What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (4 Viewers)

Also the Lady Expendables were awesome. Because they were just awesome. They didn't tell us they were awesome. They didn't have other people go "wow look how awesome they are". They were all individually built up over the course of 2 seasons (and some from clone wars) and shown to be the best at what they do. Then when it came time to raid the ship, they just did it. It didn't matter that they were women. They were just badasses doing what they do. That's how you do it. Show don't tell. 
Four badass chicks from the Moulin Rouge

I'd say the only legit booger on the glass in regards to the show is the Bo Katan/Dark Saber "Has to win it combat" situation when Sabine freely gave it to her in Rebels.  That, and maybe shoehorning Grogu/Luke up against the New Trilogy a little bit more.*

ETA: * Nevermind...it looks like the timeline goes ROTJ - 4 years ABY/ Mandolorian - 9 years ABY/ Force Awakens 34 years ABY......but I'd have to imagine that Luke leaves and goes off to be a hermit somewhere around 20 years ABY.  
According to the Wookieepedia, the destruction of Skywalker's academy was in 28 ABY.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Destruction_of_Luke_Skywalker%27s_Jedi_academy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, and with Mando 3 having been announced for Xmas 2021, there is a lot of confusion right now.  This might actually be "Season 3" and we are just playing in an open sandbox now.
Just read Favreau say Mando season 3 will be after Boba Fett. So likely.......2022 :cry:  

He was on Good Morning America this morning talking about it. Him and Filoni are doing Fett too. 

Just read Favreau say Mando season 3 will be after Boba Fett. So likely.......2022 :cry:  
So maybe the Disney investor meeting announcement was a fake-out then.  They are probably filming Fett until March.  Maybe they would take 2-3 weeks off before starting Mando.  So yea, don't see how that fits into a December release.  But they may be up to something.

So how much animosity is there still between the Mandalorians and the Jedi? When Mando found baby Yoda, the Armorer mentioned there were ancient stories about the Jedi. Mando seemed completely unaware that they existed. Bo Katan seem to have a decent relationship with the Jedi from The Clone Wars. She and Asoka were friends, it appeared, by the end. It would seem odd if they really hated each other, that Bo Katan would go to the Republic and the Jedi to help her.  Maybe it was a case of The enemy of my enemy is my friend. However, when Mando brought up needing to take baby Yoda to the Jedi, Bo Katan did not seem angry about it.  Dunno.  :shrug:

He was on Good Morning America this morning talking about it. Him and Filoni are doing Fett too. 
Nooooo!

In regards to Mando.

Oh,  forgot.... the sound effects on this show have been fantastic,  combined with the music. The sound of an ion charge exploding,  whoa. The effects of the force connection when grogu was on the rock, and it's sound.  Just pure geekery for me. 
Sounded like they used the same "Blast 'em!" audio from ANH in this episode?

I've watched the Luke scene like 10 times now.  The music is incredible.  That is better than most of the movies they put out. The director nailed this episode and the moment will be star wars legend forever. 

They will probably release Boba as a 4 part mini around Thanksgiving,  then mando right after it which would be right around Christmas 

it would be really cool if they could work a crossover where some of the good guys from game of thrones showed up but only the good ones like arya stark and jon snow and that loveable scamp hodor and probably ygritte just because she was pretty cool and easy on the eyes and i guess that breianne of tarth character because she was pretty all right too i guess could you imagine those brohans all getting together with the mandalorians and having a huge ewok rave that would be pretty sweet take that to the bank brohans 

it would be really cool if they could work a crossover where some of the good guys from game of thrones showed up but only the good ones like arya stark and jon snow and that loveable scamp hodor and probably ygritte just because she was pretty cool and easy on the eyes and i guess that breianne of tarth character because she was pretty all right too i guess could you imagine those brohans all getting together with the mandalorians and having a huge ewok rave that would be pretty sweet take that to the bank brohans 
"Is the big woman here?" 

Well, you could say that

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
now just think about that one and breanna of barf galavanting across the galaxy setting right to wrong and bringing christmas cheer to all quadrents of the outer rim brohans that would be one hell of a show and i for one would be in take that to the bank brohans 

It got to the point that I was only continuing to watch because it was a weekly activity with my son. It was our Friday night thing. But, I have to say, the last few episodes were really good. The episodes from Ahsoka to Luke was good TV.

Yeah I don't know why these VFX places don't use deepfake more. Get Hamill to do the job on set, or, some double that really looks a lot like him (Sebastian Stan?) and then just deepfake the last five yards.

Yeah I don't know why these VFX places don't use deepfake more. Get Hamill to do the job on set, or, some double that really looks a lot like him (Sebastian Stan?) and then just deepfake the last five yards.
That is what they did.  Hamill was on set for a "secret shoot" and they did have another actor who looked a hell of a lot like Hamill (not Stan) as the stand-in.  

Ive read a few articles the last few days that are not too thrilled with Lukes inclusion. They make the point that all things Star Wars seem to go back to the same few characters. They argue that Mado could have built the SW universe without the Skywalkers, but didnt. 

Interesting points for sure even though it was super awesome. Even if that is all we see of Luke, did they really need him or could it have been some other jedi. :shrug:

Ive read a few articles the last few days that are not too thrilled with Lukes inclusion. They make the point that all things Star Wars seem to go back to the same few characters. They argue that Mado could have built the SW universe without the Skywalkers, but didnt. 

Interesting points for sure even though it was super awesome. Even if that is all we see of Luke, did they really need him or could it have been some other jedi. :shrug:

I was definitely annoyed that the Episodes 7-8-9 basically reduced the entire broad galaxy of action they have access to down to basically a family argument.

ETA: I'm an idiot and had my timeline off on possibility of who they could have used.

No matter what Star Wars does, there will be people finding an angle to criticize it for clicks. 

I mean, if the story arc requires them to find a Jedi to train baby Yoda, the alternative approach of ignoring the fact that there's a prominent, super-duper grand master Jedi out there looking for recruits seems like much more of a stretch.  

Don't be ridiculous. I've been literally waiting 37 years for that scene.  Some people will complain about anything.

There's good use of the same few characters, and bad use of the same few characters.  Making Anakin having built C-3PO so he and R2 can be in all the movies was stupid.  Bringing the Emperor back from the dead in the finale is bad.

Giving us a small glimpse of Like Skywalker at the peak of his power was good use of a main character.

Sorry, but having Luke be an utter badass in a very cool scene is not a bad thing. 2 seasons and we had, what 90 seconds of Luke? I'm good with that. 

I mean, if the story arc requires them to find a Jedi to train baby Yoda, the alternative approach of ignoring the fact that there's a prominent, super-duper grand master Jedi out there looking for recruits seems like much more of a stretch.  
This - a lot of the “superfans” were begging for either Ezra Bridger (whose “where is he?” story still needs to be fleshed out and resolved first, likely in the Ashoka series), or Cal Kestis, which would have been FAR too obscure a pick for a moment as climactic as that one.

Luke was the only logical choice in that timeline.  It wasn’t about shoehorning Skywalkers.

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
This - a lot of the “superfans” were begging for either Ezra Bridger (whose “where is he?” story still needs to be fleshed out and resolved first, likely in the Ashoka series), or Cal Kestis, which would have been FAR too obscure a pick for a moment as climactic as that one.

Luke was the only logical choice in that timeline.  It wasn’t about shoehorning Skywalkers.
They could have made Ashoka work too

AcerFC said:

My rebuttal to that? #### em. 

AcerFC said:

There aren’t supposed to be any other jedi left. 

They could have made Ashoka work too
Which would have been 1/10th as awesome.  You have to be a pretty miserable curmudgeon not to have just sat back and enjoyed the hell out of that.  I was giddy.

My reaction was probably a bit different from some described here.  I was stunned because it didn’t even occur to me it could be Luke.  Like that seemed so farfetched to me.  So the X-Wing rolls in and I’m thinking “hm, wonder if this person is here to help.”  And even then the guy comes walking through with the cloak and I’m thinking “huh, maybe a Jedi.”   And then a lightsaber comes out and he’s totally kicktail and I’m thinking “wait.  Wait a minute...”. And then the black glove on one hand and it’s suddenly dawning on me, like “oh crap.  Wait.  Could it seriously be???”  So when he dropped the hood and it was Luke, like actual Luke, from that time frame, I was practically jumping off my couch.”  But for me it was a slow buildup over the span of a couple minutes.  And it was so freaking awesome.

Also thought it was cool to see him just wreck like that.  Poor Mando almost got killed by one of those things.  Barely got out alive.  Luke cuts through a whole platoon of them like a warm knife through butter.  It was interesting to see just how powerful and dominant and special Luke was, because I don’t think we ever saw that in the original movies.  It’s helpful context and explanation for why this guy was such a legend.  

Just really awesome and well done.  

Which would have been 1/10th as awesome.  You have to be a pretty miserable curmudgeon not to have just sat back and enjoyed the hell out of that.  I was giddy.

My reaction was probably a bit different from some described here.  I was stunned because it didn’t even occur to me it could be Luke.  Like that seemed so farfetched to me.  So the X-Wing rolls in and I’m thinking “hm, wonder if this person is here to help.”  And even then the guy comes walking through with the cloak and I’m thinking “huh, maybe a Jedi.”   And then a lightsaber comes out and he’s totally kicktail and I’m thinking “wait.  Wait a minute...”. And then the black glove on one hand and it’s suddenly dawning on me, like “oh crap.  Wait.  Could it seriously be???”  So when he dropped the hood and it was Luke, like actual Luke, from that time frame, I was practically jumping off my couch.”  But for me it was a slow buildup over the span of a couple minutes.  And it was so freaking awesome.

Also thought it was cool to see him just wreck like that.  Poor Mando almost got killed by one of those things.  Barely got out alive.  Luke cuts through a whole platoon of them like a warm knife through butter.  It was interesting to see just how powerful and dominant and special Luke was, because I don’t think we ever saw that in the original movies.  It’s helpful context and explanation for why this guy was such a legend.  

Just really awesome and well done.  
Agree Luke is better, just saying Ashoka could have worked if they didn’t want to go Luke route

And I had it spoiled for me because I didn’t watch it at 7 AM Friday so my Google home page had a bunch of WOW LUKE SKYWALKER LOOKED SO YOUNG IN THE MANDALORIAN articles 

Users who are viewing this thread