What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (5 Viewers)

Not surprising given your blanket statement:  "But you don't get shot and killed for driving while black."

And if the white guy you refer to was shot after being stopped for driving while white, then you might have a valid point. Unfortunately, I don't recall reading any cases like that.
That's because it's not a big news story when a white person gets shot by cop. Don't you realize you are being played by the media? That's not going to get big ratings. Some white trailer trash guy shot by a cop? Who cares?

Look, lets be real here. You don't hear about ANY other races getting shot by police unless you seek it out. 
Well, there is not a perception among whites or Caucasians, that whites are being stopped by the police simply because of their race.

There is also no perception that of those whites who are stopped, a disproportionate number are shot by police officers as compared to other races.

One of the main reasons for the Black Lives Matter movement is that there has been a perception among African Americans that there is a systemic problem with law enforcement attitudes toward them. For years we have been hearing that from leaders in the black community, but it was dismissed as a falsehood or an exaggeration. However, now that everyone has a camera in their cellphone, and these incidents are being documented on video, it appears that there is some validity to these allegations.

Last edited by a moderator:
People were voicing their displeasure with this idiot.  When you boo a player for hurting someone with a cheap shot, you're not booing the injured player on the ground.  There was no one in that stadium that didn't know exactly who those boos were directed at. No one thought they were booing the anthem, nor was anyone disrespecting it. Well, except for the idiot with the 70's afro
Who cares if they were booing the player?  They were doing it during the anthem which is a time to show respect, remember?  Boo when he goes into the game if you must but not during the anthem.  Or does that only apply to when it relates to people you don't like?

And making fun of a black man for his hair?  Stay classy.

So, do the people who boo him think that African Americans are being treated equally under the law? Do they think that white kids are just as likely to end up brutalized or killed by a police officer without cause?  I wonder how many officers who have killed a black, unarmed civilian have gone to jail? 

If you have not been stopped for driving while black, and it does happen, you may want to listen to the full interview Kaepernick gave explaining his reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka0446tibig

It has nothing to do with dishonoring the military. 

Personally, I am sick and tired of the arm chair patriotism that we see in this country because it allows injustice to continue.  If you love your country and your country is wrong, the patriotic thing to do is to let your criticism be known. 
Yup.  Trying to paint it as being about the Military is purely a distraction technique for those who don't want to entertain rational discussions about legitimate issues.

I don't know who that is, but if I can name one white guy who has ever been shot by a cop, can we call it even?
Wow, and I even posted a link in this thread just for you.  Short answer is he was pulled over, for a highly dubious reason, and shot while doing exactly everything that I have heard you specifically, Junior, tell us all that "they" need to do.

And, no you can't call it even if you don't even understand what the discussion is about.

Who cares if they were booing the player?  They were doing it during the anthem which is a time to show respect, remember?  Boo when he goes into the game if you must but not during the anthem.  Or does that only apply to when it relates to people you don't like?

And making fun of a black man for his hair?  Stay classy.
Lolol. I'm a white man. If I grew my hair so that it looked ridiculous and people made fun of me, it's not because I'm white. Wow, you're so desperate to make everything racial. 

Wow, and I even posted a link in this thread just for you.  Short answer is he was pulled over, for a highly dubious reason, and shot while doing exactly everything that I have heard you specifically, Junior, tell us all that "they" need to do.

And, no you can't call it even if you don't even understand what the discussion is about.
There was a video?  And he kept his hands visible and wasn't being belligerent at all?  I'm just asking. I seriously haven't seen it or know anything about this particular case.

That's because it's not a big news story when a white person gets shot by cop. Don't you realize you are being played by the media? That's not going to get big ratings. Some white trailer trash guy shot by a cop? Who cares?
the kid played some of us former fans too   I wanted to believe him so bad when he said "I wanna be great" 

https://youtu.be/uB1D9wWxd2w

I dunno I guess some QB's do take a few yrs to really get IT

Luckily or rather Fortunately Hes not a new guy making waves

Now hes kneeling too   That chit almost seems humbling

But yeah Media is so under-rated in their ability to Force folks to come to a conclusion that its criminal

Hopefully he continues working, and just enjoying some small speed bumps in his path to greatness

Lolol. I'm a white man. If I grew my hair so that it looked ridiculous and people made fun of me, it's not because I'm white. Wow, you're so desperate to make everything racial. 
Noticing trends, that's all.

You seem to go in that direction often.  You're rash, quick to judge and condemn.  You don't present yourself as someone who spends a lot of time considering issues and seem to judge everything from a static position.  You make blanket statements about how large populations act (or should act, in your opinion, as the case may be) in response to troubling issues then admit you haven't done much research on any of the details that are the foundation of what those communities find troubling.  You also seem to hold other people to an unusually high standard, so much so that when you make fun of people, and call them "idiots", "morons" and the like while also clearly demonstrating that you haven't done much to inform your opinions, it makes it difficult to believe that you hold yourself to those same unusually high standards.

I anxiously await your "Lolol" response about my armchair psychoanalysis.

ahhh here comes the name calling - sweet !!

black is a color of skin, and there are so many shades of skin in this country right now , its racist to even HAVE such an organization. It defies logic to demand racism end when the very thing that racism is (focusing on skin color only) is the core of an organizations platform !

Kap has acted like a thug - his on field action, racial slurs, anti-police socks, Fidel Castro shirts, BLM ties, not standing for the anthem .... he's living the thug life and projecting it

Russel Wilson - 1/2 white, 1/2 black just like Kap would demand EVERYONES attention and respect if he spoke out on any political issue. Why? The man is honorable, respectful, people see him as a leader and would respond. Lots of guys people would follow - Kap they will never follow now. 
Not that its all that important but both of Wilson's parents are black 

JimmyJabroni said:
There is no video of the incident itself (although there might be dashcam video that hasn't been released yet, not sure?) but there is video of the immediate aftermath as the woman in the car with him starts filming. In the video the woman is eerily calm as she talks to the officer asking why he shot him when he was doing everything the officer said. The officer sounds freaked out and is screaming something like, "I told him not to do that (or something)". From what I remember the officer pulled him over because he fit the description of a recent robbery. The guy also had a gun in the car, I believe lying next to him in the video as he lay dying, legal gun I think and I think he supposedly informed the officer. So I'm not sure what happened. If the guy was not cooperating and went for his weapon and the woman is just a good actor. Or if the officer was super scared and over reacted or what. 
Chances are, a combination of both. Lots of adrenaline pumping during these stops. Especially a suspected stolen vehicle and cop knowing there's a gun. I try not to pretend I'd always stay calm and do it like they they taught me at the academy. I can confidently say that this officer didn't go out that day determined to kill a black guy. And that's what a lot of these BLM people want others to believe. 

Noticing trends, that's all.

You seem to go in that direction often.  You're rash, quick to judge and condemn.  You don't present yourself as someone who spends a lot of time considering issues and seem to judge everything from a static position.  You make blanket statements about how large populations act (or should act, in your opinion, as the case may be) in response to troubling issues then admit you haven't done much research on any of the details that are the foundation of what those communities find troubling.  You also seem to hold other people to an unusually high standard, so much so that when you make fun of people, and call them "idiots", "morons" and the like while also clearly demonstrating that you haven't done much to inform your opinions, it makes it difficult to believe that you hold yourself to those same unusually high standards.

I anxiously await your "Lolol" response about my armchair psychoanalysis.
Good stuff. I'm smiling. 

JimmyJabroni said:
The thing about the video is how calm and insistent the woman is in contrast to how freaked out the officer sounds...the woman could be legit, at least it's hard to watch the video and not feel like she is...but at the same time it wouldn't be the first time someone who witnessed it close up made up a lie that was believable...like the Michael Brown's friend with the whole hands up don't shoot lie. The officer sounds totally freaked though, not like someone who wanted to kill someone or was happen with what went down. And I agree that the media and BLM do paint a picture that cops are just hunting black men down in the streets for sport, which isn't helping police and black relations at all. So anyway, hard to say what really happened in the car before the woman starts taping...I lean towards the cop being on real high alert and panicking and making a big mistake.
Yes. I tend to agree. And I can certainly understand the cop freaking out after realizing he shot the guy. That's the last thing they want.  Second to last, actually. They prefer it to being shot themselves

JimmyJabroni said:
The thing about the video is how calm and insistent the woman is in contrast to how freaked out the officer sounds...the woman could be legit, at least it's hard to watch the video and not feel like she is...but at the same time it wouldn't be the first time someone who witnessed it close up made up a lie that was believable...like the Michael Brown's friend with the whole hands up don't shoot lie. The officer sounds totally freaked though, not like someone who wanted to kill someone or was happen with what went down. And I agree that the media and BLM do paint a picture that cops are just hunting black men down in the streets for sport, which isn't helping police and black relations at all. So anyway, hard to say what really happened in the car before the woman starts taping...I lean towards the cop being on real high alert and panicking and making a big mistake.
Don't take this the wrong way but noone cares what you think about the video.

JuniorNB said:
I'm sure people do get pulled over for driving while black. And that sucks. But you don't get shot and killed for driving while black. You get shot and killed for being pi##ed off at the man for pulling you over and then being belligerent and not following instructions. You are now dealing with a scared police officer who probably has too itchy of a trigger finger. I know he's just a comedian and not a civil servant, but if everyone would listen to Chris Rock on how not to get shot by a cop, 90% of this crap would be avoided.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFYTtgZAlE

JuniorNB said:
Chances are, a combination of both. Lots of adrenaline pumping during these stops. Especially a suspected stolen vehicle and cop knowing there's a gun. I try not to pretend I'd always stay calm and do it like they they taught me at the academy. I can confidently say that this officer didn't go out that day determined to kill a black guy. And that's what a lot of these BLM people want others to believe. 
:bs:

Talk about irresponsible hyperbole.  I have yet to hear one of the "BLM people" make the claim following any shooting that the officer went out that day determined to kill a black guy. Please.

So what are they claiming the problem is?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an international[1] activist movement, originating in the African-American community, that campaigns against violence and systemic racism toward black people. BLM regularly organizes protests around the deaths of black people in killings by law enforcement officers, and broader issues of racial profiling, police brutality, and racial inequality in the United States criminal justice system.

In 2013, the movement began with the use of the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter on social media, after the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin. Black Lives Matter became nationally recognized for its street demonstrations following the 2014 deaths of two African Americans: Michael Brown, resulting in protests and unrest in Ferguson, and Eric Garner in New York City.[2][3] The originators of the hashtag and call to action, Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi, expanded their project into a national network of over 30 local chapters during 2014–16.[4] The overall Black Lives Matter movement, however, is a decentralized network and has no formal hierarchy.[5]

Since the Ferguson protests, participants in the movement have demonstrated against the deaths of numerous other African Americans by police actions or while in police custody, including those of Jonathan Ferrell, John Crawford, Ezell Ford, Laquan McDonald, Akai Gurley, Tamir Rice, Eric Harris, Walter Scott, Freddie Gray, Sandra Bland, Samuel DuBose, Alton Sterling, and Philando Castile. In the summer of 2015, Black Lives Matter activists began to publicly challenge politicians—including politicians in the 2016 United States presidential election—to state their positions on BLM issues.

So, do the people who boo him think that African Americans are being treated equally under the law?
Actually white skinned people are treated unequally by law.

Black skinned gets to have their own organizations, own awards, etc and whites aren't allowed (black coaches association, college black athlete of the year, miss black america) etc etc  Can you imagine white only things like that? 

Same GPA, same test scores, same everything and being black skinned very well can get you into college over a white person

There are still quota's that exist that reward not based on merit or value or work - but on color of skin

Knowing the truth on black crime is eye opening. Many more murders, rapes, assaults etc are committed by a minority percentage blacks. incarceration rate way higher, many more blacks are killed by blacks than whites. Police shoot twice as many white people are black people, black cops shoot more black than white cops shoot blacks. Is there a problem ? Yes, a big one. Black communities have serious issues - white and brown communities do too but its worse for black communities. 

Ya'll want fair and equal? then go pure percentages. If we are 65% white and 35% black (for simplicity) .... then 65% of the NFL needs to be white. NBA and MLB too. 35% of hockey needs to be black. Those same percentages applied to every work force, every company etc. Your work ethic, performance, value .... none of that matters, all that matters is color of skin so we can say its all fair. 

Deal ? That's kinda what BLM is demanding .... isn't it ? They in essence are saying whites are holding blacks back and they want more representation, more leadership roles, more entry into areas that are mostly white etc etc. Without earning it, they want it given. 

Its ridiculous - racism was on its way to extinction before Obama .... now, we're back in the 1970's. 

As I read the last couple of pages in this thread I'm so glad that Kaepernick made this protest despite, and in part because of, the ignorance and bigotry that has been displayed.  Edit to add- See directly above.

1)  A person who described the BLM movment as a hate group admits that he agrees with "most" of their platform on police reform.  If nothing else happened in the SP b/c of Kaepernick's protest then I consider that a sucess.  Despite that posters insistence on mischaracterizing the movement of BLM and others calling for an end to the disproportionate number of black men killed by the police during tracffic stops.

2) I'm glad that conversations, mostly elsewhere but also here, are occuring on race and injustice in America.  Too many people seem to think that racism is about personal bias when its, as I will keep repeating, its about structural and systemic racism that has been a part of the economic and social fabric of this country and continues today.  Yes progress has been made but there is still much further to go.  So many people seem to think of racism as- "Hey, slavery was bad but that ended in 1865 and Jim Crow, I guess that was bad but that ended in 1965 or so".  I'll try not to fully get into here (and I did browse the FFA thread and was disappointed by the lack of discussion on systemic racism there) but I will just say that for those who really want to have a better understanding of systemic racism to google things like:

Black Codes and Pig Laws
Convict Leasing
Debt Peonage
Sharecropping

And realize that many forms of physical slavery continued well into the Geat Depression.  That things like:

Housing discrimination
Redlining
Universal denial of farming, small business, and other loans.
Federal and state transportation projects that isolate predominantly black neighborhoods from access to jobs, affordable transit, health care, healthy food, and social services
Over exposure to environmental toxins in the form of many communities with populations of 25% or less black but having close to 90% of hazardous waste sites cited in black communites, lead in public housing which studies have shown cause mental development problems and even an increase in violent tendencies

These things all impact generational economic opportunity and most of these issues continue in some form in poor black communities today along with issues like:

Blacks and latinos being arrested for drug possession at 4 times the rate of whites when studies show we all use drugs at roughly the same rate
Blacks and latinos being arrested for drug distribution at much higher rates despite studies showing that whites actually deal drugs at a slightly higher rate
Sentencing for blacks and latinos being much longer than those of whites with similar records convicted of similar crimes.
Studies showing that as early as pre-K where black youth are twice as likely to be suspended in schools.

All of which has led to an explosion in the prison population with America now having the highest incarceration rate in the world mostly through black and latinos being imprisoned for non violent drug offenses.   

This all ties back to economics as when such a large percentage of the black male work force is incarerated or have criminal records, which destroys their job prospects at a very early age.   And when things like recessions hit the economy, the most vulnerable communities economically bear the brunt of the fallout.

Today, the median wealth holding of a white household in America is anywhere from 13 to 16 times that of the median wealth holdings of black families.  13 to 16 times!!!!!  

So yes, progress has been made but we still have a LONG way to go.  Yes, there are numerous examples of people who succeed despite difficult circumstance.  Yes, we have made progress from the atrocious history of how black people, specifically, have been treated since the founding of this country but the reality is that systemic racism is still alive and well. And systemic racism is why you see the disparities in outcomes that we do.

Racism is a tool used by the economic powers that be to exploit the most vulnerable populations in the country, and to get poor whites to point the finger at people of color and away from the real root causes of economic inequity.  And this was my attempt at an abbreviated version.  I can go on, with many more examples and specifics. Given all of the above, I don't want to hear the bigoted reasoning that if blacks could just get their act together all would be solved.  There are many issues within the community that people are working to address but those issues will only be solved when the larger issues of systemic racism are corrected.

3) In regard to police violence, the videos and statistics are there for people to see for themselves.  All of the rhetoric that amounts to "comply or die" is pathetic and un-American.  Again, as the son of a man who served and protected his community for 30 years I don't want to hear the BS.  Yes, its a dangerous job but its what people signed up for.  If you are afraid of the community in which you work then find another job. Period.

4) The messenger is not perfect here (which doesnt really matter b/c a perfect messenger doesnt exist) but the issues he is pushing to the forefront is systemic racism, i.e. continued oppression, of people of color in America, mostly for the economic gain of others.  It's odd that sitting for the playing of a song is viewed as so "extreme" but I have absolutely no qualms about it and again, am so glad that he did. 

Some here will never recognize the truth.  They are either incapable, unwilling, or both.  But I will keep posting.  Its too important not to.

They are protesting "against the deaths" of....

What does that mean?  They think the cops wanted to kill them?  They think the cops need more training?  Just like Kaepernick's nonsense, the vagueness, along with not admitting any fault of those who were killed, doesn't clearly define the movement. 

In regards to BLM a link to their website, which describes what they are about has been posted including their statements condemning violence in ANY form, including against the police.  It also includes language specifically about how they view the police. 

There has also been a link provided which cites their 10 point policy platform in terms of the changes they are seeking in police reform.

Stop acting like you have a genuine interest in understanding what BLM is about.  You clearly do not.

Black skinned gets to have their own organizations, own awards, etc and whites aren't allowed (black coaches association, college black athlete of the year, miss black america) etc etc  Can you imagine white only things like that?  
 Um, yes, unfortunately.

The White Entertainment Awards, The Miss White America Pageant, White College Athlete Of The Year Award, The National Association For The Advancement of White People, The United Caucasian College Fund, etc.  
Exactly. They even sound ridiculous to say. 

JuniorNB said:

JuniorNB said:
Yes. I tend to agree. And I can certainly understand the cop freaking out after realizing he shot the guy. That's the last thing they want.  Second to last, actually. They prefer it to being shot themselves
Personal judgement based on no knowledge of the facts.  Wow, I should get paid for this.  

Although I should add that I think you would probably make a tremendous cornerback with that short memory of yours.

Same GPA, same test scores, same everything and being black skinned very well can get you into college over a white person

There are still quota's that exist that reward not based on merit or value or work - but on color of skin

Knowing the truth on black crime is eye opening. Many more murders, rapes, assaults etc are committed by a minority percentage blacks. incarceration rate way higher, many more blacks are killed by blacks than whites. Police shoot twice as many white people are black people, black cops shoot more black than white cops shoot blacks. Is there a problem ? Yes, a big one. Black communities have serious issues - white and brown communities do too but its worse for black communities. 

Ya'll want fair and equal? then go pure percentages. If we are 65% white and 35% black (for simplicity) .... then 65% of the NFL needs to be white. NBA and MLB too. 35% of hockey needs to be black. Those same percentages applied to every work force, every company etc. Your work ethic, performance, value .... none of that matters, all that matters is color of skin so we can say its all fair. 

Deal ? That's kinda what BLM is demanding .... isn't it ? They in essence are saying whites are holding blacks back and they want more representation, more leadership roles, more entry into areas that are mostly white etc etc. Without earning it, they want it given. 

Its ridiculous - racism was on its way to extinction before Obama .... now, we're back in the 1970's. 
This total ####ing :bs:

You're going to tell me that in the past 8 years non-racist people have suddenly become racists?

JimmyJabroni said:
I had deleted that post earlier, because I wanted more time to think on it and was going to repost point by point. But I got busy and lazy. So I'll post here but at the moment I don't want to go point by point with everything or get real in depth because I'm worn out, but I do agree with a good deal of it for sure....

For sure I do agree with body cams...it's 2016 and the technology is there so lets get everything recorded and sort out the data storage stuff and whatever rules and issues later. I agree with more and better training and more education of force training, I don't see how that would be a bad thing. I agree with ending this for profit policing, it's BS for cops to pull people over and have incentives to ticket them and find issues. I agree with independent offices investigating and keeping in check the local departments.

My annoyance with the movement comes from what I see as a lack of leadership, or strong leadership with the ability to effectively organize and communicate...which has me seeing it as more of a mob mentality...

When I see a killing get highlighted in the media, and before the facts are out, being reported as if something wrong might of happened, and hours later people flooding the streets with BLM signs and chants saying that the only good cops are dead cops and other violent rhetoric, along with walking onto highways and disrupting peoples lives, along with some really hateful stuff I've seen....makes me not want to support the group or listen to them at all.

I'd be willing to understand and accept the movement if they can get an effective leader who is organized and communicate well and when the movement is not just a sort of wildfire that spreads randomly and chaotically.

I appreciate the dialogue on BLM policy recommendations and no need to go point by point on here.  We all get busy and lazy, the SP is not the appropriate place, and to be honest, I work on policy for a living.  Not really trying to argue that on a site I usually visit to help my efforts to continue kicking azszszzzz in fantasy football.    

There were riots before BLM and there will be riots after BLM as long as the same conditions exist in America. The anger black people feel in certain communities is due to generations of getting the absolute short end of the economic opportunity stick combined with the emotional response to murders in the streets of people at the hands of police and others.  

Imagine if police came into predominantly white communities, shot and KILLED a 12 year old holding a toy gun in a park (Tamir Rice), imagine a self assigned neigbhorhood watchmen profiling, following, approaching, and ultimately shooting and KILLING a 17 year old walking back to his father's home with nothing but some skittles and other teenage items in his pocket.  (Trayvon Martin).  Imagine those things happening in a white surburban neighborhood and what the response would be from that community if the people responsible for the killing of unarmed children resulted in NO convictions and nobody held accountable.

These things DID happen in poor black communities, with people who own NOTHING, and whose ancestors have been forcibly put at the bottom of the totem pole for centuries. What do you think the response is going to be.  Riots have happened in this country LONG before BLM and will continue to happen as long as these conditions exist. 

And that's why I applaud Colin Kaepernick.  As young and imperfect a messenger he may be, he is taking a public stance to highlight an I issue that does not affect him personally but does affect millions of people.  I'm a black man in America.  I am very fortunate in that I grew up with two good parents, a father who was a college athlete and a police officer, and a mother who graduated 2nd in her high school class, has two degrees and is now a partner in a major firm.  I make a comfortable living, am married to a woman with a J.D. from a top 25 law school, and am raising two beautiful girls.  My life as a Black American is great (actually just not too bad). B ut I also recognize, and have family and friends, whose life as Black Americans has been fillled with hardships and uphill battles against a system that has been designed to keep them at the bottom.

But my point in response to you is on leadership, and the lack thereof in the BLM movement.  First understand that this is a "movement" started by young activist in their 20s with limited resources.  They are basically relying on social media and other 20 somethings to organize events and put together social media, PR material, organization of rallies, etc.  

More importantly, recognize that strong black leadership in America has consistently been met with state sponsored violence, harrassment, surveillance, and basically murder. MLK, Malcoml X, Black Wall Street in Tulsa, OK, the Black Panthers.  These are examples of individual and group leadership advancing self interest in the black community that were demonized and destroyed.  MLK's legacy has been completely whitewashed to the point that people only quote the "not the color of my skin but content of my character" line.  But our  schools fail to teach us that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. advoccated for  what would be considered today (and certainly was in his time, which is part of the reason why he was assassinated) a radically far left economic agenda with basically repirations. He recognized the economic injustice of American policies at all levels of governement and social intersections.  SYSTEMIC RACISM.

Speaking of leadership, we have a black president now, as you may have noticed and some posters have pointed outl appen to think he's done a pretty good job turning around the economy, having the longest recorded streak of uninterrupted private sector job growth, historic highs in stock market performance, cutting the unemployment rate in half, reducing homicides by 13%, a reduction in killing of police officers BTW.

Yet somehow this President has set racism back 40 years..somehow.   From what I can gather its because he's black, has appointed black attorney generals, and well... because he's black. But the same people espousing this non sense can't bring themselves to view it from the perspective of people living through what generations of black people have endured in this country.  That to me is what is sad and unfortunately, my only hope for this vocal minority is that and thier ilk perish over time.

Stop. Please stop. Post about fantasy football here. Please. Share messages about his protest in the FAMILY forum.  Please. Thankyou so very much. 

Hahaha. Smart phone isn't so smart.  Or maybe it's me. Please stop polluting the shark pool. Take Kaps protest post to the FFA.  Please. 

Mr. Jabroni, I appreciate your response and can agree with a lot of it.

But please stop with the excuses and justifications for killing of children with no consequences.  You are blaming a 12 year old for his own murder for maybe (we don't know if he did it, it was a manufacturer defect, whatever) but you are blaming a 12 year old for his death because he MIGHT have removed the orange marker to indicate it was a fake gun.  He was in a park holding a toy gun.  As someone with 2 kids, and who use to work in parks and recreation, I've seen COUNTLESS white kids playing with toy guns and weapons in parks.  NONE of them got MURDERED. By the Police. Are you serious????

That's what this is about on the specific issue of what Colin Kaepernick and BLM are trying to call out.  Unarmed children and others are being killed with no accountability for playing with a toy gun in a park (and we do have 2nd amendment and open carry righs if people thought he was an adult with a weapon) but again, do you really want to say he looked older and was playing with a toy gun?  That's why a 12 year old's death gets a "that sucks but ...it happens" response.  I'm sorry. But I grew up in a white neighborhood.  That WOULD NOT have been the response.

You are showing the same lack of dignity for black life that spawned the BLM movement in the first place!

:lmao:

Fight the Power Opie!

JimmyJabroni said:
His parents didnt give him the replica gun.  It was given to him by a friend.  He was 12 years old, those sort of things happen.  The most appaling part of the incident is how quickly it happened as `he was shot within seconds and that neither officer on the scene tried to administer any medical help after shooting him.  

JimmyJabroni said:
That's why we have a justice system and jury trials and not lynch mobs in the streets.
Yes, and that justice system has a long and documented record of racial bias and discriminatory treatment of blacks.  That, above all else, is the problem people are highlighting but some are just unwilling to grasp.

JimmyJabroni said:
Anyway VA, it was nice talking to you bro...

I'm exhausted from this topic...hope you understand if I don't reply back. I don't want to dispute every case with you. You are all in on BLM and I'm not, but like I said, get some leadership and organization and I'll give more respect. Peace dude! Football in 1 Week :excited:
Same to you.  We don't have to agree on everyting but I appreciate the genuine dialogue.  I'm also done with the non football discussion in this thread.  Thanks to all for bearing with me.  I've enjoyed engaging with posters like MikMak and Jabroni who are coming at this from different perspectives but have been able to have positive conversations.

And some of the real bigots here have exposed, or further exposed, themselves.  Its always good to shine light on the truth.

Happy football everyone!

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-08-03/trump-and-clinton-have-no-plans-to-rein-in-federal-debt

The Media always Wins.. 

Sadly some of this is similiar to funding that Ive seen firsthand.   Once it was explained "While if we dont spend it? We'll get less next Qtr."

Basically were all being lulled into focusing our care on things which:  1) We can help to prevent  ie.  Dont work for a company that sells fake guns  Dont buy fake guns   Its simple enough eh   2) More importantly   Dont portray the use of guns in a violent manner    ex.  Wild game dont need ya talking, and twisting ur gun sideways w/ grimace in your face  (aim n shoot)   More importantly..  Dont point, if you dont intend too shoot

Until recently the only Kaep news I was hearing involved cap liability's  (Basically much smarter to cut loss's now or something along those lines) 

Hopefully, Kaep can both help to enlighten us, and find time to refocus his energy on becoming an NFL caliber franchise QB. 

But please make no mistake   Some folks think entirely different from others  ie.  IF someone thinks black people are from the devil  What can we really do to change that? 

Alienate/discriminate  (I believe God made us all to be different)  So its the Devil who uses it against us..  (imho) If ya really wanna stop racism?  Set a goal too stop Hating

The sport of Football is a gift ..   Why, you may ask?  Personally its not always easy for me to like/love others who I perceive to have nothing in common. 

I love Football with a passion.  Obviously if ya were to say your a Christian, Id like ya  (technically we all fall short too)  But If your rich good-looking G, stating Football is good is what I may need to hear

p.s.  Im unaware of Kaepernick choosing to portray guns in a poor manner,  At the same token, sadly, his actions (right or wrong) continue.. We may need to pray for this young man

I think the police have less of a "protect and serve" mentality and more of a "tax and collect" attitude. They do come across very dangerous people and force needs to be used at times. I think the problem is people are less inclined to simply cooperate because it usually ends up with getting a ticket or arrested for something else. Even law abiding citizens may have this attitude. When people don't want to cooperate, things escalate quickly.  There are plenty of videos where police are approaching a car and start getting shot at, and there life is on the line every time and how do they know what to expect? Circumstances are different every time, and they've been plenty wrong as well, I know that.

There's a chapter in the book "blink" by Steven levitt (I think) about police and split decision making. One instance where 4 undercover police stop because a guy is on the stoop. They approach him (plain clothes) and start asking him what he's doing. He starts digging for his keys because he just sees 4 guys walking up on him, they shot him multiple times (15?). 

2nd scenario one officer chasing a kid who he knows has a gun. The kid turns and reaches in his pants and pulls the gun out, cop waits a second and the kid drops the gun. No shots fired. How did he know the kid was giving up? Experience? How do you train for that? You have some young cop that is all amped up, or even a person that is just that kind of personality, how do you teach them to have the patience and discipline when you need them out protecting the public because there aren't enough officers as it is. They have to be able to use that force because their life is at stake, and it will be as long as anyone can buy a gun. I have no answers, the streets are dangerous, and gun control won't have an effect for years because there's so many out there already. 

Is it me and police not withstanding, there seems to be a lot of racism toward white people from a lot of African Americans?  I see more and more hatred from some African Americans and I'm not lumping an entire race of people that feel that way.  Just the other day I was walking down the street and a 20 something black man was walking towards me and I smiled and said good morning.  He just sneered at me without saying a word.  

Is it me and police not withstanding, there seems to be a lot of racism toward white people from a lot of African Americans?  I see more and more hatred from some African Americans and I'm not lumping an entire race of people that feel that way.  Just the other day I was walking down the street and a 20 something black man was walking towards me and I smiled and said good morning.  He just sneered at me without saying a word.  
Just as Trump is filling people's minds with racist ideas, the same is happening with BLM. 

From Forbes - as to why Kaep's career is probably not finished, despite the dire predictions here.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2016/09/03/as-sam-bradford-heads-to-vikings-it-shows-even-so-so-qbs-valuable-in-the-nfl/2/#203130913fe0

As Sam Bradford Heads To Vikings It Shows Even So-So QBs Valuable In The NFL

[...]

Looking at the current landscape, the conversations around controversial Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick being cut should be ignored. For one, Kap had a good offseason—even in the backup role— but beyond that, even if his polarizing position of not standing for the national anthem is a PR liability, he becomes valuable trade material. There never seems to be lack of interest in QBs around the trade deadline and Kaepernick could provide that.

If the move by the Vikings shows one thing it’s that the NFL is driven largely by the successes at the quarterback. It is a hype-valuable position that can see Super Bowl wins more easily attained if they are of high quality, but even if they are not. Look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Super Bowl XXXVII win with Brad Johnson. Or, Trent Dilfer guiding the Baltimore Ravens over Kerry Collin and the New York Giants in Super Bowl XXXV.

There will always be a need at the quarterback position. There are only so many Tom Bradys, Russell Wilsons, or Drew Breeses to go around. The Vikings now know that all too well.

Good lord. 

I thought the FFA was a dumpster fire. Now I see all of the SJWs are ruining the SP as well. 

...To get back on topic, I think Kap is just an attention whore trying to get some action from his girlfriend. He knows/cares as much about the black struggle as 99% of the posters here (zero).

If he was a starting caliber QB he would be too busy throwing TDs and swatting away Insta hoes to be concerned about fake Soros funded political movements. 

"Black" Screech has lost his mind. 

49ers coach Chip Kelly suggested that Colin Kaepernick is still less than 100 percent.
"He has been cleared to play, but he still knows he has some work to do," said Kelly. "He’s not up to his playing weight that he was when he was successful here." Even if Kaepernick hadn't missed time with arm fatigue early in camp, he still would have been the backup to Blaine Gabbert, who seems to be a better fit for Kelly's offense. Kaepernick is owed $13.9 million this year, making him the NFL's most expensive backup.

Source: CSN Bay Area

49ers coach Chip Kelly suggested that Colin Kaepernick is still less than 100 percent.
"He has been cleared to play, but he still knows he has some work to do," said Kelly. "He’s not up to his playing weight that he was when he was successful here." Even if Kaepernick hadn't missed time with arm fatigue early in camp, he still would have been the backup to Blaine Gabbert, who seems to be a better fit for Kelly's offense. Kaepernick is owed $13.9 million this year, making him the NFL's most expensive backup.

Driskel got snapped right up by the Bengals.

And Ponder looked pretty good in the PS finale. It would be pretty cool if he got a shot at a revival like Gabbert and this offense might help him.

Kelly was asked what gave Gabbert the advantage in the competition.

"I think the whole body of work from April until today," Kelly said. "I think his grasp and command of what we’re doing. He’s a good fit for what we want to get accomplished and I have a lot of confidence in what he can for us offensively."

Users who are viewing this thread