What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBT+ Thread (2 Viewers)

squistion said:
It is polling LGBT people. Why would that not be legitimate as to how they feel about gun control. Do you have another source regarding this issue
Cripes almighty the poll was using LGBTQ Americans. It stated LGBTQ. Q.Q.

why can’t you put it correctly , the poll uses it. Q. 

That drag artist must not know how Trump really feels about people like her:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/trump-lgbt-anti-actions-administration-pride-month?bftwnews&utm_term=.mbLo7Nnl5#.bjg9Xwxqo

We Made A List Of All The Anti-LGBT Stuff Trump Has Done As President

1. Saying it’s legal to fire workers for being transgender.

2. Arguing that it’s legal to fire workers for being gay.

3. Making transgender female prisoners live with male prisoners.

4. Telling the Supreme Court that shopkeepers can turn away LGBT customers.

5.  Withdrawing protections for transgender students

6. Refusing to investigate anti-transgender discrimination complaints in public schools.

7. Trying to kick transgender people out of the military.

8. Issuing a religious liberty policy.

9. Starting to rescind protections for transgender patients.

10. Declining to appoint an LGBT liaison for the White House.

11. Protecting healthcare workers who don’t help transgender patients.

12. Dropping its lawsuit against North Carolina’s anti-transgender law

13. Retracting plans to count LGBT people in the Census.
Kitty knows what the democrat party has done for here and that’s why #WALKAWAY

Log Cabin Republicans Statement on Justice Kennedy’s Retirement

Written by Peter Boykin 

Log Cabin Republicans Statement on Justice Kennedy’s Retirement
Washington, D.C —

Moments ago, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, appointed to his position by Republican President Ronald Reagan, announced he will retire from his post effective July 31.

Log Cabin Republicans President Gregory T. Angelo issued the following statement:

No Supreme Court Justice in history has done more to advance gay rights than Justice Kennedy. This is not something that is up for debate; in his 30 years on the bench of the nation’s highest judicial body, Justice Kennedy did not simply author the most pro-gay decisions of a Supreme Court Justice — he authored all of them. Justice Kennedy will likewise leave a legacy as a staunch supporter of religious liberty, as his discerning opinion in this term’s Masterpiece Cakeshop case showed. Log Cabin Republicans congratulates Justice Kennedy for the thoughtful sympathy he displayed to the LGBT community throughout his career, and for his decades of service to the United States of America.

Log Cabin Republicans is the nation’s premier Republican organization representing LGBT conservatives and straight allies. For 40 years we have been the voice for an inclusive Republican Party with state and local chapters nationwide, a full-time office in Washington, D.C., a federal political action committee and state political action committees.

Connect With Log Cabin Republicans:

:lmao:

come on man , no it’s not
Not true. I asked you this before and you refused to answer:

Can you name one good thing, one positive thing the Trump Administration has done for LGBT/LGBTQ people? Just one.

Just one?

All kinds of gains, particularly for transgender folks were made under Obama (which have all been rolled back by Trump).

Please name one positive thing Trump has done for gays, lesbians or transgenders? Just one.

Something? Anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scarlett Johansson Exits Trans Film ‘Rub and Tug’ Amid Backlash

Scarlett Johansson has exited the drama film “Rub and Tug” a little more than a week after her casting sparked backlash amid trans groups and activists, a source with knowledge of the situation confirms to Variety.

A couple of things1- Rub & Tug :lmao:   . 

2- although I understand the lgbtq stance on this economically with Scarlett on board the movie stands a chance to maybe be successful not so sure with an unknown trans actor. Btw I wouldn’t want to offend squistion or anyone else , I use actor as gender neutral 

Larry Elder‏ @larryelder 14h14 hours ago

Now that the LGBT community has pressured heterosexual actor Scarlett Johansson into dropping her role as a transgender, when can we expect heterosexual actor Sean Penn to return his Oscar for "Milk"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When, Larry? I guess about the same time Tom Hanks returns his Oscar for "Philadelphia"

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2018/07/12/exclusive-new-legislation-would-ban-use-of-anti-lgbt-panic-defense-in-court/

Exclusive: Kennedy, Markey seek to ban anti-LGBT panic defense in court

The use of a panic defense to justify anti-LGBT violence in federal court will come to an end if new legislation introduced this week by a pair of Massachusetts Democrats becomes law.

The bill, introduced by Rep. Joseph Kennedy III (D-Mass.) in the U.S. House and Edward Markey (D-Mass.) in the U.S. Senate, is called the Gay & Trans Panic Defense Prohibition Act and would ban the use of anti-LGBT panic defense from being cited as a legal defense in federal court.

In a statement to the Washington Blade — which has learned exclusively about the legislation — Kennedy said an admission of committing a violent crime against someone because they’re LGBT “is not a defense, it is a hate crime.”

“Legal loopholes written into our laws that seek to justify violent attacks against our gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender neighbors should never have existed in the first place,” Kennedy said.

Markey said in a statement to the Blade a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity “cannot ever excuse violence, and our courtrooms should not be used as chambers of hate.”

“Gay and trans panic legal defenses reflect an irrational fear and bigotry toward the LGBTQ community and corrode the legitimacy of federal prosecutions,” Markey said. “These defenses must be prohibited to ensure that all Americans are treated with dignity and humanity in our justice system.”

The bill also would require the U.S. attorney general to submit to Congress an annual report detailing prosecutions in federal court of crimes committed against LGBT people motivated by their sexual orientation and gender identity.

Fine with all that until this nonsense.

Any chance this actually passes though?

Larry Elder‏ @larryelder 14h14 hours ago

Now that the LGBT community has pressured heterosexual actor Scarlett Johansson into dropping her role as a transgender, when can we expect heterosexual actor Sean Penn to return his Oscar for "Milk"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When, Larry? I guess about the same time Tom Hanks returns his Oscar for "Philadelphia"
So dumb.  The LGBT community has my full support but stuff like this hinders their cause. 

Trans Puerto Ricans Can Finally Change Gender Markers on Birth Certificates

In the United States, the birth certificate started off as a tool to discriminate against vulnerable groups. And to this day, it continues marginalizing people, particularly transgender folks who sometimes have to jump through hoops so their gender identity’s accurately represented on these documents. And while we still have a ways to go until all transgender people can have correct gender markers throughout the United States, this week the US moved one step closer to true parity.

Plaintiffs Daniela Arroyo González, Puerto Rico Para Tod@s, J.G, and Victoria Rodríguez Roldán sued the territory. Three months ago, in Arroyo v. Rosselló, the US District Court for Puerto Rico overruled the island’s ban on changing gender markers. In the opinion, Judge Carmen Consuelo Cerezo wrote, “The right to identify our own existence lies at the heart of one’s humanity. And so, we must heed their voices: ‘the woman that I am,’ ‘the man that I am.'” This week, it finally went into effect.

Arroyo, the plaintiff at center of the suit, has known since age 3 that she was a girl. After a lifetime of harassment and mistreatment, this is a milestone. “It is a huge relief to finally have an accurate birth certificate that is a true reflection of who I am,” she said in a Lambda Legal statement. “It makes me feel safer and like my country finally recognizes me.”

A man was the first Puerto Rican to change their gender marker. He shared a video of himself explaining the importance of this decision. “This triumph is for everyone who took this case to the federal court,” he said. “…We have the right to [live our lives} calmly and peacefully like everyone else. We don’t want additional rights; we want the same rights as everyone else, that our rights are respected as everyone else… And until we reach equity and equality, we’re not going to stop. We are in resistance, and the trans force and the trans revolution is here to stay.”

:mellow:

Oh, oh, might have to change this thread title to GBT and GBTQ if this catches on for this side of the pond.

https://www.wnd.com/2018/07/lesbians-demand-l-be-removed-from-lgbt/

Lesbians demand 'L' be removed from LGBT

It’s open warfare now between the “L” and the “T” of the LGBT movement.

An organization for lesbians has launched a formal online blast at LGBT activists for calling them “transphobes” and they want the LGBT coalition to drop the “L.”

The lesbians argue they are women attracted to women and there’s no room for men who claim they are women.

Biology does make a difference, a big difference, they insist, and it’s not enough to simply “identify” as being of a particular gender.

The argument appeared in a letter the Lesbian Rights Alliance in the United Kingdom recently posted online that was directed toward Stonewall, the U.K. organization that campaigns for LGBT causes.

“Stonewall does not recognize or represent the many young women who reject conventional feminine stereotypes in appearance and sex roles, and who become lesbians at puberty,” the letter charged.

“Instead, you support the trans argument that many gender non-conforming lesbians must really be men, born with ‘male brains’ in the ‘wrong body.'”

The organization is demanding Stonewall stop claiming to represent lesbians, ordering the group to “Remove the L from LGBT.”

The activists explained, “Lesbians are biological women who are sexually attracted to, and have sexual and emotional relationships with other biological women, only.”

[...]

The community is outraged that after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged to pass legislation supporting surrogacy for gay fathers. He then voted against it, apparently under pressure

The linked article contains the airline’s statement:

In a statement obtained by Fox News, the airline acknowledged the event did take place.

“When boarding flight 1407 from JFK to LAX, a couple was mistakenly assigned the same seats as another couple in Premium Class. We reseated one of the guests from Premium class the main cabin,” the statement read.

It continued, “We are deeply sorry for the situation, and are investigating the details while communicating directly with the guests involved to try and make this right.

“Alaska Airlines has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind, and our employees value inclusion for our guests and each other.”

I remember seeing a demographic study on gays and lesbians some 15 years ago. On average they were more intelligent, higher educated, better employed, more involved in causes and politics.  Where the movement has gone does not surprise me as I accepted that study as true since it comported with my real world experience.  I was always surprised at those that wanted to alienate them as it was clear that they would gain political power and that the attempts to alienate them only made them stronger and more determined, it empowered them.  I was also always surprised that more businesses did not target them as they had something like 15 to 20% more disposable income than the median income for their age groups.  If I were a business I would damn sure welcome their business.  No surprise then to see their foray, as a group, into politics as candidates rather than merely pushing issues as they once seemed to concentrate on.

I remember seeing a demographic study on gays and lesbians some 15 years ago. On average they were more intelligent, higher educated, better employed, more involved in causes and politics.  Where the movement has gone does not surprise me as I accepted that study as true since it comported with my real world experience.  I was always surprised at those that wanted to alienate them as it was clear that they would gain political power and that the attempts to alienate them only made them stronger and more determined, it empowered them.  I was also always surprised that more businesses did not target them as they had something like 15 to 20 more disposable income than the median income for their age groups.  If I were a business I would damn sure welcome their business.  No surprise then to see their foray, as a group, into politics as candidates rather than merely pushing issues as they once seemed to concentrate on.
I serve on a local school board with the first openly transgender elected official in the state of Nebraska*.  However, in a conservative state like Nebraska, the only way he got elected was through the qualified write in process as this state is not exactly progressive and he won with 25 votes.  There were 3 sears up for election (two 4 year seats, and one 2 year seat due to a retirement).  8 candidates filed for the two 4 years seats and none filed for the 2 year seat.  Realizing this, the local party had this person file as a qualified write in.  The 8 person race for the two seats wound up like 6,500/4,000/3,980 - so the third place finisher didn't win a seat despite almost 4,000 votes and this candidate ran unopposed as a qualified write in and got the third seat with 25 votes.  Savvy in this climate, but we are grateful to have his voice on the board.  Smart dude with a passion for education.  Here's hoping by the time he has to run again next year, that people will now be able to judge him on his experience and passion - as opposed to voting against him for the bigoted icky factor.

* have not verified that fact, but that was what was reported when he was elected last year.

I serve on a local school board with the first openly transgender elected official in the state of Nebraska*.  However, in a conservative state like Nebraska, the only way he got elected was through the qualified write in process as this state is not exactly progressive and he won with 25 votes.  There were 3 sears up for election (two 4 year seats, and one 2 year seat due to a retirement).  8 candidates filed for the two 4 years seats and none filed for the 2 year seat.  Realizing this, the local party had this person file as a qualified write in.  The 8 person race for the two seats wound up like 6,500/4,000/3,980 - so the third place finisher didn't win a seat despite almost 4,000 votes and this candidate ran unopposed as a qualified write in and got the third seat with 25 votes.  Savvy in this climate, but we are grateful to have his voice on the board.  Smart dude with a passion for education.  Here's hoping by the time he has to run again next year, that people will now be able to judge him on his experience and passion - as opposed to voting against him for the bigoted icky factor.

* have not verified that fact, but that was what was reported when he was elected last year.
I saw the news reports when he was elected.  Isn’t he a university professor with a doctorate in child development or something?

Edit: medical sociology.  Great addition to a school board. 

I saw the news reports when he was elected.  Isn’t he a university professor with a doctorate in child development or something?

You mean as opposed to say some 7th grade educated, J.C. Penny suit wearing Evangelist who takes pensioners for their money on radio bible hours and who insists that all anyone needs to know is right there is the good book, which, btw, he has probably not read cover to cover.

Yes, prof at UN-Omaha - but has done yeoman work on several statewide committees in addition to the great work he is doing on the local board.

You mean as opposed to say some 7th grade educated, J.C. Penny suit wearing Evangelist who takes pensioners for their money on radio bible hours and who insists that all anyone needs to know is right there is the good book, which, btw, he has probably not read cover to cover.
Yes.  Someone who would protest the use of Arabic numerals as the spread of Sharia law.

Yes.  Someone who would protest the use of Arabic numerals as the spread of Sharia law.
I've always been suspicious of the numeral "3", while I accept all of the others. "3" is just a pair of boobs rotated 90 degrees.  I find that subversive.  Why can't we use a three leaf clover symbol instead, something to remind us of the holy trinity.  For those of a non-religious bent, well they can just be reminded of the card suit "clubs". 

Users who are viewing this thread