What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why are President Trump's Tax Returns Important? (2 Viewers)

Because I know you are a good dude and care about the new horrible things this guy has brought to our country.  He’s different and everybody knows it.  Just because he also does the horrible things previous politicians did/do doesn’t make any of this normal.  
Biden, crime bill.....crazy horrible.  He led that.  Harris, fighting against innocent people she convicted after she knew they were innocent.  

You are right, I'm a good dude.  

Really, people.  Not a Trump fan but do u think Soros, Gates,  Buffett, don't take every loophole possible to pay less?  

Along with any other person of that ilk?
I use the mega backdoor Roth to invest any extra income I have avoiding any future Capitol gains any time I can. Why let the 1% have all the fun. 

Disagree.  I’m drawing a comparison that lots of American based companies especially the largest most successful don’t pay any federal taxes thus why should it matter trump corporate doesn’t pay either. 
Because Amazon isn't president?  Also, because publicly traded companies books are out there in the open.  It's no secret how they shelter taxes - we are just now learning how the Trump org works.

Biden, crime bill.....crazy horrible.  He led that.  Harris, fighting against innocent people she convicted after she knew they were innocent.  
Yep - not buying what you are selling.  And I’ve been pretty jaded about politicians and the two parties for years.  IMO, this guy is different and a bad dude - he needs to be gone.  

I use the mega backdoor Roth to invest any extra income I have avoiding any future Capitol gains any time I can. Why let the 1% have all the fun. 
Nice!  Do you also own an investment property you maintain for personal property?  Do you pay your adult children (who are employees of your company) 20% consulting fees?  Do you deduct $70k for haircuts?

And the reason his taxes are important and people care is apparently there’s still undecideds.  I find that amazing but I’m told it’s real.  If this convinces them then good.

Yep - not buying what you are selling.  And I’ve been pretty jaded about politicians and the two parties for years.  IMO, this guy is different and a bad dude - he needs to be gone.  
how many wars has he started?  Will Biden start wars.  I understand you don't buy what I sell.  You know what I sold in the post above?  It is truth.  If you are not interested in truth, then you are delusional. 

how many wars has he started?  Will Biden start wars.  I understand you don't buy what I sell.  You know what I sold in the post above?  It is truth.  If you are not interested in truth, then you are delusional. 
Time to bow out - enjoy your drinks!

ETA - to be clear, time for me to bow out

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!  Do you also own an investment property you maintain for personal property?  Do you pay your adult children (who are employees of your company) 20% consulting fees?  Do you deduct $70k for haircuts?
Yes.

No.

You'd shiver at the things a company can claim as legit deductions. 

Even if I were being charitable and said all of this was above board - how could someone not be outraged by how the 1% screw over the rest of us and they are enabled by our tax laws and politicians?
It’s gross, and inexcusable. But some people think gaming the system reflects intelligence, and one’s moral compass should only be guided by financial gain.

Because Amazon isn't president?  Also, because publicly traded companies books are out there in the open.  It's no secret how they shelter taxes - we are just now learning how the Trump org works.
My point is many/ most American companies pay little or no federal taxes so you expect someone who is president to pay more then he is legally should? 

I voted with HRC last time with great regret.  I honestly will never consider voting either.   But if you put a gun to my head, its Trump.

My point is many/ most American companies pay little or no federal taxes so you expect someone who is president to pay more then he is legally should? 
I expect them to provide their financial background so we can know if our president is a crook.

No, but it’s certainly understandable why people would want to analyze more information about all of this.
I agree. In today’s highly politicized environment and timing is everything why anyone would accept this piece without proof is just ridiculous.  

Even if I were being charitable and said all of this was above board - how could someone not be outraged by how the 1% screw over the rest of us and they are enabled by our tax laws and politicians?
That would imply the 1% is buying the politicians to make those laws. Biden has been a law maker for 45 years.   

Dems should ignore the various explanations Trump and his sycophants will provide (just using tax loopholes, etc) and consistently hammer home that the best case scenario that these returns show, other than conning people like he does 40% of the electorate, is that he is a complete and total incompetent failure at almost everything he does.

That would imply the 1% is buying the politicians to make those laws. Biden has been a law maker for 45 years.   
DJT literally campaigned on fixing those loopholes.  He had both the House and Senate for 2 years.  Instead of fixing it, he cut taxes for the wealthy! 

This insult was uncalled for.
I’m not sure what insult Cav thinks I made but I already said I was bowing out of the conversation with him.  I think he’s a good dude and I don’t take his comment personally.  If he actually knew me he would know how misguided it is - I actually voted for Bernie in the last election so I have him beat!  

I’m not sure what insult Cav thinks I made but I already said I was bowing out of the conversation with him.  I think he’s a good dude and I don’t take his comment personally.  If he actually knew me he would know how misguided it is - I actually voted for Bernie in the last election so I have him beat!  
You know, quit it.

DJT literally campaigned on fixing those loopholes.  He had both the House and Senate for 2 years.  Instead of fixing it, he cut taxes for the wealthy! 
Yea. And Biden didn't force Trump to pay his daughter as a consultant while she was also an executive in his company 20% consulting fees as a write off.  

Disagree. Tax reform helped both me and the company I work for. 

But I like some of the loop holes that have been there for decades too. 

Thanks Trump. Thanks Biden. 

Yea. And Biden didn't force Trump to pay his daughter as a consultant while she was also an executive in his company 20% consulting fees as a write off.  
That is the one thing the articles points out that might not have been above board.  Glad we're picking up on that. He might get fined for that. 

Disagree.  I’m drawing a comparison that lots of American based companies especially the largest most successful don’t pay any federal taxes thus why should it matter trump corporate doesn’t pay either. 
Because he's a US citizen and US citizens should pay taxes on their income.

We are all inundated with Ads

All total bs.  

A woman talking about how this is the best economy for small business.  

Another where Biden won't stop the riots that are happening under Trump.

Such a joke.  

Biden talking about Healthcare.

He will take care of you like he takes care of his family.  The government takes care of his family.

Kamala for justice.....she has no moral compass.  

Yep - back to the point I made much earlier - I’m much more “outraged” by the idea that this 1%’er doesn’t pay taxes than any of the other stuff (assuming there’s not more to the story we don’t know yet).

That's not true at all.  Giant multi-nationals might pay little in federal corporate income taxes, but there are plenty of American companies that pay lots in corporate taxes.

Because I told you to enjoy your drinks?  If so, then I apologize but that is kind of a running joke around here.  I have no beef with you and your comment was over the line but again, I don’t take it personally. 
Ok, man.  Well done.  You are internet savvy enough to pretend you playing.  But we both know, so..  nice try.

Ok, man.  Well done.  You are internet savvy enough to pretend you playing.  But we both know, so..  nice try.
Cav - I seriously have no clue what you are talking about.  I think just about everyone knows I don’t “play”.  I’m happy to take it to PMs with you because I have no beef with you at all.  But I definitely disagree with you that Trump and Biden are equally bad.

That's not true at all.  Giant multi-nationals might pay little in federal corporate income taxes, but there are plenty of American companies that pay lots in corporate taxes.
Corporate taxes and individual income are two different things.  Even if Trump or Bezos is a majority owner.  The only thing Jeff might pay is Capitol gains. The only thing Donald might pay is property tax. 

Users who are viewing this thread