What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HQ Trivia (1 Viewer)

3pm and 9pm EST Monday through Friday, and then just the 9PM EST game on Saturday and Sunday (but bigger prize pool generally)

The app should notify you a couple of minutes before game time, but sometimes mine does not. 
I think I need to set up a calendar reminder or something because I never happen to see my app notification until the game has already started.  Downloaded the app last week and have only gotten into one game (got the first question wrong).

Connected and signed on for the 2pm central game.  No questions coming though.  Anyone playing?
Mine did that one day. I could hear the sound but the screen was frozen. it came back on as question 2 was starting and I was already eliminated. Got 11 out of 12 that day. :wall:  

I saw a few people in the chat say the same thing. I wonder if it is rigged? 

:tinfoilhat:
I think it's just really buggy and susceptible to lag/lost connection on both ends. I have seen people in the comments every time I play that say the questions aren't showing up (and "it's glitching!!1" at the very beginning of rounds, and as mentioned it happened to me too, even though I could hear the sound just fine. 

I just like to see what it looks like when 1MM people are sharing a group chat.  Results are exactly as expected. 

I just like to see what it looks like when 1MM people are sharing a group chat.  Results are exactly as expected. 
:lol:  No doubt. I glance every now and then, but usually keep it swiped off the screen (swipe it to the right to hide chat). A lot of: TRUMP, Impeach Trump!, Bitcoin!, add me on Snapchat! 

I think it's just really buggy and susceptible to lag/lost connection on both ends. I have seen people in the comments every time I play that say the questions aren't showing up (and "it's glitching!!1" at the very beginning of rounds, and as mentioned it happened to me too, even though I could hear the sound just fine. 
Missed this afternoon's round, but played last night.  I had a similar issue where the video feed wouldn't come in and the audio feed was out of whack as well.  The first three questions would pop up, but instead of 10 seconds I had 5.  Once people started being eliminated it got better - so it must have something to do with band-width/traffic.  Note there was over 1.5mill on the app last night.

Interesting article about HQ  Seems like the founders are pretty sketchy individuals.  No one really gets paid.  You have to total $20 in winnings before ever getting paid AND that has to happen and if you don't do it within 90 days, you forfeit the winnings.  From the payouts I have seen, one would have to win several times to get paid
Can't say I'm doing this for the money and I have a hard time that 1M other people are either.

If I finish in the money at some point, great. I'm not making any vacation plans if I win $11.46 though...

I’m confident I touched the marine Corp answer before time ran out and it didn’t record it. Oh well. I wouldn’t have made it through 12 questions anyway. Missed out on about $8 that I wouldn’t be allowed to collect. 

I like the shtick and sometimes get a chuckle out of it :shrug:  He (and the women hostesses do it too) drop lots of pop culture, movie quote and music references in their dialogue. 
I like that he usually is quick to move to the next question. Watch a little Chris Harrison on Who wants Millionaire and this Hq guy ain't so bad. Ben Bailey would be an improvement though. 

It must've been a system down situation, because there are always SOME people complaining that it's glitching.  Or perhaps when the answers started coming in, they weren't getting any locked in. :lol:   Either way, worked out for me because I was getting out of a meeting right as it started and I think I was already too late if Q1 had been working. 

No more minimum to withdraw, so you can take that $6.13 out now wooooooo
Hopefully their money management system is less glitchier than their game app.

I don'y have to worry about it because I doubt I'll make it to the final round anytime soon.  However, if I did, I don't think I'd give these guys my bank account information just yet.

Love this app, but the questions will humble you. I'm a pretty big trivia guy and always have been, and can get no further than question 7 or 8 most of the time.  Some of them are just brutal.  Worth downloading though - great set up and they just secured another 25 mil in funding

Love this app, but the questions will humble you. I'm a pretty big trivia guy and always have been, and can get no further than question 7 or 8 most of the time.  Some of them are just brutal.  Worth downloading though - great set up and they just secured another 25 mil in funding
They have to get from ~1mm to 20 or less.  The questions have to be really tough.  I made it to the final question once.  Once.

I'm also usually pretty good at trivia, but HQ isn't meant to test your knowledge so much as it is an experiment to see who can get lucky answering questions about really obscure stuff. I finished and won $30 one time because I was able to use an extra life, but mostly I'm done around question 7 or 8. (I think I got to 10 once without any extra lives.) 

I wish they would make the hot chick the permanent host. Better to look at and she doesn't ramble like Scott.

I think 9 was my best, and that was due to correctly guessing three times.  I'm fairly confident I will never reach a final question, but if I'm not doing anything when I get the prompt, I will give it a shot.

Does anyone else still have a lot of trouble with the video getting stuck, stopping, etc?  I'm not sure if it is my data network, or the app itself.  I usually don't have the same issues at home when I'm on wifi, but I haven't noticed if fewer players are on at that time and that is the difference, or if it is me being on wifi.

A few weeks ago, I made it to Q12 five nights in a row..... and tanked Q12 all five nights. Total winnings : $0.

Should probably uninstall this.  Haven't played for months, but still jump everytime my phone buzzes at 2 and 8 or whatever.

We usually play as a family so there are 3-4 of us playing at once, allowing us to split up the guesses. 

We’ve won 4 times for a grand total of $6.24 in prize money. 

Tried this out a few weeks ago. It's fun, but the times just don't work for me. I had thought it was something that had games available much more frequently, like every 15 minutes or so. Didn't realize the live component was any kind of a draw. Too bad they don't have frequent automated games every quarter hour or something like that.

Up to a total of $4.00 - have won twice.

They have a Sports HQ now on Tuesday and Friday night at 10p Eastern.  While the prize is only $1k the number of players is only a little over 100k and there's usually been higher payouts because less people getting all the way through.

Any noobs (or people who never used a reference code) please put in QuizGuy66 and gimmee and extra life :)

-QG

I like that he usually is quick to move to the next question. Watch a little Chris Harrison on Who wants Millionaire and this Hq guy ain't so bad. Ben Bailey would be an improvement though. 
C'mon Harrison is a nice guy.

-QG

(eta - I am a fan of Rogowsky)

Last edited by a moderator:
still stuck at $4.

I do the cash show one too which seems to be dying a slow death.  Race to see if I'll reach $10 on there before it croaks.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread