What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (7 Viewers)

Biden is now invading our airwaves with military themed ads.  So far it's been a very clear and deliberate message of healthcare, social security, coronavirus and now military respect.  I think the best ad however is still the one with all of Trump's nonsense about coronovirus voicing over the chart of ever growing cases...and now Florida is basically removing all restrictions from businesses from a state level.  I just don't see how he wiggles out of this one.

That said we DO have a daily Trump rally at a very congested intersection in my town and my wife said on Friday there was actually a parade going on around the loop :lmao:

It's a pretty interesting sight to see and I'm pretty confident that all the people there who have the flag hung in disrespectful ways, dragging them behind their trucks, plastered all over their clothes etc are the same people pissed at Kaep for kneeling and "disrespecting" the flag.  I don't know what's going to happen in this state, but I can tell you for sure my little hillbilly town is all in on the Trumpmister...and judging by age, most of them are going to be screwed by his medicare policy at minimum.  
I live in the suburbs of Tampa and had a Trumper post on my Neighborhood site a cute joke about how Amish don't get Covid because they don't watch TV.  He was met with about 20 'WTFs' before the post was deleted.  There's still sanity in the Florida suburbs. 

As far as the ads, I think the Republicans against Trump ads have been more impactful than Biden's own stuff.  I thought Trump's ad about Biden wanting to shut down the economy was pretty effective even if it's not true.  He's going to run on the economy and Biden needs to step up his game in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Joe Biden's wife is supposed to go into a substantive analytic reply from a throw away question about her husbands gaffes?

What could she have said that would have A) satisfied you and B) protected her husband?   
Literally anything positive about her husband's mental acuity would have sufficed.

So Joe Biden's wife is supposed to go into a substantive analytic reply from a throw away question about her husbands gaffes?

What could she have said that would have A) satisfied you and B) protected her husband?   
Literally anything positive about her husband's mental acuity would have sufficed.
Tapper didn't reference Joe's mental acuity, so it would have been inappropriate for Jill to bring it up.

When someone says that your husband makes gaffes, the reply doesn't need to be any more substantive than, "That is correct."

From CNN:

Jake Tapper: "Your husband has been known to make the occasional gaffe."

Dr. Jill Biden: "You can't even go there. After Donald Trump you cannot even say the word gaffe."

:lol:
After asking if “we can inject disinfectant” I think that was the one that took the cake. And cemented just how big of a moron he is.

Tapper didn't reference Joe's mental acuity,
Ok, help me out here. Was there a series of Biden gaffes I missed where he didn't sound like a person experiencing cognitive decline?
Yeah, pretty much his whole life. Have you not paid attention? Biden has been a frequent supplier of gaffes in the George W. Bush mold over the years.

A verbal gaffe is not a definitive sign of mental ineptitude.

Biden campaign: "If the president thinks his best case is made in urine he can have at it. We'd expect nothing less from Donald Trump, who pissed away the chance to protect the lives of 200K Americans when he didn't make a plan to stop COVID-19."

Captain Cranks said:
I live in the suburbs of Tampa and had a Trumper post on my Neighborhood site a cute joke about how Amish don't get Covid because they don't watch TV.  He was met with about 20 'WTFs' before the post was deleted.  There's still sanity in the Florida suburbs. 

As far as the ads, I think the Republicans against Trump ads have been more impactful than Biden's own stuff.  I thought Trump's ad about Biden wanting to shut down the economy was pretty effective even if it's not true.  He's going to run on the economy and Biden needs to step up his game in that regard.
That the clip of of him saying "I'd shut it down"?  Saw that...and saw the interview where the question was "If the CDC recommended to shut things down, would you?"  

ETA:  It's very interesting to hear from other areas of the state to hear what ads they are exposed to.  It's pretty rural here (even though we aren't 30 minutes from Orlando).  Very small townish with multiple small towns somewhat close to each other.  It's been all in on Social Security (we are sort of near The Villages), Covid and "bring the country together" type stuff until the new military ads.  Not a ton from Republicans against Trump....I'm not sure most around here would even know who the different groups are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinn Fein said:
Biden campaign: "If the president thinks his best case is made in urine he can have at it. We'd expect nothing less from Donald Trump, who pissed away the chance to protect the lives of 200K Americans when he didn't make a plan to stop COVID-19."
He also pissed away an inheritance because he’s a serial failure.

That the clip of of him saying "I'd shut it down"?  Saw that...and saw the interview where the question was "If the CDC recommended to shut things down, would you?"  

ETA:  It's very interesting to hear from other areas of the state to hear what ads they are exposed to.  It's pretty rural here (even though we aren't 30 minutes from Orlando).  Very small townish with multiple small towns somewhat close to each other.  It's been all in on Social Security (we are sort of near The Villages), Covid and "bring the country together" type stuff until the new military ads.  Not a ton from Republicans against Trump....I'm not sure most around here would even know who the different groups are.
Yep.  I figured the Biden clip was taken out of context, but the ad effectively triggers fear that Biden would move us in the wrong direction economically.  

Yep.  I figured the Biden clip was taken out of context, but the ad effectively triggers fear that Biden would move us in the wrong direction economically.  
Which is bizarre in and of itself to anyone paying attention.  The "greatest economy ever" is essentially a continuation of what started being built at the beginning of Obama's second term.  Yeah, Trump spent himself into a continuation of that path and is costing use trillions of dollars in the future, but it's pretty clear that's his MO....it's all smoke and mirrors.  That shouldn't be in dispute at this point.

Which is bizarre in and of itself to anyone paying attention.  The "greatest economy ever" is essentially a continuation of what started being built at the beginning of Obama's second term.  Yeah, Trump spent himself into a continuation of that path and is costing use trillions of dollars in the future, but it's pretty clear that's his MO....it's all smoke and mirrors.  That shouldn't be in dispute at this point.
Apparently a few in this country would be happy to see their spouse pull up in a new Mercedes they bought with $0 down and no idea how they'd make the payments.

WTH?   I don't get it.  what am I missing?  what is she talking about?  B.I.G the dead rapper?
His name was Christopher Wallace- which certainly isn’t made less confusing by the fact that Christopher Wallace is tomorrow’s debate moderator.  Edited for clarity ^

Tyler Pager @tylerpager

SCOOP: Joe Biden’s campaign and the DNC set another fundraising record for the month of September, surpassing the massive $364.5 million haul it raised in August. Story to come with @bill_allison

3:28 PM · Oct 1, 2020

Tyler Pager @tylerpager

SCOOP: Joe Biden’s campaign and the DNC set another fundraising record for the month of September, surpassing the massive $364.5 million haul it raised in August. Story to come with @bill_allison

3:28 PM · Oct 1, 2020
Shane Goldmacher

@ShaneGoldmacher

· 1m

Joe Biden raised more in September than his $364.5 million August, according to two people familiar with figures. First reported/tweeted by @tylerpager.

Big finish to the month: Biden raised $24.1 million just online on 9/30.

Plus ~$10 million debate night 9pm-12am.

Trump won with half as much money vs Clinton. Trump this time has outraised Biden https://www.npr.org/2020/05/20/858347477/money-tracker-how-much-trump-and-biden-have-raised-in-the-2020-election. I don't think it means anything anymore.
If it didn't mean anything, they wouldn't spend so much time trying to raise it.  Biden will be passing him with this latest haul.  Trump had a huge lead but its evaporated.   Just as important, even though Trump raised more through August, he had less cash on hand to spend down the stretch when he needs to make up significant ground and defend a lot more states that he must win.    

Part of the reason Clinton's money advantage didn't mean much in 2016 is that she spent a lot of it on ineffective ads. https://www.degruyter.com/view/journals/for/14/4/article-p445.xml

Even though the ad advantage may have been in Clinton’s favor, it does no good if the message does not resonate with voters. Of course, the jury is still out on how effective Clinton’s message was, but evidence suggests that negativity in advertising can have a backlash effect on the sponsor (Pinkleton 1997) and that personally-focused, trait-based negative messages (especially those that are uncivil) tend to be seen as less fair, less informative and less important than more substantive, policy-based messaging (Fridkin and Geer 1994; Brooks and Geer 2007). In stark contrast to any prior presidential cycle for which we have Kantar Media/CMAG data, the Clinton campaign overwhelmingly chose to focus on Trump’s personality and fitness for office (in a sense, doubling down on the news media’s focus), leaving very little room for discussion in advertising of the reasons why Clinton herself was the better choice.

Trump, on the other hand, provided explicit policy-based contrasts, highlighting his strengths and Clinton’s weaknesses, a strategy that research suggests voters find helpful in decision-making (Mattes and Redlawsk 2014). These strategic differences may have meant that Clinton was more prone to voter backlash and did nothing to overcome the media’s lack of focus on Clinton’s policy knowledge, especially for residents of Michigan and Wisconsin, in particular, who were receiving policy-based (and specifically economically-focused) messaging from Trump. 
As far as I can tell, the Biden campaign is doing a much better job of running positive, policy-related ads.

Trump knew Hope Hicks tested positive and still went and traveled to NJ for his planned day.

Are you ####### kidding me? 

Joe Biden@JoeBiden

Jill and I send our thoughts to President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump for a swift recovery.

We will continue to pray for the health and safety of the president and his family.
As expected from Biden...guessing Obama will release something similar as well.

Jesus lord.  The amount of money they're bringing in is staggering.  That's a very good sign.   
The AZ state Dems have outraised the state GOP by something like a factor of 5. It’s possible that the quarterly reports will show that the Maricopa County Dems outraised the entire state GOP by themselves.

The AZ state Dems have outraised the state GOP by something like a factor of 5. It’s possible that the quarterly reports will show that the Maricopa County Dems outraised the entire state GOP by themselves.
It seems to be like that all over the country.      Races that people weren't even considering are suddenly tight.     South Carolina.   Alaska.  

Statement from Dr. Kevin O’Connor: “Vice President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden underwent PCR testing for COVID-19 today and COVID-19 was not detected. I am reporting this out in my capacity as both Vice President Biden and Dr. Biden’s primary care physician.”

Joe Biden@JoeBiden

I’m happy to report that Jill and I have tested negative for COVID. Thank you to everyone for your messages of concern.

I hope this serves as a reminder: wear a mask, keep social distance, and wash your hands.

Kamala Harris@KamalaHarris

Both @DouglasEmhoff and I were tested for COVID-19 this morning and thankfully we tested negative.

This virus is still very much active across our country, please continue to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.

This closing from Biden hitting stronger today: “This cannot be a partisan moment, it must be an American moment. We have to come together as a nation. I'm running as a Democrat but I’ll govern as an American president. Whether you voted for me or against me, I’ll represent you."

:thumbup:
Very and hits at the criticism that Trump tries to govern for the red voters and campaigns towards them only.

Users who are viewing this thread