What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Corey Clement Thread (1 Viewer)

You could make an argument that Smallwood with no one behind him is likely to receive more touches than Clement with Smallwood behind him.
You could. I mean, he did play on 30% of the snaps last week (Clement 44%). And was utilized 8 times (Clement 12). If Clement sits Smallwood is at least a RB2. 

Clement (quad) was added to the injury report Friday and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Colts, Zack Rosenblatt of NJ.com reports.

Tom Pelissero of NFL.com reports that Clement is expected to be fine and was merely limited at Friday's practice as a precaution. If that is indeed the case, Clement should be busy Sunday while both Jay Ajayi (back) and Darren Sproles (hamstring) are forced to watch from the sideline. With Ajayi and Sproles officially ruled out, Clement is positioned for the lead role ahead of Wendell Smallwood and Josh Adams, facing a banged-up Indianapolis defense with an obvious deficiency at defensive tackle. We may not have official word on Clement until the Eagles release their inactive list at approximately 11:30 AM ET on Sunday.

Clement (quad) was added to the injury report Friday and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Colts, Zack Rosenblatt of NJ.com reports.

Tom Pelissero of NFL.com reports that Clement is expected to be fine and was merely limited at Friday's practice as a precaution. If that is indeed the case, Clement should be busy Sunday while both Jay Ajayi (back) and Darren Sproles (hamstring) are forced to watch from the sideline. With Ajayi and Sproles officially ruled out, Clement is positioned for the lead role ahead of Wendell Smallwood and Josh Adams, facing a banged-up Indianapolis defense with an obvious deficiency at defensive tackle. We may not have official word on Clement until the Eagles release their inactive list at approximately 11:30 AM ET on Sunday.
This is what I was wondering. Does this mean he injured it yesterday? Because there's a huge difference between tweaking it on Thursday and being limited on Friday versus tweaking it Friday and having to leave practice and being given the "limited" designation.

Because if it's the latter the bolded wouldn't make any sense. 

Drake over Clement, right?
Similar situation. Both in a plus match-ups with likely positive game script getting the same amount of touches and being utilized in the same parts of the field.

I'd lean Drake with the injury news. I'm also super conservative when it comes to injuries though. 

This is what I was wondering. Does this mean he injured it yesterday? Because there's a huge difference between tweaking it on Thursday and being limited on Friday versus tweaking it Friday and having to leave practice and being given the "limited" designation.

Yeah I'm trying to find more info but don't see anything else.  I'll be watching the Eagles news tonight and will pass along anything else I hear.  I'm sure it will be discussed/analyzed/dissected if its anything to worry about.

This is what I was wondering. Does this mean he injured it yesterday? Because there's a huge difference between tweaking it on Thursday and being limited on Friday versus tweaking it Friday and having to leave practice and being given the "limited" designation.

I'm stupid, I literally posted a tweet that said he injured it during practice.

Jeff McLane‏Verified account @Jeff_McLane 37m37 minutes ago

RB Corey Clement (quad) is a new addition to the injury report. Must have injured himself during Friday’s practice. Left the locker room before media showed. #Eagles may have to make a roster move if Ajayi, Sproles and Clement are out.
But the same guy said this..

Jeff McLane‏Verified account @Jeff_McLane 35m35 minutes ago

From what I understand, Corey Clement should be good to go for Sunday.
But IMO, the situation still sucks. 

So he injured it during practice today but was limited as "just a precaution". Did he continue to practice on a limited basis or leave practice after the injury occurred?

I'm just talking to myself here but the situation sounds pretty ####ty to me. If I was someone who was planning on starting Clement and had some extra room I would probably also stash Smallwood just in case. It would be a scary situation for Wentz if Clement sat though as Smallwood isn't great in pass pro. 

I've switched him in and then out and then in for Chris Thompson at flex......John Paulsen at 4for4 (who is pretty good) is high on him this week, but hasn't mentioned the injury in his suggestion either...

Hoping we get some more news this weekend if any Philly reporters run into Clement.

Could easily be something he’s been playing through already and that isn’t going to effect his performance Sunday.

An injury making the report on a given day doesn’t necessarily mean it occurred, reoccurred, got worse that day.

Hoping we get some more news this weekend if any Philly reporters run into Clement.

Could easily be something he’s been playing through already and that isn’t going to effect his performance Sunday.

An injury making the report on a given day doesn’t necessarily mean it occurred, reoccurred, got worse that day.
It happened today. And since he has the vision of a TRex and leans on his athletic ability I'd like him to be near 100% when I play him. 

This doesn't sound as good.

Corey Clement added to injury report, now questionable

by Mike Tagliere | Eagles Correspondent | Fri, Sep 21st 3:13pm EDT

According to Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane, running back Corey Clement has been added to the injury report with a quad injury that he suffered in practice on Friday.

Fantasy Impact:

This is turning into an ugly situation with the Eagles running backs, as both Jay Ajayi and Darren Sproles have already been ruled out for Week 3. The Eagles did call-up Josh Adams from the practice squad this week, but may need to make another move if Clement can't go. McLane did say that he still expects Clement to play on Sunday, but it adds a layer of risk that was already present with Doug Pederson's timeshare ways. If Clement plays on Sunday, consider him an RB3 who is no sure thing. If he can't go, you should expect Wendell Smallwood to lead the timeshare in snaps/touches.

This doesn't sound as good.

Corey Clement added to injury report, now questionable

by Mike Tagliere | Eagles Correspondent | Fri, Sep 21st 3:13pm EDT

According to Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane, running back Corey Clement has been added to the injury report with a quad injury that he suffered in practice on Friday.

Fantasy Impact:

This is turning into an ugly situation with the Eagles running backs, as both Jay Ajayi and Darren Sproles have already been ruled out for Week 3. The Eagles did call-up Josh Adams from the practice squad this week, but may need to make another move if Clement can't go. McLane did say that he still expects Clement to play on Sunday, but it adds a layer of risk that was already present with Doug Pederson's timeshare ways. If Clement plays on Sunday, consider him an RB3 who is no sure thing. If he can't go, you should expect Wendell Smallwood to lead the timeshare in snaps/touches.
Been listening to philly sports radio for a while this afternoon.  They mention CC is "questionable" during the news updates, then talk about him needing to get 15-20 carries.  Seems to be no worry on radio.

Someone hit on it earlier - my guess is he would be designated "probable" if they could.  Still, I'll post anything I hear later tonight.

It happened today. And since he has the vision of a TRex and leans on his athletic ability I'd like him to be near 100% when I play him. 
I see.

Ya this does suck.  I mean you’d think they’ve got to make a roster move if they think he’s out though.  

Decent size question mark now though assuming he’s active. 

Been listening to philly sports radio for a while this afternoon.  They mention CC is "questionable" during the news updates, then talk about him needing to get 15-20 carries.  Seems to be no worry on radio.

Someone hit on it earlier - my guess is he would be designated "probable" if they could.  Still, I'll post anything I hear later tonight.
Anyone trying to own Clement and Smallwood?  Might not be a bad strategy given all things wrong with Ajayi and the fact that Sproles is 35 years old playing the running back position in the NFL... 

I'm going Clement and Latavius at this point with Lamar Miller, Drake, & Lindsay on the bench in a PPR. 2 flex spots I have Cooks and Cole slotted in. All subject to change.

I see.

Ya this does suck. I mean you’d think they’ve got to make a roster move if they think he’s out though.

Decent size question mark now though assuming he’s active.
I'm probably the most pessimistic in here and I still think he plays. I just went from exited to start him to a bit nervous about starting him. I''ll always be concerned if a player I plan on starting injures himself in a Friday practice. 

The quad injury could just mean he bumped into someone too hard during a drill today. He's locked in as their starter so they put him in bubble wrap for the rest of the day.

I went in on him early in the week hoping for this exact roster situation so I'm still starting him confidently.

I’m no Philly expert but I’ve seen both their games this year and I think he’s way better than Ajayi. When he was in against the Bucs I was way more worried than when ajayi was. 

I’m no Philly expert but I’ve seen both their games this year and I think he’s way better than Ajayi. When he was in against the Bucs I was way more worried than when ajayi was. 
Ajayi is a very good runner. He ran for 200+ yards three times in 2016. He breaks tackles. He was the PFFs leader in 2016 in YAC and missed tackles forced: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-metrics-that-matter-jay-ajayis-productive-2016

Clement does a good job at everything, but a healthy Ajayi is definitely  a better runner.

i have him in over burkhead, josh gordon and corey davis.

hope he plays--would love to see him get a big workload so i know what he is--but guess i'll roll the dice with burkhead if we get bad news sunday morning.

I am. DJ to the bench. Dilly Dilly!

Perhaps a small chance they lean more on the run whilst Wentz finds his feet as well. 

I’m talking myself into it -  I’m starting him over DJ and Collins. Just need to pick 2 out of him, Gio and Cooks now. 

EDIT - ^^^ ffs would you believe it haha
Crazy to think DJ has fallen this far after two weeks. I'm starting him without questions. But the bears d is really good...

Someone dropped Clement and if healthy enough to play the dude can have a great game. He's done it before. Perhaps Eagles are super cautious as their options are dwindling? If I pick him up I would have to drop Lindsay or Cole who are slatted to start, or Larry Fitzgerald who is on the bench right now. (Only four bench players). I think I like him better than the two I mentioned and I'm high on them too!

Clement is the kind of player that can get you a couple scores, a few catches, and decent rushing yardage. Yes, it's a .5 ppr league.

I like Clement (this week) better than Lindsay, Cole, and Larry. Long term.... hmmm probably not.

Ajayi is a very good runner. He ran for 200+ yards three times in 2016. He breaks tackles. He was the PFFs leader in 2016 in YAC and missed tackles forced: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-metrics-that-matter-jay-ajayis-productive-2016

Clement does a good job at everything, but a healthy Ajayi is definitely  a better runner.
2016 is a long time ago, especially with the hits he takes. 

Edit: I have both on my team, not that it matters. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2016 is a long time ago, especially with the hits he takes.

Edit: I have both on my team, not that it matters.
I only own Clement and agree with his assessment. I actually find the Clement hype to be slightly baffling, Ajayi looks like the better runner to me. Clement is more rounded, he's more valuable in the passing game, but he doesn't have the vision or feel Ajayi has between the tackles. He just doesn't look like an instinctive runner to me. 

Ajayi owner (he is my RB2 behind Kamara).  Left with Royce Freeman as a starter vs Balt, but I picked up Smallwood when the CC news came out.  With Wentz under center, how much RPO will they utilize until he is comfortable? 

I can see more rush attempts then the normal 25/gm avg but where is the ceiling without Sproles & Ajayi? 

With the CC concern, I am taking the FF risk on Smallwood over Royce! 

SameSongNDance said:
I only own Clement and agree with his assessment. I actually find the Clement hype to be slightly baffling, Ajayi looks like the better runner to me. Clement is more rounded, he's more valuable in the passing game, but he doesn't have the vision or feel Ajayi has between the tackles. He just doesn't look like an instinctive runner to me. 
I guess I should have worded it as way more of a threat overall. Of course Ajayi is a better runner between the tackles. 

Ajayi owner (he is my RB2 behind Kamara).  Left with Royce Freeman as a starter vs Balt, but I picked up Smallwood when the CC news came out.  With Wentz under center, how much RPO will they utilize until he is comfortable? 

I can see more rush attempts then the normal 25/gm avg but where is the ceiling without Sproles & Ajayi? 

With the CC concern, I am taking the FF risk on Smallwood over Royce! 
Never thought I would see that. Sad times. 

This guy is driving me a bit crazy, though I guess it’s a typical boom/bust/lottery ticket. 

Trying to decide if I want to keep Godwin / Djax or grab this guy. Anyone else have similar choices?

This guy is driving me a bit crazy, though I guess it’s a typical boom/bust/lottery ticket. 

Trying to decide if I want to keep Godwin / Djax or grab this guy. Anyone else have similar choices?
It's not a drop/add thing for me; it's a start/bench option.  Clement or Collins?  Finkle or Einhorn?  They both play at 1:00, so I will decide at 12:59.  This is why I really want to know how "injured" he is.

Corey

Clement - RB -  Eagles

Corey Clement (questionable, quad) is expected to play Week 3 against the Colts.

There was some concern after Clement tweaked his quad at Friday's practice, but luckily it was just a minor setback. Clement should see a substantial workload with Jay Ajayi (back) and Darren Sproles (hamstring) both sidelined for Week 3. That makes him worthy of RB2 consideration in all fantasy formats.

Matthew Berry‏Verified account @MatthewBerryTMR

Sal Pal reporting live from PHILLY on #FFNOW. Says he expects a "A lot of Corey Clement" ... he also expects a lot of looks to Ryan Grant for INDY.
I have to choose between Clement, Cole or maybe even Grant in my flex. Leaning Cole right now. 

i've got clement in there over burkhead, corey davis and josh gordon.

not really a tough decision...

Users who are viewing this thread