Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 32 - Pre-COVID-19 Edition ***

On 11/20/2020 at 7:04 AM, krista4 said:

I’ve come to like them a lot.  They’re always so positive, and I feel like they’ve gone through a lot in their short lives.  They’d don’t really deserve to win, but I couldn’t complain if they did.

The only team I’m rooting against at this point is the brother/sister, and it’s not like they’re bad, just boring.

I watched last 2 episodes last night and I still had to Google to figure out who was the brother sister team (eswar) 

• Laughing 1
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Season 32 of The Amazing Race will debut on Wednesday, May 20, 2020, in the Survivor time slot the week following the Survivor 40 Winners at War season finale. Eleven new teams will begin their r

Bump for AR season 32 premiere tonight! Including a link to my favorite AR clip of all time.  I could watch this a million times and still LMAO. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfeTZNcA3g

No surprise tonight.  Maybe only surprise was how crappy that team reacted to being U-turned.   

Well the clock struck twelve and the blonde's luck ran out. Too bad. They just couldn't overcome the two yields. But they did have a great attitude.

Now that it's down to the mine five, it should be interesting. They have to stop helping each other and look out for number one. Looks like another u-turn next leg too.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Well the clock struck twelve and the blonde's luck ran out. Too bad. They just couldn't overcome the two yields. But they did have a great attitude.

Now that it's down to the mine five, it should be interesting. They have to stop helping each other and look out for number one. Looks like another u-turn next leg too.

Blondes were good competitors. Now if they only had a sense of direction.

With the alliance its been harder to determine how good the other teams are since they have been helping either out so much.

You suspect that the volleyballers and maybe the gays are the teams to beat.

4 hours ago, Moonlight said:

Blondes were good competitors. Now if they only had a sense of direction.

I was discussing this with my son. Yes, they may have had bad luck with drivers, but to be that lost consistently throughout the race, at least part of it had to be that they sucked at following and giving directions. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Pip's Invitation said:

I was discussing this with my son. Yes, they may have had bad luck with drivers, but to be that lost consistently throughout the race, at least part of it had to be that they sucked at following and giving directions. 

And somehow as between the numbers/coding challenge and one that involved following directions, despite getting lost in every leg they chose the latter.  :loco:

• Thinking 1
1 minute ago, krista4 said:

And somehow as between the numbers/coding challenge and one that involved following directions, despite getting lost in every leg they chose the latter.  :loco:

I'm not sure how much they know about the detour they pick until they get to the one that they chose. 

36 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

I'm not sure how much they know about the detour they pick until they get to the one that they chose. 

They knew they would have to deliver meals within the city.  That should have been enough for them to know not to do it. 

They give them the basic info that they also read to us watching on TV.  It's how the brother-sister, for instance, were excited to do the one with the coding.

Edited by krista4

The one food delivery instructor was WAY harder to understand than the other. I struggle at home in a quiet environment sometimes with help desk people. I can't imagine trying to understand what he was saying outside with all that traffic noise.

On 11/27/2020 at 8:29 PM, Brony said:

Sorry to see the blondes go. They never played the victim card. 

That guy James seems like he is impersonating Richard Simmons channeling Liberace. 

Cheering for the volleyball guys. 

Both Will and James are such tools. They targeted Leo and Alana and the blondes for helping each other (basically being in an alliance which is what they started) and then have had to get help during just about every leg just to stay in the race. I think when it is all one, the blondes will be remembered as a decent and fun team while Will&James will be remembered as negative, pretty much incompetent losers. Hoping for the volleyball dudes to take it. They are consistently the best team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought footballers made a mistake in not U-Turning one of the other stronger teams but as it turned out it they needed every minute of the Xtra time.

Hard to race when you have the other three teams against you but I think that the Big 3 alliance will be cautious about sharing information with each other as goal now is to just finish in top 3 and you do not care who gets there with you.

I am an episode behind but this is the one network show, Mrs and I just enjoy getting to see all these places, some we would not want to actually visit and others that make us want to plan a trip. Fun show, scripted for TV I'm afraid but I like to play along and watch. 

We also like some of those Sat Morning educational outdoor stuff like "Rock the Park" and there's an endless number of these 30 Minute REI infomercials :D  where we can daydream about going to a National Park here in the good ole USA. 

12 hours ago, krista4 said:

No surprise tonight.  Maybe only surprise was how crappy that team reacted to being U-turned.  :cry: 

Yeah.  It always cracks me up when a team that is yields says "what a dumb move".  Uh, no it wasn't.  Sometimes it ends up being a wasted move, but in this case it directly ended up saving Gary/DeAngelo.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Moonlight said:

Thought footballers made a mistake in not U-Turning one of the other stronger teams but as it turned out it they needed every minute of the Xtra time.

Who could they have u-turned?  They didn't know where 2 of the teams were since they were doing the other challenge.  The volleyball guys were right behind them, so it would have been a waste to use it on them since they could turn around and use it on the brother/sister and neutralize it.  So, they used it on the one team that they KNEW was behind them ... just in case.

3 hours ago, bryhamm said:

Who could they have u-turned?  They didn't know where 2 of the teams were since they were doing the other challenge.  The volleyball guys were right behind them, so it would have been a waste to use it on them since they could turn around and use it on the brother/sister and neutralize it.  So, they used it on the one team that they KNEW was behind them ... just in case.

It was a double u-turn. No one had used the u-turn yet so they very likely were there first. The volleyballers could use the other u-turn on bro/sis or whoever if they chose regardless, though it was very likely they would use on bro/sis.

16 hours ago, krista4 said:

No surprise tonight.  Maybe only surprise was how crappy that team reacted to being U-turned.  :cry: 

I wonder how much of that was “there is a secret alliance within our alliance and we just found out we’re not in it.”

8 hours ago, Pip's Invitation said:

I wonder how much of that was “there is a secret alliance within our alliance and we just found out we’re not in it.”

Well, the people who u-turned them weren’t in the secret sub-alliance either.  They just seemed like poor sports.  There was something “off” about them to me all along, and that reaction confirmed it.  Happy for them to go away.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shades said:

DeAngelo is not good at this. Hasn't been all season. They've been lucky to get this far because of the alliance. Without that, I don't think they have a shot. 

Absolutely. I thought that DeAngelo would be the savvy one and Gary would be a big stiff. But it's been the opposite. DeAngelo just doesn't have attention to detail. It's going to catch up with them eventually. Hopefully not before the boyfriends are out.

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

Absolutely. I thought that DeAngelo would be the savvy one and Gary would be a big stiff. But it's been the opposite. DeAngelo just doesn't have attention to detail. It's going to catch up with them eventually. Hopefully not before the boyfriends are out.

Babe you don’t mean that babe. Babe. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

This season made the Amazing Race look more like Survivor due to the focus on alliances. Its hard to argue with value of the alliance this season as the Me5 alliance made the top 5 and the 3 team alliance made it to the final 3.

You can expect other teams to focus more on these type of alliances in future seasons. But I think AZ will lose viewers if the audience comes to expect that alliance members will always move forward.

4 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

I was pulling for them but ultimately, D’Angelo acted like a baby. 

What a dingleberry, becoming the first one in AR history to be asked about the experience and saying it basically sucked. :cry:

I guess that he won't be invited back for the next All Star Edition of AR. :lol:

• Laughing 1
13 hours ago, Moonlight said:

This season made the Amazing Race look more like Survivor due to the focus on alliances. Its hard to argue with value of the alliance this season as the Me5 alliance made the top 5 and the 3 team alliance made it to the final 3.

You can expect other teams to focus more on these type of alliances in future seasons. But I think TAR will lose viewers if the audience comes to expect that alliance members will always move forward.

I follow TAR on FB and you should see the hundreds and hundreds of comments.  99% of them are pissed off and fall into these categories:
 - "I'm done with this season.......i've watched every season, but i'm not watching the finale or another season anymore"
- "They should just call this Big Brother Outside, as this is no longer a fair race"
- "the way the alliance is acting is cheating"............."this is like watching a schoolyard bullying session or the movie Mean Girls"
- "Footballers wouldn't have ever made it this far if not for alliance giving them answers in previous episodes"
- "Hope the TAR producers are reading these comments make changes to the game.  Wonder if TAR was apprehensive in airing this season knowing it would produce negative feedback"
- "The challenges have become less physical.
- "TAR should amend some of the challenges, especially the ones that involve providing an answer to move on (such as Sauerkraut or the flag one).  They should amend the clues to say "place your bags in the dropoff spot" and that dropoff spot should be strategically placed near the exit.   Then, the clue should also say "upon successfully completing the challenge, you must immediately grab your bags and exit the challenge". 

I'm not against alliances as it's hard to make an outright rule that prevents some teams from working together, but this would prevent SOME of the blatant alliance helping where someone figures out the challenge and then quickly passes along the answer.
and i also miss the FAST FORWARD where a team or 2 would consider whether it was worth going for to try to get ahead of the pack.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the alliances at all.  I'd be all for taking away the ability to share answers with other teams, although I realize it would be hard to enforce.

I'll be rooting for the Beards and against the boyfriends in the finale.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Mr. Mojo said:

What a dingleberry, becoming the first one in AR history to be asked about the experience and saying it basically sucked. :cry:

I guess that he won't be invited back for the next All Star Edition of AR. :lol:

For anyone interested here is the unedited version of the final conversation.  The tone feels much different than the 15 second clip we got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd_ydcs4pCw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Sneegor said:

Disagree.  I hate the boyfriends.

I agree.  Complete difference in the way the boyfriends and Hung/Chee handled missing the traffic cop.  One was screaming at their driver, one was just going with it and keeping a good attitude.  Really wished the boyfriends lost and Gary/Dwill lucked into the answer (and they almost did with their first attempt) 

One of our favorite shows to watch, there was a special message being sent to us this week as we saw where they were heading in next week's episode as they come back the the States to finish up the race.  👍

I always like DeAngelo when he was a RB in the NFL but I thought he showed a lack of class when he and Gary were eliminated and Gary looked embarrassed. 

"I coulda paid for all this travel, I didn't need the show" and I might be putting some words in his mouth but that was the real gist of his speech at the end, thought that was classless. Wonder if he will even be standing at the end cheering them on once he cools down or calms down. 

10 hours ago, krista4 said:

I don't get the love for the beards.  I'm Hung/Chee all the way.  

We also are rooting for them since they are married with a family, it's easy to connect with their story I think. The Beards are like a commercial of so many guys in their age range just kind of aimlessly wandering around yet somehow find their path. I wouldn't say they don't work hard but it seems like things come rather easily to them. 

What we want to know is what that short one has on the tall one on the boyfriends team, they could not make a more odd couple than I've seen in some time. The short one is nails on a chalkboard for me. 

I thought the Brother/Sister engineer team was interesting and the Rajin' Cajins(I know they call them something else) were also fun to watch. 

6 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

One of our favorite shows to watch, there was a special message being sent to us this week as we saw where they were heading in next week's episode as they come back the the States to finish up the race.  👍

I always like DeAngelo when he was a RB in the NFL but I thought he showed a lack of class when he and Gary were eliminated and Gary looked embarrassed. 

"I coulda paid for all this travel, I didn't need the show" and I might be putting some words in his mouth but that was the real gist of his speech at the end, thought that was classless. Wonder if he will even be standing at the end cheering them on once he cools down or calms down. 

Previews showed him there cheering on the winners.

• Thanks 1
On 12/9/2020 at 9:53 PM, James Bond said:

So disappointed that the Race has come down to working as a group instead of as separate teams.

I didn't like that either or how there were 5 TEAMS in that alliance at one point. And really some of them were complicit more than anything. If you could go back in time...Hung and Chee would have been better off just doing it alone and steering clear of the drama. 

Hung on a couple of occasions does something I find extremely helpful for her partner Chee and that's when she tells him to simply go slow and don't forget or overlook the details. They've done it a couple times that way and it just powers them thru these challenges. 

The bungee jump is coming, the Beards have the advantage on the surface but the way the Boyfriends have been committed prior to being on the show, won't shock me if they have a cut in showing them training or going to bungee jump school weeks before they appeared on the show. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

if you only watched the tv show, they showed you only about 15 seconds of an almost 3 minute conversation with the football players.  Watch the whole discussion, it has a much different tone than the tiny clip we were shown.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:
On 12/9/2020 at 8:53 PM, James Bond said:

So disappointed that the Race has come down to working as a group instead of as separate teams.

I didn't like that either or how there were 5 TEAMS in that alliance at one point. And really some of them were complicit more than anything. If you could go back in time...Hung and Chee would have been better off just doing it alone and steering clear of the drama. 

Hung on a couple of occasions does something I find extremely helpful for her partner Chee and that's when she tells him to simply go slow and don't forget or overlook the details. They've done it a couple times that way and it just powers them thru these challenges. 

The bungee jump is coming, the Beards have the advantage on the surface but the way the Boyfriends have been committed prior to being on the show, won't shock me if they have a cut in showing them training or going to bungee jump school weeks before they appeared on the show. 

I've watched every season and yes, there was helping at times before..

But this last episode felt like "cheating" to me.. Giving the answers to one of the toughest challenges ever should of automatically been "Timeout"..

If you skip a challenge and get a 2 hour timeout, then "cheating" to get ahead should be equal to 4 hours.. :shrug: 

At this point, if they don't change the rules, then I'll probably watch the first couple episodes, and if alliances start forming again, stop watching until the finale.

Edited by snogger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

if you only watched the tv show, they showed you only about 15 seconds of an almost 3 minute conversation with the football players.  Watch the whole discussion, it has a much different tone than the tiny clip we were shown.

They D’Angelo dirty on the edit. I take back what I said about him being a baby