What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG WSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

So sorry guys - promise this has never happened to me before.  I thought I was loaded in pre-draft.

I will take Keelan Cole, WR Jax

And it won't happen again.

With 3 SEC backs plus ADP, I figure I'll go small school for (probably) my last RB. Devin Singletary, motor, Florida Atlantic.  Expect him to do well in the combine and go in the first two rounds, hopefully to a team in Pennsylvania. 

I will almost certainly regret taking three QBs and three TE. but I still like Shaheen's potential way too much to pass on him here. 

Looking back, I'd change the Kyler Murray pick to Robert Foster.

Some initial thoughts with my draft in the books ... 

Wentz, Carson PHI QB7 290.5 - 6.04
Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB21 69.3 - 7.13

Being out on one end of these drafts usually means reaching for a QB, so with about 6 names I valued equally staring at me at 6.04 I went with the homer pick. When healthy we've seen what Wentz’s ceiling can be, so while I wouldn't value him QB7 in a vacuum I'm not worried. Whatever I lost on Wentz I made up on Garoppolo, who's massively undervalued at QB21 (he went QB15 in WSL2, which still may be an underpay). I'm very excited about the potential of a Shanny offense with three healthy pieces I drafted here, a rising Pettis, and likely another piece via FA or the draft. Top-5 upside from this duo for sure.

Mack, Marlon IND RB20 178.1 - 3.13
McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB28 ‐ - 5.13
Jacobs, Josh ROOK RB34 - - 8.04
Henderson, Darrell ROOK RB52 - - 11.13
Samuels, Jaylen PIT RB59 89.5 - 14.04

Calling this a high-risk, high-reward group is ... an understatement. I love Mack's talent and he showed well as a rookie (and the Colts are my early AFC pick) but there's obvious situational risk. McKinnon is basically an older, smaller, more injury-prone Mack, albeit on a team much less likely to sign Bell. Then the 1st and 4th rookie backs off the board - one who never got more than 120 carries in a season and one from noted football factory Memphis. And rounding out the position, an H-back with 56 career NFL carries. What could go wrong?

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR7 328.0 - 2.05
Golladay, Kenny DET WR20 207.1 - 4.04
Samuel, Curtis CAR WR55 138.8 - 9.13
Brown, John BAL WR57 143.9 - 10.04
Lee, Marqise JAC WR77 ‐ - 15.13
Ross, John CIN WR79 84.9 - 16.04
Butler, Hakeem ROOK WR98 - - 20.04

I feel as though if you went up to an NFFC champion and told him, "Pick one each of a WR1-6, plus one rookie, that will most outperform their year-end PPR stats in best-ball," you'd get back more or less this exact list. That's a good thing, I think? Maybe? Golladay is a rising stud who’s a threat for double-digit TDs, and everyone else is ... really, really fast. Many of them are also inconsistent, unproven, injury-prone, or likely headed for new teams but, hey, every silver lining has a cloud, y’know? I was thinking about last year's Mr. Irrelevant (Trey Quinn) in the 20th just for the sheer poetry of it, but Butler is one of my top 3 WRs in this draft class (and if he runs a 4.51 at the combine he'd still be the slowest WR on my roster, LOL). At year-end I wouldn't be shocked if I led the league in points from my WR starters, or finished 12th.

Kittle, George SFO TE3 344.7 - 1.12
Goedert, Dallas PHI TE25 123.4 - 12.04
James, Jesse PIT TE38 114.3 - 19.13

With elite names in such short supply in a 2PPR format, I passed on Hopkins to grab the last of those three elites in Kittle - only later remembering that I've tried the "first-round TE" strategy a couple of times in these and flamed out badly. On the plus side, Kittle’s breakout came despite poor QB play and just 5 TDs, so we might not have seen his fantasy ceiling yet. The Eagles run more 2-TE sets than anyone in the league, so Goedert offers standalone value plus massive upside in case of an Ertz injury. James is an UFA - hoping for my purposes he lands somewhere as part of a Reed/Davis-like pairing of primary route-runner and primary blocker. Kittle was not a top-10 scoring TE only twice last season, so in retrospect James might have been a throwaway pick.

Elliott, Jake PHI PK7 111.0 - 13.13
Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def23 104.0 - 17.13
Panthers, Carolina CAR Def26 92.0 - 18.04

"One good kicker" has been my mantra in these for years. One of these days it's gonna blow up in my face and get me booted early. Hopefully not today! As for my defenses, meh, they’ll be in that big chasm between elite and hopeless, just like about 20 other DSTs.

Overall ... well, I really love my QB duo, and my TEs’ combination of floor and ceiling is as good as anyone’s. The rest of the roster takes the phrase “no prizes for 2nd place” to a whole new level. I can see quite a few ways where 2-3 individual breakouts from my RB/WR stable carry me to a title. I can also see a lot of ways my streak of never getting booted in Weeks 1-2 comes to a crashing halt. Go big or go home, fellas!  :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete Holloway Team Report WSL 1

Quarterback

• 6.16 Philip Rivers LAC QB13
  • 7.1 Baker Mayfield CLE14    
Excellent value on quarterback drafted relatively late, but at a good point in the quarterback run. @BassNBrewliked this combo so well, he took them in WSL 2. These two will likely throw plenty of passes and give this team a chance to add points at the quarterback position.

Running Back

• 1.1 Saquon Barkley NYG RB1 - difficult to choose the absolute top RB, but Barkley caught 91 passes and had over 2,000 yards from scrimmage
  • 4.16 James White NEP RB26 - averaged 68 receptions per year for the past three seasons, including 87 in 2018
  • 8.16 Dion Lewis Ten RB37 - averaged 45 receptions and close to 1,000 yards from scrimmage the past two seasons
  • 12.16 K Hunt CLE RB56 - another excellent receiver, if he gets to play - risky but felt appropriate at RB56
  • 20.16 T Riddick DET RB81 - a likely cut candidate but another guy that can catch the football, averaged 56 receptions per season for the past five years
Barkley and four other guys that can catch the ball very well. A solid group here will be a real asset if Hunt gets to play half a season.

Wide Receiver

• 2.16 Brandin Cooks LAR WR14 - very underrated, averaged 77 catches for 1,150 yards and 7 TDs the past four seasons & on three different teams but will be back with the Rams    
  • 3.1 Stefon Diggs MIN WR15 - caught over 100 passes for over 1,000 yards and 9 TDs and the offense has room to grow    
  • 9.1 Adam Humphries TB? WR47 - excellent slot guy who may or may not be back in Tampa Bay and has improved production every season    
  • 10.16 Desean Jackson FA WR61 - Hoping he leaves and Humphries stays, great downfield threat, not good for a lot of catches but TDs are possible here
  • 11.1 Michael Crabtree FA WR62 - good possession receiver who hopefully will leave Baltimore for greener pastures
  • 18.16 Willie Snead BLT? WR93 - felt like I needed another body and thankful to get this former coach's son who is a grinder wherever he goes
Tight End

• 5.1 Austin Hooper ATL TE11 - underrated, but not who you want as an anchor on a two PPR tight end league    
  • 15.1 Hayden Hurst BLT TE32 - started very slowly, but was coming on and played well with Jackson at QB, hoping for improved production
  • 16.16 Charles Clay ARZ TE33 - a guy that can play better than he showed in Buffalo gets another opportunity in Arizona
I mostly punted the tight end position as I see an abundance of guys I consider at best hopeful of production after the top fifteen or so. This is likely toward the bottom of the league and I just hope that the three of them can come up with one decent score most weeks to keep us afloat.

Special Teams

• 13.1 Justin Tucker - great kicker on reasonably efficient offense that could struggle in the red zone
  • 14.16 Adam Vinatieri - still playing well at an advanced age and on a dome team with a great offense, stay healthy my man
  • 17.1 New York Giants DST - meh
  • 19.1 Green Bay Packers DST - eh
I really like the quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers. Hoping that the tight ends can tread water and the defense posts some points here and there.

1.11 Patrick Mahomes KCC QB1
8.05 Andy Dalton CIN QB25

No additions here.  Should be all right.

2.06 David Johnson ARZ RB11
7.12 Rasheed Penny SEA RB33
10.05 Gus Edwards BAL RB41
11.12 Kenneth Dixon BAL RB 51
18.05 Peyton Barber TBB  RB71

Added Barber, which is nothing special. Who knows what the new coaching, draft, FA brings. If I get last year type stuff, it is a bonus to this group. DJ needs to carry the mail and being right about Penny would be nice.  Hopefully BAL doesn’t add anything.  This group could be hurtin if the offseason brings a bunch of changes. But if the off season brings minimal damage, they could be ok with only needing two scores.

3.12 Robert Woods LAR WR18
5.12 Sammy Watkins KCC WR32
6.05 D.J. Moore CAR WR35
9.12 Jordy Nelson OAK WR54
12.05 Taylor Gabriel CHI WR69
16.05 Ted Ginn Jr. NOS WR80
20.05 Demarcus Robinson KCC WR99

Added Gabriel, Ginn, and Robinson.  Is Gabriel the #2 in CHI or is it Miller moving forward?  I don’t know, hope he sees some targets.  Is Ginn the #2 in NOS or is it or will it be someone else?  I do not know, hope he sees some targets and hits a couple deep ones that can score for you on occasion. Robinson is an early off-season flyer I am willing to roll the dice on right now.  That may change, but I do not think Conley is resigned, so right now, the job belongs to Robinson.  Mahomes can probably sustain a WR3 if that guy is the only one they trot out there.  Robinson seemed to click a little with Mahomes even dating back to Mahomes week 17 start two years ago.  Stacking him with Watkins in this group means I got a shot at something when Hill, Kelce, and the running game don’t eat…and sometimes even if they do. The Chiefs will be looking to upgrade a bunch elsewhere, I am not sure the WR position will be one of them.  I think they like what they have in Robinson and Dieter as WR3 type guys. Robinson and Conley combined put up 54/632/9….but that was with dinged Watkins.  Anyway, I passed on the OAK DST with my last two picks of V. Davis and Robinson, hoping it pays off in the end, as I don’t see OAK really helping much each week.

4.05 Hunter Henry LAC TE10
13.12 Blake Jarwin DAL TE30
19.12 Vernon Davis SF TE37

Added Jarwin and then Davis late.  If Jarwin is the guy, it could be a decent pick.  If not….a waste, which is why I added a third in Davis. Didn’t realize Davis was only 35, I thought he was 45.  Anyway whoever the QB is, he should keep Davis involved and when Reed goes on the IR, I have a decent TE1 on a team. 

14.05 Brett Maher DAL PK11
17.12 Randy Bullock CIN PK28

Maher was pretty solid 29/36 last year, including 6 of 8 from 50+ and only missed one extra point in 33 tries.  He should be solid and have the job.  Kind of lucky to get Bullock at PK28 and he signed through 2020 which is nice. Only missed 4 FG’s last year 19/23 and two extra points in 41 attempts. These guys were PK10 and PK19 last year, so should be ok as a group. 

15.12 New England Patriots DST11

As the draft wore down, I was not happy with my team at all and the thought of one PK or one DST really started becoming a possibility.  At the end I just couldn’t pull the trigger on OAK, even in the last round.  Just not sure they would be worth it any given week and thought the draft pick was best used elsewhere in hoping to advance each week. If I had implemented this strategy last year with NE and OAK, OAK would have only outscored NE three times when they were both playing and it was by totals of (4, 1, 3) and two of those were when OAK scored their only DST TD’s. OAK averaged 3.81 points per week with 11 weeks scoring 3 points or less.  I’ll gamble that Davis and Robinson help me advance more than that.

Overall: really hate this team, not a good effort on my part.

:banned:

I hope your WSL1 team turns out better than you think b/c my WSL2 team looks a lot like it ... or to be more specific, almost exactly like it if you'd taken Nuk like you should have at 1.11 instead of your boy in red ...  :P

My thoughts:

QB - Cam Newton, Jared Goff.

this is  a nice solid pair, Cam was fine but he hurt his shoulder last year, super value in re-drafts this year I am thinking

RB - Todd Gurley, Kerryon Johnson, D'onta Foreman, Alex Collins, Miles Sanders

Absolutely love my top 2 here, and then kinda punted on the position after that. Just stay healthy boys.

Saw this about Foreman recently - 

D'Onta Foreman impressing     Tue Feb 26, 05:22 PM

Houston Texans RB D'Onta Foreman (Achilles') has worked hard so far this offseason and impressed the Texans with how he's looked after missing all but one game last year.

Fluff piece on Miles Sanders (R) - Penn State - https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/miles-sanders-polish-despite-inexperience/

WR - Keenan Allen, Tyler Lockett, Anthony Miller, James Washington, Kenny Stills, Rashard Higgins.

Decent group after Keenan Allen, if Antonio Brown is gone and I think he is, I might have something with James Washington, Pitt traditionally grooms WR nicely- Hines ward, santonio, Plaxico, AB, Sanders....they know how to draft them.....Miller should improve this year, and Lockett has big games.

TE - Trey Burton, Gerald  Everett, Ricky Seals-Jones.

I was one of the last teams to address the position and think Burton could improve, could be a weak spot here....the RSJ thing is just funny....but it was a 19th rounder, Clay was pretty much meh in Buffalo

K - Josh Lambo, Ryan Succop

two dudes with jobs

DEF - Chicago Bears, Philly Eagles

Jumped on the Bears early, Philly has been good-great in the Schwartz era there.

I haven't won one of these in awhile. I'm due!

My thoughts:

this is  a nice solid pair, Cam was fine but he hurt his shoulder last year, super value in re-drafts this year I am thinking

Absolutely love my top 2 here, and then kinda punted on the position after that. Just stay healthy boys.

Saw this about Foreman recently - 

D'Onta Foreman impressing     Tue Feb 26, 05:22 PM

Houston Texans RB D'Onta Foreman (Achilles') has worked hard so far this offseason and impressed the Texans with how he's looked after missing all but one game last year.

Fluff piece on Miles Sanders (R) - Penn State - https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/miles-sanders-polish-despite-inexperience/

WR - Keenan Allen, Tyler Lockett, Anthony Miller, James Washington, Kenny Stills, Rashard Higgins.

Decent group after Keenan Allen, if Antonio Brown is gone and I think he is, I might have something with James Washington, Pitt traditionally grooms WR nicely- Hines ward, santonio, Plaxico, AB, Sanders....they know how to draft them.....Miller should improve this year, and Lockett has big games.

I was one of the last teams to address the position and think Burton could improve, could be a weak spot here....the RSJ thing is just funny....but it was a 19th rounder, Clay was pretty much meh in Buffalo

two dudes with jobs

Jumped on the Bears early, Philly has been good-great in the Schwartz era there.

I haven't won one of these in awhile. I'm due!
If cam gets healthy this is one of my favorite teams. TE is clearly a weakness but Everett has talent and started to get involved least year. 

Manning, Eli NYG 12.10

Murray, Kyler ???  9.07

Watson, Deshaun HOU 5.07

I think QB is a strength, Eli might have been a luxury pick but he'll keep starting and provides insurance at a high scoring position. Kyler is doing well in the combine, should be interesting.

Guice, Derrius WAS RB 4.10

Harris, Damien ??? 8.10

Kamara, Alvin NOS 1.06

Peterson, Adrian WAS 15.07

Singletary, Devin ??? 19.07

The Redskins backs should produce decent RB2 numbers, the rookies provide upside, Kamara is a stud. I think this is a strength, might not have needed Singletary but I like the upside.

Crowder, Jamison WAS 11.07

Green, A.J. CIN 2.11

Harry, N'keal 13.07

Kirk, Christian ARI 7.07

Pettis, Dante SFO WR 6.10

Probably my weak link, might regret not taking Josh Gordon in the 20th if he plays

Howard, O.J. TBB 3.07

Olsen, Greg CAR 10.10

Shaheen, Adam CHI 20.10

Couldn't pass on the upside again with Shaheen. TEs take a while to develop, small school TEs I'll assume take even longer, injuries haven't helped. But I still think Shaheen can be really good. Howard sets the table, hopefully Olsen stays healthy.

Hopkins, Dustin WAS 16.10

Myers, Jason NYJ 14.10

They kick for bad teams, yeah. 

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay 18.10

Jets, New York 17.07

Took both defenses almost entirely because their new defensive coordinators seem to know what they're doing. 

Probably too much risk without enough reliable scorers. 

QB - Rogers and Trubisky: Invested heavy, should be a strength.

RB - Aaron Jones, Freeman, Ajayi, Hyde, Crowell: Jones was looking like a stud in GB.  Have the GB points covered.  Freeman was a gift in the late 4th.  I think Ajayi, Hyde, and Crowell are all more talented than most of the rookies who were picked.  Crowell could be cut for a cash savings or be the starter in NY.  Between him, Hyde, and Ajayi, I think one will end up in a good spot.

WR - Hilton, Tate, Calloway, Westbrook, Allison, Taylor, Garcon, Moncrief:  Invested late and took the shotgun approach.  Most of these guys will be on the field a lot so I should be OK.

TE - Kelce and ASJ:  Invested heavy in Kielce so I didn't want to burn ammo on points that wouldn't count.  Should be in great shape if Kielce doesn't get hurt.  He only had one week under 15 points last year.

K- Butker: Went solo here.

D - Pitt and Clev: Who knows, but they both rush the QB.

Low risk team that will hang around if the byes break right and the injuries stay away.  No glaring weaknesses IMO.

-OZ- said:
Manning, Eli NYG 12.10

Murray, Kyler ???  9.07

Watson, Deshaun HOU 5.07

I think QB is a strength, Eli might have been a luxury pick but he'll keep starting and provides insurance at a high scoring position. Kyler is doing well in the combine, should be interesting.

Guice, Derrius WAS RB 4.10

Harris, Damien ??? 8.10

Kamara, Alvin NOS 1.06

Peterson, Adrian WAS 15.07

Singletary, Devin ??? 19.07

The Redskins backs should produce decent RB2 numbers, the rookies provide upside, Kamara is a stud. I think this is a strength, might not have needed Singletary but I like the upside.

Crowder, Jamison WAS 11.07

Green, A.J. CIN 2.11

Harry, N'keal 13.07

Kirk, Christian ARI 7.07

Pettis, Dante SFO WR 6.10

Probably my weak link, might regret not taking Josh Gordon in the 20th if he plays

Howard, O.J. TBB 3.07

Olsen, Greg CAR 10.10

Shaheen, Adam CHI 20.10

Couldn't pass on the upside again with Shaheen. TEs take a while to develop, small school TEs I'll assume take even longer, injuries haven't helped. But I still think Shaheen can be really good. Howard sets the table, hopefully Olsen stays healthy.

Hopkins, Dustin WAS 16.10

Myers, Jason NYJ 14.10

They kick for bad teams, yeah. 

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay 18.10

Jets, New York 17.07

Took both defenses almost entirely because their new defensive coordinators seem to know what they're doing. 

Probably too much risk without enough reliable scorers. 
QB- Maybe it is just me, but I don't see strength here unless Murray starts early and plays well. I love Watson, but he has missed games and is not the most reliable. I can't see Eli Manning playing a lot.

RB - Love the top two in Kamara and Guice but not a fan of multiple rookies this year or Peterson who might make your Guice pick better by retiring

WR - I agree with your assessment of a weak group and I like to have more than five with three scores required each week. Not nearly as high on Pettis as you and just don't see consistency here

TE - I heard Olsen said he was going to play, but already had two offers for the booth. Rehabbing another foot injury and turning 34 would surely make me listen long and hard about talking for a living

Stinkin Ref said:
1.11 Patrick Mahomes KCC QB1
8.05 Andy Dalton CIN QB25

No additions here.  Should be all right.

2.06 David Johnson ARZ RB11
7.12 Rasheed Penny SEA RB33
10.05 Gus Edwards BAL RB41
11.12 Kenneth Dixon BAL RB 51
18.05 Peyton Barber TBB  RB71

Added Barber, which is nothing special. Who knows what the new coaching, draft, FA brings. If I get last year type stuff, it is a bonus to this group. DJ needs to carry the mail and being right about Penny would be nice.  Hopefully BAL doesn’t add anything.  This group could be hurtin if the offseason brings a bunch of changes. But if the off season brings minimal damage, they could be ok with only needing two scores.

3.12 Robert Woods LAR WR18
5.12 Sammy Watkins KCC WR32
6.05 D.J. Moore CAR WR35
9.12 Jordy Nelson OAK WR54
12.05 Taylor Gabriel CHI WR69
16.05 Ted Ginn Jr. NOS WR80
20.05 Demarcus Robinson KCC WR99

Added Gabriel, Ginn, and Robinson.  Is Gabriel the #2 in CHI or is it Miller moving forward?  I don’t know, hope he sees some targets.  Is Ginn the #2 in NOS or is it or will it be someone else?  I do not know, hope he sees some targets and hits a couple deep ones that can score for you on occasion. Robinson is an early off-season flyer I am willing to roll the dice on right now.  That may change, but I do not think Conley is resigned, so right now, the job belongs to Robinson.  Mahomes can probably sustain a WR3 if that guy is the only one they trot out there.  Robinson seemed to click a little with Mahomes even dating back to Mahomes week 17 start two years ago.  Stacking him with Watkins in this group means I got a shot at something when Hill, Kelce, and the running game don’t eat…and sometimes even if they do. The Chiefs will be looking to upgrade a bunch elsewhere, I am not sure the WR position will be one of them.  I think they like what they have in Robinson and Dieter as WR3 type guys. Robinson and Conley combined put up 54/632/9….but that was with dinged Watkins.  Anyway, I passed on the OAK DST with my last two picks of V. Davis and Robinson, hoping it pays off in the end, as I don’t see OAK really helping much each week.

4.05 Hunter Henry LAC TE10
13.12 Blake Jarwin DAL TE30
19.12 Vernon Davis SF TE37

Added Jarwin and then Davis late.  If Jarwin is the guy, it could be a decent pick.  If not….a waste, which is why I added a third in Davis. Didn’t realize Davis was only 35, I thought he was 45.  Anyway whoever the QB is, he should keep Davis involved and when Reed goes on the IR, I have a decent TE1 on a team. 

14.05 Brett Maher DAL PK11
17.12 Randy Bullock CIN PK28

Maher was pretty solid 29/36 last year, including 6 of 8 from 50+ and only missed one extra point in 33 tries.  He should be solid and have the job.  Kind of lucky to get Bullock at PK28 and he signed through 2020 which is nice. Only missed 4 FG’s last year 19/23 and two extra points in 41 attempts. These guys were PK10 and PK19 last year, so should be ok as a group. 

15.12 New England Patriots DST11

As the draft wore down, I was not happy with my team at all and the thought of one PK or one DST really started becoming a possibility.  At the end I just couldn’t pull the trigger on OAK, even in the last round.  Just not sure they would be worth it any given week and thought the draft pick was best used elsewhere in hoping to advance each week. If I had implemented this strategy last year with NE and OAK, OAK would have only outscored NE three times when they were both playing and it was by totals of (4, 1, 3) and two of those were when OAK scored their only DST TD’s. OAK averaged 3.81 points per week with 11 weeks scoring 3 points or less.  I’ll gamble that Davis and Robinson help me advance more than that.

I don't hate this team like @Stinkin Refindicated, but aside from Mahomes, David Johnson and Henry there is not much star power. I am big on all three of these guys, but there are questions on both Johnson and Henry. I do like that Ref was persistent in the drafting of veterans rather than rookies and having seven wide receivers is a great strategy to secure three good scores weekly. Would have preferred a second DST, but I do like the late additions at WR, RB and TE for depth there instead of the second DST.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
My thoughts:

This was my favorite team after 7 rounds and it still is. Lots of strengths and no real weakness anywhere. Only real whiff was the Foreman pick IMO.

@-OZ- did you hear the one about Witten leaving the booth to return to the Cowboys? Will Olsen take his place? You can watch him on the NFL Network at the Draft, or possibly this weekend at the Combine.

@Stinkin Refmight also have a bit of a hit since he drafted a Cowboys tight end

@-OZ- did you hear the one about Witten leaving the booth to return to the Cowboys? Will Olsen take his place? You can watch him on the NFL Network at the Draft, or possibly this weekend at the Combine.

@Stinkin Refmight also have a bit of a hit since he drafted a Cowboys tight end
First, I don't think Witten does much this year.

Olsen might learn that Hof TEs don't all make good broadcasters.

Nice....

Restricted free agent Alex Collins was arrested in Baltimore following a car crash early Friday morning.

Details are unclear, but both police and the Ravens confirmed Collins was taken into custody after a car crashed into a tree shortly before 7 AM this morning. It's not yet public whether Collins was driving the vehicle. Collins is not a lock to return to the Ravens this season as an RFA after a disappointing 2018.

7.09 Dak Prescott, QB19
8.08 Nick Foles, QB27

Missed on Brady by 1 pick. Settled on Dak – He’s been QB13, 10 and 10 the last 3 years. Has some poor games but Cooper seemed to help and was also able to put up 2 40+ point games with him. Good best ball QB. 8th round seems way too early for Foles but he should have a starting job somewhere and was the last QB I felt ok with and felt forced to go QB. I still haven’t figured out the QB runs in these leagues – either picking too early or scrapping the bottom of the QB2 barrel. WSL2 still had Jackson, Dalton, Darnold, Carr, and Mariota left at 8.08. Need Foles to start and keep starting job next year, otherwise I’m doomed with one of Dak’s 10 point games.

3.09 Philip Lindsay, RB19
5.09 Kenyan Drake, RB27
10.08 Nyheim Hines, RB42
12.08 CJ Anderson, RB55
20.08 Elijah Holyfield-rookie, RB78

Not thrilled with the group – no true stud and a lot of unknowns. Just missed out on Kerryon, Jones and Fournette in the 3rd. My gut says Lindsay is a bit of a value pick because he just looks like he has “it”. If he keeps going as RB19, I’ll have a lot of shares next year. Hopefully, Denver bails on the Booker experiment and Lindsay can improve on his 35 catches. What role will Drake have with new regime? I’m assuming the very least he keeps his passing role with the upside of his 2017 usage. Other option was McKinnon. Even with Mack, Hines should still have a role – he caught 63 passes last year. CJA seemed like a good gamble. With his strong showing at the end of the year, someone should give him a chance. Why not gamble on a rookie in the 20th? And the last couple Georgia RBs have looked pretty darn good in the NFL. 

2.08 Odell Beckham, WR9
4.08 Cooper Kupp, WR23
6.08 Chris Godwin, WR36
9.09 Robert Foster, WR52
11.09 Tyrell Williams, WR65
16.08 Deion Cain, WR81
18.08 Kelvin Harmon-rookie, WR88

Really like this group. Not sure where OBJ will be but he’s elite. Kupp was top 5 before he was injured. Not expecting that but he does seem to be a huge cog in the LAR offense. Some worry about how an ACL recovery impacts his speed/cuts early next year. Other options were RBs Cohen, Guice and Freeman. 

The next 3 – Godwin, Foster and TyWilliams are all targets for me this year. I think DJax is gone, giving Godwin huge upside in that Arians offense. Down side was that Godwin pick cost me better QBs. Foster had something clicking with Allen. TyWilliams should leave and seek a WR1 role next year. He posted 70-1000-7 season when Allen was hurt, so the talent is there. Downside was Williams cost me Goedert. Other options were Dixon – whom I passed on, thinking I could get RB Richard on the way back but Ruds sniped him. Anyway, Williams is going to look like a complete steal at this price in the summer. Cain was turning heads in training camp and Indy craves for a WR2 – good chance they draft someone though. Harmon is an NFL ready WR and should contribute a few weeks. 

1.09 Zach Ertz, TE2
19.09 Irv Smith-rookie, TE36

Ertz is a stud and only had 3 games below 14 points. Other options were Bell and Hopkins  - but the top TEs last year gave such a huge advantage. With such a big investment, I knew I was going to slough TE2 but didn’t plan until the 19th. Was targeting Eifert or Goedert but waited too long. Missed Goedert by 3 picks – still stings. Usually rookie TEs are a waste but several were suitable last year and Smith should get an opportunity – good blocker route running. Other options were Vernon Davis and Jake Butt, who both went soon after my Smith pick. 

13.09 Ka’imi Faribarin, K5
14.08 Aldrick Rosas, K13
15.09 LA Chargers, DST8
17.09 Atlanta Falcons, DST22 

2 good kickers with jobs and plenty of opportunities. Caveat – regret taking Rosas but I thought one of Hyde, Crowell and Peterson would be there for round 15 and wanted to get another reliable PK before the run. Damn Bass taking both Hyde and Crowell. 2 defenses that underperformed last year but I expect will rebound. Both have high score potential each week. 

Overall, I need my WR/TE to carry me and RBs to have the opportunities I need. The need to balance out the weeks my QBs aren’t up to snuff. I normally don’t draft a lot of rookies. But since there doesn’t seem to be any clear cut choices, it only required some minor draft capital in rounds 18-20. There were vets I could have gone with but they are who they are…and they’re not winning any leagues for me. Have made it to final 3 without winning more times than I’d like. Thought I’d try the rookie route and hope to hit. 

RB - Aaron Jones, Freeman, Ajayi, Hyde, Crowell: Jones was looking like a stud in GB.  Have the GB points covered.  Freeman was a gift in the late 4th.  I think Ajayi, Hyde, and Crowell are all more talented than most of the rookies who were picked.  Crowell could be cut for a cash savings or be the starter in NY.  Between him, Hyde, and Ajayi, I think one will end up in a good spot.

WR - Hilton, Tate, Calloway, Westbrook, Allison, Taylor, Garcon, Moncrief:  Invested late and took the shotgun approach.  Most of these guys will be on the field a lot so I should be OK.

TE - Kelce and ASJ:  Invested heavy in Kielce so I didn't want to burn ammo on points that wouldn't count.  Should be in great shape if Kielce doesn't get hurt.  He only had one week under 15 points last year.

Low risk team that will hang around if the byes break right and the injuries stay away.  No glaring weaknesses IMO.
Let’s get Ajayi in a good spot so I can have 5 starting rbs 

Complete Holloway Team Report WSL 1

Quarterback

• 6.16 Philip Rivers LAC QB13
  • 7.1 Baker Mayfield CLE14    
Excellent value on quarterback drafted relatively late, but at a good point in the quarterback run. @BassNBrewliked this combo so well, he took them in WSL 2. These two will likely throw plenty of passes and give this team a chance to add points at the quarterback position.

Running Back

• 1.1 Saquon Barkley NYG RB1 - difficult to choose the absolute top RB, but Barkley caught 91 passes and had over 2,000 yards from scrimmage
  • 4.16 James White NEP RB26 - averaged 68 receptions per year for the past three seasons, including 87 in 2018
  • 8.16 Dion Lewis Ten RB37 - averaged 45 receptions and close to 1,000 yards from scrimmage the past two seasons
  • 12.16 K Hunt CLE RB56 - another excellent receiver, if he gets to play - risky but felt appropriate at RB56
  • 20.16 T Riddick DET RB81 - a likely cut candidate but another guy that can catch the football, averaged 56 receptions per season for the past five years
Barkley and four other guys that can catch the ball very well. A solid group here will be a real asset if Hunt gets to play half a season.

Wide Receiver

• 2.16 Brandin Cooks LAR WR14 - very underrated, averaged 77 catches for 1,150 yards and 7 TDs the past four seasons & on three different teams but will be back with the Rams    
  • 3.1 Stefon Diggs MIN WR15 - caught over 100 passes for over 1,000 yards and 9 TDs and the offense has room to grow    
  • 9.1 Adam Humphries TB? WR47 - excellent slot guy who may or may not be back in Tampa Bay and has improved production every season    
  • 10.16 Desean Jackson FA WR61 - Hoping he leaves and Humphries stays, great downfield threat, not good for a lot of catches but TDs are possible here
  • 11.1 Michael Crabtree FA WR62 - good possession receiver who hopefully will leave Baltimore for greener pastures
  • 18.16 Willie Snead BLT? WR93 - felt like I needed another body and thankful to get this former coach's son who is a grinder wherever he goes
Tight End

• 5.1 Austin Hooper ATL TE11 - underrated, but not who you want as an anchor on a two PPR tight end league    
  • 15.1 Hayden Hurst BLT TE32 - started very slowly, but was coming on and played well with Jackson at QB, hoping for improved production
  • 16.16 Charles Clay ARZ TE33 - a guy that can play better than he showed in Buffalo gets another opportunity in Arizona
I mostly punted the tight end position as I see an abundance of guys I consider at best hopeful of production after the top fifteen or so. This is likely toward the bottom of the league and I just hope that the three of them can come up with one decent score most weeks to keep us afloat.

Special Teams

• 13.1 Justin Tucker - great kicker on reasonably efficient offense that could struggle in the red zone
  • 14.16 Adam Vinatieri - still playing well at an advanced age and on a dome team with a great offense, stay healthy my man
  • 17.1 New York Giants DST - meh
  • 19.1 Green Bay Packers DST - eh
I really like the quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers. Hoping that the tight ends can tread water and the defense posts some points here and there.
FA update today

Baker Mayfield gets a boost with OBJ trade to the Browns. Really like DeSean Jackson back to Philly and Humpries at Tennessee, not the location I coveted, but we’ll see.

Moncreif could not have ended up in a better spot. Crowell will be cut and plummets down the rankings 

Complete Holloway Team Report WSL 1 with bye weeks

Quarterback

• 6.16 Philip Rivers LAC QB13 12
  • 7.1 Baker Mayfield CLE14 7   

Running Back

• 1.1 Saquon Barkley NYG RB1 11 - difficult to choose the absolute top RB, but Barkley caught 91 passes and had over 2,000 yards from scrimmage
  • 4.16 James White NEP RB26 10 - averaged 68 receptions per year for the past three seasons, including 87 in 2018
  • 8.16 Dion Lewis Ten RB37 11 - averaged 45 receptions and close to 1,000 yards from scrimmage the past two seasons
  • 12.16 K Hunt CLE RB56 7  - another excellent receiver, if he gets to play - risky but felt appropriate at RB56
  • 20.16 T Riddick DET RB81 5? - a likely cut candidate but another guy that can catch the football, averaged 56 receptions per season for the past five years

Wide Receiver

• 2.16 Brandin Cooks LAR WR14 - very underrated, averaged 77 catches for 1,150 yards and 7 TDs the past four seasons & on three different teams but will be back with the Rams    
  • 3.1 Stefon Diggs MIN WR15 12 - caught over 100 passes for over 1,000 yards and 9 TDs and the offense has room to grow    
  • 10.16 Desean Jackson FA WR6111  - Hoping he leaves and Humphries stays, great downfield threat, not good for a lot of catches but TDs are possible here
  • 11.1 Michael Crabtree FA WR62 ? - good possession receiver who hopefully will leave Baltimore for greener pastures
  • 18.16 Willie Snead BLT? WR93 8 - felt like I needed another body and thankful to get this former coach's son who is a grinder wherever he goes
Tight End

• 5.1 Austin Hooper ATL TE11- underrated, but not who you want as an anchor on a two PPR tight end league    
  • 15.1 Hayden Hurst BLT TE32 8 - started very slowly, but was coming on and played well with Jackson at QB, hoping for improved production
  • 16.16 Charles Clay ARZ TE33 12 - a guy that can play better than he showed in Buffalo gets another opportunity in Arizona

Special Teams

• 13.1 Justin Tucker 8 - great kicker on reasonably efficient offense that could struggle in the red zone
  • 14.16 Adam Vinatieri  6 - still playing well at an advanced age and on a dome team with a great offense, stay healthy my man
  • 17.1 New York Giants DST 11 - meh
  • 19.1 Green Bay Packers DST11  - eh
No DST in week 11, but otherwise no damage

We can change our picks now. 

Log in as commish, setup, change draft picks. Just be sure you get yours right (unless someone wants to do them all) 

With the dust mostly settled:

OZ

Manning, Eli NYG QB 11

Murray, Kyler ARI QB 12

Watson, Deshaun HOU 10

- hopefully by the time Eli gets benched Murray will be rolling. Worked pretty well I think. 

Guice, Derrius WAS RB 10

Harris, Damien NEP RB 10

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB 9

Peterson, Adrian WAS RB 10

Singletary, Devin BUF RB 6

I don't know if Singletary gets much playing time behind McCoy, gore and yeldon. Buffalo picked him high enough that he should get a chance. 

Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR 4

Green, A.J. CIN WR 9

Harry, N'Keal NEP WR 10

Kirk, Christian ARI WR 12

Pettis, Dante SFO WR 4

- arguably Kirk and Pettis both took a hit but I don't think it will be bad for either guy. Harry went to one of the best places for him in redraft. 

Howard, O.J. TBB TE 7

Olsen, Greg CAR TE 7

Shaheen, Adam CHI TE 6

- no real impact to anyone here IMO

Hopkins, Dustin WAS PK 10

Myers, Jason SEA PK 11

- pretty sure these guys still have jobs.

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def 7

Jets, New York NYJ Def 4

- bucs went very defense heavy in the draft, they needed to. You never know what impact rookies will have but White along with DB depth should help. Jets also helped their defense with depth and (arguably) added the best player in the draft. Pluses for both teams. 

Overall can't complain about bye weeks or the draft except it would have been nice to see Singletary get a chance to start this year. 

Well post draft Miles Sanders should be producing later in the season, Alex Collins is probably out of the league, I am concerned about Gurley. The fact that Houston didn't address the RB spot is a big positive for Foreman IMO....

At WR Rashard Higgins wont score for me, this was pre-Odell Cleveland.....sounds like Doug Baldwin might be shelved, Lockett should have a solid season.

Lots of Weapons added in Arizona, doubt RSJ does anything....

Looking forward to SSLs.....

Update after FA / draft / bye weeks ....

PLAYER  BYE ACQUIRED
Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB  4 7.13
Wentz, Carson PHI QB   10 6.04

Mack, Marlon IND RB (Q)  6 3.13
McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB 4 5.13
Jacobs, Josh OAK RB  6 8.04
Henderson, Darrell LAR RB  9 11.13
Samuels, Jaylen PIT RB  7 14.04

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR  12 2.05
Golladay, Kenny DET WR (Q)  5 4.04
Samuel, Curtis CAR WR  7 9.13
Brown, John BUF WR 6 10.04
Lee, Marqise JAC WR (Q)  10 15.13
Ross, John CIN WR  9 16.04
Butler, Hakeem ARI WR  12 20.04

Kittle, George SFO TE  4 1.12
Goedert, Dallas PHI TE  10 12.04
James, Jesse DET TE  5 19.13

Elliott, Jake PHI PK  10 13.13
Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def  12 17.13
Panthers, Carolina CAR Def  7 18.04

49ers and Eagles add a couple of early-round weapons each in Samuel/Hurd and Sanders/Arcega-Whiteside to further boost my QB duo's upside. Samuel was the WR3 off the board, went well ahead of where most mocks placed him, meaning either he was thought of much more highly by NFL scouts than by analysts or the Niners reached. Hoping it's the former.

Mack might have been the offseason's biggest winner. He entered FA with rumors of Bell coming to Indy that would relegate him to mop-up duty, and emerged with no competition added from anywhere; I'll be surprised if his ADP doesn't move into the top 15 from here. McKinnon takes a big hit with the Coleman signing and is now basically high-end bench depth. My two rookies were drafted into polar opposite situations - Jacobs as the likely bellcow in Oakland becomes my de facto RB2, while (barring new Gurley injury news) Henderson's likely virtually irrelevant for redraft.

But on balance, pretty good news for me so far. Hey, let's check out how my WR situation chang...  :wall:   :bye:  Suddenly I'm "one stud and 5 dart-throws" instead of 2 and 5, and the one stud just had his team spend a top-10 pick on the consensus top TE. WR goes from a clear strength to its clear weakness in the span of five days.

The new receiving weapons that are a plus for my team's QBs are a potential minus for the TEs. Impact should be minimal for Kittle, maybe slightly more for Goedert since JJAW is more of a big body RZ threat.

Bye weeks are spread out nicely so there's that I guess.

It's nice having the added depth of the early 20-rounders, but even so losing my 2nd-round pick in April basically cripples my title dreams. Gonna need Jacobs to really beast out of the chute and MVP-level performance from either or both of my QBs to keep my head above water here.

Users who are viewing this thread