What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG WSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

I think i have buyers remorse on the foreman pick...i debated ajayi and duke johnson....the achilles thing might be a killer. He is still young though...

Olsen should be going where was at last year minus one round.  Foot should be fixed right this time.  He'll be 34 which is old, but not ancient.  Just two years ago he was the only non-QB offensive player to have played every snap prior to getting hurt.  Some may consider it wear, I consider it good conditioning and toughness.  IF Cam's shoulder is right, this offense should explode.  Samuel and Moore will open the field up for Olsen to dominate.
Was it just his foot a year ago when he interviewed for tv commentary jobs?

Was it just his foot a year ago when he interviewed for tv commentary jobs?
I was in Nashville with my son, waiting for the Jets game to start, and we were watching the Carolina game at a bar beforehand.  When Olsen limped off, I turned to him and said, "Son, you just watched the great Greg Olsen's last play in Carolina".  

I certainly can see a retirement, and if not, I am guessing he gets cut.

Just got an e-mail alert saying I'm on the clock. I'm like "HTF can that be, I pre-drafted McGuire and Dixon with only two slots to go until my pick".  :rant:

I was in Nashville with my son, waiting for the Jets game to start, and we were watching the Carolina game at a bar beforehand.  When Olsen limped off, I turned to him and said, "Son, you just watched the great Greg Olsen's last play in Carolina".  

He said he isn't going to retire.  He would owe the Panther's 7.4 million if he retired and the Panthers would take that same cap hit if they cut him.  He's only slated to make 1.9 mil base plus $1.5 in roster and workout bonus.

Highly doubt he gets cut if healthy. He's not overly expensive and he's their best receiver (other than McCaffery). 

The only real concern is injury / recovery. 

Just past the halfway point: 

Kind of weird drafting from the 11 hole and the 12 hole and then the 5 hole and then the 6 hole on the way back down.  Not sure who got the advantage/disadvantage here, but oh well.

1.11 Patrick Mahomes KCC QB1
8.05 Andy Dalton CIN QB25

I’ll pay the price this year and see what happens.

In order to take advantage of any long term advantage Mahomes gives me in this format, I have to have something to cover his bye or the occasional stinker so took QB2 a little sooner than I wanted. Boyd’s emergence and Ross’s speed added to Green and Mixon/Gio should mean some points in CIN. 

Kittle and Michael Thomas were other sniffs in the first. Carr and Emmanuel Sanders in the 8th. 

2.06 David Johnson ARZ RB11
7.12 Rasheed Penny SEA RB33
10.05 Gus Edwards BAL RB41
11.12 Kenneth Dixon BAL51

Being able to get DJ at 2.06 takes a little of the heat of Mahomes in the first (mini gift).  In my mind, I could have swapped these picks and you may not really bat an eye.  Although most in here still would, which is fine. Expect DJ to bounce back in a more aggressive offense. Davis should be gone in SEA leaving Penny as the RB2, with IMO, a chance to take over as RB1 from Carson. Either way, more opportunities.  At 10-11 I think I locked up BAL running game, so should be something there each week either way.  The extra two slots in WSL’s allow for this strategy a little.

Hill would have been a sniff in the second but still would have went with DJ.  In the 7th, it almost looked like Brady would fall and if so, he probably would have been the pick, but in retrospect kind of glad he didn’t. Not sure why Goff was also falling, that seemed criminal. Delanie Walker in the 10th would have got a sniff, but after some digging, that injury was pretty serious. Olsen and Geronimo got a sniff in the tenth as well, but I needed an RB and Edwards seemed to be falling a little too far. 

3.12 Robert Woods LAR WR18
5.12 Sammy Watkins KCC WR32
6.05 D.J. Moore CAR WR35
9.12 Jordy Nelson OAK WR54

Not sure what to make of Woods, but there should be a weekly score there. Watkins pick is all about playing 16.  If Mahomes approaches 5000/50 again and Watkins is healthy, I think he gets enough of the pie to justify WR32.  When he played, he was WR39 last year on weekly average and that is with about 3 games where he “played” but didn’t really “play”, if you know what I mean. Looking for DJ to be #1 with a healthy Cam and Funchess hopefully gone. Jordy played well down the stretch as the last man standing in OAK and may still be in that role in 2019.

Lindsay would have gotten a sniff at 3.11 and Landry did. Mike Williams would have replaced Watkins but missed out by one pick (should I complain that the draft order got screwed up?).  Jordan Howard got a sniff there too.  6.05 would have been Corey Davis but missed by two picks, which may be a good thing.  

4.05 Hunter Henry LAC TE10
Had to go back and look to make sure I was not missing something on Henry. Felt like some value at TE10.

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Philip lindsay is an intersting player this season....good value...somehow i think he regresses plua new regime and qb....

I think the new regime and QB are positives. Hopefully their little infatuation with Booker is over and stealing the OL Coach Munchak from Pitt  should be an upgrade. 

Mack was my other consideration. 

Please explain.  I think his TD totals were inflated this year and Seattle is a run first team.  Seattle was dead last in passing attempts.  I would have gone Jeffrey or Fitz over him.  Open to an education though.
I agree. I think Lockett is over-valued this year due to the TDs and Baldwin injury last year. I still prefer Baldwin over Lockett....but honestly, I don't want either of them in redraft. 

This is one of those times I trust my eyes, but you're right that he scored very well.  I don't think he repeats but he's good value.

Regarding Ryan -- anyone else concerned this is a repeat of his career year in 2016 and then tanked in 2017...when a change in OC happened? 

😡 @Shadowfax - Foster was my “hidden gem” mid-round target this draft and I thought for sure he’d last until the 10th so I could pair him with Samuel.

It’s way too early for y’all to be this on the ball.
Foster seems like a 11+ round guy. But y'all keep taking players I want so I'm just trying to get as many of "my" guys as I can now. Is there really that much difference in guys in the 9th or 13th round? 

Mr. Irrelevant said:
Just got an e-mail alert saying I'm on the clock. I'm like "HTF can that be, I pre-drafted McGuire and Dixon with only two slots to go until my pick".  :rant:
Talked myself out of Dixon last round. What are the thoughts on him? Do they still like him...or Edwards....or try to sign someone else?

Was looking at Dixon again and Richard for this round....I had to throw another dart at CJA and hopes he signs somewhere with opportunity.

Thru 13 rounds

Cam newton

Jared goff

Todd gurley

Kerryon johnson

Donta foreman

Keenan allen

Tyler lockett

Anthony miller

James washington

Kenny stills

Trey burton

Gerald everett

Chicago defense

Pretty pleased.....on phone or id type alot more

Reminder that I am going to have limited access over the next five days. Today will be the worst as I am flying to a business trip and mostly unavailable today, The four days after tomorrow, I will be able to check in randomly though the day, but will be doing a lot of driving and have some family time as well.

Patience is a virtue!

Talked myself out of Dixon last round. What are the thoughts on him? Do they still like him...or Edwards....or try to sign someone else?

Was looking at Dixon again and Richard for this round....I had to throw another dart at CJA and hopes he signs somewhere with opportunity.
Edwards is the definition of JAG. He was right place, right time in the right system to put up good numbers but I don't see anything special about him at all.

Dixon's been given way more chances than I ever thought he would but it's clear that Harbaugh loves him and wants to make him work. Feel like we've been talking about him for 10 years so I was kinda astonished to learn he just turned 25. The Ravens will probably sign another back (or two) in FA but even if Dixon lands a 40% share of that workload he could put up a ton of points in that system.

Edwards is the definition of JAG. He was right place, right time in the right system to put up good numbers but I don't see anything special about him at all.

Dixon's been given way more chances than I ever thought he would but it's clear that Harbaugh loves him and wants to make him work. Feel like we've been talking about him for 10 years so I was kinda astonished to learn he just turned 25. The Ravens will probably sign another back (or two) in FA but even if Dixon lands a 40% share of that workload he could put up a ton of points in that system.
 this made me laugh a little....I guess I hope I have a bunch of non special jags in the right spot

which is pretty much what the NFL is about....at each position there are usually only a few truly special players.....the rest you could toss in the hat and depending on the things you mentioned (place/time/system) the results would vary....which is really a lot of what we try to do here in fantasy...figure that #### out....CJA is another perfect example....could probably name a few more....not sure what type of "good numbers" a guy has to put up to become "special"....but like I said there probably only is a few of them anyway and they are usually pretty easy to identify....we want "good numbers" in this hobby....and I really don't care how I get them....sure its nice to be the guy that hits on the next "special" player that nobody else saw coming.....but a large part of fantasy is managing your way through the JAGS and finding the ones that give you those numbers.....Edwards is still in the same spot, as of this time, and in the same system....one could argue his system has gotten better with Flacco gone and the teams true commitment to Jackson and Montgomery and Allen free agents....will they bring in some others?....maybe....I guess if they think that guy is "special"....but in the meantime they are as you say getting "good numbers" with the JAG they have so they may not really think it is an area they need to focus on or spend money or a high draft pick on....NFL teams actually try to fill their rosters with guys just like Edwards....jags on the cheap that put up "good numbers"...

this made me laugh a little....I guess I hope I have a bunch of non special jags in the right spot

which is pretty much what the NFL is about....at each position there are usually only a few truly special players.....the rest you could toss in the hat and depending on the things you mentioned (place/time/system) the results would vary....which is really a lot of what we try to do here in fantasy...figure that #### out....CJA is another perfect example....could probably name a few more....not sure what type of "good numbers" a guy has to put up to become "special"....but like I said there probably only is a few of them anyway and they are usually pretty easy to identify....we want "good numbers" in this hobby....and I really don't care how I get them....sure its nice to be the guy that hits on the next "special" player that nobody else saw coming.....but a large part of fantasy is managing your way through the JAGS and finding the ones that give you those numbers.....Edwards is still in the same spot, as of this time, and in the same system....one could argue his system has gotten better with Flacco gone and the teams true commitment to Jackson and Montgomery and Allen free agents....will they bring in some others?....maybe....I guess if they think that guy is "special"....but in the meantime they are as you say getting "good numbers" with the JAG they have so they may not really think it is an area they need to focus on or spend money or a high draft pick on....NFL teams actually try to fill their rosters with guys just like Edwards....jags on the cheap that put up "good numbers"...
Don't get me wrong, I think Edwards at RB41 is fantastic value and I would have happily grabbed him if you hadn't. Any time you can land a presumed starting RB at those prices it's a win. If we weren't playing with such a bunch of sharks in these   :shark:  I expect someone who was just looking at last year's numbers and the lack of competition on the depth chart would be taking him at RB23 or something like that ... and if you're picking a guy as a high-end RB2 and he winds up in a timeshare or phased out of the offense you're in trouble ... whereas a lot would have to go wrong for Edwards not to deliver value where you got him.

And personally my weakness in these things is I always try to hit too many home runs ... sure, finding the guy at RB40 or WR50 who puts up top-5 numbers out of nowhere goes a long way toward a title, but avoiding 0's every week because your rookie got sent to the practice squad or your breakout RB is riding the pine is really important too -  these rosters aren't as deep as we think they are.

He said he isn't going to retire.  He would owe the Panther's 7.4 million if he retired and the Panthers would take that same cap hit if they cut him.  He's only slated to make 1.9 mil base plus $1.5 in roster and workout bonus.
Fair enough.  I honestly thought the hit would be higher to Carolina.

..., but avoiding 0's every week because your rookie got sent to the practice squad or your breakout RB is riding the pine is really important too -  these rosters aren't as deep as we think they are.
:oldunsure:

You're talking about me aren't you? 

Kyler Murray, Damien Harris and N'keal Harry are going to dominate! :boxing:

Sweet Love through 12 Rounds:

QB:

Ryan, Matt ATL QB -6.07

RB:

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB 1.09

Mixon, Joe CIN 2.08

Montgomery, David (R) RB Iowa St 8.07

McGuire, Elijah RB NYJ 11.10

WR:

Edelman, Julian NEP WR 3.10

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR 4.07

Boyd, Tyler CIN WR 5.10

Valdes-Scantling, Marquez GBP WR 9.10

TE:

Herndon, Chris NYJ TE 7.10

Reed, Jordan WAS TE 10.07

K:

Lutz, Wil NOS PK 12.07

Thus far, I think the only mistake was taking Baldwin.  He is a descending player, and Lockett was still available.  While I don't think he will bomb again (he was injured from the get-go), I am not sure he tops 900 yards even if healthy - and that is too early for that type of production.  I think I am in good shape everywhere else, and will be selecting my second kicker in the next pick in order to kick off a run (and secure those easy points).

I'll see your group and raise you 2 rookies and 2 guys coming off of ACL tears.  :unsure:
3 rookies, another guy in his first year playing, Greg Olsen, Eli Manning, AJ Green coming off injury, OJ Howard off injury, Crowder injuries, two sophomore receivers with unproven QBs...

:boxing:

I feel like my team is the elderly and the inexperienced. 

Eli, Adrian Peterson, Greg Olsen, AJ Green - possible HOFers, well past their prime (except hopefully Green). 6 players in their first or second year, 5 guys heading into their prime (including a pro bowl kicker who happens to be a UFA).

I've got a race tomorrow that will have me offline for most of the daylight hours.  If for some reason I die of hypothermia, I bequeath my teams to Ref.

Actually I'm changing my will and a fellow racer Oz can have my teams.

Signed up for Mt. Mitchell but won't make the cutoff.  Forecast is freezing rain and fog from start to finish.  Been raining for a month straight so it will be sloppy.  Kind of a pisser that I drew a ticket for the top and will have to downgrade to the fun run of 26.2.  Last two years have been just over 7 hours for the mary so I'll be shooting for sub 7.

Actually I'm changing my will and a fellow racer Oz can have my teams.

Signed up for Mt. Mitchell but won't make the cutoff.  Forecast is freezing rain and fog from start to finish.  Been raining for a month straight so it will be sloppy.  Kind of a pisser that I drew a ticket for the top and will have to downgrade to the fun run of 26.2.  Last two years have been just over 7 hours for the mary so I'll be shooting for sub 7.
Still, awesome. Miserable but awesome.

I'm still somewhat pissed that I got sick two years ago (or was it 3?) when I was supposed to run it. Someday, not this year.

I’ll be destroying my liver and playing in a 40 team indoor cornhole tournament fundraiser tomorrow at a brewery with a philly cheesesteak food truck..so if something happens to me just skip my picks and let me ride with Mahomes and whatever else I have...I’ll take my chances....good decision not passing anything on to me...

My WR corps in this league:

• Tyreek Hill
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Curtis Samuel
  • John Brown
  • Marqise Lee
  • John Ross
In lieu of the whole survivor thing, I propose a 4x400 relay race to determine the champion instead.  :towelwave:  

@Pimpin Ain't Easy - looks like you made a 16th round pick but didn’t go back and make your 15th. If MFL won’t let you for some reason, just leave an undrafted name on here and Bass (or another one of us) can put it in for you.

Despite waiting a little bit on kickers I think I got two quality guys in Myers and Hopkins. Hopkins dealt with injuries last year but both were pretty solid. 

With 4 rounds left to address sleepers and defense:

Q: Eli, Kyler Murray, Watson - should be a strength, Watson is a stud, Kyler should have some good performances wherever he goes, Eli just needs to keep his job to set the floor.

R: Guice, D Harris, Kamara, ADP - I actually waited longer on Peterson than I thought he'd fall. Figure he's a good handicap for Guice although "Redskins running back" probably isn't high on anyone's priority list. Still, figure if Guice struggles Peterson will help. Or it becomes full blown rbbc. 

W: Crowder, AJ, Harry, Kirk, Pettis - I actually like this group, although who knows where Harry gets drafted. At least one pundit has him landing in Indy in the late first which would be optimal. 

T:  O.J., Olsen - if Olsen gets and stays healthy, I'll put this duo against almost anyone's. 

K: Hopkins, Myers - they're kickers, should have jobs. Their teams aren't exactly offensive powerhouses. Although I do think the Jets could be decent if Darnold develops. 

Don't love it, don't hate it. Now to grab two or three sleepers... 

Can somebody tell me what I am missing on OJ Howard....tia
I don't know what you think of him or what you've seen so I don't know what you're missing.

He's a complete TE, among the best all around. He came into the NFL undeveloped as a receiver, and just my opinion, he can produce among the elite. Admittedly it's an optimistic projection. Arians is among the more aggressive offensive coaches, although he hasn't relied on his TE in the past, he's never had a TE as talented as Howard.  I think Evans, Godwin and Howard should have big years. 

I'm biased somewhat, he's been one of my favorite players while with the Tide, but I have him just about everywhere.  

I don't know what you think of him or what you've seen so I don't know what you're missing.

He's a complete TE, among the best all around. He came into the NFL undeveloped as a receiver, and just my opinion, he can produce among the elite. Admittedly it's an optimistic projection. Arians is among the more aggressive offensive coaches, although he hasn't relied on his TE in the past, he's never had a TE as talented as Howard.  I think Evans, Godwin and Howard should have big years. 

I'm biased somewhat, he's been one of my favorite players while with the Tide, but I have him just about everywhere.  
I like OJH....the arians thing is scary, but OJ is a beast, lets see how they use him. I own a share in Dyno and hes my starter so Im interested in what happens. 

Users who are viewing this thread