What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Corey Clement Thread (1 Viewer)

Is it full PPR? I don't know what I'm going to do, it's a tough choice. I think I'd go Cole over Yeldon though. 
I'm starting Yeldon in a .5 PPR over Cole. I also have Fournette. I just think Yeldon will get more chances. Like I said, I like Cole a lot. Now, Yeldon is questionable, yet seems like a go?

Starting him over B.Cooks and K.Allen, both of who I see struggling today. Bold move, hoping for a big payoff.

Obviously Clement may have a great game this week but I really hate all the people who say that he's in line for a monster workload like they've never watched a single PHI game coached by Pederson in their life. 
That’s what makes this situation so frustrating.  Under “normal”circumstances (non-Pederson), Clement would be a lock for a big workload.  Being were he is, it makes the decision between him and other viable options (Lindsay, Collins, etc) really difficult.

Those are my 2 starting WR's this week... shut your mouth!
Usually mine too, but Golladay in a Sun night shoot out and Clements vs the hapless Bills, feels better than Allen vs those two stud corners, and Cooks vs a decent def and shared catches with Kupp, Woods, and Ecklar this week.

Obviously Clement may have a great game this week but I really hate all the people who say that he's in line for a monster workload like they've never watched a single PHI game coached by Pederson in their life. 
But, Clement could have a monster game. And he could fall flat...

Normally I'd agree with you, but the only the only competition for RB touches is Smallwood and Adams.  I don't see Adams getting more than a handful of carries and Smallwood is just trying to prove he belongs. I think CC could get 20+ touches.

Starting Latavius and Drake at RB.

Cooks and Cole at flex.

Miller, Clement, and Lindsay on the bench. Wondering if Clement should be played over Drake or maybe one of my flex WRs.

Decisions decisions.

Normally I'd agree with you, but the only the only competition for RB touches is Smallwood and Adams. I don't see Adams getting more than a handful of carries and Smallwood is just trying to prove he belongs. I think CC could get 20+ touches.
I mean, like I posted earlier Clement played on 42% of the snaps and was utilized 12 times where as Smallwood played on 30% of the snaps and was utilized 8 times last week. Even though Smallwood sucks Pederson will still run him.

I'm expecting ~15 touches for Clement. He could get 20+ touches but I imagine PHI would need to be playing catch-up for a lot of the game for that to happen.

Starting Latavius and Drake at RB.

Cooks and Cole at flex.

Miller, Clement, and Lindsay on the bench. Wondering if Clement should be played over Drake or maybe one of my flex WRs.

Decisions decisions.
Ok.Followed FBG advice and went Clement over Cole.

Good luck all.

I went with Clement over Cole, IND giving up the most receptions to RBs pushed it over the edge for me.

If it doesn't work out I blame no one but myself. 

Even if I do believe Ajayi's injury (injuries?) will cost him time this year, I'm still hesitant to move Clement too far up my draft board because I believe Pederson will always trot out some type of RBBC. If Ajayi goes down, wouldn't Smallwood get some burn? I think Smallwood is a literal stiff, like it looks like hips have been fused to his legs but I can still see him playing on 30% of the snaps and touching the ball 10 times. And if it's not Smallwood it would be Adams right? It's just hard for me to imagine a scenario in which there isn't a RBBC.
Here is my shameless "told you so" bump. Smallwood played on 35% of the snaps and touched the ball 13 times.

I should have listened to myself from early September, that guy knew things. 

Here is my shameless "told you so" bump. Smallwood played on 35% of the snaps and touched the ball 13 times.

I should have listened to myself from early September, that guy knew things. 
He still had 19 touches. This system doesn't use a workhorse, but anyone who went with Clement didn't lose because of him. Yeah it would have been great if he got a touchdown and this was definitely disappointing but ppr leagues got tolerable production. 

He still had 19 touches. This system doesn't use a workhorse, but anyone who went with Clement didn't lose because of him. Yeah it would have been great if he got a touchdown and this was definitely disappointing but ppr leagues got tolerable production.
I just found it funny that my snap/touch prediction was pretty accurate, it's seemingly all I'm good at. I also take solace in the fact that I wasn't getting production out of my flex regardless as to who I plugged in that week.

I agree that the 19 touches was a good sign, I wonder if I went back and looked at game logs if that's a high for RBs in this system. I'll do it tomorrow. 

Opportunity was there but he didn’t deliver. Given Smallwood looked good too, anyone trusting Clement again?

Volume may be similar as last week but what’s to say he won’t disappoint fantasy-wise again? 

Not sure I saw enough to make me think that even with same usage things will be different from last week in terms of his performance, split with Smallwood, etc.

And he also came into the game at less than 100%.  Wouldn't shock me if he has a much bigger game this week.  Eagles are going to have the ball alot in nashville

Opportunity was there but he didn’t deliver. Given Smallwood looked good too, anyone trusting Clement again?

Volume may be similar as last week but what’s to say he won’t disappoint fantasy-wise again? 

Not sure I saw enough to make me think that even with same usage things will be different from last week in terms of his performance, split with Smallwood, etc.
If Ajayi and Sproles sit, I trust Clement and will put him in all my lineups.

Over whom? How do you see the split occurring b/w him and Smallwood.
I'd have him in the mix with any non ppr rb ranked outside the top ten. Drake, Miller, Hyde, Coleman...

Smallwood should still get lots of touches, it's just how this offense works. But as you said, the volume will be there. That's a rarity. Give me a guaranteed 15+ touches and I'll take my chances 

If Ajayi and Sproles are down again this week gonna be hard to keep him on the bench over my other flex options.

Id categorize last week as a bigger “real” football disappointment than one fantasy wise. 9 points in my flex spot 1/2 point PPR isn’t setting the world on fire but not bad for a floor either.

If Ajayi goes this week Clements not seeing anything but my bench though

Ajayi is back at practice but it doesn't look like Sproles is back.

I still think Sproles being out would put Clement in the flex conversation but the match-up doesn't look great.

Users who are viewing this thread