What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking - Kareem Hunt RELEASED and unclaimed (1 Viewer)

Drop 100% of the non-football talk and trying to defend any actions justifying violence against women. Full stop.
To be clear, my previous posts were not defending violence against women.  They weren’t defending hunt at all.  What he did was wrong.  But this wasn’t violence against women and it is dangerous to classify it as such, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
he got cut and now we think he's headed for a 1 year suspension.if that suspension happens today, that would put him at week 14 2019 season before his next NFL game, so essentially he won't make a meaningful, season long contribution to  an NFL team until 2020. As good as he has been in games, I can't see there not being equally valuable players in the 2019 and 2020 drafts ,thus  greatly weakening Hunt's own value. two drafts, loads of RBs coming out.

I dont see him getting another shot at playing. especially in this day and age. the video has doomed him, and for good reason. there's simply no way around it.

and we haven't even gotten to the point of charges being filed yet. and a lawsuit.  Gloria Alred has the victim on speed dial. it is likely that this will blow up to epic proportions..

good for the Chiefs for their swift justice

had Hunt not asked 19 years olds back to his room it wouldn't have happened, if neither he or his crew or her or her friends had been bar hopping it wouldn't have happened .... the what if's are endless
Almost sounds like you are saying these are bad things to do.

If she had left when she was asked to, it wouldn’t have happened. 

Well, to her anyway.  
Ummm, ok. And?  since she didn't leave when asked she deserved to be shoved and kicked when she was on the ground? As a male species, that's your rule book? Oh well, we asked her nicely once so we can unleash on her physically?

Ummm, ok. And?  since she didn't leave when asked she deserved to be shoved and kicked when she was on the ground? As a male species, that's your rule book? Oh well, we asked her nicely once so we can unleash on her physically?
Bad #### can happen to 19 years old (men or women) that get wasted and hang out with people they don’t know all night.  Hopefully, she learns from this. 

Sure, I would have handled it different, but I’m not 23 and don’t hang out with people I don’t know in those situations. Hunt deserves punishment, but not the NFL death sentence. 

She should have left when asked the first (may have been more) time. 

I realize that.  Though, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that he would have injured her if the guys weren't there to hold him back.  I didn't see anything in the video that suggested he wanted to cause her serious physical harm.  
I guess I consider pushing his way thru 2-3 guys to try to get to her as a clear sign he was trying to hurt her...don’t think he fights that much with them if he is just planning on yelling at her or whatever. There’s also the kick at the end, again he didn’t get much on it but that could be because the one guy was trying to pull him back away again.

I agree except with the year long suspension. A suspension for sure, but I’m guessing 6 games
Zeke got 6 games and people basically said it was the league making a stance or showing that there not gonna tolerate it and I thought there wasn’t as much evidence so I think with the video they up to a year. It will definitely be atleast 6 games

bad .... I dunno you'd classify them as "bad" but she knew what she was doing going from a bar to hotel room with an NFL stud player. Now ... she didn't "ask" to be treated how she was, but there is a bit of responsibility in her being there to begin with. Doesn't justify what Hunt did though.

First, Hunt deserves whatever comes his way, he put himself in a bad situation.

Secondly, the most violent act on that tape is the women punching Hunt in the face. That was not a women's cat fight punch, it was a violent act that she put some power into. If she had been a 125 pound man who threw that punch he would be in jail.

First, there is really no way to defend Kareem Hunt here: his actions were deplorable.  He is a young man driven by emotions, and he allowed those emotions to consume him.  He made a grievous error in both judgment and in action.  That said, I am a bit surprised the Chiefs cut ties so swiftly.  I might have let this play out.  Then again, this is the same team that traded Marcus Peters this offseason, and I felt that move was, at least in part, motivated by character concerns with Peters.  I cannot fault a team for taking the high ground, if that is in fact the motivating factor here. However, I have never heard any reports that Hunt has been a locker-room cancer or disciplinary problem with the Chiefs.   I would have disciplined him internally or allowed the League to hand down a suspension, or both, but I would not have cut him loose.

I expect Hunt will play in the League again once he serves a suspension.  It seems most fans quickly forgive players for their transgressions.  While this was a deplorable act by the young man, once the League has extracted its pound of flesh from him, Kareem Hunt is unlikely to stay unemployed long.  History suggests that Hunt is not likely to be blackballed for this single incident.  This does not rise quite to the level of the Ray Rice incident, but more significantly, Hunt, unlike Rice, is facing this issue during the prime of his career.  Hunt will need some damage control to clean up his image, but he should be afforded ample time to make that investment.

Not as much evidence?  Are you insane?  There was a clear video of Zeke grabbing and squeezing a chicks boob. What Zeke did was waaaaaaaay worse than what Hunt did. 
The girl knew him.  She was ok with it.  Still dumb for a celebrity to do in public even if it was his wife, but it was consensual.  

Bad #### can happen to 19 years old (men or women) that get wasted and hang out with people they don’t know all night.  Hopefully, she learns from this. 

Sure, I would have handled it different, but I’m not 23 and don’t hang out with people I don’t know in those situations. Hunt deserves punishment, but not the NFL death sentence. 

She should have left when asked the first (may have been more) time. 
Lol. I'll remember that while raising my daughter. If you don't leave a party when asked you may get beat up and kicked. And you'll have deserved it.  Life is tough. World class athletes are even tougher. Lay there and keep your mouth shut while he's kicking you.

I can hear my mom's voice in my ear on stuff like this. You go out you party, you have fun. It gets late and then late becomes early. Sometimes there's a pivotal point during a night out where it's time to call ti a night and go home. Sometimes people recognize it and sometimes they don't. When they don't, the "bad stuff happens" factor sometimes ratchets way up...

I can hear my mom's voice in my ear on stuff like this. You go out you party, you have fun. It gets late and then late becomes early. Sometimes there's a pivotal point during a night out where it's time to call ti a night and go home. Sometimes people recognize it and sometimes they don't. When they don't, the "bad stuff happens" factor sometimes ratchets way up...
100% correct. Also, 100% irrelevant. Her being out too late or being with the wrong crowd doesn't excuse Hunt from getting physical with her and being the reason she ended up being with the 'wrong crowd'.

if it makes you Hunt apologists feel better, I hope she never plays in the NFL either.

Who beat up a woman?  Did Kareem Hunt beat up a woman?  If he did, Point me to the video that shows that because it certainly isn’t on this tape. Who’s trolling now?

and the Chiefs released him for lying...not for beating anyone up nor due to some BS domestic abuse accusation. When you call what is on this video, domestic abuse, you belittle people that suffer from actual domestic abuse. Don’t be that guy. 
Don't be the guy who compartmentalizes abuse to woman. None of it is OK.

Lol. I'll remember that while raising my daughter. If you don't leave a party when asked you may get beat up and kicked. And you'll have deserved it.  Life is tough. World class athletes are even tougher. Lay there and keep your mouth shut while he's kicking you.
well to be fair, she wasn't in the room anymore - right ? she wasn't a part of the party anymore - she was in the hallway, right ?

Hopefully, as part of her growth, you’ll make her aware of different ways she could put herself in bad situations and ways to avoid them. Also, eduacate her on the best ways to get out of bad situations if she does happen to get in one. 

Good luck. 

I know the typical advice in situations like this is to keep your head low and your mouth shut until social tempers quiet down, but I really think Hunt should try to take control of this narrative quickly. The longer he says nothing, the worse it makes him look. IMO he should swing back hard with racist accusations (even if not true) and try and get a contingent of people in his corner if he wants to survive this. If he can turn this narrative into "violence against women" vs. "racism", that's a win for him. Way better than the current "Violence against women" vs. "psycho football player" narrative.

Bonus points if he claims he identified as a woman on the night the video was taken. Would take some balls, but a few idiots would believe it. If he really went with it he might even get some LGBTQ backing. That's the strategy these days. Completely discombobulate the issue with every stupid possible claim of victimhood. That's really what he should be thinking about. Making himself look at least marginally like a victim.

Heck, he could quit playing football then and concentrate on being a full-time SJW. Just as lucrative without the wear and tear. They could make a movie about it.

So yeah, basically toss out the easy racist allegations coupled with the shocking twist of identifying as a female thereby negating the man-on-woman brutality angle. Claim the girl was making racist and trans-phobic comments, and he just snapped. "Nobody knows what it's like to be a white woman trapped in a black man's body" type stuff. Man that would sell.

I know the typical advice in situations like this is to keep your head low and your mouth shut until social tempers quiet down, but I really think Hunt should try to take control of this narrative quickly. The longer he says nothing, the worse it makes him look. IMO he should swing back hard with racist accusations (even if not true) and try and get a contingent of people in his corner if he wants to survive this. If he can turn this narrative into "violence against women" vs. "racism", that's a win for him. Way better than the current "Violence against women" vs. "psycho football player" narrative.

Bonus points if he claims he identified as a woman on the night the video was taken. Would take some balls, but a few idiots would believe it. If he really went with it he might even get some LGBTQ backing. That's the strategy these days. Completely discombobulate the issue with every stupid possible claim of victimhood. That's really what he should be thinking about. Making himself look at least marginally like a victim.

Heck, he could quit playing football then and concentrate on being a full-time SJW. Just as lucrative without the wear and tear. They could make a movie about it.

So yeah, basically toss out the easy racist allegations coupled with the shocking twist of identifying as a female thereby negating the man-on-woman brutality angle. Claim the girl was making racist and trans-phobic comments, and he just snapped. "Nobody knows what it's like to be a white woman trapped in a black man's body" type stuff. Man that would sell.
As silly as that sounds he probably could pull it off in today's America.

Dude... they have just rolled up a phatty and munched on some amazing food ... Bar Hopping is so stupid when your young and famous....

Smoke trees and grab that Bass pole next time bruh...... R.Moss

Hopefully, as part of her growth, you’ll make her aware of different ways she could put herself in bad situations and ways to avoid them. Also, eduacate her on the best ways to get out of bad situations if she does happen to get in one. 

Good luck. 
Thanks for the advice. Will do. I will also pray that the guys that would take advantage of such mistakes and push and kick women will all end up paying a stiff price like Hunt will. I also pray that guys like you, who love to excuse criminal behavior by placing the blame on the victim, one day develop some morals. 

Not as much evidence?  Are you insane?  There was a clear video of Zeke grabbing and squeezing a chicks boob. What Zeke did was waaaaaaaay worse than what Hunt did. 
I thought Zeke was suspended because of allegedly beating up his ex GF and while that process was going on Zeke was dumb and pulled the women’s shirt down...I also think you are insane if you think trying the beat up a women because she is yelling at u is worse then pulling a shirt down. Neither is okay and both Zeke and Hunt are stupid for doing it

What I don’t get is post Ray Rice the league implemented a 6 game suspension policy for DV. Yet rarely have they given guys not named Zeke 6 games. Some guys got a game, some guys got 10 games, some guys got put on the exempt list and then got suspended on top of it. Other guys had things reduced on appeal. Bottom line, the NFL’s policy and stance on DV is at best wildly inconsistent and more accurately an embarrassment to sports fans. IMO, if you are placed on the exempt list and miss six games, you shouldn’t get a suspension beyond that. If a suspension is merited, then give the league back 6 weeks of pay. Once a player sits 6 weeks, he should be able play. Not sure why the NFLPA has not gone bonkers over this. If guys have to miss more than 6 weeks, paid or unpaid, then they need to dump the DV policy and make something else as consistent and enforceable rules. 

What I don’t get is post Ray Rice the league implemented a 6 game suspension policy for DV. Yet rarely have they given guys not named Zeke 6 games. Some guys got a game, some guys got 10 games, some guys got put on the exempt list and then got suspended on top of it. Other guys had things reduced on appeal. Bottom line, the NFL’s policy and stance on DV is at best wildly inconsistent and more accurately an embarrassment to sports fans. IMO, if you are placed on the exempt list and miss six games, you shouldn’t get a suspension beyond that. If a suspension is merited, then give the league back 6 weeks of pay. Once a player sits 6 weeks, he should be able play. Not sure why the NFLPA has not gone bonkers over this. If guys have to miss more than 6 weeks, paid or unpaid, then they need to dump the DV policy and make something else as consistent and enforceable rules. 
The whole "6 game policy" was just a publicity thing -- a desperate attempt to convince the public and the media to stop scrutinizing the league. They had no intention of following through on it.

Hunt will get 6 games only because video exists. We know this because the NFL didn't bother to suspend him in February despite doing a full investigation.

Domestic Violence with no video = 0 games

Domestic Violence with video = 6 games

Johnny Cochran, I thought you died years ago. 

The whole "6 game policy" was just a publicity thing -- a desperate attempt to convince the public and the media to stop scrutinizing the league. They had no intention of following through on it.

Hunt will get 6 games only because video exists. We know this because the NFL didn't bother to suspend him in February despite doing a full investigation.

Zeke.

Zeke.
Goodell was sending a message to Jerry.

DV ?

Were they in a relationship ?

They weren’t a couple of any sort... this wasn’t “domestic” anything.
In February 1999, Biletnikoff's daughter, Tracey, was found strangled to death at age 20 in Redwood City, California.[34] Tracey's boyfriend, Mohammed Haroon Ali, was convicted of first-degree murder in 2012 after admitting he strangled her with a T-shirt at a drug and alcohol treatment center during an argument over whether he had relapsed.[35] He was sentenced to 55 years to life imprisonment. Biletnikoff called Ali an "animal" after the sentencing, and said his hatred for him would never go away.[36] In 2015, Biletnikoff founded Tracey's Place of Hope in Loomis, California, a shelter for domestic violence victims and substance abuse treatment for females ages 14 to 18.[37][38]

Thanks for the advice. Will do. I will also pray that the guys that would take advantage of such mistakes and push and kick women will all end up paying a stiff price like Hunt will. I also pray that guys like you, who love to excuse criminal behavior by placing the blame on the victim, one day develop some morals. 
Nice. I have no morals because I think she should take some responsibility? 

You forgot to accuse me of taking this stance because I have him on my fantasy team. Just a reminder that you missed that one.  

You forgot to accuse me of taking this stance because I have him on my fantasy team. Just a reminder that you missed that one.  
I think the point is more that it shouldn't have to be a "bad situation".  If the consequences for the behavior were more strict and more evenly applied then the "bad situations" wouldn't exist or at least would be much more rare.  You can say that's not how the world works, and I don't necessarily disagree but she shouldn't have to bear any responsibility if society took the hard stance.

I think the point is more that it shouldn't have to be a "bad situation".  If the consequences for the behavior were more strict and more evenly applied then the "bad situations" wouldn't exist or at least would be much more rare.  You can say that's not how the world works, and I don't necessarily disagree but she shouldn't have to bear any responsibility if society took the hard stance.
OK. 

I remember people saying the exact same thing about Mixon. Let me direct you to the Bengals pro shop.

Top Women's Jerseys Sorted by Popularity

Mixon is the second most popular women's player jersey behind AJ Green.

Kareem Hunt will not only be on a team in 2019  but I'd put it at even money that he is claimed off waivers. Rice would still be in the NFL too if he had been 23 instead of knocking on the door of 30.
"Your Name" - is dominating!

Huber in a respectful 19th place.

Wait a sec, they are still selling Russell Bodine jerseys?!?  And he's ahead of Ogbuehi :lmao:

Anyway worthless thoughts on the matter at hand...

This case will be a bigger litmus test than Rice - Rice was basically at journeyman-level status when his incident took place.  It was much much easier for teams to just pass him by because he had fallen off a cliff in terms of level of play.

RB is such a fungible position in the NFL - KC is comfortable enough to have Ware replace him and there won't be much drop off.  It being an RB does make the decision easier for them IMO - not saying they would have done differently if it was a blind-side tackle or dominant pass-rusher but they might have.

Hunt is radioactive right now- but really so was Foster at this point.  Even without videotape the Foster incident happened at the team hotel for crying out loud.  Historically for good or ill talent generally gets 2nd or 3rd chances in the NFL - (see Foster) so I do think someone takes a stab at him at some point - but it's always a bit random how that goes. 

I think we're long past the idea that any of the 32 teams can be held up as some sort of model for behavior regarding players with issues.  ALL of them calculate talent vs risk - results range the full gamut from banishment to building a statue of guy outside the stadium (white suit optional).  Every team has someone like this - with varying degrees of seriousness of offense and varying degrees of scrutiny.

What did KC management know?  People more knowledgeable in the way teams operate than I think they knew and are in CYA mode - they also think that it was surely understood that if something like this came out that he was going straight under the bus.  Hunt is in no position really to say that KC knew all about it - it does nothing to help him get back in.  So KC just says he lies - whether he did lie to KC or not is immaterial.  Saying it was the lying and not the actual behavior gives KC the out to treat Hill one way and Hunt another.

And yep - I sure did grab Ware in all 3 of my leagues at first sign of suspension :bowtie:

-QG

You have no morals because you think because a teenage girl may have made a bad decision it excuses a professional athlete from shoving her and kicking her. Only a true POS would watch that video and come to the conclusion that its the 19 year old girl society needs to worry about.

Apparently the young lady was in the room, Hunt found out that she was underage, threw her out, she banged on his hotel door for thirty minutes and called him the n-word.

A smarter move on his part would have been to call hotel security and have her removed. 

Does that make her entitled? I don't know. But he shouldn't have reacted the way he did.
Since when is 19 years old underage?  If that is the story then something doesn't add up.

You have no morals because you think because a teenage girl may have made a bad decision it excuses a professional athlete from shoving her and kicking her. Only a true POS would watch that video and come to the conclusion that its the 19 year old girl society needs to worry about.
Way to take it out of context. Nice work. 

Hate to use board cliches, but you have a severe reading comprehension issue. 

He didn’t say either of those things.

DV ?

Were they in a relationship ?
Why play semantics?  The NFL policy (although a part of the personal conduct policy) is commonly referred to as the domestic abuse policy, but it covers this issue (it specifically references “acts of violence”).  Why pollute the thread by asking “were they in a relationship?”  It serves NO purpose.

With regards to your question about the 6 games and the comm. exempt list vs actual suspension, this link shows that the commissioner exempt list and the suspension (if meted out) are considered 2 separate steps in the process.  The player is placed on the exempt list while the NFL or/and law enforcement are investigating.  If found guilty or the NFL determines the policy was violated, THEN the suspension may be handed out.

Users who are viewing this thread