What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🐎 *OFFICIAL 2022 Horse Racing Extravaganza Traveling Road Show Thread - Life Gettin' Better At Big Sandy* 🐎 (1 Viewer)

PS - SHOUTOUT TO THE MUCH MALIGNED WOOD MEMORIAL & THE BIG A

ok, it's earned it's derision - and certainly has taken a seat behind SA, Arky, Fla., Leezyanna Derbies, and the Bluegrass - no denying that. 

but the Wood trifecta this year was Mo D/EV/Skip. 

that yielded:

5th in the Derby for Mo D (questionable piloting by Irad, but respectable rally from the 1 hole).

runaway 1st (EV) and 5th (Skip) in the Preak. 

runaway 1st (Mo D) and juicy 3rd (Skip) in the Belmont. 

- the down year for Baffert/Yakteen greatly weakened S.A. & Oaklawn this year, so this Wood rejuvenation has as much to do with that as it has to do with the NY path rising back to prominence.

nonetheless, great year for the home tracks! 

🗽

:deadhorse:

PS - SHOUTOUT TO THE MUCH MALIGNED WOOD MEMORIAL & THE BIG A

ok, it's earned it's derision - and certainly has taken a seat behind SA, Arky, Fla., Leezyanna Derbies, and the Bluegrass - no denying that. 

but the Wood trifecta this year was Mo D/EV/Skip. 

that yielded:

5th in the Derby for Mo D (questionable piloting by Irad, but respectable rally from the 1 hole).

runaway 1st (EV) and 5th (Skip) in the Preak. 

runaway 1st (Mo D) and juicy 3rd (Skip) in the Belmont. 

- the down year for Baffert/Yakteen greatly weakened S.A. & Oaklawn this year, so this Wood rejuvenation has as much to do with that as it has to do with the NY path rising back to prominence.

nonetheless, great year for the home tracks! 

🗽

have to admit - i threw out the winner cuz his only big fig was on the RockawA line.

but howbout that exacta sweep by a Queens boy?! gottaluvit!

What’s next for Jack Christopher and Flightline?

Jacky:

Jack Christopher remained undefeated from four starts and will now likely stretch out in trip and seek his third Grade 1 victory in the $1 million Haskell Stakes on July 23 at Monmouth Park.
“We’re probably headed to the Haskell and I couldn’t be more pleased,” Brown said. “I think he’ll be able to (handle nine furlongs). He switches off nicely and is a very kind horse.”

Flighty:
“While post-race discussions centered around a next start in the $1 million Pacific Classic (G1) on Sept. 3 at Del Mar, the New York-based Finley said he'd like to see Flightline under consideration for the $1 million Whitney (G1). The nine-furlong test for older horses offers a "win and you're in" berth to the Breeders' Classic in November at Keeneland.
“I know exactly where I want to go, but John will make the call and he's done really well so far,” Finely said. “I think that's (the Pacific Classic) probably the leading candidate, but the Whitney certainly has to be in play, too. One or the other.”

still 6 weeks out for the War Down The Shore (Haskell), and our ol' buddy Cyberknife is the only other listed as possible at this time - really looking forward to seeing the healthy Jack mix it up in this latter half of the 3 yr old campaign - he'll bring sizzle to this crop, something we're missing now that Richy ran back to his means (his next will be the WV Derby).

meanwhile, Flightline = Roadrunner. 

☆ meepmeep☆

✌️

Last edited by a moderator:
... speaking of Cyberknife (well, at least was) - he resurfaced yesterday at Churchill, along with some other ne'er do well 3 yr olds, for the GIII Matt Winn - the "un-Derby", if you will.

last we saw him he was sucking wind and burning coin over this same oval - would he fare better here?

included as opponents were Rattle n' Roll, who was bandied as KD timber for a spell ... Howling Time, who scratched out the Belmont ... and a handful of other prep season also-rans looking to jump start the backend of their 3 yr old careers. 

now, you tell me who won

:popcorn:

Prat may be riding best in the gig these days. 

it can't keep producing nags, the tables have to turn eventually, and Mo's 11.9/35.5 is flat out filthy. 

nobody's run that lights out coming home at the Big A, and heading to Kentucky, in quite some time.

Early Voting gonna be a pace factor, too - and he can hang around a bit longer than a Walmart Card Table like Simplification  ... i think with Gulpstream & Oaklawn having down years, it's time to look NorthEast. 

from the Derby runup ... yep, i sure enjoy taking shots at Prat 

:coffee:

🇬🇧 🐴 we get Royal Ascot starting tmrw, centerpiece being the undefeated Baaeed, who is drawing raves along the lines of "the new Frankel" - will be watching this one 🐴 🇬🇧

for those with the streaming Peacock service, coverage begins this morning at 8:30 a.m. eastern time, with the meet's opening race, The Queen Anne Stakes, scheduled for 9:30. 

they sure kickoff with a bang, as Baaeed goes in that one - currently sitting at 1/9, and don't expect that to budge at all. 

🇬🇧

pre race top hats

in the stretch

finish line - never in doubt

he went off at 1/6, 15/2 second choice bottomed the exacta. 

the jock, Crowley, was sitting on a TON of horse early on - but Baaeed was not rank or pulling ... more like sitting chilly just waiting to explode. 

not hard used at all, the finish looked a hell of a lot closer than the actual race - he whipped the final furlong in 11.27  🐴

lived up to the billing, and this punches the ticket for the BC - we will most likely see him in Keeneland come the fall. 

ETA: those pics are from the Sky Sports UK Racing feed i picked up on The Crew IPTV (kodi) - flawless feed, great definition, zero buffering. 

Race 1 at Ascot this morning 9:30 ... Irad/Ward try again on the #10 horse Love Reigns - Ireland based. 

4/1 ml, 5f turf sprint, for 2 yr olds - field of 21.

won only start back in April @Keeneland, besting a field of 12 in a 5.5f turf sprint (80k MSW).

:popcorn:

we'll keep tryin' ... THANKS, TVG!

... sometimes the best bets you make are those ___ _____ ____

🇬🇧 Queen Mary Stakes results

It is a third winner for Danny Tudhope at Ascot following his double winner yesterday.

1 Dramatised (D Tudhope) 5-2

2 Maylandsea (D Egan) 28-1

3 Maria Branwell  (K Shoemark) 9-1

Tudhope revealed he dropped his stick through the race too! 

"The world is her oyster," Tudhope told ITV.

2:34pm

Dramatised wins Queen Mary Stakes

Jockey Irad Ortiz Jr was fiddling with his saddle ahead of the start but his horse wasn't affect, despite worries it could upset the horse.

No drama at the start but it was Love Reign who had the lead in the early stages.

It was an expert ride by Dramatised though who paced it well to take the win comfortably 🇬🇧

4th for the Yanks, much better than yesterday 🇺🇸

Ward has had success at the Royal Ascot meet, mostly using legendary Frankie Detorri ... welp, he snubbed Frankie for this year's edition, and dragged red hot Irad over with him. 

and, thus far, what has been reaped for his troubles?

- last in a field of 16 yesterday, after gate shenanigans, on the overwhelming fave. 

- distant 4th, as second betting choice, earlier today - with Irad catching a 10 day SIT for his (usual) over agressive tactics ... that #### don't fly over there. 

way to go, gents! 

:unsure:

- HE'S NO FRANKIE DETTORI 

:bye:

Five days, not 10 ... but, still 

Jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr. was handed a five-day ban for careless riding by stewards at Royal Ascot on Wednesday, according to the British Horseracing Authority's website. Riding the favorite Love Reigns for trainer Wesley Ward in Wednesday's Group 2 Queen Mary Stakes at Royal Ascot, Ortiz allowed his mount “to drift left-handed without sufficient correction.”

The issue occurred approximately half a furlong after the start; it forced three runners off their lines and caused another horse to clip heels and nearly unseat the rider. Love Reigns wound up finishing fourth.

this is typical of his style, though ... you'll see at least 1 objectionable instance a day when you watch him on every mount ... perhaps a couple. 

fantastic jock,  no question - but dude is a notorious ball-buster, no denying that. 

When is Pizza Bianca running? 

I can’t find it online …

Coronation Stakes, tomorrow - also featuring Motion's Spendarella - nice battle there. 

Clemente has Slipstream going in the Commonwealth, also tomorrow. 

Ward only has Campanelle left, she's undefeated here in two tries ... entered in the Platinum Jubilee on Saturday - but, ehhh, she has no jock atm - Thanks, Irad!

Catalano is here for the first time, and has Andthewinneris going in the Chesham on Saturday ... that's another one Irad was supposed to pilot. 

man - those connections gotta be royally pissed at that lil' bugger - all that work and prep to get here, then Ortiz plays demolition derby the day after he stiffed a ####### monster (Golden Pal) by admittedly being distracted and missing the gate break. 

🇬🇧 👑 🏇

Coronation Stakes, tomorrow - also featuring Motion's Spendarella - nice battle there. 

Clemente has Slipstream going in the Commonwealth, also tomorrow. 

Ward only has Campanelle left, she's undefeated here in two tries ... entered in the Platinum Jubilee on Saturday - but, ehhh, she has no jock atm - Thanks, Irad!

Catalano is here for the first time, and has Andthewinneris going in the Chesham on Saturday ... that's another one Irad was supposed to pilot. 

man - those connections gotta be royally pissed at that lil' bugger - all that work and prep to get here, then Ortiz plays demolition derby the day after he stiffed a ####### monster (Golden Pal) by admittedly being distracted and missing the gate break. 

🇬🇧 👑 🏇
Thanks bud

Ive been super busy this week , can we play these races above on tvg?

Thanks bud

Ive been super busy this week , can we play these races above on tvg?

yes ... and there are some monster fields to chew into - more entrants in a 5.5f turf sprint than on a full card at Santa Anita  :lol:

BEST FEATURE IS THE OMNI WAGER OPTION - you pick as many horses as you like, and as long as two of 'em finish in the top three, regardless of order, you cash. 

you can key/box, whatever floats ya ... and TVG is handling it ... i believe there are only a couple tracks here in the States that also offer this - dunno which off top of my head, tho. 

yes ... and there are some monster fields to chew into - more entrants in a 5.5f turf sprint than on a full card at Santa Anita  :lol:

BEST FEATURE IS THE OMNI WAGER OPTION - you pick as many horses as you like, and as long as two of 'em finish in the top three, regardless of order, you cash. 

you can key/box, whatever floats ya ... and TVG is handling it ... i believe there are only a couple tracks here in the States that also offer this - dunno which off top of my head, tho. 

Hmm, I’ve never heard of this 

👍

So it’s Ascot? I don’t have that listed on my tvg app 

Hmm, I’ve never heard of this 

👍

it's pretty swag ... and there is a scale payout, e.g. if you finish 1st/2nd or 1st/3rd the return is higher than 2nd/3rd - i've hit a couple thus far, it's much better than boxing exacta/tri, etc - very alluring wager, hope it catches popularity here soon. 

"BEST FEATURE IS THE OMNI WAGER OPTION - you pick as many horses as you like, and as long as two of 'em finish in the top three, regardless of order, you cash."

AKA The Meatloaf Special.

"BEST FEATURE IS THE OMNI WAGER OPTION - you pick as many horses as you like, and as long as two of 'em finish in the top three, regardless of order, you cash."

AKA The Meatloaf Special.

... and ya don't even need to be loved - just wanted or needed will suffice. 

:grad:

@otb_lifer

Joel and Clement in half an hour at Belmont 

how'd they do? 

i sat out rest of the card after punting the P5  :shrug:

Pizza Bianca/Spendarella are in the 4th at Royal Ascot this morning, 11:20 post time (and they mean it over there, no waiting 8 minutes for the start when 0 minutes to post are left).

PB ml of 25/1, Spendy 10/1

Clemente/Flay got Jose to sit in for his suspended brother - Motion has Buick up. 

Frankie sitiing on the 9/4 favorite, Inspiral. 

12 ladies going 1m on the turf - featuring the #9 Rolling the Dice, who has been set at 500/1 ml by those kooky blokes - Omni box it?

how'd they do? 

i sat out rest of the card after punting the P5  :shrug:

Pizza Bianca/Spendarella are in the 4th at Royal Ascot this morning, 11:20 post time (and they mean it over there, no waiting 8 minutes for the start when 0 minutes to post are left).

PB ml of 25/1, Spendy 10/1

Clemente/Flay got Jose to sit in for his suspended brother - Motion has Buick up. 

Frankie sitiing on the 9/4 favorite, Inspiral. 

12 ladies going 1m on the turf - featuring the #9 Rolling the Dice, who has been set at 500/1 ml by those kooky blokes - Omni box it?

Led from the start, 54 half and was totally empty in stretch lol

I spent  half an hour on live chat with tvg yesterday , they can’t figure out why I’m not being offered Ascot 🙄

I will be watching and pulling for Bianca, but won’t be playing ☹️

Couldn't resist putting in just cheap quinella boxes on these 90-horse fields at the ascot.  I mean the 27-25-20 combo never fails right?

-QG

Couldn't resist putting in just cheap quinella boxes on these 90-horse fields at the ascot.  I mean the 27-25-20 combo never fails right?

-QG

on the Sandrigham runup yesterday, one of the Brit touts was extolling the virtues of the #10 horse, then cemented his selection by saying "and i love the inside position he will break from" 

:lol:

No time this morning, but there's a guy that I follow on twitter sometimes that posted his pick 4 at Belmont, so I'm tailing it for $40.

starting in the 2nd:   2,7,8,9/all/2/1,7

just checked my PPs ... the horse singled in the 3rd leg is taking a big drop from 28k to 12.5k claimers here, and won in the higher class 10 weeks ago at the Big A. 

short price, might go off pt fave - but the swing allows for good coverage in the other 3. 

No time this morning, but there's a guy that I follow on twitter sometimes that posted his pick 4 at Belmont, so I'm tailing it for $40.

starting in the 2nd:   2,7,8,9/all/2/1,7

28/1 shot sunk this one from jump - gonna be a hefty payout

Ohio Derby 

Saturday, June 25th 

9f on the dirt

decent field for this 500k GIII bullring bonanza - some familiar names, looking to pick up a lil' steam heading into the Summer Stakes season. 

three KD refugees - winners of the TB Derby (CC), Fla. Derby (Whitey), Ruby (Tawny P) - along with hotshot winner of the Sir Barton in Ethereal Road, who is the one i'm backing here, BIGLY - his scratch from the Derby proved historic, his scratch from Belmont; not so much. 

note that ol' CC has been switched to the McPeek barn, will be his first start for them. 

Irad parachutes in to hop on Tawny P for Cox.

The Field:

1-Barese, Kendrick Carmouch, 9-2

2-Brigadier General, Reylu Gutierrez, 12-1

3-Droppin G's, Malcolm Franklin, 8-1

4-Ethereal Road, Rafael Bejarano, 4-1

5-White Abarrio, Tyler Gaffalione, 7-2

6-Pineapple Man, T.D. Houghton, 10-1

7-Tawny Port, Irad Ortiz Jr., 3-1

8 - Classic Causeway, Brian Hernandez Jr., 6-1

🐴  lookin' like a cold 4/7 exacta play for me atm, hefty win wager on the 4  🐴

will dig further on the hometown flavas for possible inclusion ... always love some home cookin'.

ps - White Abby has never impressed me in the least - big ball of MEH, imo ... he may have had the best of the Gulfstream prep season, but i don't think he's gonna be as good as Charge It or Simplification going forward. easy toss out the money for me here.  

Classic Causeway debuting for Kenny McPeak after his flame out in the Florida Derby and a mid-field finish in the Kentucky Derby.  

I may throw something at an 8/4 exacta, maybe throw him into a tri.

-fish- said:
Classic Causeway debuting for Kenny McPeak after his flame out in the Florida Derby and a mid-field finish in the Kentucky Derby.  

I may throw something at an 8/4 exacta, maybe throw him into a tri.

yeah, he'd certainly be third on my list ... he could be sent out that 8 hole, tho - dunno how that'll work out, what with ER looking like the switch just went ON at Pimlico (track bias notwithstanding) ... wouldn't shock me to see CC take this down, tbh - he's a player here, no question - but most likely gets inhaled by ER and picked up by Tawny P 

Users who are viewing this thread