What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (4 Viewers)

Checks in at 11 in mine.  Standard scoring.
11 for me as well, pretty standard.  Now tied with Rivers at 11 who has an extra game played. Good matchup this weekend, but then at 49ers and then his bye, so this will likely drop over the next 3 weeks when QBs just behind him who've had their bye get that extra game back on him (Winston, Wentz, Goff).

For whatever it's worth, going into last week's games - Jacoby Brissett averaged about 2 PPG more than him, and I got him off waivers for free in my dynasty league. 

Forgive me if this has been mentioned in here but he's newly acquired for this week only and has anyone noticed he hasn't thrown a road TD yet?  :unsure:

TB should cure that but we are talking 4 games. Yikes

Not knocking him, I have him and start him every week.

But he hasn’t had his bye yet, that skews his ranking
11th in pog in mine as well, though 0.06ppg behind #9 and #10 so he's essentially tied for 9th.

It's kind of funny but most of the top QBs haven't had their bye yet. 2 of the 3 guys that jumped him from raw scoring to ppg were guys who had missed time to injury (Mahomes and Ryan). 

10 overall and average points in our league, standard w/penalties for INTs/FUM and 2 pts bonus for 40 yard + scoring plays.

The Maturation Of Kyler Murray

Kyler Murray made some dynamic plays over the first month of the season, but also had his fair share of rookie mistakes.

The Cardinals’ signal-caller averaged an interception per game over the first four and took 20 sacks during an 0-3-1 start.

While many rookie quarterbacks deal with that roller coaster of inconsistency for years, Murray has been on an impressive ride ever since. In the past five games, Murray has three wins, zero turnovers and a passer rating of 101.2 while averaging 5.3 yards per carry...

...The Cardinals may only be 3-5-1 on the season, but they are coming off a game in which they pushed the undefeated 49ers to the wire.

Murray finished with a career-high passer rating of 130.7 against arguably the best defense in the NFL, rallying the team by completing 10-of-11 passes for 195 yards and two touchdowns after intermission.

“He continues on a steady climb, even against some very good teams,” Kingsbury said. “There will be some bumps in the road. We know that. But he’s putting in the work and I think it’s showing on Sundays.”
Go to the link for the full read with graph showing split for first four games and last four games.

11 for me as well, pretty standard.  Now tied with Rivers at 11 who has an extra game played. Good matchup this weekend, but then at 49ers and then his bye, so this will likely drop over the next 3 weeks when QBs just behind him who've had their bye get that extra game back on him (Winston, Wentz, Goff).

For whatever it's worth, going into last week's games - Jacoby Brissett averaged about 2 PPG more than him, and I got him off waivers for free in my dynasty league. 
Hes 13 in my 6pt, no negative points league. Up from 18 after 2 bad weeks

8 in another league

Last edited by a moderator:
Do wut now?
you continue to come in here for the sole purpose to say I told you so after a tough week (but are noticeably absent after a good week). calling posters out by name, acting as if you were right about this guy. 

It's clear you own him in 0% of your leagues, you come in here for the sole purpose of trolling. I would think the mods would be a little more on top of it as they are with other posters in other threads, but I guess not. Regardless, you have offered nothing to the discussion except to say I told you so, when in fact you've been wrong. take your trolling elsewhere. it's not a good look for you

you continue to come in here for the sole purpose to say I told you so after a tough week (but are noticeably absent after a good week). calling posters out by name, acting as if you were right about this guy. 

It's clear you own him in 0% of your leagues, you come in here for the sole purpose of trolling. I would think the mods would be a little more on top of it as they are with other posters in other threads, but I guess not. Regardless, you have offered nothing to the discussion except to say I told you so, when in fact you've been wrong. take your trolling elsewhere. it's not a good look for you
It would probably be best if you went back and read my posts again.     And no I am not wrong about Murray.   He is not a top 5 qb this year and he is not going to shatter rookie records.     But like I said man keep starting if you think he is.   He has 1 30 point game this season and is struggling with red zone production.    He is ranked 11 before his bye and after a few injuries to some top players.    Why the insistence that he is some generational talent that is going rival Mahommes is just bizarre.   He is a decent qb on a bad team with a bad oline in a system that nobody knows if it will work in the nfl.    He is not going to be a top 5 fantasy about this year.   I doubt he breaks top 10.   

Somewhere in between is the truth. It's really not worth reading the hyperbole. He's around QB10 or 11, barely a starter in standard leagues.

That's about it. 

It would probably be best if you went back and read my posts again.     And no I am not wrong about Murray.   He is not a top 5 qb this year and he is not going to shatter rookie records.     But like I said man keep starting if you think he is.   He has 1 30 point game this season and is struggling with red zone production.    He is ranked 11 before his bye and after a few injuries to some top players.    Why the insistence that he is some generational talent that is going rival Mahommes is just bizarre.   He is a decent qb on a bad team with a bad oline in a system that nobody knows if it will work in the nfl.    He is not going to be a top 5 fantasy about this year.   I doubt he breaks top 10.   
glad you got that all out of your system. Hopefully that means you have nothing left to say rest of season 

Kyler Murray completed 27-of-44 passes for 324 yards, three touchdowns and an interception in the Cardinals' 30-27, Week 10 loss to the Bucs, adding three rushes for 38 additional yards.

It was arguably Murray's best start of the season, though a few critical mistakes kept it from being perfect. Murray's fourth quarter pick was a bad decision, though it might have merely been an incompletion had Trent Sherfield not fallen down. Murray and coach Kliff Kingsbury then combined for painfully bad clock management on the Cards' final drive. Before that, Murray heated up his connection with Christian Kirk for 6/138/3. TD1 was a 33-yard laser in stride. TD2 was a 69-yard pass down the sideline once again delivered in stride. No. 3 tipped off a linebacker's fingers. Coming off easily his best two-game stretch of the year, Murray gets a Week 11 rematch with the daunting 49ers.

Both of you drop it.

One last time. If what you've typed is about another poster, do not send. It's not difficult. 

Running way low on patience with this. 

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Living in AZ I get to watch the Cardinals a lot.  When they drafted a 5'10" QB with the first pick I thought they were nuts.  Now I'm not so sure.  The next Mahomes?  Likely not.  But a franchise QB that can win big games if surrounded by some talent?  Yeah I think they got that.  And that is valuable.  It sure does make watching AZ interesting again.

This guy is QB7 for total points in one of my leagues (less than 8 points from being qb5), and QB11 in average fp/g 

He's in the same ball park as Aaron Rodgers this year. As a rookie! 

The future is very bright for him. My only regret is not owning him everywhere (but that would have taken drafting him top 3 in the rookie draft for my other two dynasties!)

His ROS after this week is looking pretty nice- PIT is the only one I'm really worried about

Johnny B. Goode said:
This guy is QB7 for total points in one of my leagues (less than 8 points from being qb5), and QB11 in average fp/g 

He's in the same ball park as Aaron Rodgers this year. As a rookie! 

The future is very bright for him. My only regret is not owning him everywhere (but that would have taken drafting him top 3 in the rookie draft for my other two dynasties!)

His ROS after this week is looking pretty nice- PIT is the only one I'm really worried about
There is zero chance Murray is a top 3 QB this season, but the fact that he is a top 12 QB as a rook is outstanding. 

He has been quite good, especially when you consider his OL is pretty bad and his coach is learning the NFL right along side him. 

Top 5 is still totally realistic after 10 weeks, but I'm just happy he's a hit

And...to be that wet blanket.

He still sees the bench even in Superflex this weekend for me. Even when I'm starting Darnold over him. I don't see a ninety or so yard repeat of Isabella's catch happening Sunday, though I'd like it to. 

Still mulling this.

And...to be that wet blanket.

He still sees the bench even in Superflex this weekend for me. Even when I'm starting Darnold over him. I don't see a ninety or so yard repeat of Isabella's catch happening Sunday, though I'd like it to. 

Still mulling this.
I may bench in favor of Goff at.home- Goff is much better at home... and do we expect Murray to have a great game against SF again? 

I may bench in favor of Goff at.home- Goff is much better at home... and do we expect Murray to have a great game against SF again? 
I don't, and I'm not as high on him as you, but he's steadily becoming match-up proof before one's eyes. He won't get there this year, but probably half of the way next year he's in your lineup regardless of match-up. He looked great throwing the ball with accuracy and touch this weekend. I mean, teams light up Tampa, but he was throwing the ball right on the money. Dimes, as it were.

I don't, and I'm not as high on him as you, but he's steadily becoming match-up proof before one's eyes. He won't get there this year, but probably half of the way next year he's in your lineup regardless of match-up. He looked great throwing the ball with accuracy and touch this weekend. I mean, teams light up Tampa, but he was throwing the ball right on the money. Dimes, as it were.
The link Faust posted above made a good point that he just looks natural throwing the ball. It's fun watching him, and his mechanics and passes are beautiful. 

I agree, hes almost there. I dont expect another gem. Against SF he did not have a good first half. The only reason I am considering it is that SF looks all kinds of off kilter (mostly with Kittle out) and AZ could very well win that game. 

Top 5 QB next season? 
I think so. He’s casually going to throw for 4,000 yards and run for another 500 as a rookie behind a bad offensive line. The TD regression will come, if it’s not here already, with 5 of his 12 TDs coming in the last 2 games. I genuinely don’t understand how anyone can be anything but sold on him. 

Jackson runs in between the tackles though. Murray can't take the punishment in there. He'll get killed. Jackson is a much better QB in his system right now.
True, but also 2 completely different systems. I just think Murray has more opportunity to grow. As that team improves, the TDs will come, and I think he has higher upside than Jackson. I actually think Jackson may regress a bit

I think so. He’s casually going to throw for 4,000 yards and run for another 500 as a rookie behind a bad offensive line. The TD regression will come, if it’s not here already, with 5 of his 12 TDs coming in the last 2 games. I genuinely don’t understand how anyone can be anything but sold on him. 
absolutely. especially when you consider the bolded. The only reason he isnt top 3 right now is because his TD totals are low. TDs will come.

I'm trying to choose between Kyler and Wentz......I love Kylers upside, but the niner D is nasty......for now I'm sticking with Wentz vs. Pats, basically because he's at home, but I'm not feeling good about it......also, Im kind of feeling late garbage time points from Kyler.....the niner defensive front though......dammit!

I'm trying to choose between Kyler and Wentz......I love Kylers upside, but the niner D is nasty......for now I'm sticking with Wentz vs. Pats, basically because he's at home, but I'm not feeling good about it......also, Im kind of feeling late garbage time points from Kyler.....the niner defensive front though......dammit!
have the same choice to make

Kyler Murray completed 24-of-33 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' 36-26, Week 11 loss to the 49ers, adding 67 rushing yards and a third touchdown as a runner.

Murray averaged a horrendous 4.5 yards per attempt and took four sacks. Arizona jumped out to a 16-0 lead but quickly blew it. Murray's first score went to Larry Fitzgerald, and the second was to Pharoh Cooper. Murray later put the Cardinals back on top 26-23 with his 22-yard touchdown scamper. This offense was just too conservative yet again, as they tried to dink and dunk against the Niners. Murray and the Cardinals get a bye before going on the road to face the Rams in Week 13.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:38 PM ET

I played D Watson.  Hey, who wouldn't?  And next week I might STILL start Watson over Murray.  But now matchup matters too.

Aaron Schatz  🏈‏Verified account @FO_ASchatz

Arizona has now moved up to No. 9 in offensive DVOA after being one of the worst offenses in league history last season. Remarkable.

7:59 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Users who are viewing this thread