What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

St. Patty's Day mock edit for Jet/Colt trade (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
Post Combine, post FA frenzy. 

1. CLE -  QB Sam Darnold 
  2. NYG - QB Josh Rosen
  3. NYJ - QB Baker Mayfield
  4. (TRADE) BUF from CLE - QB Josh Allen
  5.  DEN  -  OG Quenton Nelson
  6. IND - RB Saquon Barkley
  7. TB - DE Bradley Chubb
  8. CHI - LB Tremaine Edmonds
  9. SF - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
  10. OAK - CB Denzel Ward
  11. MIA - DT Vita Vea
  12. (trade) CLE from BUF - DB Derwin James 
  13. WAS -  LB Roquan Smith
  14. GB - EDGE Marcus Davenport 
  15.  ARI -   WR Calvin Ridley
  16. BAL - EDGE Harold Landry
  17. LAC -  OT Mike McGlinchey
  18. SEA - OG Isaiah Wynn 
  19. DAL - DT Murice Hurst 
  20. DET -  DT Taven Bryan
  21. CIN - OT Conner Williams
  22. BUF - OC James Daniels
  23. LAR - OC/OG Billy Price
  24. CAR -  OT Kolton Miller
  25. TEN - DE Sam Hubbard
  26. ATL - Da'Ron Payne 
  27. NO - WR Courtland Sutton
  28. PIT - EDGE/OLB Leighton Vander Esch 
  29. JAX - WR Christian Kirk
  30. MIN - OT Orlando Brown
  31. NE - CB Jaire Alexander
  32. PHI - LB Rashaan Evans

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems unlikely the colts would pass on Chubb. Lol bills. Jags aren’t really adding yet another wr are they?

Explanation for each pick

CLE -  QB Sam Darnold = QB and the only question is which one will go #1

NYG - QB Josh Rosen = QB the only question is which will go #2

NYJ - QB Baker Mayfield = Must know the top two QBs will be Darnold and Rosen and are happy to take Mayfield

(TRADE) BUF from CLE - QB Josh Allen = reports indicate the Bills are after Allen (cost 12th 2nd rd pick this year and 1st next)

DEN  -  OG Quenton Nelson = They 'could still' move up but if they don't then Nelson is 'Larry Allen-esk'

IND - RB Saquon Barkley = Colts get BP of draft plus three 2nd round picks

TB - DE Bradley Chubb = Falls right into TBs lap

CHI - LB Tremaine Edmonds = Luv this kid and can't wait to see him this year

SF - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick = Really tempted to go with Roquain but MInka does so much

OAK - CB Denzel Ward = Very easily could go high as #4

MIA - DT Vita Vea = Lost Suh, got their pass rusher in FA so fill the hole at DT

(trade) CLE from BUF - DB Derwin James = Has 'potential' to play outside CB role

WAS -  LB Roquan Smith = Traded for QB on offense, get their QB on defense

GB - EDGE Marcus Davenport = Really like Davenport

ARI -   WR Calvin Ridley = WRs taken high in the draft haven't looked as natural as Ridley, think he will be solid

BAL - EDGE Harold Landry = LOVE him as an edge rusher, he's smallish but you play him as a stand up edge rusher

LAC -  OT Mike McGlinchey = I just like him better than all of the other O-Lineman in this draft

SEA - OG Isaiah Wynn = Safest pick later in the first round

DAL - DT Murice Hurst = IF his meds check out he might go much higher if they don't he won't go this high

DET -  DT Taven Bryan = He really helped himself at the Combine

CIN - OT Conner Williams = Need meets draft value right about here

BUF - OC James Daniels = Toss a coin with Billy Price or Daniels but the injury to Price makes this pick

LAR - OC/OG Billy Price = Rams gamble on the longer term upside

CAR -  OT Kolton Miller = Panthers take a much bigger gamble on long term upside

TEN - DE Sam Hubbard = Nothing fancy with this pick, should be 'solid'

ATL - Da'Ron Payne = Needs meets value

NO - WR Courtland Sutton = Would like to give them  a TE here but feel Sutton has higher ceiling 

PIT - EDGE/OLB Leighton Vander Esch = Solid fit, fills need, has upside, perfect fit at this point of the draft

JAX - WR Christian Kirk - I'm not sold on Marques Lee and felt it was a terrible choice to let A-Rob go

MIN - OT Orlando Brown = I guess 'some teams' are not scared off of that horrific Combine

NE - CB Jaire Alexander = Amazing speed and raw skills, if BB can mold him the upside is ... 

PHI - LB Rashaan Evans = Depth with chance to start down the line

I think Arz takes Lamar Jackson if it falls this way...they have no QB ..Bradford plays like 2 games....then its captain stork neck? 

someone with an aging QB - Pitt/Pats/Saints takes Mason Rudolph at the end of round1.

I would be real surprised if Lamar Jackson doesn't go In the first...he is a QB and those guys always have crazy value on draft day...can’t picture a team at least trading into the end of the first to grab him...

I think Arz takes Lamar Jackson if it falls this way...they have no QB ..Bradford plays like 2 games....then its captain stork neck? 

someone with an aging QB - Pitt/Pats/Saints takes Mason Rudolph at the end of round1.
I would rather the Pats not use a high pick on a QB this year but if Jackdon is there at 31 I would have no issues taking him...agree that he will probably be gone...no way that Arizona sees Glennon and Bradford as anything more than a bridge...

I like Jackson and was tempted to put with Arizona but Fitz has been hanging on and Ridley looks like he will make it.  He is so smooth and has that speed to rip the top off a defense.  

If Arizona takes Jackson it would not surprise me in the least.  I luv him but feel that Ridley is going to be a solid #1 WR.

If anyone takes a shot at Lamar Jackson in the first then don't rule out the Saints.

If the Browns do in fact trade #4 to Buffalo, we could see QBs go 1-5. In fact, I'll bet that's what the Colts anticipate happening. They can take Barkley at 6 and picked up 3 second rounders to take the risk. 

If the Browns do in fact trade #4 to Buffalo, we could see QBs go 1-5. In fact, I'll bet that's what the Colts anticipate happening. They can take Barkley at 6 and picked up 3 second rounders to take the risk. 
That trade is a no brainer for the colts.  

Ballard was prob like yeah sure I’ll do that trade 

I've been saying since early January that 4 QB's will go among top 6 picks. But that holds at 4.  I don't see a 5th candidate.

MIN - OT Orlando Brown = I guess 'some teams' are not scared off of that horrific Combine
While this pick would certainly fill a need that I do not think the Vikings can address in free agency, I am not sure Brown would be the pick.

The Vikings have actually gone the opposite direction in regards to the players they have drafted at offensive tackle recently. TJ Clemmings tested pretty well at the combine relative to other players at his position, he was converted from DT so a bit more athletic than a lot of lineman are.

Looking at the combine results from 2000-2016 TJ Clemmings has the 49th best 40 time out of all drafted offensive linemen, he has the 9th best vertical jump, 21st best broad jump, 50th in the 3 cone, 20th in the short shuttle, his worst metric was bench press with 22 which is 101 out of all offensive linemen drafted in this time frame.

The Vikings have shown a tendency to favor athleticism over skill in their picks of Anthony Barr and other players as well recently.

So I think the Vikings care about the combine metrics at least a little bit and while an offensive lineman could be their pick in the first round, I doubt it would be Orlando Brown.

Post Combine, post FA frenzy. 

1. CLE -  QB Sam Darnold 
  2. NYG - QB Josh Rosen
  3. NYJ - QB Baker Mayfield
  4. (TRADE) BUF from CLE - QB Josh Allen
  5.  DEN  -  OG Quenton Nelson
  6. IND - RB Saquon Barkley
  7. TB - DE Bradley Chubb
  8. CHI - LB Tremaine Edmonds
  9. SF - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
  10. OAK - CB Denzel Ward
  11. MIA - DT Vita Vea
  12. (trade) CLE from BUF - DB Derwin James 
  13. WAS -  LB Roquan Smith
  14. GB - EDGE Marcus Davenport 
  15.  ARI -   WR Calvin Ridley
  16. BAL - EDGE Harold Landry
  17. LAC -  OT Mike McGlinchey
  18. SEA - OG Isaiah Wynn 
  19. DAL - DT Murice Hurst 
  20. DET -  DT Taven Bryan
  21. CIN - OT Conner Williams
  22. BUF - OC James Daniels
  23. LAR - OC/OG Billy Price
  24. CAR -  OT Kolton Miller
  25. TEN - DE Sam Hubbard
  26. ATL - Da'Ron Payne 
  27. NO - WR Courtland Sutton
  28. PIT - EDGE/OLB Leighton Vander Esch 
  29. JAX - WR Christian Kirk
  30. MIN - OT Orlando Brown
  31. NE - CB Jaire Alexander
  32. PHI - LB Rashaan Evans
Bengals would take Daniels or Price - Center is a much more pressing need.

-QG

Or they can trade back to the Cardinals who can take a QB at 6 ;)

-QG

barkley doesnt get past NYG at 2. one way you hide a deficient o-line  is to get the best pass catching RB in the draft. short dump offs..

You keep posting this, but the Jets would have the second pick if the Giants weren't planning on taking a QB.
You may be right, but what if they think Barkley is the best player in the draft and the player that will help them the most? They know Barkley isn’t lasting until pick 6.

What if they thought losing Barkley wasn’t worth an early second, a late second and a future second?

There are a lot of reports locally that the Giants think Eli gives them 2-3 more years and that they just drafted the heir apparent last year in Davis Webb. Some in the organization really like him.

Or maybe the Giants weren’t ready to pull the trigger yet because they are still evaluating QBs, Barkley, Nelson, Chubb etc don’t want to give away a potential future all-pro for a bunch of question marks? There will likely be a team like Buffalo or Miami willing to trade up closer to the draft to get a QB if the Giants decide to deal.

Everyone acts like they know everything this time of year and it almost never goes the way people think. 

We’ll see.

Dr. Octopus said:
You may be right, but what if they think Barkley is the best player in the draft and the player that will help them the most? They know Barkley isn’t lasting until pick 6.

What if they thought losing Barkley wasn’t worth an early second, a late second and a future second?

There are a lot of reports locally that the Giants think Eli gives them 2-3 more years and that they just drafted the heir apparent last year in Davis Webb. Some in the organization really like him.

Or maybe the Giants weren’t ready to pull the trigger yet because they are still evaluating QBs, Barkley, Nelson, Chubb etc don’t want to give away a potential future all-pro for a bunch of question marks? There will likely be a team like Buffalo or Miami willing to trade up closer to the draft to get a QB if the Giants decide to deal.

Everyone acts like they know everything this time of year and it almost never goes the way people think. 

We’ll see.
The only way I can wrap my head around a GM with the #1 or #2 pick turning that deal down though is if he's adamant they're taking a QB.  This comment may be hyperbolic, but even if you were guaranteed to be getting the second coming of Barry Sanders with the #2 pick that assurance would not be worth turning down 4 quality starters at other positions.  Just ask the Lions.

The only way I can wrap my head around a GM with the #1 or #2 pick turning that deal down though is if he's adamant they're taking a QB.  This comment may be hyperbolic, but even if you were guaranteed to be getting the second coming of Barry Sanders with the #2 pick that assurance would not be worth turning down 4 quality starters at other positions.  Just ask the Lions.
While I get your point I think if we asked the Lions if they wanted any of these QBs from 2018 or Barry Sanders I think it is a slam dunk that they take Barry.

Not saying Barkley is Barry, but he does look awfully good.

Users who are viewing this thread