What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So hungover this morning I accidently wore two different shoes (1 Viewer)

He asked you to be a groomsman without asking his girl to marry him?  OK, just a formality, I'm sure...  Is he planning to pop the question while out on your double date to the place you work?  Is this the same guy you are setting up the marijuana business with?

Oh, I've been out of touch.  I just noticed the dates on the quotes...I guess all of this already happened.
She’s already agreed to marry him. He won’t formally pop the question until he buys a suitable ring.

I’m waiting to hear from a publisher about illustrating a children’s book. This is a little out of left field for me but I’m confident I can do it, and it can lead to more work in the future.

I learned to draw as a young child by initially emulating many well known artists before developing my own style. I think I showed as much with the various dpng comics I drew for the FFAs amusement.

No dongs in this one but it’s a real oppurtunity to get some work as an illustrator that I’m excited about. I have never done color, I can learn, but starting out I can just color in photoshop and illustrator. I have friends that know these programs. If neccesarily I can just finish the inks and sub out the color work.

i would be very curious to get the FFA take on the first sample I give them to get the gig. If you have children and can see what they think that’s even better.

This is not a drill.

I’m waiting to hear from a publisher about illustrating a children’s book. This is a little out of left field for me but I’m confident I can do it, and it can lead to more work in the future.

I learned to draw as a young child by initially emulating many well known artists before developing my own style. I think I showed as much with the various dpng comics I drew for the FFAs amusement.

No dongs in this one but it’s a real oppurtunity to get some work as an illustrator that I’m excited about. I have never done color, I can learn, but starting out I can just color in photoshop and illustrator. I have friends that know these programs. If neccesarily I can just finish the inks and sub out the color work.

i would be very curious to get the FFA take on the first sample I give them to get the gig. If you have children and can see what they think that’s even better.

This is not a drill.
Perhaps you could have a signature, like hiding something you are good at drawing on each page

Last edited by a moderator:

This is not a drill.
This is an awesome opportunity.  Good luck.  

Got the email from the publisher today. Not anthropomorphic animals, vegetables or minerals like I was hoping.

He sent two manuscripts. One was a story about a multicultural family ,had a page breakdown , dialogue per page and notations of what the author would like for  the art on each page. 15 pages . Based on the writing it looks like it’s marketed to children around 6-7

Second manuscript was sort of a poem about a father that loves his daughter. More serious in tone. Seems like it’s for kids a few years older than the other. There was no page breakdown or notation but it looks like another 15 page book.

I sent some of my old work ( no dongs) for him to look at and suggested I do a sample page for him if he’s interested in seeing my take on a children’s book.

The art will be much simpler for me but I’ll also be doing computer coloring which will could take longer per page than the inks until I get accustomed to it.

This is a small publisher that only recently started a children’s literature division. I believe they have only released one children’s book this far that my girlfriend worked on. 

Anyone in publishing or knows anyone in publishing that could give me an give me an idea of compensation expectations if we get to the negotiation phase?

great idea. quit while youre behind. 

btw some of us dont live on these boards, so we dont always see posts when theyre first made. for someone that supposedly has a job, a "love of your life" and a busy social life with all of your friends; you sure spend a lot of time in the ffa.

Long story short....

I left the train wreck of the restaurant I’ve been at for 8 months. Explaining why is a long story. If you’ve worked in a restaurant at some time in your life just think of all the obvious problems and turn them up to 11.

My last day there was saturday. I reached out to a friend that previously worked there for years and is right with the managers and got a chance. This is a fun place that I’ve been a customer of dozens of times. I was already on good terms with half the staff. I started yesterday and I’ve already impressed all the managers and they are fast tracking me to serving. The last two nights I ran the expo and I took charge very quickly.

I took it upon myself to do some cleaning that was terribly needed and properly train some longer term staff on proper restaurant procedure, common sense stuff.

Anyway, I’ve learned there are a couple of managers leaving soon. It’s become apparent to me that the managers aren’t doing all they can be doing. Great people but basically phoning it in. I figured this may be a good oppurtunity to throw my hat in the ring, not in an overt way but given my management experience I would certainly be interested in discussing the oppurtunity. I think I could help fix a lot of obvious problems and help the place run considerably smoother, proper and probably increase sales.

One of the managers told me the place has been in a bit of a slump after a few years of rapid growth.

The friend that recommended me for the job worked there for years and was being pushed into a managerial role before moving on. He moved on because he’s a very talented graphic designer and it wasn’t his goal in life. He has since secured a role with a growing company that utilized those skills.

On the other hand I’m looking for a career that provides me more purpose. I fit in very well at this place and the idea of inquiring about a larger role just feels right. Is this too presumptuous or should I consult with my friend about contacting with the owners about me filling one of the soon to be vacated roles?

Before anyone asks or assumes....

I did utilize my skills at the previous restaurant but when I did point out things to management that needed improvement I got sandbagged because of it. There were 2 owners/partners. One was the primary investor but she only worked in the office and came in sporadically ( she ran several restaurants and has a husband with MS and teenage children). She liked me a lot and went to bat for me as best she could because I cared about our standards.

The other owner ran front of house. Inept with a bad attitude. On top of all that he is sleeping with the GM ( he’s a married man with children of his own). GM hated me from the start for pointing out details that affect the business. When she ignored them I went to the front of house owner. More often than not he was upset about the things I pointed out and would uphold standards for maybe a week tops but then it would go to hell again. I would try a handful of time to bring it to his attention but he ignored it.

It would them get back to the GM. Even more inept but she’s untouchable and would punish me in any way within her power. Obvious her and the FOH owner wanted to fire me many times but they couldn’t because I was too good and despite annoying them constantly behind the scenes I made their job easier come showtime. Everyone else besides them loved me for paying attention to detail and communicating with my coworkers. The head chef has discussed starting a restaurant with me but he’s under contract with them for a while.

It got to the point the back of house owner, the primary owner, appreciated my effort because I had to resort to expressing these issues with her. Due to the dynamics it’s a difficult situation for her and she gave me her personal cell number to use as a reference if needed.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE TABLES?!?!  

Will they no longer get the sanding and staining they so lovingly deserve?
That was something I brought to attention of the FOH manager, along with the support of several of the work staff.

When he finally discussed it with me I explained the process and quoted a price well below market value for the work. He thought it was too much.

My response? 

“ Would you rather buy an entire set of new tables? You will still have to have this work done on the new tables so the weather doesn’t ruin them. If you don’t you will be buying new tables every year”.

He agreed to do a test table after that but didn’t want to talk about it again when I inquired about the type of wood ( thanks to the FFA) and the additional measures it would entail he didn’t want to talk about it.

The guys a bozo and everyone can see the restuarant is failing. They had over 200% turnover in staff within 8 months of opening. If it wasn’t for the BOH owner that I care about I would say where this place was.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE TABLES?!?!  

Will they no longer get the sanding and staining they so lovingly deserve?
Toto answer your question, no they won’t.

The guests can enjoy eating on grease stained tables at a so called high end steakhouse.

Apparently this thread has run its course
Might I suggest better bait?

Like...maybe one of the 450 people you interact with on a daily basis who you take the time to explain why they are doing their job poorly, and THIS is how it should be done, took a swing at you?

Might I suggest better bait?

Like...maybe one of the 450 people you interact with on a daily basis who you take the time to explain why they are doing their job poorly, and THIS is how it should be done, took a swing at you?
450? Don’t be silly.

( the second part of that paragraph doesn’t make much grammatical sense BTW)

this was the case 130 pages ago.
There have been times my toilet works slower than usual....it still works but it’s slow and noisy. This continues for a few days,if I’m lucky a few weeks, until one day I pull the handle and it rises slowly and fills me with great dread.....at first.... until it eventually subsides. Then with a low rumble it births a tiny turd nugget and continues as normal for several weeks thereafter.

That turd nugget is you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!
Assuming you really are smart, you really should try to acquire some kind of skill.  Someone like you might have been able to be fine thousands of years ago in Greece or something, but we live in a more complex society now.

There have been times my toilet works slower than usual....it still works but it’s slow and noisy. This continues for a few days,if I’m lucky a few weeks, until one day I pull the handle and it rises slowly and fills me with great dread.....at first.... until it eventually subsides. Then with a low rumble it births a tiny turd nugget and continues as normal for several weeks thereafter.

That turd nugget is you.
the return of angry rok! the depressed rok/angry rok/depressed rok cycle continues ad naseum. you are more regular than a woman's period when she's on the pill.

Assuming you really are smart, you really should try to acquire some kind of skill.  Someone like you might have been able to be fine thousands of years ago in Greece or something, but we live in a more complex society now.
They only had geniuses in Ancient Greece?

Users who are viewing this thread