What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Rams at 49ers TNF Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Seems dumb that Trent Taylor isn't getting more usage out of the slot for SF. I know Shanahan isn't really known for his slot WR's production but come on, guy is easily the #2 best WR on the roster behind the aging Garcon.

What's wrong with the game so far? I don't get why everyone is complaining.
It is fundamentally sloppy. So many mistakes. No real flow.  The talent in most NFL games isn't consistent across the board these days and most games look ugly more than good. 

People will have different opinions, of course, but, by and large, you could watch a game 15 years ago that was a 17-14 defensive slobber-knocker and it was a thing of beauty compared to the product on the field now.  If it were not for fantasy, NFL football would be #3 in American sports.

Seems dumb that Trent Taylor isn't getting more usage out of the slot for SF. I know Shanahan isn't really known for his slot WR's production but come on, guy is easily the #2 best WR on the roster behind the aging Garcon.
Yeah.  Kid is quick and shifty.  Plus, he can actually catch the ball

That ball bounced right off Kittles sternum. Terrible
Brutal series - as a Niner fan, woulda loved a TD drive off that turnover. Instead they went backwards.

as a Mark Barron owner, I lost the sick chase down tackle on 2nd to an accepted holding penalty, and on the next play Kittle drops the ball when Barron woulda had yet another guaranteed tackle. :doh:  

Agreed. Sick of people complaining about football. What's next? Complaining about sex?
Yeah, I am not watching it on the TV, but 17-10 in this game midway through the second quarter is about double the amount of points i expected to this point.  Seems like some like to complain just to complain.

It is fundamentally sloppy. So many mistakes. No real flow.  The talent in most NFL games isn't consistent across the board these days and most games look ugly more than good. 

People will have different opinions, of course, but, by and large, you could watch a game 15 years ago that was a 17-14 defensive slobber-knocker and it was a thing of beauty compared to the product on the field now.  If it were not for fantasy, NFL football would be #3 in American sports.

Read a really good article recently about how the rookie wage scale (and the way it incentivizes FO's to over-roster young/cheap scrubs on rookie contracts) has caused mid-tier veteran talent to start to disappear from the league, leading to a sloppier and less disciplined game. And connected to that, the Pats are the team with the most of those average veteran contracts on their roster, which could help explain why they are generally more precise/disciplined than the average team. Once again taking advantage of an imbalance in the market to gain a slight advantage. 

Yeah, I am not watching it on the TV, but 17-10 in this game midway through the second quarter is about double the amount of points i expected to this point.  Seems like some like to complain just to complain.
So the guy who isn't watching the game is complaining about the people who are complying because they ARE watching the game.  Obviously this is a GREAT game that we have enough time to go three levels deep into this fantasy pillow fight.

So the guy who isn't watching the game is complaining about the people who are complying because they ARE watching the game.  Obviously this is a GREAT game that we have enough time to go three levels deep into this fantasy pillow fight.
I was only commenting on the fact that the narrative this year has been that the ratings have dropped and it is a down year.  Seems easy to jump on that narrative at all costs as it is the popular opinion.  This is 2 of the worst franchises and they are going back and forth scoring and we are complaining about this.

LOL what a commercial to show in a 9ers prime time game, Russell Wilson making 9er defenders look like clumsy fools...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not for nothing but I'll again point out the brilliance of that Russell Wilson / Niners D "has em on skates" with the 70s skating rink vibe. Awesome. 

Read a really good article recently about how the rookie wage scale (and the way it incentivizes FO's to over-roster young/cheap scrubs on rookie contracts) has caused mid-tier veteran talent to start to disappear from the league, leading to a sloppier and less disciplined game. And connected to that, the Pats are the team with the most of those average veteran contracts on their roster, which could help explain why they are generally more precise/disciplined than the average team. Once again taking advantage of an imbalance in the market to gain a slight advantage. 
That's a really good thought/connection. I hadn't thought much of it in recent years but I do remember when that change came around there was talk that the mid-level vets would feel the squeeze in all this. Maybe it has come to pass. Add to it that teams don't get enough practice time to come together as a unit and all the rules that don't allow hitting as much and it is kind of easy to see why this has become flag football on steroids overshadowed by revenue angles out the butt. 

I was only commenting on the fact that the narrative this year has been that the ratings have dropped and it is a down year.  Seems easy to jump on that narrative at all costs as it is the popular opinion.  This is 2 of the worst franchises and they are going back and forth scoring and we are complaining about this.
I get your point and I'm not picking but my point is , yeah, there is scoring but scoring in itself doesn't make it a quality product. Its like watching watching an old NBA basketball game where the Suns beat the Hornets 134-128. There's scoring but you know its not the quality of the Jazz and Bulls that score 104 on any given night but look 100X better in every facet of it. 

as a Mark Barron owner, I lost the sick chase down tackle on 2nd to an accepted holding penalty, and on the next play Kittle drops the ball when Barron woulda had yet another guaranteed tackle. :doh:  
Seems like if a blocker gets to him he's done.

Agreed. Sick of people complaining about football. What's next? Complaining about sex?
I was wondering the same thing. 17-10 halfway through the second quarter. What the hell's wrong with that? Some people just aren't happy if they're not bltching

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread