What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Storing a dead fox in the company refrigerator - now with Windex! (1 Viewer)

Ned said:
The only possible reason I could see why they had it in there was because someone planned to take it to a taxidermist.  Someone's gonna be pissed you tossed it.

:popcorn:  
:yes:  Everybody knows you freeze your animals before you mount them (and I mean that in the LEAST sexual way possible :unsure:  ). Come on, Servo!!

Dan Lambskin said:
Some folks won’t eat a Fox but then again some folks’l...it’s Cletus, the Slack Jawed Yokel
:lol: :lmao:  HomerSimpson was the only one who like this at the time I saw this post.

JaxBill said:
Did you also find a box large enough for someone to sit in?

Maybe somebody was collecting props for their kid's school play of Green Eggs and Ham, Sam I am.
I believe you mean Fox in Socks......

A buddy shot a squirrel in his back yard and knew that my inlaws make squirrel stew, so he froze it and brought it in to work (without asking first).  He put it in the work freezer, and I kept forgetting to take it home.  It sat there for a week or so.  That was over 10 years ago, I still catch crap for that (and deserve it, even if all I did was forget to take it home).

Also, one of my favorite stories ever

I'm throwing a sack of possums right now!

euphemism for sitting on the sofa petting my cat. 

also a euphemism.

Ned said:
The only possible reason I could see why they had it in there was because someone planned to take it to a taxidermist.  Someone's gonna be pissed you tossed it.

:popcorn:  
OP is city boy soft

If the pelt was nice two hours of work and he had something worth $100 after tanning..  I would not have frozen it though. Was it frozen stiff, or just rapidly cooling down? Had rigor mortis set in?  Tough to skin a critter that is too stiff.

From my perspective it is not worth tanning one hide.  Tanning a few at a time, not so bad. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditkaless Wonders said:
If the pelt was nice two hours of work and he had something worth $100 after tanning..  I would not have frozen it though. Was it frozen stiff, or just rapidly cooling down? Had rigor mortis set in?  Tough to skin a critter that is too stiff.

From my perspective it is not worth tanning one hide.  Tanning a few at a time, not so bad. 
I'm currently in the process of tanning a road killed mink. That little bugger was tough to skin, he was stiff as a board and cold so the hide didn't want to pull off easily. Had to help it along with a knife every 1/4". That and I made the fatally error of puncturing one of the scent glands  :X

Neatly wrapped in a bag? I would just slide it out of my way when I am reaching for the ice. I have no problems with dead animals in the freezer. I have a quarter beef in one at home.
I prefer my quarter beef with liter cola.

Fox in the fridge

Sack of dead possums

Frozen head

Tainted five spice donkey meat.

This thread keeps on giving.

I'm currently in the process of tanning a road killed mink. That little bugger was tough to skin, he was stiff as a board and cold so the hide didn't want to pull off easily. Had to help it along with a knife every 1/4". That and I made the fatally error of puncturing one of the scent glands  :X
Pungent.

Thread so confusing 
1. I find out about dead fox in company refrigerator

2. I throw out said dead fox

3. FFA hilarity ensues

4. Side shtick of throwing dead possums from roof of company building added to increase the WTF factor.

HTH

Tom Servo said:
1. I find out about dead fox in company refrigerator

2. I throw out said dead fox

3. FFA hilarity ensues

4. Side shtick of throwing dead possums from roof of company building added to increase the WTF factor.

HTH
5. Arizona Ron takes over your account for a week.

Reminds me of a story years ago. My grandparents lived on a farm in Illinois. So there was always something going on. Anyway, they had this friend of theirs who was a hunter. He had shot some turkey's so he offered them one for their freezer. So of course they said: "sure, we'll take one."

Fast forward 6 months, and the whole family meets for our usual family reunion at some cabins in Minnesota. She wants to make that turkey for one of the dinners, so she and my grandpa throw it in a cooler and bring it to camp. She gets it out and throws it on the counter to thaw, only to find out it ended up being a boars head.  :lol:  

Freaked her the fook out. She was so pissed. At my grandpa, the hunter friend, the boar..... :lmao:   She was like 88 at this point.

So fast forward another year or so, and my grandpa calls and asks if we want to buy a boat. He had been storing it in his barn for a friend of his, and his friend had passed away. So his son was looking to sell it.

We've been looking for a fishing boat for several years but never really had the money. So I ask him what it is. He says its a 17' Lund, V-bottom boat with a 40HP Johnson on it. Basically a walleye boat. Has the fishing deck at the front, swivel seats, the whole bit. It as about 20 years old. A nice boat. This was before everyone had a smart phone, so I couldn't see a picture. 

So I ask him how much. He says: $650.

Now, if you know anything about boats, this type of boat is probably worth about $2500 - $3000. So I say: "Sure."

Drive up to the farm and check out the boat. It needed a couple of things - some new tires on the trailer and some new trailer lights - no big deal. A pretty nice boat at an unbelievable price.

Anyway, a couple of years later found out why the boat was so cheap. The son selling the boat was the same guy who left a boar's head in my grandma's freezer.  :lol:

A buddy shot a squirrel in his back yard and knew that my inlaws make squirrel stew, so he froze it and brought it in to work (without asking first).  He put it in the work freezer, and I kept forgetting to take it home.  It sat there for a week or so.  That was over 10 years ago, I still catch crap for that (and deserve it, even if all I did was forget to take it home).

Also, one of my favorite stories ever
Even though it's pretty unrelated I was hoping your link was the lawn mower and mole story.

I have an older brother who is a hillbilly.  Not sure how that happened as the rest of us were pretty normal and we grew up in a pretty urban area.  Anyway, he used to "trap".  Had properties outside the city where he would set up traps to catch raccoons, muskrats, whatever the hell he could then skin and sell the pelts. Had a whole setup in the garage where he could stretch the pelts or whatever.  There were times where he'd throw a possum, fox, whatever in the freezer to process or whatever later.  I remember my mother being PISSED at him one time because he put a possum in the freezer that apparently wasn't dead.  When she opened the freezer it had clawed it's way out of the bag it was in and was frozen solid hanging there, or sitting on the shelf, or whatever looking at her. 

He's also the only person I know who has been sprayed by a skunk (multiple times) and once put his truck in a ditch because he hit a raccoon or something driving, stopped to get it and for whatever reason threw it up in the cab with him.  It was only stunned and woke up.  He had to beat it with an axe handle he kept next to his seat (for killing roadkill) and managed to go off the road in the brawl with whatever it was. 

We think he was adopted.

I have an older brother who is a hillbilly.  Not sure how that happened as the rest of us were pretty normal and we grew up in a pretty urban area.  Anyway, he used to "trap".  Had properties outside the city where he would set up traps to catch raccoons, muskrats, whatever the hell he could then skin and sell the pelts. Had a whole setup in the garage where he could stretch the pelts or whatever.  There were times where he'd throw a possum, fox, whatever in the freezer to process or whatever later.  I remember my mother being PISSED at him one time because he put a possum in the freezer that apparently wasn't dead.  When she opened the freezer it had clawed it's way out of the bag it was in and was frozen solid hanging there, or sitting on the shelf, or whatever looking at her. 

He's also the only person I know who has been sprayed by a skunk (multiple times) and once put his truck in a ditch because he hit a raccoon or something driving, stopped to get it and for whatever reason threw it up in the cab with him.  It was only stunned and woke up.  He had to beat it with an axe handle he kept next to his seat (for killing roadkill) and managed to go off the road in the brawl with whatever it was. 

We think he was adopted.
:lmao: :cry: :lmao:  

We think he was adopted.
:lmao:

OMG, please sell this idea to the Farrelly brothers or someone.

We think he was adopted.
I'm so glad I finally clicked this thread. :lmao:   :lmao: :lmao:

we had a guy pete that we used to call roadkill he basically stunk like hell and was way in to wearing those mexican looking shirts that are made out of something like burlap and he never shaved so basically a big stinky guy in a sack full of hair and we called him roadkill but on the plus side that guy could tune up a carb like nobodys business take that to the bank brochachos

Friday afternoon, I put a sign in the janitor's closet that read:

PLEASE CLEAN THE REFRIGERATOR

SOMEONE STORED A DEAD FOX IN THERE

YES, I SAID A FOX

(includes picture of fox)
Today, the sign is attached to the freezer with a note from the cleaning lady that reads, "Is this a joke?"

The freezer is clean. I claim success. :bowtie:

Users who are viewing this thread