What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🐎 *OFFICIAL 2022 Horse Racing Extravaganza Traveling Road Show Thread - Life Gettin' Better At Big Sandy* 🐎 (1 Viewer)

Jun 11th 2022 3:42 

BEL 11 $10.00 Trifecta BX 1,3,6

Total$60.00

CancelRepeat

Jun 11th 2022 3:41 

BEL 11 $25.00 Exacta BX 1,6

Total$50.00

CancelRepeat

Jun 11th 2022 3:41 

BEL 11 $50.00 Exacta BX 3,6

Total$100.00

CancelRepeat

Jun 11th 2022 3:40

BEL 11 $50.00 Exacta BX 1,3

Total$100.00

Moving on, can a Frenchman and a horse from Arkansas (of course bred in Kentucky) win the Belmont???

My money's on him.  Can't believe this price.  It will drop, but it's still going to be great value, imo.

We the People, out of Arkansas!

200W 100P on the 1.

20 EX Box 1, 5.

3 TRI Box 1, 5, 6, 8

Good luck to all, but especially the Frenchmen.

C'mon - quit the blaming Prat crying.  He rode the perfect race for that horse.  Did he get to the front? Did he keep the rail? Just wasn't good enough and that last race was wet track aided which was a possibility.  Couldn't even edge Skippy.  If the horse was good enough Prat would have won.  He wasn't.

C'mon - quit the blaming Prat crying.  He rode the perfect race for that horse.  Did he get to the front? Did he keep the rail? Just wasn't good enough and that last race was wet track aided which was a possibility.  Couldn't even edge Skippy.  If the horse was good enough Prat would have won.  He wasn't.
100% zero excuses.

i'm more amused than pissed - EV lined my pockets magnificently in the Preak - this was literally Monopoly money to me. 

congrats to all who hit big - Mo D & Nest earned this one, big time. 

zero excuses for WTP - Prat had it all his way til crunch time. 

won't be the last one i #### up, such is the game.

i'm more amused than pissed - EV lined my pockets magnificently in the Preak - this was literally Monopoly money to me. 

i think i came out even from losses in kentucky derby and belmont and the wins in the preakness.  did better on the $5500 claimer donkeys last night 

I f'up every card.  Only have to be right one time as you know. That's the beauty and fun part of horse racing.

It's hysterical, how clueless.  You couldn't have rated that horse any better.  He couldn't go 1 1/2 miles.  Which, OMG, is what almost all of these horses, especially nowadays, aren't really bred to do.  There are maybe 10 posters in here that realize none of those horses have ever been asked to run that far.

Blaming the jock for that loss / ride is as ignorant as it gets.  But I kind of enjoy reading the reactions.  Not unlike being at the track, wherever everybody knows better.  This thread is a riot.

No I won’t. I was just being over the top to yank your chain a little. I’m a casual horse better at absolute best.

Oh, NICE!  You definitely got me, you f'er!  Actually, you got me good!

I even said to myself, I used to love McBokonon, what happened to that guy?! :lmao:  

gotta hand it to Nest - really impressed by her tenacity ... nobody was shocked by Mo winning, but i know a ton who slagged the filly, including me. 

she dug in as tough as was needed ... that rally was one of a true champion, can't wait to see where they point her next. 

Mo D ... ran down EV in the Wood, same here on WTP - what can ya say? that gear he found was phenomenal  - he could've gone another mile, it seemed. 

great race, no matter how ya bet it ✌️

gotta hand it to Nest - really impressed by her tenacity ... nobody was shocked by Mo winning, but i know a ton who slagged the filly, including me. 

she dug in as tough as was needed ... that rally was one of a true champion, can't wait to see where they point her next. 

Mo D ... ran down EV in the Wood, same here on WTP - what can ya say? that gear he found was phenomenal  - he could've gone another mile, it seemed. 

The filly was the only one of my 135 to show up, nice race by her.

- and let's tack on the fact that she hiccuped the start - think i gotta doff my pomp to ol' @wikkidpissah - she just may have been the best aniscule in the shebang. 

That Prat guy....

80k alw? sure. 

but he's not exactly lighting it up in this deep colony ... facts is facts. 

btw, can anybody find where i slagged him on the runup to the Belmont?  

keep digging, 'cause you won't find it ... i never said WTP was gonna be compromised by his pilot, matter of fact, i've been quite the oppposite, as i was keen on WTP since the PP. 

but, hey ... such is the gig. 

btw, i mean this in the general sense, Judge - not just pointed at you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Churchill meet.  Seems like he hangs with the best.  Guy is the best grass rider in North America.  Bar none.  You might say Irad but I'd disagree.  He can also race great on dirt.  Puts horses in places they can win.  Judges the speed well (by the way in the race you mentioned Ortiz finished 3rd - misjudged the pace as well.  It happens)

Flavien Prat 31 7 5 4 $2,040,795

Irad Ortiz, Jr. 32 4 9 7 $1,567,005

Joel Rosario 32 7 1 9 $2,177,396

80k alw? sure. 

but he's not exactly lighting it up in this deep colony ... facts is facts. 

btw, can anybody find where i slagged him on the runup to the Belmont?  

keep digging, 'cause you won't find it ... i never said WTP was gonna be compromised by his pilot, matter of fact, i've been quite the oppposite, as i was keen on WTP since the PP. 

but, hey ... such is the gig. 

btw, i mean this in the general sense, Judge - not just pointed at you. 
He's been great in California, but he hasn't seen this kind of talent.  Rispoli couldn't compete and went back to Santa Anita.  Prat has the skill, but he definitely has certain habits to his riding and they worked in a shallower pool.  He wants an Eclipse award and he'll get one soon, if not this year.

I want to be open minded.  The racing in California is terrible.  Except for Del Mar.  Much of the racing in NY is terrible.  Except for Saratoga.  I've just watched Prat including when he ships to "deeper waters" and he almost always runs his race with great judgment of pace.  He moves horses way up on the grass.

Who is better out there right now?

Irad Ortiz - OK, gets great stock too

Jose Ortiz - I like betting him over his brother most times, so what does that say

Joel Rosario - I take Prat every time.  Ask Asmussen what he thinks

Tyler Gafflione? - I think Prat towers over him.  Same with Dylan freakin' Davis who is winning meets these days - so how good are the rest in NY? Castellano over the hill.  Same with Velasquez.  Cancel and Franco are journeyman.  Saez good on certain types of horses but not versatile.  Then who? Used to think that Geroux was one of the ones but he's tailed off.  Out west Smith is done.  So is Espinoza.  Don't even start with anybody out in Arkansas.  Churchill and Keeneland are void of talent.  Shipping jockeys dominate unless you are going to tell me Brian Hernandez is the second coming.

Prat is really, really good.  Not the best yet.  But I've never seen him in a bad streak or slump.  He wins everywhere.  I think people are spoiled and expect him to win with every mount.

Churchill meet.  Seems like he hangs with the best.  Guy is the best grass rider in North America.  Bar none.  You might say Irad but I'd disagree.  He can also race great on dirt.  Puts horses in places they can win.  Judges the speed well (by the way in the race you mentioned Ortiz finished 3rd - misjudged the pace as well.  It happens)

Flavien Prat 31 7 5 4 $2,040,795

Irad Ortiz, Jr. 32 4 9 7 $1,567,005

Joel Rosario 32 7 1 9 $2,177,396
The best grass rider in America is Joel

imo

otb_lifer said:
'Capping Buddy In ...

he's all about Mo D, los hermanos Ortiz/Toddfather exacta, and CM. 

6/3,5/3,5 for exacta/tri

6/3,5/3,5/1,2,4,7,8 super

:deadhorse:

he hipped me to an interesting nugget on the Peter Pan winners ... in the past 20 yrs, 9 have gone on to the Belmont, and EACH has regressed in form - by an average of 10 shaved off their PP bsf. 

this includes Tonalist, who still managed to bag the W.  

:shrug:

sonofa##### also had a hefty win bet on Mo D - he had himself a good day, i shoulda heeded his (and Smails & wik) call on the filly.

the stat about the PeterPan winners regressing needs to be bookmarked for next year - fading the winners is definitely the way ... Tonalist the only winner to successfully conquer the Blemont (2014) this century.

i believe WTP bagged a 103 fig on that sealed surface, and with PP winners averaging a 10 point shave on their speed figs in the Belmont, well ... there ya go. 

looks like Jack Christopher will finally have a say in 3 yr old H.o.t.Y. contest ... saw a quote from Brown saying that the Haskell is definitely being aimed for - would love to see Mo D try and catch that one ... but dunno if Pletcher leaves the Spa - Haskell is 7/23, the Jim Dandy is 7/30, and that's where i'd expect Mo to go. 

really looking forward to the next Secret Oath/Nest dustup - she ran her heart out yesterday, but i still can't seperate them, as far as top 3 yr old filly goes.

in closing up this TC season, i'd like to once again thank EV/Jose/Chad for tuning me up, and making this stretch quite profitable 📈 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread