What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (3 Viewers)

Being an advisor to Trump would be a dream job.  
Congratulations! You're one of the 50 million or so Americans he has to pretend to care about so he won't get impeached, so you effectively are an advisor to Trump. Call 202-224-3121 and tell your Senator or congressperson that you think Trump should accept >$1 billion for fencing and drones in exchange for re-opening the government.

Being an advisor to Trump would be a dream job.  
Congratulations! You're one of the 50 million or so Americans he has to pretend to care about so he won't get impeached, so you effectively are an advisor to Trump. Call 202-224-3121 and tell your Senator or congressperson that you think Trump should accept <$1 billion for fencing and drones in exchange for re-opening the government.

coward...

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

#BREAKING: McConnell blocks House-passed funding bills to reopen government http://hill.cm/A98K5IH
He should be hammered.  Every democrat should be in every show callingbfor McConnel to bring forward the legislation he voted for prior to Christmas.  There should be no other talking point except this.

good move...not sure who came up with that brilliant idea to begin with...

CNN‏Verified account @CNN

The US Coast Guard took down a tip sheet suggesting thousands of furloughed employees supplement their income by having garage sales, baby-sitting and becoming a "mystery shopper." https://cnn.it/2FlsDnw

It's like in Independence Day when the President has to get in a fighter jet to battle the aliens. 
"Today we celebrate.... our Schnifddibendus tie!"

*sniff, sniff*

[Fox News immediately reports that the President did not slur his words and does not have dentures]

Dude. How many times have you been given links about bipartisan deals that were there that Trump screwed up?  
they all have to agree - they all have to sign right ?  Right now, if 5 billion were added for a wall, how many Democrats and Republicans would vote YES and only Schumer and Pelosi leading the charge of NO ?

That knife cuts both ways

I found this gem on if border security works or not 

https://www.rt.com/news/403738-hungary-border-fence-migrants/?fbclid=IwAR1aSq4QXF5nhJsLJGhsPp1-OTEZw7u1Gw3MPoTp8R2D2dqtZSgDxRPe_08

they all have to agree - they all have to sign right ?  Right now, if 5 billion were added for a wall, how many Democrats and Republicans would vote YES and only Schumer and Pelosi leading the charge of NO ?

https://www.rt.com/news/403738-hungary-border-fence-migrants/?fbclid=IwAR1aSq4QXF5nhJsLJGhsPp1-OTEZw7u1Gw3MPoTp8R2D2dqtZSgDxRPe_08
Did you read that article?  You might want to read that article.

(Also, just FYI, "RT.com" is a Russian government organization.)

Last edited by a moderator:

:shrug:

"We do support border management measures at the external borders. This can be surveillance measures. It can be border control equipment... But fences, we do not finance," the European Commission spokesman Alexander Winterstein said, commenting on the issue.

Now the guy with no leverage who only needs the money because he utterly failed to accomplish his central campaign promise and who is proposing a project that a wide majority of Americans don't want and who has already admitted that he bears total responsibility for the shutdown comes to his senses and finally governs as if he is the President of the United States instead of the president of the red states. 

But that only happens if the minority of Americans who still support both him and his preposterous wall idea (i.e. you) do the same.
Democrats have long talked about borders and walls being a GOOD THING

Why now the change ? You and I both know why - votes. Trump? he's been consistent on border security .... why? votes

:shrug:

"We do support border management measures at the external borders. This can be surveillance measures. It can be border control equipment... But fences, we do not finance," the European Commission spokesman Alexander Winterstein said, commenting on the issue.
cherry picked didn't you ?

Hungary has claimed that its fences on the borders with Croatia and Serbia have helped to cut the inflow of migrants by 99.7 percent since 2015. The small inland nation now has one quarter of the length of its borders protected by a fence.

“The number of successful attempts to illegally cross the border fell from 391,000 in 2015 to 18,236 in 2016 and only 1,184 in 2017,” the Hungarian prime minister’s chief security advisor, Gyorgy Bakondi, told reporters at a press conference marking the second anniversary of the closure of the Hungarian-Serbian border on September 15.

cherry picked didn't you ?

Hungary has claimed that its fences on the borders with Croatia and Serbia have helped to cut the inflow of migrants by 99.7 percent since 2015. The small inland nation now has one quarter of the length of its borders protected by a fence.

“The number of successful attempts to illegally cross the border fell from 391,000 in 2015 to 18,236 in 2016 and only 1,184 in 2017,” the Hungarian prime minister’s chief security advisor, Gyorgy Bakondi, told reporters at a press conference marking the second anniversary of the closure of the Hungarian-Serbian border on September 15.
The further refugee and migrant inflow to Europe was reduced by the closure of the Balkan Route that was facilitated by the Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, and Macedonia that agreed to let in only those refugees, who had credible ID papers and wanted to apply for asylum in one of those countries in March 2016.

Around the same time, the EU reached a deal with Turkey that agreed to halt the migrant flow into Europe in exchange for funding. However, the Hungarian politicians still stress the importance of the border fence in dealing with the refugee crisis and “protecting” Hungary and Europe.

Did SHE take an oath to protect the American citizens?
Presidential Oath: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

House of Representatives Oath: “I, [], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” 

The best part of this is that even in this "plan" there is no mention of NAFTA part 2 paying for the wall like @butcher boy and others have been claiming was the plan all along :lol:  
Bit of a correction here or maybe a correction on my previous wording if I was unclear.  I've never believed or intended to imply that USMCA specifically mentions the wall in its language.  What I've meant is that any additional revenue obtained as a result of its implementation can be applied to the wall as an indirect way of paying for it, even in the future.  Similar to how having a wall and not having to assume the financial burden of illegal immigrants pouring in will result in savings that end up paying for it as well.  

Presidential Oath: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

House of Representatives Oath: “I, [], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” 
Well there you go. 

You know rt stands for Russia Today? 
Or that Hungary is currently under the control of a right wing authoritarian who is making the country so awful that people are actually fleeing in massive numbers. One thing about immigration- it does tend to go down when you mismanage your country to the point that like 10% of the people who are already there want to GTFO ASAP.

I'm not sure make a worse argument than "we should be more like Hungary, according to this article from Russia Today."

Bit of a correction here or maybe a correction on my previous wording if I was unclear.  I've never believed or intended to imply that USMCA specifically mentions the wall in its language.  What I've meant is that any additional revenue obtained as a result of its implementation can be applied to the wall as an indirect way of paying for it, even in the future.  Similar to how having a wall and not having to assume the financial burden of illegal immigrants pouring in will result in savings that end up paying for it as well.  
Where will the additional savings come from in the USMCA over NAFTA? 

I'm gonna be laughing at "we should be more like the openly bigoted authoritarians who suck so much they're driving their own citizens to leave the country in massive numbers" all day.
But if we were, we'd get a pat on the back from a Russian government "news" source.  I can think of one person in this country who would do almost anything for that.

So you give human traffickers and drug traffickers, and other bad hombres a free pass.  Sad.  
Why do you try to put words in people's mouths and just (I won't say falsehood) flat out lie?

Nobody, other than tim at times, is advocating open boarders and free passes.

Drugs...is overblown when it comes to the wall...that fact again has been pointed out to you as far as how drugs come into this country...stop ignoring basic facts.

And you still didn't answer my question...what threat to the constitution are those coming to our border?

Chris Murphy‏Verified account @ChrisMurphyCT

McConnell just said it’s not worth voting on anything because Senate Republicans won’t vote for a bill the President doesn’t support, as if the veto override somehow got stripped out of the Constitution.

7:47 AM - 10 Jan 2019

Chris Murphy‏Verified account @ChrisMurphyCT

McConnell just said it’s not worth voting on anything because Senate Republicans won’t vote for a bill the President doesn’t support, as if the veto override somehow got stripped out of the Constitution.

7:47 AM - 10 Jan 2019
Mitch needs to have a talk with Mr. Khan. Maybe he needs to borrow that pocket version of the Constitution.  Either that, he recognizes that we're now a dictatorship.

Users who are viewing this thread