What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (5 Viewers)

Michael Lorenzen starting in CF today, first time in his career starting at a position.

Last night he became the first player to earn the win, hit a home run and play in the field in the same game since Babe Ruth on June 13, 1921

On the season he's hitting 353/421/588( only 19 PA) and career 267/302/515.

He also has 74 IP this year with a 3.04 ERA and 75/27 BB/K, because he's a pitcher. 

Last edited by a moderator:
30 year old Brian Moran made his major league debut last night and struck out the second batter he faced, younger brother, Colin Moran.

THAT

IS

AWESOME

ARI Wins With 1 Baserunner

Nick Ahmed's triple was the only baserunner for Arizona, but thanks to a sacrifice fly by Jarrod Dyson, Ahmed scored and that was enough for the Diamondbacks to defeat the Reds. This is the first time since at least 1908 that a team has won a 9-inning game with just 1 baserunner.

Of all the games that could be shown on ESPN+ today, we get...

49-72 Seattle (Matt Wisler) @ 36-81 Detroit (Spencer Turnbull)

:shrug:
You one-upped yourselves you big beautiful bastards. Standing alone on ESPN+ this afternoon we have a battle between two 100+ loss teams with a combined run deficit of 551. Which happen to be more runs than the Tigers have even scored on their own this year. Incredible.

30 year old Brian Moran made his major league debut last night and struck out the second batter he faced, younger brother, Colin Moran.

THAT

IS

AWESOME
He probably wouldn't get called up next year.  Same thing with the feel good Aaron Barrett story.  Those will be eliminated by the decision to limit rosters to 28 guys.  Just a dumb move.

He probably wouldn't get called up next year.  Same thing with the feel good Aaron Barrett story.  Those will be eliminated by the decision to limit rosters to 28 guys.  Just a dumb move.
Disagree completely. 40 man rosters is dumb (hello Red Sox bullpen). Despite the few nice stories that might emerge. 

Disagree completely. 40 man rosters is dumb (hello Red Sox bullpen). Despite the few nice stories that might emerge. 
Teams should designate a 28 man active roster per game or series.  This would allow teams to cycle players into their roster to get a look and give a taste.  Require a minimum number of position players to avoid the 10-12 reliever marathons. 

September baseball can be ugly if your team isn't playing for anything.  Seeing what the callups look like is one of the best things about it.

Teams should designate a 28 man active roster per game or series.  This would allow teams to cycle players into their roster to get a look and give a taste.  Require a minimum number of position players to avoid the 10-12 reliever marathons. 

September baseball can be ugly if your team isn't playing for anything.  Seeing what the callups look like is one of the best things about it.
:goodposting:

10 games left in the season. 7 between the Cards and Cubs with 3 games separating them.

Even if it goes the wrong way, I'll take that many meaningful games between these two teams this time of year.  Yay baseball.

Where's the thread where you guys discuss the horrible state of today's HR/Strikeout surge and the bloated game times.. i have some thoughts there and want people to complain with.

Where's the thread where you guys discuss the horrible state of today's HR/Strikeout surge and the bloated game times.. i have some thoughts there and want people to complain with.
One upside that maybe only I care about... I DVR a lot of games and start them late, both football and baseball. One of the main advantages to football is you can press the “skip 30 seconds” button and not miss a play. You catch up quickly and never miss things. 

Well last 2 nights, you can skip 30 seconds and not miss a pitch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
PEORIA, AZ — A pitcher for the San Diego Padres was kicked and tased after a Peoria homeowner found him trespassing in his home.

Peoria police report that on October 6 about 3:30 a.m., they were called to a home near 91st Avenue and Beardsley Road for a reported trespasser.

The homeowner reported to police that a man, later identified as 23-year-old Jacob James Nix, entered his home through a doggie door. The homeowner confronted Nix, kicking him one time in the face. Police say another man, 23-year-old Thomas Cosgrove, then reached through the doggie door to pull Nix out of the home.

As the two fled, the homeowner leaned out of the doggie door and deployed his Taser, striking Nix in the back, according to court records.  Police located and arrested the pair a few streets away.

According to MLB.com, Nix pitched in nine games for Padres in 2018 but was injured most of last season. Cosgrove was also drafted by the Padres in 2017, pitching in their minor league system.  Nix was assigned to the Peoria Javelinas, an Arizona Fall League team, earlier this month, according to his MLB player page.

Baseball America releases details about MLB's proposal to reorganized the minor leagues effective 2021.  I doubt they all will come to pass but they hint at some of the far-reaching changes the game will see in the years ahead.

Eephus said:
Baseball America releases details about MLB's proposal to reorganized the minor leagues effective 2021.  I doubt they all will come to pass but they hint at some of the far-reaching changes the game will see in the years ahead.
Hope it includes expansion into Portland. Please.

Managerial openings:  San Francisco, San Diego, Anaheim, Kansas City, Cubs, Pittsburgh
In somewhat surprising news, Joe Espada returns to Chicago on Monday for a second interview with Theo/Jed. For the past week it has been a foregone conclusion in the media that David Ross would be the next Cubs manager, and would be announced the day before the World Series begins.

Encyclopedia Brown said:
In somewhat surprising news, Joe Espada returns to Chicago on Monday for a second interview with Theo/Jed. For the past week it has been a foregone conclusion in the media that David Ross would be the next Cubs manager, and would be announced the day before the World Series begins.
Looks like it is going to be Ross.

Can we somehow ban everyone who participated in the FFA sign stealing discussion from the baseball forum?
I keep seeing that thread near the top of the forum. I haven't clicked on it this winter...yet. Is there anything in there besides shenanigans related to the Astros? I get that it's the biggest story in the sport, but I don't really have any interest in talking about it. I just want to talk beisubol.

MAC_32 said:
I keep seeing that thread near the top of the forum. I haven't clicked on it this winter...yet. Is there anything in there besides shenanigans related to the Astros? I get that it's the biggest story in the sport, but I don't really have any interest in talking about it. I just want to talk beisubol.
Then that is NOT the thread for you.  I made a couple Reds-related posts in there and now I keep getting sucked back in since it's got that pretty white star next to it :topcat:

Users who are viewing this thread