What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MSNBC Thread*** (1 Viewer)

What part?  What do you base this on?
How can Comey state to the FICA court (or whatever it’s called) that everything in report is true the a few days later tell trump it’s an unverified report?  

This appears to be weaponization of government against trump that failed and I want to know if any wrong doing occurred. Big dog Barr is going to be on it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How can Comey state to the FICA court (or whatever it’s called) that everything in report is true the a few days later tell trump it’s an unverified report?  

This appears to be weaponization of government against trump that failed and I want to know if any wrong doing occurred. Big dog Barr is going to be on it. 
Everything in what report?  You realize the “salacious and unverified” thing wasnt about the whole dossier, right?  Nor was the whole dossier used in the FISA documents/court.

That isn’t weaponization of anything other than using known intelligence and facts which multiple federal judges had to sign off on.

And Barr is going to do something about that?

That is what I though I heard.  How could they not after all the lies she spun and hours she invested in the phony Russian conspiracy theory.
She spun no lies, at least any that I could see in the link provided. Most of that was speculation on her part or asking hypotheticals, but not statements of facts on her part.

I used to watch Maddow almost every night but it seems all she talked about was Trump/Russians which was fine at first but after a year or so it got too repetitive. I want to hear other news as well.

That was before they morphed into the liberal/progressive voice of cable news that they are today.
More of a corporate Democrat network than anything else.  If they were actually progressive, and not a bunch of empty suits owned by Comcast, they wouldn't platform Bill Kristol.  

More of a corporate Democrat network than anything else.  If they were actually progressive, and not a bunch of empty suits owned by Comcast, they wouldn't platform Bill Kristol.  
I haven't seen them platform Bill Kristol. He is on occasionally as a voice for the other side but you make it sound like he has his own show.

Maddow`s show still in a nose dive. Squis- :sadbanana: ?

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow,  posted its lowest-rated month since Donald Trump took office, finishing May in third place overall with a total audience of 2.61 million viewers. Maddow's MSNBC colleagues Lawrence O'Donnell and Chris Hayes also finished in the top ten overall, with O'Donnell's The Last Word drawing 2 million total viewers (6th place overall), and Hayes' All In reaching 1.6 million viewers (9th place overall).

CNN continued to struggle in third place, with none of the network's prime-time shows breaking one million total viewers. Cuomo Prime Time, the network's highest-rated show, drew an audience of 938,000 total viewers, finishing in 25th place overall, behind programs airing on Fox and MSNBC in daytime and late night when viewership is typically significantly lower than in prime. CNN's Anderson Cooper finished the month in 26th place, with a total audience of 916,000 viewers.

Overall, Fox News had the largest audience in prime, with an average of 2.388 million viewers, followed by MSNBC with 1.654 million. Compared to the same period one year ago, both Fox and MSNBC were flat, while CNN, which drew 761,000 viewers in May, fell 9% compared to one year ago.

I haven't seen them platform Bill Kristol. He is on occasionally as a voice for the other side but you make it sound like he has his own show.
Here they are, platforming "woke" Bill Kristol: https://youtu.be/SnAGwA9zmI8

When did Bill Kristol, a bloodthirsty psychopath who shilled the Iraq War, become the representative for 'the other side'?   There are conservatives who oppose war and Kristol's disastrous neocon brand.  It's pretty gross of MSNBC to allow him to soil the airwaves.

Here they are, platforming "woke" Bill Kristol: https://youtu.be/SnAGwA9zmI8

When did Bill Kristol, a bloodthirsty psychopath who shilled the Iraq War, become the representative for 'the other side'?   There are conservatives who oppose war and Kristol's disastrous neocon brand.  It's pretty gross of MSNBC to allow him to soil the airwaves.
Don't give me one isolated December 2018 clip and then claim it is proof that MSNBC is platforming Bill Kristol. Please.

Walter Cronkite unnerved a nation 56 years ago, by taking off his glasses.

The video has been seen by countless millions over the decades: Cronkite announcing on live television in 1963 the death of President Kennedy. He stops for a moment, removes his glasses, composes himself and moves on. That gesture rattled Americans because they expected journalists to convey a calm sense of authority, a reassuring stoicism in the face of Cold War standoffs, civil unrest and even the assassination of a president.

Things have changed. Emotion now blankets the media landscape like an infant’s crib at bedtime. Google “Shepard Smith emotional,” and up come nearly 3 million results, many of them focused on the Fox anchor’s recent visceral response to immigrant suffering. A search of “Rachel Maddow crying” delivers more than 1 million offerings, many for the MSNBC host’s reaction to border detentions and the Mueller report. “Brooke Baldwin tears” uncovers nearly 2 million entries for the CNN reporter’s reaction to a variety of news events.

They are not alone. Contemporary culture trusts feelings over facts, rewards heated emotion — tears or anger — and rejects medium cool. The effect on journalism is unmistakable. And a lot of the blame can be placed on those all-too-common twin devils: television and the internet.

From the earliest days of television, journalists understood the power of an image to overwhelm objectivity. That’s why Cronkite and others worked hard to present the news without emotional cues: no raised eyebrows, head-shaking, or wide-eyed incredulity. They presented the news simply, expecting this would counteract that gut-level response all humans have to striking images.
https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/452148-could-i-have-some-news-with-my-emotions-please

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-wins-ratings-cnn-struggles

Fox News dominates basic cable ratings for 37th straight month; CNN’s troubles continue

“Hannity” finished the month as the most-watched cable news program, averaging 3.3 million nightly viewers. “Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished second, averaging 3.1 million followed by “The Ingraham Angle” and “The Five,” as MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” fell to fifth.

CNN’s most-watched program was “Cuomo Prime Time,” which finished No. 24 overall, behind 14 different Fox News shows and nine programs on MSNBC.

It was MSNBC’s worst performance in the demo since President Trump took office as Maddow, the network's biggest star, has been accused of floating wild “Russian conspiracy theories” that blew up during former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's testimony.

Fox News dominates basic cable ratings for 37th straight month; CNN’s troubles continue

“Hannity” finished the month as the most-watched cable news program, averaging 3.3 million nightly viewers. “Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished second, averaging 3.1 million followed by “The Ingraham Angle” and “The Five,” as MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” fell to fifth.

CNN’s most-watched program was “Cuomo Prime Time,” which finished No. 24 overall, behind 14 different Fox News shows and nine programs on MSNBC.

It was MSNBC’s worst performance in the demo since President Trump took office as Maddow, the network's biggest star, has been accused of floating wild “Russian conspiracy theories” that blew up during former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's testimony.
The message of that article is that CNN and MSNBC only get high ratings when they stop doing news and start acting more like Fox.

Good.

Usually when MSNBC and CNN do well in ratings, I don't like their shows as much. The fact that they are struggling means the content is better for me.

Since this thread started, people like the guy who has a nickname for always being wrong, have repeatedly called Rachel Maddow a hack.

Well, a hack doesn't take on or criticize their parent company like Maddow did tonight with NBC. In an interview with Ronan Farrow, she took NBC to task over their handling of the Harvey Weinstein sexual assault allegations. NBC apparently, according to Farrow, tried to bury the story. 

Will provide a link regarding the Farrow interview as soon as available. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/rachel-maddow-drops-bombshell-on-nbc-news-during-ronan-farrow-interview/#.XbOsYApRpuI.twitter

Rachel Maddow drops bombshell on NBC News during Ronan Farrow interview

MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow broke major news during an interview with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ronan Farrow on Friday.

The host noted the “consternation” at NBC News after the major news stories on Harvey Weinstein and the “Access Hollywood” tapes of Donald Trump bragging about sexual assault had to “leave the building” if they were to be reported.

She also confirmed that NBC News had “paused” Farrow’s investigation of Weinstein.

The host also broke news, getting a statement from her own network that they would release everyone from confidentiality agreements preventing them from discussing their cases.

“Any former NBC News employee who believes that they cannot disclose their experience with sexual harassment as a result of a confidently or non-disparagement provision in the separation agreement should contact NBCUniversal and we will release them from that perceived obligation,” the company stated.

Farrow praised the decision.

Watch part 1 and 2 of interview segment at above link

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/rachel-maddow-drops-bombshell-on-nbc-news-during-ronan-farrow-interview/#.XbOsYApRpuI.twitter

Rachel Maddow drops bombshell on NBC News during Ronan Farrow interview

MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow broke major news during an interview with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ronan Farrow on Friday.

The host noted the “consternation” at NBC News after the major news stories on Harvey Weinstein and the “Access Hollywood” tapes of Donald Trump bragging about sexual assault had to “leave the building” if they were to be reported.

She also confirmed that NBC News had “paused” Farrow’s investigation of Weinstein.

The host also broke news, getting a statement from her own network that they would release everyone from confidentiality agreements preventing them from discussing their cases.

“Any former NBC News employee who believes that they cannot disclose their experience with sexual harassment as a result of a confidently or non-disparagement provision in the separation agreement should contact NBCUniversal and we will release them from that perceived obligation,” the company stated.

Farrow praised the decision.

Watch part 1 and 2 of interview segment at above link
Good for Maddow. 

Maybe someone can clear this up for me. If the company has to release them. Doesn't that mean it was part of the clause? Shouldnt they have said clarify if it truly was only a percieved obligation?

"we will release them from that perceived obligation,”

So Joe and Mika believes that Nationals fans were "un-American" for saying "lock him up" at Trump when they tried to sneak him in during a salute to veterans package last night.   That is fine to believe if you ALSO believe that "lock her up" for Hillary was un-American and the "lock him up" directed at basically everyone in the Mueller report was un-American.    

So Joe and Mika believes that Nationals fans were "un-American" for saying "lock him up" at Trump when they tried to sneak him in during a salute to veterans package last night.   That is fine to believe if you ALSO believe that "lock her up" for Hillary was un-American and the "lock him up" directed at basically everyone in the Mueller report was un-American.    
My take on this - it is a microcosm of what Joe is saying about this place.  Be the change you want to see.  I don't know about it being un-American (what exactly does that even mean?) but I do think it's unbecoming for folks to chant something like that whether the person deserves it or not.  If both sides dig their heels in on this then the spiraling will continue downward.  And yes, it absolutely was wrong when Trump and people at his rallies did it about Hillary.  This isn't a stinking ballgame - people's life, liberty and pursuit of happiness is at stake with these things.  Let's not applaud it on either side.  And I just realized I may have been guilty last night of liking a post or two in here linking Tweets to him getting booed and the chants.  I shouldn't do that either.  My mistake.

ETA - just to clarify, I mean Joe Bryant and not Scarborough  :)

hammerva said:
Yeah, no too long ago Joe Scarborough was just ok with "Lock her up" chants.

There was video evidence of this, alas NBC lawyers shut it down.  Still, you can ascertain from the comments.

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/755708790041739264?s=19

I am starting to wonder if they are seeing this in terms of their business and not for the country.  Let's be honest MSNBC and CNN needs a trash show like Trump as president.   Especially if the impeachment stuff can make it past 2020 which I don't think it will 

I am starting to wonder if they are seeing this in terms of their business and not for the country.  Let's be honest MSNBC and CNN needs a trash show like Trump as president.   Especially if the impeachment stuff can make it past 2020 which I don't think it will 
To be honest they've been doing that for years, especially with the Russiagate stuff... Got huge ratings they haven't had in years.

Les Moonves (head of CBS) even got quoted saying "he's bad for the country but great for us"

4 Democratic Candidates Press For Inquiry Into NBC’s ‘Toxic Culture’ Ahead Of Debate

The senators say they’re worried about the message it sends if MSNBC hosts a debate before a commitment is made to an outside investigation.

Ahead of this week’s Democratic debate hosted by MSNBC, three presidential contenders are urging the network’s parent company, Comcast, to conduct an independent investigation into sexual misconduct at the news network.

But instead of taking the fight directly to the company, Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) are planning to send a letter Tuesday to Tom Perez, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee, pressing their case, HuffPost has learned.

In the letter, which was coordinated by the women’s advocacy group UltraViolet, the senators say they’re concerned about the message it sends to sexual assault survivors if the Democratic debate happens without the network’s parent at least agreeing to conduct an investigation into allegations of harassment, assault and a cover-up at NBC News.

Sen. Kamala Harris signed on to the letter on Tuesday morning.

Calling the allegations “deeply troubling,” the senators write: “We, the undersigned candidates, are very concerned about the message it would send to sexual assault survivors if our next debate is sponsored by MSNBC without clear commitments from Comcast, the parent company of NBC and MSNBC, to conduct an independent investigation into the toxic culture that enabled abusers and silenced survivors.”

Chris Matthews announces retirement, tonight was his last Hardball show, per mutual agreement with MSNBC.
Huh. I clicked expecting to be disappointed, and I kind of am. I wonder what prompted that. His unhinged ramblings about Bernie? Regardless, there's no thrill going down my leg right now upon hearing the news. 

Chris Matthews announces retirement, tonight was his last Hardball show, per mutual agreement with MSNBC.
Wow.

Matthews made his announcement than apparently walked off the set (was listening on audio feed). MSNBC went to a several minute commercial break than Steve Kornacki came on saying how unexpected this was and thanked Chris for years on MSNBC, then they went to commercial break again and still on as Kornacki was unprepared to host the show.

Users who are viewing this thread