What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Will Dissly? (1 Viewer)

Seems like everyone doubted Dissly because of his combine numbers being unimpressive. Seems pretty short sighted.
I mean, look at that post above that’s sitting in yahoo. They are still doubting.

“Dissly doesn’t offer much athleticism”

They obviously didn’t watch his over the shoulder grab while the ball was being punched out Thursday night.

the good news is that he shouldn't gave cost anyone anything so hopefully you have a plan A to fall back on 
Well OJ Howard and Vance McDonald were my plans A & B.  Dissly was plan C and he was starting for me... uhoh.  Plans D & E are Gesicki and Josh Oliver. Looks like I’m going back to Vance.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My plan A was Njoku. Got claims in for Hock, Herndon, or Witten now. Thanks for the good weeks Dissly, see ya next year. 

Sucks. Droppable in dynasty as well?
I plan on putting him on IR (assuming you have an IR spot).  He came back once already from injury last year and it’s not like he’s a small fast receiver who uses his agility to get open.  Sanders came back from an Achilles, hopefully Dissly can too. 

Speaking of, I wonder what is taking so long for the Seahawks to put him on IR? Supposedly he had tests ran 2 days ago.
Been wondering the same thing. Teams are usually pretty quick to refill roster spots for injured players. 

Also, anyone think his Rotoworld picture look like a young Roger Goodell? 

Has he officially been put on injured reserve? 

Technicality but it helps an owner leap frog the WW, all IR-Injuries get first crack in my leagues. 

But he has to be on IR

Dissly is having surgery & is out for the season.
Yup thanks.  Just saw this gem on Rotoworld.... So is it an Achilles or an ACL???

Will Dissly (Achilles') will undergo surgery on his torn ACL, missing the remainder of the 2019 season.

As expected. It's already the second time in as many seasons Dissly's suffered a brutal leg injury as he missed most of '18 with a torn right patellar tendon. The 23-year-old was a true star in the making with 23/262/4 over six appearances this year and 31/418/6 in the first 10 games of his career. He'll be back on fantasy radars in 2020. Luke Willson will take over at tight end for the rest of 2019.

Yup thanks.  Just saw this gem on Rotoworld.... So is it an Achilles or an ACL???

Will Dissly (Achilles') will undergo surgery on his torn ACL, missing the remainder of the 2019 season.

As expected. It's already the second time in as many seasons Dissly's suffered a brutal leg injury as he missed most of '18 with a torn right patellar tendon. The 23-year-old was a true star in the making with 23/262/4 over six appearances this year and 31/418/6 in the first 10 games of his career. He'll be back on fantasy radars in 2020. Luke Willson will take over at tight end for the rest of 2019.
Achilles.

what are the chances he comes back next year and beyond?  he was dropped in my dynasty league and I'm trying to figure out his value going forward in the future years.

what are the chances he comes back next year and beyond?  he was dropped in my dynasty league and I'm trying to figure out his value going forward in the future years.
He will be back next season.  The talent and opportunity is there.  The problem is he has been in the league two years and he has suffered season ending injuries both times.  So there is a legitimate question as to whether he can stay healthy.  He has lots of upside at an overall weak position so if you have room to stash him for next season and have a need at the position I would do it.   He was the top TE this season until he got hurt. 

The Seahawks expect Will Dissly (Achilles) to be ready for Week 1.

Dissly tore his Achilles in November of 2019 and immediately had surgery. The Seahawks are expecting him to join the newly signed Greg Olsen in two-TE sets next September as Seattle continues to try to win with size and power. Dissly was pumping out low-end TE1 numbers prior to his injury but should be left off fantasy draft boards now that Olsen is in town. It's worth noting that Dissly also had a torn patellar tendon in 2018, so it's certainly possible that his athleticism has been sapped.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Feb 19, 2020, 1:48 PM ET

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said TE Will Dissly (Achilles') passed his physical.

Carroll, who is known to rave with fluff from time to time, said Dissly had an "incredible" offseason during his nine months of rehab work in California. Even so, the team still has "no intention" of rushing the third-year pro back with veteran Greg Olsen around. The 23-year-old recorded 23/262/4 through six appearances before tearing his Achilles' in November and should see his reps slowly ramped up to start the year.

SOURCE: Joe Fann on Twitter

Aug 3, 2020, 4:52 PM ET

Seahawks TE Will Dissly practiced Wednesday, 10 months after tearing his Achilles.

Coach Pete Carroll has expected Dissly to be ready for Week 1, and today's practice is further evidence that Dissly should suit up for the season opener. With that said, the Seahawks can bring Dissly along slowly with Greg Olsen now in the building. Expect Dissly and Olsen to split a large chunk of the Seahawks' tight end snaps this season, which could limit their fantasy appeal altogether. The fact that Dissly has returned on time despite suffering a torn patella and torn Achilles in his career is notable.

RELATED: 

Greg Olsen

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Aug 12, 2020, 4:41 PM ET

Seahawks TE Will Dissly (Achilles) will be active for Week 1. 

Dissly is returning from a torn Achilles just as he emerged as the starting tight end for the 2019 Seahawks. Listed as the team's TE2 behind Greg Olsen, Dissly wont' be a fantasy factor to start the season. He'll be worth monitoring in tight end premium leagues and deeper formats. 

SOURCE: Joe Fann on Twitter 

Sep 11, 2020, 5:29 PM ET

Will Dissly caught 2-of-2 targets for eight yards in the Seahawks' Week 1 win over the Falcons. 

Making his return from a torn Achilles' tendon, Dissly got doubled up by Greg Olsen in targets. The Seahawks absolutely love Dissly — who has now completed comebacks from two major injuries — but it is not going to translate to consistent TE2 value behind Olsen. 

- Rotoworld

Anyone taking a flyer on Dissly with Olsen out and the overall weakness of the TE position?

He was a very solid option last season as the Sea starting TE until he got hurt (which is always the problem with him).  Sounds like he may share time with Hollister though.  

The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar said Will Dissly "may be in position to hold the top spot" on the Seahawks' depth chart in 2021. 

It's an unpleasant reminder that Gerald Everett probably didn't become the team's primary pass catching tight end when he signed with Seattle last week. Dugar said Everett, who reunites with former Rams coach and new Seattle offensive coordinator Shane Waldron, "would at worst be the No. 2 tight end behind Dissly to start the season." Waldron praised Everett's pass catching in an interview shortly after Everett signed with the Hawks. "He's got aggressive hands, and he can seem to always find a way to get open versus tight man-to-man coverage," Waldron said, calling Everett's after-the-catch ability "a big asset" to Seattle's offense. Dissly in 2019 emerged as the team's No. 1 tight end, catching 23 of 27 targets for 263 yards and four touchdowns before tearing his Achilles in Week 6. Everett seems unlikely to have the pass-catching role all to himself in 2021. 

RELATED: 

Gerald Everett

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Mar 22, 2021, 9:05 AM ET

Speaking Tuesday, Seahawks GM John Schneider called TE Will Dissly a "core dude on the offense."

He also implied that the Seahawks had to pay Dissly more money than expected because "another team that knows Dissly well was coming after him." You don't know the team, they're in Canada. Dissly has yet to play more than 60% of the offensive snaps or create more than 300 receiving yards in a season, but the Seahawks valued his leadership enough to overpay him. Noah Fant will be the Seahawks tight end who draws targets this year, and even those targets might not be all that fantasy-valuable.

RELATED: 

Noah Fant

SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter

Mar 29, 2022, 4:41 PM ET
John Schneider losing credibility with the bolded part here.

Users who are viewing this thread