio but I'm starting him with confidence were I have him and alluding to a post I made a little higher up in this thread actually starting him with more confidence then I would Mixon, think he has a higher floor.

I tend to think it's a two week thing with the bye coming in week 9.

I can't say were I'd rank Gio but I'm starting him with confidence were I have him and alluding to a post I made a little higher up in this thread actually starting him with more confidence then I would Mixon, think he has a higher floor.
Good point on the week 9 bye.  TN matchup next week isn't great anyway.

Good point on the week 9 bye.  TN matchup next week isn't great anyway.
Yep, and you're not making the playoffs, no need to rush your franchise RB back.  Burrow is going to need him at his best next year.  Gonna lose the titans game either way probably.

As a Gio owner but not a Mixon owner, I'm trying to acquire Mixon now. 
That's an interesting idea...I tried trading Gio to the Mixon owner, but they didn't want to give what I wanted.  But maybe I'll offer up a RB they can use NOW and send me Mixon in return.

Given zero practice and how early he was ruled out I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that it’s a more serious injury - e.g. turf toe or lisfranc

Given zero practice and how early he was ruled out I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that it’s a more serious injury - e.g. turf toe or lisfranc
Sure would be nice to have some idea on the injury.   If it serious and a 4-6 week time table for return, he is a drop in redraft.  

Users who are viewing this thread