What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Cobra Kai" -- The Karate Kid Series sequel (3 Viewers)

Missed this thread -- will have to go back and read it all, but was aware of this when it released and thought cool but a little gimmicky.

Started watching and really like it. William Zabka is a much better actor than I ever thought he could be, and the premise and execution is well done and even endearing.

Really, really good show.

Anyone remember a movie Macchio made in between the first two Karate Kid films called "Crossroads"?

It was basically the same concept except for a guitar in place of karate, and instead of a showdown with the school bully it was a battle against the devil. 

A reboot would include Jami Gertz and Steve Vai. 

Anyone remember a movie Macchio made in between the first two Karate Kid films called "Crossroads"?

It was basically the same concept except for a guitar in place of karate, and instead of a showdown with the school bully it was a battle against the devil. 

A reboot would include Jami Gertz and Steve Vai. 
Crossroads was awesome. Interestingly Vai was the one who played the Paganini classical piece that Ralph used to beat the devil. 

Just watched the first 3 episodes of the new season. Episode 2 was hysterical.  My son couldn’t stop laughing at various moments.

Not through the whole series yet, but I do have a question.

So, Terry Silver copied the look of the guy he got killed in Vietnam? That’s sad...

Not through the whole series yet, but I do have a question.

So, Terry Silver copied the look of the guy he got killed in Vietnam? That’s sad...

Yeah, that was a big time fake out.  I can almost hear the conversation in the writer’s room. We’ll have a ponytail guy, but then we’ll have him get killed!  People will be so confused!!!

I am so hit or miss with this.  I find the need to hit every beat, one-liner, scene from the Karate Kid movies to be to a new level of distracting this season (I know a bit of that is on me for watching those movies too many times), but keep watching mostly for Johnny.  

I am so hit or miss with this.  I find the need to hit every beat, one-liner, scene from the Karate Kid movies to be to a new level of distracting this season (I know a bit of that is on me for watching those movies too many times), but keep watching mostly for Johnny.  
Johnny Lawrence is easily in my top five favorite tv show characters of the last five years. 

Johnny Lawrence is easily in my top five favorite tv show characters of the last five years. 
The show really excels when it was about the Johnny/Daniel reversal and seeing it more through Johnny's eyes.  For me I think where it started going south is when Kreese took over so much screen time.  I find him pretty cringe-worthy.  

The show really excels when it was about the Johnny/Daniel reversal and seeing it more through Johnny's eyes.  For me I think where it started going south is when Kreese took over so much screen time.  I find him pretty cringe-worthy.  
I am four episodes into S3, but I agree with this.  A 70-year old man, who looks 85, still trying to act all bad ### and whatnot comes off as pathetic. His old, flabby arms do not help the look either. :lol:  

The show is still good, nostalgic fun, but this tendency for violence to break out at any time is a bit much.  "What, you looked at me funny? Fine, I will karate kick the crap out of you and break your ribs!!" 

Ghost Rider said:
I am four episodes into S3, but I agree with this.  A 70-year old man, who looks 85, still trying to act all bad ### and whatnot comes off as pathetic. His old, flabby arms do not help the look either. :lol:  

The show is still good, nostalgic fun, but this tendency for violence to break out at any time is a bit much.  "What, you looked at me funny? Fine, I will karate kick the crap out of you and break your ribs!!" 
...not just that, but QuickBooks won’t give me a refund since I had bought into Kreese’s Koala Kai reformation. 

KarmaPolice said:

It took me a few minutes to remember what Ali was referencing with regards to a broken transistor radio. That would seem to be an odd thing to bring up after thirty years apart, but I thought it was kind of clever.

Yeah would be better with way less kreese.   Still love it though

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 2 was fine but I did not find it hysterical.  Other episodes in the season were much funnier.
Yeah, not sure what was so funny.  After 4 episodes, my biggest laugh was probably Johnny trying to sell back the laptop.  "The battery died".  "Did you plug it in?" "You said it was wireless!" 

Just finished the season.  We all loved it.

I am so embarrassed I did not realize that was Terry Silver until the very last second of the war flash back scene.    Very cool. 

I like Mary Mouser in her role as Sam but my god did she get all her athletic ability from her on screen dad :)   I am not sure they could have cast some one who looks and moves less like a martial artist than her.

Payton List's boob job was entirely unnecessary.  She was fantastic looking and now looks all out of proportion.

I was bummed that Aisha was written out of the season but producers have hinted that she could come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished the season.  We all loved it.

I am so embarrassed I did not realize that was Terry Silver until the very last second of the war flash back scene.    Very cool. 

I like Mary Mouser in her role as Sam but my god did she get all her athletic ability from her on screen dad :)   I am not sure they could have cast some one who looks and moves less like a martial artist than her.

Payton List's boob job was entirely unnecessary.  She was fantastic looking and now looks all out of proportion.
The soccer playing was worse than the karate....

I thought season 3 kept getting better as it went along. The Johnny Lawrence parts carry the show, and I understand why they use Kreese as the big bad, but he does get too much screen time. I like the acknowledgment of the second and third movies in Daniel's B story too.

I thought season 3 kept getting better as it went along. The Johnny Lawrence parts carry the show, and I understand why they use Kreese as the big bad, but he does get too much screen time. I like the acknowledgment of the second and third movies in Daniel's B story too.
Johnny remains the heart and soul of the show, but the Okinawa scenes were my favorites of this season.  Chozen’s redemption - I’m here for it

Users who are viewing this thread