What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joe Mixon, HOU (2 Viewers)

Had him on my do not draft list, but the large number of WR keepers in my auction forced me his way as a RB2 behind Cook for $44 :yucky:

Had him on my do not draft list, but the large number of WR keepers in my auction forced me his way as a RB2 behind Cook for $44 :yucky:

$44 out of $?? 

I love Mixon as a RB2 this year. I never liked him as a RB1. I didn't think I'd have a chance picking 1.01, but I wasn't going to pass on the volume as a 2.12 RB2. 

Hopefully it works out for us. 

$44 out of $?? 

I love Mixon as a RB2 this year. I never liked him as a RB1. I didn't think I'd have a chance picking 1.01, but I wasn't going to pass on the volume as a 2.12 RB2. 

Hopefully it works out for us. 

Out of $200 in a 10 team PPR.

For context, I got Cook for $66. Got a bit trapped due to a large amount of WR keepers and winning Josh Allen for $26 against the Buffalo fan in the league. Mixon ended up being the last player I had a $40+ valuation on the board, so I knew he had to be acquired. It was a tough auction this year in a league I typically win the draft in.

That late RB1 tier is pretty scary this year. I think Ekler and JT are very unlikely to be worth their ADP. Hard to ignore at the turn to pair with Mcaffery. Mixon at least has a lot of volume to count on, but that OL and overall reports out of camp look very worrisome. There is upside to swing at here. 

People that don't watch games/tape may not realize how good of an NFL player Giovani Bernard still is too. I always thought having him was capping Mixon's upside. A guy that contributed in ways that don't always show up on the FF stats.

Out of $200 in a 10 team PPR.

For context, I got Cook for $66. Got a bit trapped due to a large amount of WR keepers and winning Josh Allen for $26 against the Buffalo fan in the league. Mixon ended up being the last player I had a $40+ valuation on the board, so I knew he had to be acquired. It was a tough auction this year in a league I typically win the draft in.

That late RB1 tier is pretty scary this year. I think Ekler and JT are very unlikely to be worth their ADP. Hard to ignore at the turn to pair with Mcaffery. Mixon at least has a lot of volume to count on, but that OL and overall reports out of camp look very worrisome. There is upside to swing at here. 

People that don't watch games/tape may not realize how good of an NFL player Giovani Bernard still is too. I always thought having him was capping Mixon's upside. A guy that contributed in ways that don't always show up on the FF stats.
I like the move. You’re set at WR, got a top 2 QB & Mixon is your RB2?

sounds like a winning recipe. 👍🏼

I am in on Mixon this year. My main fear is that he disappears when we need him the most (fantasy play-offs).
The age old issue with the Bengals. 6 games in a brutal division & they don’t get to play themselves.

I’m hoping the receptions keep his floor high. With Bernard gone, I expect him to be a little less gameflow dependent.

That’s the hope anyway. 

And he if fades, hopefully that’s when JaWill is coming on to a larger role since he’s my RB3. 

I like the move. You’re set at WR, got a top 2 QB & Mixon is your RB2?

sounds like a winning recipe. 👍🏼

Nope. I meant there were a large amount of WR keepers league wide. So there were only a few top 10 options making them too costly to acquire. Ended up with Allen Robinson ($24) as my WR1 with either Jeudy ($7) or Claypool (kept for $5) as WR2. David Montgomery (kept for $12) in the flex is nice, but will also be playing TE roulette all year.

That's a lot of posting about my team, but I find auctions fascinating to discuss. Once I realized I had whiffed on WR, I moved to get Mixon knowing where the overall tiers were at.

Nope. I meant there were a large amount of WR keepers league wide. So there were only a few top 10 options making them too costly to acquire. Ended up with Allen Robinson ($24) as my WR1 with either Jeudy ($7) or Claypool (kept for $5) as WR2.
I’d probably keep Claypool myself, though I understand keeping either. 

ARob is perpetually underrated. 

Dynasty... my league is really low on Mixon.  I was offered Aiyuk straight up for Mixon.  

I have an embarrassment of riches at RB (CMC, Henry, Chubb, AJones, Hunt, Mixon, MDavis).  I can start 3 RB and 1 WR. I have Hopkins (who isn't getting any younger) and Godwin and that is about it.

Worth unloading Mixon for Aiyuk?

I think he will have a good year, but the only week he would start for me is when CMC, Henry, Chubb, Jones and Hunt are all on a bye!

Dynasty... my league is really low on Mixon.  I was offered Aiyuk straight up for Mixon.  

I have an embarrassment of riches at RB (CMC, Henry, Chubb, AJones, Hunt, Mixon, MDavis).  I can start 3 RB and 1 WR. I have Hopkins (who isn't getting any younger) and Godwin and that is about it.

I think he will have a good year, but the only week he would start for me is when CMC, Henry, Chubb, Jones and Hunt are all on a bye!
Mixon as your RB5 is infinitely expendable. Take Aiyuk and laugh maniacally. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Starsky & Hutch

DO IT

/Starsky & Hutch

He may be way underrated but I still think you can get a better WR than Aiyuk for him.

Joe Mixon rushed 18 times for 90 yards, adding a single catch for four yards in the Bengals' Week 3 win over the Steelers.

He may have posted disappointing numbers for a presumptive RB1 but his usage was still great. Backup Samaje Perine and Chris Evans combined for just three carries. The only concern would be Mixon's split of the backfield targets. His backups saw three looks in the passing while he was only targeted once. The Bengals didn't use their backups in the passing game much through two weeks so it's likely that Evans' role in Week 3 was a fluke. Mixon should run roughshod over the Jaguars en route to a bounce-back outing next week.

Joe Mixon rushed 16 times for 67 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Week 4 win over the Jaguars. 

Mixon "added" one reception for no gain. Mixon was creating early headaches on third downs, where he kept ceding snaps to Samaje Perine. It seemed to mostly be a matter of load management, but it is notable it came in those passing situations. Mixon then missed the end of the game as he battled a "minor" ankle injury in the words of coach Zac Taylor. Mixon's injuries have had a way of lingering, but he has 10 days to get healthy for Week 5 against the Packers. Mixon certainly did not seem to be battling a high-ankle sprain on the sideline. He will be a low-end RB1 for what could be a high-scoring affair. 

SOURCE: Kelsey Conway on Twitter 

Sep 30, 2021, 11:51 PM ET

Glad to see it was a low grade ankle sprain, looked a lot worse when it happened. Bengals will definitely need him against GB this week. 

Glad to see it was a low grade ankle sprain, looked a lot worse when it happened. Bengals will definitely need him against GB this week. 
I'd be shocked if he was playing next week. Week to week means at least 1 missed game 99% of the time, and Mixon(and the Bengals as a whole) are about the last ones I'd expect to be the 1%. I think its just as likely we don't see him until November than we see him on Sunday. 

To elaborate, Mixon was "week to week" for 2 months last year. AJ Green was "week to week" for pretty much all of 2019. If anything, I'd be trying to sell Mixon under the impression that he might not miss much time. 

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I can't help but think we've seen this movie several times now. It doesn't end with, "I'm sure glad I have Joe Mixon"

I'd be shocked if he was playing next week. Week to week means at least 1 missed game 99% of the time, and Mixon(and the Bengals as a whole) are about the last ones I'd expect to be the 1%. I think its just as likely we don't see him until November than we see him on Sunday. 

To elaborate, Mixon was "week to week" for 2 months last year. AJ Green was "week to week" for pretty much all of 2019. If anything, I'd be trying to sell Mixon under the impression that he might not miss much time. 

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I can't help but think we've seen this movie several times now. It doesn't end with, "I'm sure glad I have Joe Mixon"
While I can certainly see that point of view, the Bengals are 3-1 and look competitive.  BAL and CLE are good but they are beatable.  So I suspect Mixon is going to want to get better soon.  Last year CIN was going nowhere and Burrow was out with a torn ACL.  No reason to really play Mixon at well less than 100%.

My guess that he misses 1 game.  I would be a lot more concerned it were a HAS.

The dreaded “week to week”. Godspeed and good luck Mixon owners. 

After going through this nonsense with this clown Zac Taylor last season, I avoided Mixon in all drafts this year. Until Taylor gets canned (hopefully soon) I told myself I wasn’t going to deal with that headache anymore. Taylor is the worst type of coach. A guy who thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room by implementing dumb strategies in “gamesmanship” by supposedly keeping his opponents guessing rather than use the IR effectively.

What makes it even worse in Cincy’s case is the general incompetence of their beat reporters. Looking for any insight from Ben Baby was a fool’s errand last season. The “dancing on the sideline wearing a hoody” reports. What a mess that was.

Anyway, I do hope it goes better this time around for all of you. But for this reason, the Joe Mixon experience wasn’t one I was willing to go for this year. 

This guy gets it. Anyone who isn’t concerned with this turn of events clearly has never owned Joe Mixon (or more specifically, an injured player under Zac Taylor) before. 

The dreaded “week to week”. Godspeed and good luck Mixon owners. 

After going through this nonsense with this clown Zac Taylor last season, I avoided Mixon in all drafts this year. Until Taylor gets canned (hopefully soon) I told myself I wasn’t going to deal with that headache anymore. Taylor is the worst type of coach. A guy who thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room by implementing dumb strategies in “gamesmanship” by supposedly keeping his opponents guessing rather than use the IR effectively.

What makes it even worse in Cincy’s case is the general incompetence of their beat reporters. Looking for any insight from Ben Baby was a fool’s errand last season. The “dancing on the sideline wearing a hoody” reports. What a mess that was.

Anyway, I do hope it goes better this time around for all of you. But for this reason, the Joe Mixon experience wasn’t one I was willing to go for this year. 
I think it’s more organizational than Taylor.  Marvin Lewis was also terrible at giving you the true picture of an injury.  That being said, I don’t think it’s going to be that bad.  I could have sworn I saw him jumping around after the game winning field goal.  

I think it’s more organizational than Taylor.  Marvin Lewis was also terrible at giving you the true picture of an injury.  That being said, I don’t think it’s going to be that bad.  I could have sworn I saw him jumping around after the game winning field goal.  
The question is... was he dancing and was he wearing a hoody? Get Ben Baby on the case.

Good point though. Organizational does sound right. Also makes sense when you factor this in to the Bengals historical incompetence. 

So how many of you are putting in a claim for Samaje?
If I’m a Mixon owner, which I’ve been multiple times in the past including last year but passed this season for this very reason, I think you have to try and roster Samaje unless you are deep at RB. If you wait, expecting you will get actionable intel before the weekend, it’s most likely not coming. This is the Zac Taylor way: idiotic subterfuge that he thinks is some form of smart gamesmanship. 

Joe Mixon (ankle) is not practicing Wednesday.

Not a promising start to the practice week for Mixon after coach Zac Taylor labeled him "day to day" with a "low-grade" sprain suffered late in the Week 4 win over the Jaguars. If Mixon sits against the Packers, Samaje Perine and Chris Evans will likely tag-team backfield duties with Perine as the favorite for carries.

RELATED: 

Samaje Perine

, Chris Evans

Oct 6, 2021, 4:27 PM ET

Joe Mixon (ankle) remained sidelined at Bengals practice Thursday. 

Mixon is supposedly day to day with a "low" sprain, but you would typically be able to practice on a "low" sprain a week after the fact. We would consider Mixon doubtful for Sunday's game against the Packers, though even a "limited" return on Friday would put him on track to play. It's possible the Bengals are just keeping him off his feet for as long as possible. The Bengals have said Samaje Perine and sixth-round rookie Chris Evans would form a committee in Mixon's absence. Perine would be the chairman, and the only one worth gambling on as a FLEX. 

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter 

Oct 7, 2021, 1:48 PM ET

Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said Joe Mixon (ankle) will practice Saturday to determine his status for Week 5 against the Packers. 

It's not looking great for Mixon after a week of working to the side during Bengals practices as the team preps for Green Bay. Mixon drafters should assume he'll miss this week with what the team has called a "low" ankle sprain, presumably to avoid mass panic among Bengals faithful (and fantasy managers scarred from Mixon's 2020 season). Samaje Perine and Chris Evans will reportedly split backfield duties for Cincy if Mixon is out. Evans would be the more valuable PPR option if the Bengals play from behind against the Packers, who have allowed an average of 6.25 running back catches per game. 

RELATED: 

Samaje Perine

, Chris Evans

SOURCE: Pat Carey on Twitter 

Oct 8, 2021, 12:26 PM ET

So I'm guessing the nearly 275 ranking by FBG reflects the fact that Mixon is likely to get injured? I'm new, and I heard about how he got injured last year, and how the coaching staff was dishonest about it. So I said the hell with this and traded him away for Helaire. Best I could get. But I also have Samaje on my bench, and the guy I traded to didn't ask about the backup. Was it wrong not to just volunteer Perine?

Why is it always reported that this guy is wearing a hoodie when he’s on the sideline at practice?
Ben Baby 👶🏻 and Tyler Dragon 🐉 (are these real names?) only are permitted to report on the attire of injured players, not their actual game status. Seriously, for as dumb as Taylor is with his hide the injury “gamesmanship” these Cincy beat reporters are some of the worst in the league. They were completely incapable of getting useful news on a weekly basis, and when the eventual news about Mixon came out, they were completely scooped by the national press. 

Sounds like Mixon got through a workout OK this morning and "trending towards playing"... early game tomorrow, so we'll get the final word on activity then.

I almost need to trot him out there if active, but not feeling confident of a normal workload.

Sounds like Mixon got through a workout OK this morning and "trending towards playing"... early game tomorrow, so we'll get the final word on activity then.

I almost need to trot him out there if active, but not feeling confident of a normal workload.
I wouldnt

Ben Baby 👶🏻 and Tyler Dragon 🐉 (are these real names?) only are permitted to report on the attire of injured players, not their actual game status. Seriously, for as dumb as Taylor is with his hide the injury “gamesmanship” these Cincy beat reporters are some of the worst in the league. They were completely incapable of getting useful news on a weekly basis, and when the eventual news about Mixon came out, they were completely scooped by the national press. 
Aren’t all “beat reporters” now employed by their teams?    Glorified press agents 

can’t bite the hand that feeds 

I’m starting him over Chubba :shrug:  

I've got Mixon & Samaje.  hopefully some info from pre-game workouts comes out.  As it stands now it's a cluster.  I have D. Cook on this same team.  woe is me.
I have Perine as well. 

right now I’m rockin Henderson (17+), Mixon, Higgins, DJMoore & AJGreen with Mooney at Flex.

if Mixon is out I’ll have to choose between Chubba or Perine. 

man, seems like a lot of injuries this year early.
Tell me about it. CMC, Mixon, Higgins, Henderson, Anthony Walker, Everett, Gallup, Ridley (personal) - it’s been a bloodbath. 

Somehow 4-0, trying for 5-0 though. 

I've got Mixon & Samaje.  hopefully some info from pre-game workouts comes out.  As it stands now it's a cluster.  I have D. Cook on this same team.  woe is me.

man, seems like a lot of injuries this year early.
I have Perine as well. 

right now I’m rockin Henderson (17+), Mixon, Higgins, DJMoore & AJGreen with Mooney at Flex.

if Mixon is out I’ll have to choose between Chubba or Perine
Carson is my RB2.  With him out I took a chance and picked up Perine.  If Mixon goes I’ll have to choose between Hines or Singletary.  🤮

Users who are viewing this thread