What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bet your house on it. (3 Viewers)

Gurley of 2016 or the potential of Gurley when he was drafted? Serious question, this could go either way...
Meaning what each of their value will be a year from now. 

In general, I'm saying that foreman's value will rise and his hype will rise going into next season while Gurley's will continue to erode. After three years of "didn't live up to the great hype we expected" I think a lot of people will start to sour on Gurley by this time next year. 

This statement / prediction is really more about Gurley than Foreman. 

I know we have a thread similar to it, but I thought this might be fun. I want only 1 prediction about fantasy football only, not teams and if you had to bet your house on it this would be what you picked.

I would take Jamison Crowder over 95 catches.
Wrong

JaMarcus Russel UNDER 95 catches.
Right

Christian McCaffrey over 20 touchdowns
Wrong

Josh Gordon plays this season.
Right

49ers have a top 15 offense
Half wrong. They were top 15 for yards, not top 15 for points. 

Bunch of future homeless folks in this thread!
Right. 

So far other than the Crowder position. I'll take the opposite on McCaffrey, Gordon and 49ers.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Half wrong. 

Yes.  Bet the house thread became the extremely bold and nearly impossible prediction thread very quickly.  

ETA- my prediction 

marshawn lynch finishes top 10 RB scoring
Wrong. 

Atlanta won't have the chance to choke again. 
Wrong. 

! year from now, D'Ontae Foreman will have as much Fantasy value as Todd Gurley.
Wrong 

Antonio Bryant fails to reach the top 20.  A few years ago, I did an in-depth study of how many players in the top-15 repeat the following year.  Among the many things I found was that when most players have been #1 at their position (Outside of QB) for three years straight, for some reason, they fall off a cliff points-wise.  Very few players have repeated in the top-15 past that point.  AB has been #1 at the WR position for four years straight.
Right. 

Jeremy Maclin will lead the Ravens WRs in receptions

*I like my house and will have it paid off this spring - my equity stake makes me less inclined to make a risky bet.
Wrong. 

Jets will suck bigly.
Right. 

The Mike Tomlin coached Steelers will FINALLY not have a season where they lose a game to an inferior opponent whom the odds makers had the Steelers as heavy favorites.
Wrong. Week 3 vs Bears. 

Aaron Rodgers will throw a TD to Marty Bennett
Wrong.

I'll bet my house on most of these being wrong.
Right. 

Meaning what each of their value will be a year from now. 

In general, I'm saying that foreman's value will rise and his hype will rise going into next season while Gurley's will continue to erode. After three years of "didn't live up to the great hype we expected" I think a lot of people will start to sour on Gurley by this time next year. 

This statement / prediction is really more about Gurley than Foreman. 
:thumbup:  In all the history of being wrong this is the wrongest of them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amani Cooper Top 3 wideouts this year in fantasy.

Further out on a limb: Jamaal Williams to crack Top 20 RBs -- and I'm a Ty Montgomery owner.
Wrong. Wrong. 

I say Crowell has 1000 yds rushing.  I'd bet my apartment and if I lose you have to pay the rent.  
Wrong. 

Doug Martin will finish the season as a top 10 running back after his three game suspension.
Wrong. 

Over 90 catches for Cooper Kupp
Wrong. 

By Halloween everyone will be #####ing about how tom brady Is unfair....hes gonna flirt with 50 tds this year
Wrong. 

Tom Brady tosses 50 TDs, 18 of them to Gronk. 
Wrong, wrong.

Bold: Tarik Cohen finishes in top 20 RBs.

Bolder: Ted Ginn finishes in top 10 WRs.

Boldest: Tyler Eifert breaks the single season TD record for TEs and finishes as TE1 while Gronk, Olsen and Kelce play 16 games each.

Insanity: Browns finish as top 10 scoring defense and top 3 fantasy defense.

Padded Room: KC stomps a mudhole in New England Week 1 in Foxboro

/thread
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Right. 

Crowell leads the league in rushing.
Wrong. 

I'd almost bet my my house one NFL steps up to be politically correct and signs Kaepernick
Wrong.

Gronk plays all sixteen games.

** I have a sugar-mama and live in her house **

:banned:  
Wrong. 

Alshon Jeffery finds a way to screw it up. Injuries, getting fat, drug test failures. The guy finds a way.
Wrong. 

Lots of lost houses in there. 

Wow, you are even wrong about saying your were right.  You said in Aug of last season he would play this season. 

""  On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Soulfly3 said:

Josh Gordon plays this season.""

He didn't and you say you ended up being right? :shock:  
you're every bit as stupid as I thought you were.

Wow, you are even wrong about saying your were right.  You said in Aug of last season he would play this season. 

""  On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Soulfly3 said:

Josh Gordon plays this season.""

He didn't and you say you ended up being right? :shock:  
How did Josh Gordon end up with 335 yards and a TD if he didn't play last season?

As someone who is sometimes right (I was dead to right on RGIII being a bum) and often loud wrong (like that time I referenced Kobe beating Lebron in the finals :bag:  ), it’ll be interesting to see if Bazinga mans up and says he was wrong or avoids the thread entirely or comes up with a lame excuse. 

Anybody want to bet their house on which? 

Can't be entirely sure, but I think Bazinga is the type to avoid/disappear than to apologize to me. 

Very bizarre relationship w the ol' Fly. The harmless ol' Fly.

Jeffery didn’t hit 800 yards. Sucked to me.
That is fair, but he was healthy, clean and in shape, scored 9 TDs, was WR18 for standard, had 219 yards and 3 TDs in the post season. I am sorry, but I have to say you were wrong. Feel free to appeal though. 

:thumbup:  In all the history of being wrong this is the wrongest of them all.
Did you happen to sleep through the Trent Richardson years?  There was more mass "wrong" being thrown out on that one guy than I could ever produce if I tried full time. 

Yeah, I was dead wrong on that one.  Dead right on others.  Think it's what they call law of averages or something. 

Did you happen to sleep through the Trent Richardson years?  There was more mass "wrong" being thrown out on that one guy than I could ever produce if I tried full time. 

Yeah, I was dead wrong on that one.  Dead right on others.  Think it's what they call law of averages or something. 
Just busting in the context of the thread. We all have many hits and bad misses - nature of the beast.

Serious question, who was more wrong: the TRich backers, or the Christine Michel truthers?

Answer is neither -- it was the Amari Cooper is the New GOAT Squad

:blush:  

Serious question, who was more wrong: the TRich backers, or the Christine Michel truthers?

Answer is neither -- it was the Amari Cooper is the New GOAT Squad

:blush:  
2018 with Gruden, Cooper is a can't miss. He's got the best HC in the league, his last 7 years with Tampa he went 57-55. That's a positive record folks. He also was in charge of some high powered offenses, he ranked top 20 in offense 5 of those 7 years! He only failed to be top 17 all 7 years because of how good his defense was! And the new OC is a future hall of fame TE, Greg Olson. Oh, wait, different guy? Olsen vs Olson. Ok. So who is this guy? He's the guy who was fired from St. Louis, Tampa, Oakland, and Jacksonville. His passing offenses have been top 15 once in the last 8 years, and it was purely because of the Garbage Man, Blake Bortles, putting up huge numbers in the 4th with the team down by 4 scores.

In summary, Cooper can't fail. He's got an old school head coach who traditionally loves good D and a solid run game, and an offensive coordinator who has worked for 1/6 of the league and keeps getting fired because he's bad at his job.

Who wouldn't bet their house on that this year?

This thread reminds me why the shark pool has become mostly worthless for predictions, analysis, and ff prognostication.

2018 with Gruden, Cooper is a can't miss. He's got the best HC in the league, his last 7 years with Tampa he went 57-55. That's a positive record folks. He also was in charge of some high powered offenses, he ranked top 20 in offense 5 of those 7 years! He only failed to be top 17 all 7 years because of how good his defense was! And the new OC is a future hall of fame TE, Greg Olson. Oh, wait, different guy? Olsen vs Olson. Ok. So who is this guy? He's the guy who was fired from St. Louis, Tampa, Oakland, and Jacksonville. His passing offenses have been top 15 once in the last 8 years, and it was purely because of the Garbage Man, Blake Bortles, putting up huge numbers in the 4th with the team down by 4 scores.

In summary, Cooper can't fail. He's got an old school head coach who traditionally loves good D and a solid run game, and an offensive coordinator who has worked for 1/6 of the league and keeps getting fired because he's bad at his job.

Who wouldn't bet their house on that this year?
Me, because I already bet my house on this happening last year. 

This thread reminds me why the shark pool has become mostly worthless for predictions, analysis, and ff prognostication.
It was never any different. FF is a guessing game and you can't predict for the million factors that go into every single prediction

it is what it is. 

It was never any different. FF is a guessing game and you can't predict for the million factors that go into every single prediction

it is what it is. 
It gets a lot easier if you make things conditional. Aaron Rodgers will be a top 10 fantasy QB if he, Adams, and Cobb don't miss any games. Mitch Trubisky will have his best year in the NFL if he starts all 16 games this season. Drew Brees will end the season older than Jameis Winston. Saquon Barkley will be a top 3 RB if he goes to Cleveland, and Zeke, David Johnson, Leveon, Gurley, Gordon, Fournette, and Kamara all miss at least 10 games each.

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
Soulfly3 said:
BassNBrew said:

it is what it is. 
I disagree.  If it was a guessing game, the FBG crowd would be right about half of the time.  They are consistently wrong about 80%+ in these types of threads.

I disagree.  If it was a guessing game, the FBG crowd would be right about half of the time.  They are consistently wrong about 80%+ in these types of threads.
These aren't coin tosses. 

Same as it ever was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread