What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (7 Viewers)

“The former Oregon quarterback had a maximum initial throwing speed of 65.8 miles per hour, second only to Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts (66.1 mph), and a maximum initial rotation of 740 rpm and average initial rotation of 518 rpm, behind only Utah State’s Jordan Love (747 and 546, respectively), according to Zebra Technologies. The higher the rate of rotation, the tighter a ball spirals and is delivered accurately, especially in adverse weather conditions.”

@ZWK

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
“Fastest DBs in @seniorbowl practice per @JPSTATS -- 1) Dane Jackson (PITT) 20.98 MPH; 2) Lamar Jackson (NEB) 20.84; 3) Jared Mayden (ALA) 20.74; 4) Troy Pride Jr. (ND) 20.46. BTW - 6th-fastest WR from last Tweet was Kalija Lipscomb (VAN) 19.72 MPH”

“Per @JPSTATS of @ZebraTechnology fastest WRs at @seniorbowl practices - 1) Van Jefferson (UF) 21.05 MPH, 2) Antonio Gandy-Golden (Liberty) 20.05; 3) Austin Mack (Ohio St) 19.98; 4) Chase Claypool (ND) 19.94; 5) Devin Duvernay (Texas) 19.93. BTW: 7) Michael Pittman Jr. (USC) 19.58”

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
Has anyone been brave enough to make the Love to Mahomes comparison and stamp their name on it? I find it atrocious. Love was absolutely terrible against Michigan State and LSU. Mahomes threw for over 500yds four times his last season and almost a fifth time. I was asleep at the wheel on that one. Jordan Love is no Patrick Mahomes and Mahomes is going to make him a wealthy man for what some team wants vs reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
An unnamed scout told ESPN writers at last week's Reese's Senior Bowl that FAU TE Harrison Bryant has the potential to be "George Kittle 2.0" at the next level.

Bryant (6'4/242) may not be a high-profile draft prospect in the eyes of those who focus on the players from power conference programs, but his name is well-known among NFL scouts. And one believes that he could potentially have an impact in the NFL similar to that of Kittle, the 49ers standout. "You can spread him out. He's good at route running, pass catching and blocking," the scout, who was also complimentary of Bryant's ability as a blocker, told ESPN writers. "Put him in the right situation and he can be explosive. He's really polished." Bryant caught 65 passes for 1,004 yards and seven touchdowns in 2019 for the Conference USA champion Owls. He's projected to be a Day 2 selection in this spring's draft.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Jan 28, 2020, 4:31 PM ET

Navy QB Malcom Perry drew praise from Pro Football Network analyst Tony Pauline for his performance in the East/West Shrine Game.

Perry (5'9/180) played QB at Navy but was requested by NFL personnel to play WR in the Shrine Game to see how he handles the transition from QB to slot receiver. The move makes sense as he is ill-suited to be a quarterback at the next level, but is a gifted runner who rushed for a 2,017 yards this season, which is a single-season FBS record for rushing yards by a quarterback. Perry only received one carry in the Shrine Game, but he make it count, taking his lone tote 52-yards for a touchdown. Tony Pauline was bullish on Perry's performance, saying 'Perry looks real good in WR drills. Running sharp routes and doing a great job of extending to snatch the ball away from his frame. Soft Hands.' Perry still faces an uphill climb to be drafted but he's at least on the NFL radar now.

SOURCE: Capital Gazette

Jan 28, 2020, 11:29 AM ET

The Athletic's Dane Brugler passes along that Florida WR Van Jefferson was receiving third-round buzz from scouts by the end of the Reese's Senior Bowl practice week.

Brugler notes that he had mostly been hearing four and fifth round chattering around Jefferson prior to his stint in Mobile. Peeps are singing a slightly different tune, now, it would appear. Writes the evaluator, "Scouts knew he held a master’s degree in route running coming in, but seeing his effectiveness versus talented corners during practice amplified his strengths."

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jan 29, 2020, 2:22 PM ET

The Athletic's Dane Brugler writes that it would be "surprising" if FAU TE Harrison Bryant is still on the board by the end of Day 2 in April.

Brugler enjoyed the whole of Bryant's show in Mobile during the Reese's Senior Bowl practice week and was particularly enamored with the 6-foot-5, 242-pounder's work as a blocker. Notes the analyst, "He dropped his hips, used his hands to strike and didn’t allow defenders to get past him — Alabama’s Terrell Lewis tried to use his length to overpower the point of attack, but Bryant wasn’t fazed on this one-on-one rep." Brugler is bullish, but doesn't take the cake for bullishness on Bryant. That cake winner would be an anonymous scout who told ESPN that Bryant could potentially turn into "George Kittle 2.0" once he hits the pros. Easy now, hyperbole machine. Easy now.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jan 29, 2020, 4:53 PM ET

I had to do a triple take to make sure this factoid is correct but Van Jefferson has 1, 100 yard game. It was also the last game he ever played in college. How can anyone justify a 3rd round pick in real life on him?

I'm so disappointed.  Overall I had an initial top10 RB's of what looked to be amazing.  All of them either better or roughly the same as Josh Jacobs as a prospect. 

Now? 

5 of my current top10 have chosen to stay in school.  1 of them being a personal favorite which is a big blow to my heart that I could of gotten him in late 2nd when I have an late 1st value on him.  I'll have to wait another year for Elijah Mitchell on that one.  But what a blow that 5 of them are not coming out.  

Dynasty 2020 rookie mock poll 1-24:

Twitter: @FF_TravisM.  #2020RookiePollMock

Podcast: Dynasty Command Center

ESPN's Todd McShay writes that Oregon QB Justin Herbert's "huge arm and good mobility" remind him by degrees of Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen.

"There's a whole lot of ability there, but Herbert needs to iron out some decision-making issues," McShay explains. "Establishing consistency in his game was a real problem this season, and the more tape I watch, the more it concerns me." The 6-foot-6, 237-pound Herbert is not a perfect prospect, but showed out well during the Senior Bowl practice week, ultimately winning game MVP last Saturday. McShay currently ranks Herbert as his No. 14 prospect for April's draft.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Jan 30, 2020, 5:34 PM ET

Out of curiosity I’ve been looking back through some prospects 247 profiles. I think Peoples-Jones is going to go a lot higher than maybe I’m anticipating right now. Seems scouts put an emphasis on high school recruitment ranking (which I think is dumb but...). He’s also going to be a physical freak at the combine.

I also was kind of looking at Kirk Merritt not knowing he was recruited to Oregon as a RB before his later success as a WR with Arkansas St. Apparently he won a high school SPARQ contest at 148.83 which, if the same formula, would be second to Miles Boykin last year.

Out of curiosity I’ve been looking back through some prospects 247 profiles. I think Peoples-Jones is going to go a lot higher than maybe I’m anticipating right now. Seems scouts put an emphasis on high school recruitment ranking (which I think is dumb but...). He’s also going to be a physical freak at the combine.

I also was kind of looking at Kirk Merritt not knowing he was recruited to Oregon as a RB before his later success as a WR with Arkansas St. Apparently he won a high school SPARQ contest at 148.83 which, if the same formula, would be second to Miles Boykin last year.
Kirk Merritt has some electricity to his game. If you’re looking for a super cheap version of Henry Ruggs/MeCole Hardman/poor man’s Reek Hill this kid could be it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fedbJp1ejiw&t=42s

Iceman03 said:

Thats really dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread