What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 13 (1 Viewer)

I hadn't done it for a few weeks and I was curious what the list would look like.  Here were the RBs that have had the most touches/game over the last 4 weeks.  The ones is red have also had 18+ touches in the RZ on the year and the ones bolded were going against a D that has given up top 10 pts/game to RBs over the last few weeks too.  I put them in order of touches/game..

Bell, ADP, Gordon, Fournette, Hyde, Gore, Lynch, Collins, Mixon, Gurley, J.Williams, L.Murray, L.Miller, Darkwa, Ingram, McCoy, Hunt, Crowell, McKinnon, D.Lewis.  

This isn't an end all, be all list or anything, I just thought it might be a good place to start for ideas and thought I would pass it along.  To dig deeper, I want to look at the RZ usage lately.  D.Lewis stuck out b/c he was hurt half the year and still has all those RZ opps.  Somebody like Gordon or Hunt might be trending a different way, and I was to take a peek.  

ETA:

Home Favorites: Gordon, Fournette, Lynch, Collins, J.Williams

Favorites: Bell, Gurley, Hunt, D.Lewis

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just curious - what was the reason they gave for not using Gurley in cash?
Felt the game script may not be favorable and also referenced the low yards per attempt that Arizona is allowing.  Ultimately, there was a feeling that there where just cheaper options that will produce as many points.  Also, the FBG roundtable that asked about building around running backs, Gurley was not listed by one people or even mentioned as an option.  I am getting the impression that there are several home favorites in good spots and that is influencing people.

Felt the game script may not be favorable and also referenced the low yards per attempt that Arizona is allowing.  Ultimately, there was a feeling that there where just cheaper options that will produce as many points.  Also, the FBG roundtable that asked about building around running backs, Gurley was not listed by one people or even mentioned as an option.  I am getting the impression that there are several home favorites in good spots and that is influencing people.
Interesting.  So are they advocating to use 2 cheaper backs and cram in 2 high $ WRs or a TE like Gronk?

So it seems like there are some cheap RBs people love, Henry/Cook seem to be chalk.  Like Galileo asked - what are we spending salary on this week?

Right now I have in cash:  Wilson - Gurley/D.Lewis - Hopkins/D.Adams/M.Lee - Henry - Gostkowski - Jax.  

I guess dropping down to another cheaper back could get me something like:  Wilson - 6.2KRb/D.Lewis - Hopkins/Adams/Kupp - Gronk - Succup - Jax.   or Thielen/Walker instead of Kupp/Gronk.  

For cheaper RB I like Howard and Lewis.

Surprised how expensive the Raider D is since they are terrible. Either paying up for Jags or going Chi seems like the move. I see Det/Balt being a FG fest so getting a K there.

For cheaper RB I like Howard and Lewis.

Surprised how expensive the Raider D is since they are terrible. Either paying up for Jags or going Chi seems like the move. I see Det/Balt being a FG fest so getting a K there.
I was surprised Howard was not mentioned more as well and am taking a harder look at Henry, with Murray being limited and with the recent move of touches going more in Henry's direction.

Also, pretty sure the chalk D of the week will be LAC but I agree that Chic is a good cheap option.

What is the weather in Balt looking like?  Novak and Lambo are 2 K I'm considering for salary relief

KarmaPolice said:
Interesting.  So are they advocating to use 2 cheaper backs and cram in 2 high $ WRs or a TE like Gronk?

So it seems like there are some cheap RBs people love, Henry/Cook seem to be chalk.  Like Galileo asked - what are we spending salary on this week?

Right now I have in cash:  Wilson - Gurley/D.Lewis - Hopkins/D.Adams/M.Lee - Henry - Gostkowski - Jax.  

I guess dropping down to another cheaper back could get me something like:  Wilson - 6.2KRb/D.Lewis - Hopkins/Adams/Kupp - Gronk - Succup - Jax.   or Thielen/Walker instead of Kupp/Gronk.  
I see a lot of talk about Gordon and Howard this week. 

KarmaPolice said:

I am also seeing talk of the big three TEs: Kelce, Ertz, and Gronk.  More Ertz and Gronk than others. 

I am also seeing talk of the big three TEs: Kelce, Ertz, and Gronk.  More Ertz and Gronk than others. 
If you are looking for salary relief at the TE position keep a close eye on Jags LB TSmith, he is in the concussion protocol right now and if he can't go Sunday Doyle becomes a very good play 

I see a lot of talk about Gordon and Howard this week. 
Howard is just SO game script dependent since he doesn't have a role in the passing game.  He is probably fine if you think the Bears get ahead and stay that way (if that's the case its probably wise to pair him with the Bears D.)  If you think Jimmy G can give a spark to SF and they can get a win, then I think Howard is almost unusable.  

The other trouble I am having with Howard is his price.  There are other backs with just as good of a matchup cheaper, or guys like Gordon and Ingram just a few hundred more. 

I probably need to put together another 'fade list' gpp, and have him and Kamara on it. 

Looks like Trufant is out and another Atl CB is banged up.  I am really liking Diggs this week, and Minny in general.  I just read Diggs is now going up against a dude giving up 80+% catch rate.  

Howard is just SO game script dependent since he doesn't have a role in the passing game.  He is probably fine if you think the Bears get ahead and stay that way (if that's the case its probably wise to pair him with the Bears D.)  If you think Jimmy G can give a spark to SF and they can get a win, then I think Howard is almost unusable.  

The other trouble I am having with Howard is his price.  There are other backs with just as good of a matchup cheaper, or guys like Gordon and Ingram just a few hundred more. 

I probably need to put together another 'fade list' gpp, and have him and Kamara on it. 
I agree that Howard needs a favorable game script. Jimmy G or not, I think the Bears keep it competitive and Howard gets his touches this week. 

If you are looking for salary relief at the TE position keep a close eye on Jags LB TSmith, he is in the concussion protocol right now and if he can't go Sunday Doyle becomes a very good play 
Good info. Is everyone considering Cook and Henry, at TE, to save some cash too?

Good info. Is everyone considering Cook and Henry, at TE, to save some cash too?
I am, Cook is my cash TE and Henry in my 5 man. Going Brady/Gronk in gpp.

Any Raider homers here?  trying to decide which cheap WR (Roberts 4.9 Holton 4.5) to use with the top 2 out for the game. Currently thinking Holton as he has more TD upside but with Roberts being the slot guy he may see more targets and have better chemistry. 

I am, Cook is my cash TE and Henry in my 5 man. Going Brady/Gronk in gpp.

Any Raider homers here?  trying to decide which cheap WR (Roberts 4.9 Holton 4.5) to use with the top 2 out for the game. Currently thinking Holton as he has more TD upside but with Roberts being the slot guy he may see more targets and have better chemistry. 
I've had Cook in my line up all week as well.  I was entertaining the idea of one of the OAK WRs for a while, but I think I will just steer clear of that.  If you are thinking of going there, Patterson is in the conversation too.  I just don't have faith in any of them.

Anyone crazy enough to roll out Hundley in their cash line up at $6400?  I think he has a good chance to return value vs. Tampa.   I cobbled together this mix which doesn't look too bad...

Hundley - Gordon/Howard - Hopkins/Anderson/Westbrook - Gronkowski - Lambo - Chargers

Still have $300...could slip Funchess into the Anderson spot.  Or could replace Lambo with one of the $4500 kickers and get that WR spot up to Cooks or M. Thomas

Here is my fade team gpp:

Cam - Kamara/Howard - Funchess/C.Davis/J.Gordon - Kelce - K - Bears D

I am working on a couple of my SE gpps  - just doing 2-3 since I will be away from the computer tonight.  

I did a couple more fun 25cent gpps with:  Denv/Miami game stack of: Siemien/D.Thomas/Sanders + Parker/J.Thomas,  Hundley/Adams/Nelson, and Bortles/Westbrook/Lee.

Current cash LU:  Wilson - Gurley/Jwill - Hopkins/Cooks/Lee - Henry - Forbath - Jax.

Good Luck tomorrow, all!

KarmaPolice said:
Here is my fade team gpp:

Cam - Kamara/Howard - Funchess/C.Davis/J.Gordon - Kelce - K - Bears D

I am working on a couple of my SE gpps  - just doing 2-3 since I will be away from the computer tonight.  

I did a couple more fun 25cent gpps with:  Denv/Miami game stack of: Siemien/D.Thomas/Sanders + Parker/J.Thomas,  Hundley/Adams/Nelson, and Bortles/Westbrook/Lee.

Current cash LU:  Wilson - Gurley/Jwill - Hopkins/Cooks/Lee - Henry - Forbath - Jax.

Good Luck tomorrow, all!
I like that cash lineup. 

What I have been debating is if I should try to get D.Adams in there instead of Lee, but that would require me to drop down to a D like Balt. 
I wouldn't overthink it. Indy's top CB is out again I believe, leaving Lee with a really solid matchup. I loved Balt defense early, but the more I look at DET, they really don't turn the ball over all that much. May just be a low scoring affair in that one. 

What I have been debating is if I should try to get D.Adams in there instead of Lee, but that would require me to drop down to a D like Balt. 
I like a few cheaper D, but Jaguars are the most consistent and in such a good spot. It is hard not to just pay up and trust them.  I love Adams this week, but Lee is in a great spot. 

Novak to IR...any chance FanDuel adds Coons to the player pool?  Cleveland has been giving up a ton of fantasy points to kickers.  

My last minute observations and thoughts:

Everyone is hating on Geno Smith, and I get that he hasn't been a stud.  But I'm throwing him out there in a couple GPPs.  He's got Shepard and Engram, Oakland is doo doo vs the pass. New York has no run game.  Stranger things have happened.

I'm liking several cheap(er) receivers to have nice days.  Marquis Lee, Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp, Paul Richardson, Marqis Goodwin, Mohammed Sanu, Jeremy Maclin... slightly more, but even so, Stefon Diggs, Mike Evans and Robby Anderson are all pretty reasonable.

Most of my thoughts on RBs have already been stated by others or are obvious - Lynch, Howard, Wiliams, etc...  Some that haven't been mentioned/mentioned much:

Isaiah Crowell/Duke Johnson - SD not so great against the run. Josh Gordan and Corey Coleman together will make defenses have to be honest.  One of these guys might put up some good numbers.

Derrick Henry - anyone else feel like they're grinding Murray into the ground and keeping Henry fresh for some late-fall exotic-smashmouth? If so, perhaps a late-season divisional matchup could herald the changing of the guard.

Carlos Hyde - doing a lot of his damage on checkdowns... will they still be there with Garoppolo?  I'm fading him.

Devonta Freeman - Wasn't having the greatest season to begin with, Coleman played well in his absence, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach and fading.

Kareem Hunt - burned us all several times now. But at $6900?  Charcandarick West is out?  I gotta get at least a little of that, just to be safe!

Latavius Murray - I think we're underestimating him.  He can bang between the tackles and has an extra gear.  

There's a few decent options at TE that have been talked about, I'm going to stay on the Gronk wagon. Again, he's FROM Buffalo, grew up a Bills fan, now can't stand Bills fans and has been studly EVERY. LAST. TIME.he's played in Buffalo.  I've got a lot of Gronk.

Likewise, Tom Brady usually plays really well against the Bills, especially in Buffalo (see: Gronk).  Have you seen what the weather is going to be like in Buffalo tomorrow?  Sunny and 50 degrees.  You know what we call Sunny and 50 degrees in upstate NY?  SUMMER.  It's been a solid two weeks since the Bills have humiliated their fans, and what better way to do it then against the most hated Patriots?

So in general, start your Patriots.  I don't know if it'll be Burkhead or Lewis, Amendola or Cooks, but I can tell you Gronk and Brady will be top 3 @ their positions this week.  There will be plenty to go around.  

I'm paying up for Jacksonville about 50% of the time this week.  I also like Denver as a cheap option.

At kicker, I'm paying up for Zuerlein.  He's had too many big games to not get him in as many lineups as possible.I like Hauschka and McManus as cheaper alternatives.

Good luck this week!

Chalkiest lineup ever created:

Tom Brady

Marshawn Lynch

Melvin Gordon

Cooper Kupp

Davante Adams

Mike Evans

Delanie Walker

Josh Lambo

Chargers D

My cash L/U, for better or for worse - QB/Hundley, RB/Gurley - Howard, WR/Hopkins - Evans - D. Adams, TE/Cook, K/Succop, DEF/LAR

1st GPP [single entry] - QB/Siemian, RB/Kamara - L. Murray, WR/Funchess - D. Thomas - D. Parker, TE/Gronkowski, K/Lutz, DEF/LAC

Gonna throw in a few $.025's in as well.

$.25 entries:

1) QB/Wilson, RB/Gurley - Lynch, WR/Jeffrey - R. Anderson - Sanu, TE/Walker, K/Tucker, DEF/TEN

2) QB/Wentz, RB/Fournette - J. Williams, WR/Diggs - Kupp - Sanu, TE/Ertz, K/Lutz, DEF/JAX

3) QB/Winston, RB/Ingram - A. Collins, WR/Hopkins - Evans - D. Adams, TE/Walker, K/Lutz, DEF/LAC

4) QB/Rivers, RB/Fournette/L. Murray, WR/K. Allen - R. Anderson - S. Roberts, TE/Walker, K/Lambo, DEF/JAX

Adding a freeroll: QB/Brady, RB/Gurley - D. Lewis, WR/D. Thomas - D. Parker - Ginn Jr., TE/Gronkowski, K/Lambo, DEF/OAK

R. Mathews is out, so, going heavy on D. Walker. Roberts in the 4th $.25 is a low-ownership dart-throw that could pay off. Along w/ OAK's defense on the free-roll. I think Geno stands a better chance of shaking off the rust in the form of INT's, fumbles & sacks then he does in throwing for 250 & 2 TD's.

Also just found a headline that I thought was interesting: Andy Reid to turn play calling duties over to the OC. Not sure how that affects their offensive output today though.

After seeing ownership % projections, I switched to a probably unhealthy amount of Keenum in gpp.  

Here's to hoping for a big game there. :banned:

cash lineups 1 $2 50/50 each

wilson gordon williams theilen hopkins adams cook praeter chargers

rivers howard gurley ginn diggs hopkins henry lambo rams

$1 SE GPP

brady mckinnon fournette lee cooks roberts gronk forbath packers

.25 gppd

brees hunt collins thomas julio cooks cook tucker bears

smith ingram hunt kupp funchess jeffery kelce bryant bears

good luck all!!!

I like Keenum to have a good week again, I do have him in one lineup.

I went in big on Brady, Gronk, Lynch, Kupp, Adams, Evans, Jax ... mixed and matched from there.  Lots of chalk, but I'm trying to not be so contrarian this week because lately that's just made points contrary to my roster.

Even if Jones comes back you gotta think they play Williams most snaps as his production last week was stellar.  I watched the whole game pretty closely, Hundley was looking his way nearly every snap - and they used the over the middle drop off pass with him many times in addition to his carries.  

Maybe Jones' return to the practice field will scare a lot of players off Williams which will be a good thing for GPP's but I'm all in at his price point. 
So far so good, Aaron who?

KarmaPolice said:
Yep- it was another Burkhead day, and so far the winning combo was stacking Smith with Hill and Kelce. 
and I stacked Hill Kelce with Hunt, Ill just never learn :bag:  So far it looks like I picked all the right cheap guys and all the wrong high priced guys.

and I stacked Hill Kelce with Hunt, Ill just never learn :bag:  So far it looks like I picked all the right cheap guys and all the wrong high priced guys.
Currently the same here.  I had a Collins/J.williams combo paired with the minny/atl game stack. 

In first in my league, and cashing in my 2xs, so hopefully it will be a + week still.  

Still have a few gpps doing ok, just nothing crushing right now. 

Hundley is killing me. So is Evans, but he seems to be killing everyone. 
I through a Hundley/Williams/Adams line up into the History Channel/Knightfall free roll.  He and Adams sucked, but the line up scored 124.86. No shot at the tourny, but better than my cash line up so far.  :(

My cash lineup is teetering right around the cut lines in all my contests.  Still have Wentz to go, so hopefully I fall on the profit side of everything, but I suspect there are a lot of players in play from the Sunday night game.

I through a Hundley/Williams/Adams line up into the History Channel/Knightfall free roll.  He and Adams sucked, but the line up scored 124.86. No shot at the tourny, but better than my cash line up so far.  :(

My cash lineup is teetering right around the cut lines in all my contests.  Still have Wentz to go, so hopefully I fall on the profit side of everything, but I suspect there are a lot of players in play from the Sunday night game.
My best lineup still has Russell left, but with a lot of guys in play tonight I doubt I make up much ground. 

My best lineup still has Russell left, but with a lot of guys in play tonight I doubt I make up much ground. 
My Russell lineup got to 167pts.  It was enough to win a 100-man contest and allowed me to break even this weekend.  I still have a little out there for tonight, but not enough to change things much.  I got sucked in with Hundley, but it wouldn't have changed things much.  I used to much Fournette, Gurley, Evans, Cooks, Adams, and Ertz, so QB was the least of my worries.

cash lineups 1 $2 50/50 each

wilson gordon williams theilen hopkins adams cook praeter chargers

rivers howard gurley ginn diggs hopkins henry lambo rams

$1 SE GPP

brady mckinnon fournette lee cooks roberts gronk forbath packers

.25 gppd

brees hunt collins thomas julio cooks cook tucker bears

smith ingram hunt kupp funchess jeffery kelce bryant bears

good luck all!!!
Brees lineup cashed for a $1 and can win $9 with 18.4 points from Brown tonight in my thu-mon league.

My Russell lineup got to 167pts.  It was enough to win a 100-man contest and allowed me to break even this weekend.  I still have a little out there for tonight, but not enough to change things much.  I got sucked in with Hundley, but it wouldn't have changed things much.  I used to much Fournette, Gurley, Evans, Cooks, Adams, and Ertz, so QB was the least of my worries.
Nice.  :thumbup:

Up only a few bucks, but that's a far cry from my performance lately.  Cash LUs did well, and I wish I was around more to get them in a couple more contests, but a + week is a + week.  

The long and short of my week is that it was opposite of what I have been the last several - this week I nailed most of my RBs, PK, and Ds, but whiffed on the stacks I had with them.  

Main cash LU did 121.  My Thurs-Mon is at 121 now with Bell left to go.  That was Wentz - Bell/J.Will - Hopkins/Adams/Lee - Walker - Zeurlein - Balt

My best 2 gpps both only go to 138pts - one was a Philly/Seattle stack with Lynch/Gronk/Zeurlein/NE, and the other was my Jax super stack that had K.Allen with it.  

I got clipped by <2pts in my league yet again (I think I have come in 2nd 4 times now).  I was up by 20+ heading into the afternoon games, I had Lynch and 3 others had a combo of K.Allen and a NO RB, so one of them caught me.  

On to next with with A.Smith as the 2nd highest priced QB and no NE or Pitts players for the main slate!

decent week for me. 22.5 in, 55 out. Hit on both of my main slate $5 double ups, a $2 triple up and had one $2 GPP give me $30 that scored 159.44. If I had anyone other than McCoy and Shepard, both of whom I figured would get littered with targets/touches, I would have gotten some good money. That lineup was... McCown, Williams, McCoy, Anderson, Shepard, Lee, Gronk, Zuerlein, Rams. Still have one T-M lineup sitting at 115 that has bell and AJ green in it that may make in into the cash of a gpp. The rest of my T-M lineups are dead already. 

Guess its time to start looking into next weeks slate. I'm gonna try and post some analysis this week of what I'm thinking to bounce off you all. 

I will tell you this, I entered 6x a .25 contest and made those lineups on the crazier side and it let me focus my cash and main gpp lineups more. I also didn't even adjust the .25 PH lineups until Sunday morning so my tinker time that morning was much less on the main cash/gpps and way more on the 6 crazyish lineups I set that morning. 

Probably not that big of deal, but starting around 8p tonight there will be a 30-40% chance of rain locally, in Cincinnati. I don’t think it will effect the game, but I will let everyone else research it. 

Users who are viewing this thread