What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (6 Viewers)

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1083169537263054849

this didn't age well

Oh man, once Trump gets his wall he better hope no one shows Mexico this old video we found.
It’s like the video of him talking about his border wall and how nobody would be able to get to the top of it, then thinking out loud realizes there are ladders. He then adds that even if they get to the top there is no way to get down, but thinking out loud again realizes there are ropes

That is a very strange way to look at it. Most elections have not been close so saying its 46/58 is misleading. Some might even call it a .... wait for it.... falsehood. 

77 electoral points is not close. 
Well if it’s in the “failing” NYT and it’s about Trump it HAS to be true.  

That is a very strange way to look at it. Most elections have not been close so saying its 46/58 is misleading. Some might even call it a .... wait for it.... falsehood. 

77 electoral points is not close. 
misleading? The facts are There have been 45 presidential elections in which the winning candidate won a larger share of the electoral vote.

misleading? The facts are There have been 45 presidential elections in which the winning candidate won a larger share of the electoral vote.
There was nothing historic about it or a landslide.  Other than we elected the least qualified person ever and the one most ignorant of nearly every issue he faces.

Look at the table. Just about every election is not close. Just because there have been many elections that were more of a landslide than 2016 does not say much about how close 2016 was. 

If Duke played Grambling State 58 times, I bet the 46th largest point differential would still be a blowout. 
This makes zero sense.  

After everything that has happened over the last couple of years, I can't believe you guys are getting caught up in arguing the margin of the electoral college with these dolts. It doesn't matter if he pitched a shutout. The guy is an incompetent boob whose only accomplishment was getting a tax cut passed with his party in control of Congress, and he even found a way to make that harder than it should have been.

There was nothing historic about it or a landslide.  Other than we elected the least qualified person ever and the one most ignorant of nearly every issue he faces.
Provide links to all Presidential IQs or this is just another blatant falsehood.   

Also, I think there is a Schoolhouse Rock on the proper use of prepositions. Check it out.  

Provide links to all Presidential IQs or this is just another blatant falsehood.   

Also, I think there is a Schoolhouse Rock on the proper use of prepositions. Check it out.  
Where did I say IQ?  You really should learn that words have meaning.  However if you’d like to knownissues he is ignorant of?

-tarrifs (he thinks China pays us)

-immigration...he thinks thousands of terrorists come over our southern border

I can go on as well...and you probably shouldn’t be talking about people’s knowledge or grammar...it’s a weak trolling attempt to bash me.  Also laughable given Trump types and spells worse than I do..but I’m not the President so it’s a bit less embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
With his decisive victory and majorities in Senate and House how did he not get the wall funding?
He prioritized defeating ISIS, getting Americans back to work, denuclearization of N. Korea, tax reform, strengthening our SC, trying to get us out of failed Obamacare,  getting us out of terrible deals like Iran, climate, and NAFTA, draining the swamp of fat cat partisan political hacks in high ranking intelligence positions over the wall. He accomplished all this while having to deal with this baseless snipe hunt about Russia. 

The wall is the bow on the package to America from the most active presidency in generations.  

I missed this little gem. No wall. Do NOT give in to these racist SOB's. HOLD THE LINE.

CBS News‏Verified account @CBSNews

FollowFollow @CBSNews

More

Donald Trump Jr. says border wall is like a zoo fence protecting you from animals https://cbsn.ws/2D0FZUZ
Forget who it wa but one of the major right wing radio hosts said California’s humane treatment of immigrants are the equivalent of sugar to ants and that we need to stop attracting them and employ measures to get rid of the ants. It implied extermination to me, and I found it disgusting. 

I can’t make it much simpler. If I give you a list of 58 landslides, the 46th greatest landslide, although far down the list, would still be a landslide. 
:mellow:

There have been 58 landslides in US Presidential history?

Can you give us a listing of all 58 and where Trump 2016 fits in this group?

Nope. You’re trying to use a statistic that is misleading in trying to prove that 2016 was close. 

304-227 is not close. 
It actually is close and closer than like 45 other elections.  It is, by no measure, historic or a landslide in an election.

Thats the point...it’s ok to admit it was a false claim bun trump repeated by posters here who like to play fast and loose with the facts.

There have been 58 landslides in US Presidential history?

Can you give us a listing of all 58 and where Trump 2016 fits in this group?
Look at the table on the wiki site. Not all 58, but so many have been blowouts that using 46/58 as your argument is misleading. 

Where did I say IQ?  You really should learn that words have meaning.  However if you’d like to knownissues he is ignorant of?

-tarrifs (he thinks China pays us)

-immigration...he thinks thousands of terrorists come over our southern border

I can go on as well...and you probably shouldn’t be talking about people’s knowledge or grammar...it’s a weak trolling attempt to bash me.  Also laughable given Trump types and spells worse than I do..but I’m not the President so it’s a bit less embarrassing.
So nothing factual to support your claim about Trump being “least qualified” and “most ignorant?”

i know facts are important to you as you call out blatant falsehoods and lies.....

Here’s another way of putting it. The vote was 304-227. 

Divide both by four and you proportionally end up with a typical college basketball score, 76-56 aka a blowout. 

Look at the table on the wiki site. Not all 58, but so many have been blowouts that using 46/58 as your argument is misleading. 

Wait, you were the one who first brought up the 46/58 argument.

14 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

I can’t make it much simpler. If I give you a list of 58 landslides, the 46th greatest landslide, although far down the list, would still be a landslide. 

I will say he did make history by being one of only 5 presidents to be elected after losing the popular vote. 
Republicans haven't won the White House with the popular vote since George H.W. Bush in 1988.

George W. Bush won the popular vote in his re-election, but not his first term.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread