What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kentucky Derby Song Pole (1 Viewer)

Derby Tune

• Cali Punx

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Irish DGs

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Two Stepper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Short Person

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Finger Snappers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

otb_lifer

Footballguy
because ya can only handicap so much ... now with odds

Rancid - Golden Gate Fields  "this ain't Churchill Downs, this ain't Hollywood Park! when the field is wide open, i pick the horse with the biggest heart"  (that would be Flameaway in today's race)   2/1

Pogues - Bottle of Smoke "twenty ####### five to one, my gambling days are done, are done - i bet on a horse called Bottle of Smoke and my horse won!" (that would be Enticed today)  5/2

Declan McManus - Good Year For the Roses  ok, the race is called "the run for the roses", so ... sip a julep to the George Jones cover.  8/1

Randy Newman - My Old Kentucky Home the irascible ones personal spin on the ol' standard  10/1

Linkin' Bridge - also with My Old Kentucky Home an acapella version of the proper standard.  12/1

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy Newman is the same link as Linkin' Bridge, friend. 

I wanna hear the acapella version, too. I'm taking this seriously. Love the Pogues song.  

Oooh, this is tough.  Both Rancid and the Pogues are great songs.  

Leaning Pogues, waiting for the link to the acapella.  :D

2, 1 (Armstrong is second here, never out of first tier, but the Pogues nail a track song)   gotta go BJ for the tale

5 (Brilliant acapella) agreed, dark horse contender

4 (You've got a friend in me) cute, but bringing up the rear

3 (Couldn't make too much outta this) find a lady (or broomstick) to two step with  :D

All in all...

:thumbup:

Enjoy the Derby, you degenerates. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG_K1cHG-WY
check a box so we get verification ... oh, and i resemble that DG remark (taking book on my daughter's track meet, have her at 3/1 in the 100 yd. dash)

WRONG...

...WRONG....

----WRONG---

>>>you turds!

Winner ^HERE* 

BIGGER WINNER #HEAR$

...butt I had to include the first to lay down the lyrics.

It will be the offical in a few hours...keep posted.

:P
:excited:

There ya go, @otb_lifer. Great thread.  

Still going Pogues and Rancid, though Ray is no. three now. A little mamba or marimba, or whatever you call it, it's got that early sixties swing to it.    

Voted for my local track Golden Gate Fields.   Where the Bay comes to play.  Dollar beers on Sundays :banned:
that may explain some of the questionable odds i've seen over the years there ... now, howzabout the ill-fated Bay Meadows?

Users who are viewing this thread