What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator - NOW RELEASED! (4 Viewers)

I tried the draft dominator a couple times this week. I was using the app while doing a mock draft on Yahoo.Because the time between picks is only

30 seconds, I was only to use it for 6 or 8 rounds. At that point people started drafting kickers and defenses and I got lost trying to input the other picks.

By the time it got back to me the picks were not up to date and I just used my rankings. Any suggestions as to how I can get more comfortable using the

draft dominator. I would really like to use for this year's drafts.
Let me know if this video is helpful here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6eIuj3Harg

Hi Simon,

what is the reason for the VBD values to be fixed values . I know you can change them manually in the online draft dominator, but then its changes them for all leagues and it always resets to the fix values after restart. Shouldn't the DD be able to set lower baselines by itself for QBs in 2 QB leagues for example ?

Thx
The VBD values are not fixed. It will absolutely set lower baselines by itself for 2 QB leagues.

If you set them manually, take a read of the text at the top of that screen. It explains how you should setup a new league-specific profile for any such changes, so they don't apply to all your leagues

I was going to comment on an opposite situation, where in a deep 11 position player lineup superflex league where position players all have premium points to bring them closer to QB levels, it kept trying to push Eli Manning on me for something like 7 rounds when I already had 3 QB (two top 10). Sorry DD, but John Brown or Chase Edmonds are way more likely to have circumstances where they are in my starting lineup than Eli Manning, who might not even be starting by bye weeks. I think it got high on its own VBD supply or something.
Tough for me to comment on this without knowing the exact league settings. But in a superflex league, yes it's going to get you drafting QBs. Because it knows a threat to superflex leagues is not being able to start two QBs in any given week.

Anybody used this for bestball?  I ask, because I was in a bestball mock, and checked the BestBall/DraftMaster box in DD.  As the draft was nearing the end, I had one TE and no D/ST.  If I had followed the DD suggested picks, I would have ended up with 1 D/ST.  Why wouldn't it recognize it was a bestball league and I would have to have at least a backup D/ST or take a zero for a week?
Did you check BestBall under Draft Settings?

I have an old I pad I've used before. It's iOS 10.3.3. Am I out of luck using DD on this thing? It said I needed a newer iOS.
Sorry. We can't support those old iPads anymore. They just don't have enough RAM to handle the amount of calculations we do, and the view components we use.

maybe this isnt the best place, but cant find anything in help section

i've stumbled on a feature before but cannot find it again

there was something you could set like "wait for X number of players" at a position before selecting in the autodraft settings.  looking all over and damn if i cannot find it again!! 

anyone?
That sounds like a DD Classic thing. Not something from the new Draft Dominator.

Is it possible to adjust ranking/priority of bench positions (i.e 2nd QB)? My DD mocks have teams taking their second QB much earlier than they actually will in my league. 

I know we can do Position Adjustments but my understanding is this applies to both starters and bench
Try setting the VBD baselines manually for this - it's on the same screen as the position adjustments.

Pretty sure I know the answer but figured I'd ask:

Is there any way to make rookies rank higher?

I play in a keeper league where we keep 1 rookie each season, so they go a lot earlier than in most drafts.

Thanks!

1 - this has never made sense to me - can someone explain how this works? doesn't that mean that theoretically when all the players left will go for $1 someone can just have a "run" and take all the best ones without anyone else having a say? The Draft Dominator can only do 1-12, 1-12 style auction nominations, so it won't help you track who's next to nominate, but since that's always the last team who won a bid, that's not a problem. And it should just let you enter the player nomination even if it has the nominating team wronng
We never really reach a point where every player is guaranteed to go for a buck.  There are always teams that don't quite spend all their cap and if someone nominates a guy for a buck that someone else wants, they can get them for $2.  

Try setting the VBD baselines manually for this - it's on the same screen as the position adjustments.
Thanks Simon. I tried this with both extremes (in pts) for QB Worst Bench Baseline but it did not really change much in terms of when the 2QB was being drafted. Not sure what I am doing incorrectly. I also set Value Based Drafting strategy ~90%. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon Shepherd said:
Tough for me to comment on this without knowing the exact league settings. But in a superflex league, yes it's going to get you drafting QBs. Because it knows a threat to superflex leagues is not being able to start two QBs in any given week.
Same scoring as Scott Fish Bowl, so both .5PPR/.5PP1st and 5 for 50 yards rushing/receiving. Really lowers the value of a 4th QB in superflex when you have 3 good ones with different byes. 

So let me start by saying that love this product and it is one of the best features you offer in my opinion.  However, I when running the mock draft feature it constantly freezes and requires me to refresh the browser...and by constantly i mean like 7-10 times per draft.  Is there anything i can do to prevent this or is it a known issue?  

@Simon Shepherd

Has anyone else had this issue?  It just gets stuck on "making pick" and i have to click refresh to continue the mock. It is EXTREMELY frustrating.

So let me start by saying that love this product and it is one of the best features you offer in my opinion.  However, I when running the mock draft feature it constantly freezes and requires me to refresh the browser...and by constantly i mean like 7-10 times per draft.  Is there anything i can do to prevent this or is it a known issue?  

@Simon Shepherd
Same for me on my chromebook. Made me feel real queasy about using it for a live draft. But when I was using it for my live draft, it didn't freeze up at all. 

Too late to change anything for this year, but a major request for next year is can we please have at least a little insight in the player page for kickers and defenses? 

I know it's super popular to hate on both for fantasy, but they're still a position that needs something beyond a blind rankings number. 

I'm not talking about 5 paragraphs for every staffer, but someone at FBG is studying something that gives them their opinions about ranking the positions. Especially Defs with IDP. How about sharing some of the knowledge? 

Forget that...I was in wrong draft !!!

I’ve set all my keeper league draft on my iphone but the change I’ve made don’t synchronize on my IPad...please help so I don’t have to spend another 2 hours on manually enter all the pick (it’s not a snake draft)

Pretty sure I know the answer but figured I'd ask:

Is there any way to make rookies rank higher?

I play in a keeper league where we keep 1 rookie each season, so they go a lot earlier than in most drafts.

Thanks!
Hey all. Sorry for my late responses here; I'm not sure I'm getting the notifications on this thread via email as I should.

You can edit individual players up from the wrench icon above the list then Edit Players. There's no single place to go to move all rookies up.

Thanks Simon. I tried this with both extremes (in pts) for QB Worst Bench Baseline but it did not really change much in terms of when the 2QB was being drafted. Not sure what I am doing incorrectly. I also set Value Based Drafting strategy ~90%. 
If you need more help with this one, please go to the help desk : help@footballguys.com . I'm happy to give general advice in this thread, but when we need to get to specifics of a league we need to move over there. Thanks.

Same scoring as Scott Fish Bowl, so both .5PPR/.5PP1st and 5 for 50 yards rushing/receiving. Really lowers the value of a 4th QB in superflex when you have 3 good ones with different byes. 
Same comment as above: for specific league stuff, please go to the helpdesk. help@footballguys.com. I'm sorry if this sounds evasive. We just have to have processes for how we handle stuff in August or it gets out of control.

@Simon Shepherd
No, this is not a known issue. Please open a ticket at helpdesk. help@footballguys.com. Please include details of the browser and OS you're using.

Same for me on my chromebook. Made me feel real queasy about using it for a live draft. But when I was using it for my live draft, it didn't freeze up at all. 
Ok; you two are the only people who've reported this. Maybe one other help ticket,  but I haven't completely tracked that one down. Again, help@footballguys.com is the place to get assistance. Not in this thread.

Too late to change anything for this year, but a major request for next year is can we please have at least a little insight in the player page for kickers and defenses? 

I know it's super popular to hate on both for fantasy, but they're still a position that needs something beyond a blind rankings number. 

I'm not talking about 5 paragraphs for every staffer, but someone at FBG is studying something that gives them their opinions about ranking the positions. Especially Defs with IDP. How about sharing some of the knowledge? 
Thanks - I'll file this with the staff.

I was having issues with DD freezing also with Windows 10 and Chrome browser.  A simple clearing of browsing data seemed to do the trick.  

We run a live auction for my auction league. In past years, I have used DD Classic to capture the winning bids, and then later I load the rosters in MFL from the DD info.

Will the online Dominator retain the results if I track using it rather than classic? Will I be able to come back to the finished auction later and see the rosters and bid amounts?

Draft Dominator w/ Yahoo league

- not importing 1 point per reception for scoring

- not importing Keepers

what a pain

note to self: using the online version today was a mistake.  I don't know why I had problems but I had these problems today:

- It would not sync Keepers from Yahoo so I had to manually enter them.
- It would not sync PPR scoring setting from Yahoo so I had to manually adjust it.
- I completed entry of our league's entire 18 round draft earlier today and now when going back to the online draft dominator it says Round 6, pick 8 is on the clock. The picks stopped savings at that point I guess. I was online at the time earlier today when we had the draft so I don't know why they weren't saved. Strange. 

Anyway I have loved the downloadable PC software version of Draft Dominator for years and will switch back to that if it's still available. 

note to self: using the online version today was a mistake.  I don't know why I had problems but I had these problems today:

- It would not sync PPR scoring setting from Yahoo so I had to manually adjust it.
- I completed entry of our league's entire 18 round draft earlier today and now when going back to the online draft dominator it says Round 6, pick 8 is on the clock. The picks stopped savings at that point I guess. I was online at the time earlier today when we had the draft so I don't know why they weren't saved. Strange. 

Anyway I have loved the downloadable PC software version of Draft Dominator for years and will switch back to that if it's still available. 

NOTE: I'm dumb and just had to refresh and the online version shows the completed draft from earlier today.

The other two issues I still don't know why the Yahoo Keepers (huge pain) and PPR scoring setting (minor - easy adjustment) wouldn't sync. 

Really is such a great tool all around, thanks FBGuys.

We run a live auction for my auction league. In past years, I have used DD Classic to capture the winning bids, and then later I load the rosters in MFL from the DD info.

Will the online Dominator retain the results if I track using it rather than classic? Will I be able to come back to the finished auction later and see the rosters and bid amounts?
yes; and you can export them into CSV format

How do I set up an Auction draft in a snake format? Thanks!
I'm afraid we don't support this.

Draft Dominator w/ Yahoo league

- not importing 1 point per reception for scoring

- not importing Keepers

what a pain
Are you sure those are set on Yahoo correctly? My 0.5 PPR league imports fine from Yahoo. If so, please open a ticket. help@footballguys.com

Is there a OSX Version?

Thanks
The online version works great on macs.

NOTE: I'm dumb and just had to refresh and the online version shows the completed draft from earlier today.

The other two issues I still don't know why the Yahoo Keepers (huge pain) and PPR scoring setting (minor - easy adjustment) wouldn't sync. 

Really is such a great tool all around, thanks FBGuys.
Phew the draft disappearing thing had me worried for a second there! I'd love to sort the Yahoo sync issues out or look into them a bit to see if the system was misbehaving itself. Generally Yahoo is amongst my highest confidence imports; they have a nice clean API and my own league is there so I test it frequently! Please email me shepherd@footballguys.com with your username and the name of the Yahoo league. Thanks.

possible to import your own projections?
No, sorry.

@Simon Shepherd Is there a way to manually adjust the auction numbers in the DD?

I ask because the auction numbers for all defenses and kickers are $0.25 which is not realistic for my league. Top 10 defenses go for $5-$6 , PK are the same.

Is there a setting I can adjust to get more realistic numbers for these two positions?

The projections btw look fairly good across all positions so I don’t want to mess around with those. Just the auction amounts are way low for defenses and kickers.

thanks!

Thanks!  This is my first time using the Classic for multiple leagues.  How can I separate them and make sure they save?
You just have to click "SAVE" before you open the other draft.  So if you end up making draft picks on one league, or any changes to settings, just hit FILE SAVE, and then FILE OPEN and select the other league you want to open.  I'm assuming you're doing slow drafts for this.... if live drafts you likely won't have time to do 2 drafts at the same time.

@Simon Shepherd Is there a way to manually adjust the auction numbers in the DD?

I ask because the auction numbers for all defenses and kickers are $0.25 which is not realistic for my league. Top 10 defenses go for $5-$6 , PK are the same.

Is there a setting I can adjust to get more realistic numbers for these two positions?

The projections btw look fairly good across all positions so I don’t want to mess around with those. Just the auction amounts are way low for defenses and kickers.

thanks!
You can try positional adjustments under the wrench icon above the players list

Thanks!  This is my first time using the Classic for multiple leagues.  How can I separate them and make sure they save?
This thread is for the new version, not for Classic. There's a dedicated subforum for classic - try asking there.

@Simon Shepherd Is there a way to adjust the scoring settings so that TE's get 1.5 PPR? I know this is minor, but still would effect drafting somewhat.

Thanks!
Yes, absolutely. As always we'll import this right if you're importing the league; if you're importing manually then the "Different per position" switch on the edit scoring screen is what you need here. It's quite a big change and will move TEs up a fair bit (as it should)

Is there a way to change a single pick without undoing everything all the way back to it? 
Yes. Click the pick in the draft board, click a player to replace them with, then hit "Replace". There's also an "Insert" option there that puts the player into the pick and moves everyone after down one pick.

Interesting scenario we ran into today, and it might involve messing with min/max roster/lineup requirements, but I'm not sure.

Auction league where we start 1 team defense, but in the past, some teams opt not to get a defense at the auction, but to pick one up in the waiver run just before the season starts.  On two different occasions, we had a team with 1 open slot and no defense. The Dominator would not even allow them to nominate a player other than a team defense.  It popped up a message about whether I wanted to allow it, but even if I said "Yes", it wouldn't start the auction on that player.

I get the idea behind it - there's always a chance that there are no other bids, so whoever you nominate has to be someone that would give you a "legal" roster.  I tried changing the lineup requirements to not require a defense, but then it just removed all of the DEFs from the list. When it happened mid-draft, we ended up faking out the nomination so that someone else nominated the non-D player and then the guy who needed a D nominated a D for someone else.

I didn't have time to play around with the lineup settings mid-auction beyond trying a couple quick things that didn't work.  Figured I'd check in here and make a note for next year.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed using it to run both an auction and a standard draft today. 

Oh, one other note.  In both leagues, teams can keep varying numbers of players, so not everyone needs the same # of picks.

In the auction, the DD automatically dropped teams with full rosters from the nominating rotation.  But in the regular draft, it didn't automatically skip picks for teams with full rosters (and MFL's draft room doesn't do that either). It's not too bad to click the "Skip" button, but having it happen automagically when a roster is full would be great.

Sorry - last item.  One of my drafts won't re-load in the DD.  I get:

Oops! It looks like there was an error loading your draft. The app will try again. If the error persists, email us at apps@footballguys.com and we will do everything we can to resolve this. Here's the error: task 18, errors: timeout

I don't necessarily NEED to get back to it, although it's interesting to read the team rating reports all in one spot.

Is there a way to see who, of the 4 staff members who are offering projections (Dodds, Henry, Tremblay, & Wood), has been the most historically accurate?

Since we can toggle the % of who we'd like to have more/ less influence, I think it'd be good to also see who'd performed best in their draft rankings/ projections over the years

Sorry - last item.  One of my drafts won't re-load in the DD.  I get:

Oops! It looks like there was an error loading your draft. The app will try again. If the error persists, email us at apps@footballguys.com and we will do everything we can to resolve this. Here's the error: task 18, errors: timeout

I don't necessarily NEED to get back to it, although it's interesting to read the team rating reports all in one spot.
Let me know your username so I can take a look.

4th&inches said:
Is there a way to see who, of the 4 staff members who are offering projections (Dodds, Henry, Tremblay, & Wood), has been the most historically accurate?

Since we can toggle the % of who we'd like to have more/ less influence, I think it'd be good to also see who'd performed best in their draft rankings/ projections over the years
Not really; accuracy is not an absolute thing to measure. When you look into how sites like FantasyPros have done that, you see how subjective any system that analyses accuracy is.

Is there a particular reason the rate my team feature will say "Congratulations, it appears you have done well at every turn... etc." but then give you a 70% of making the playoffs with great in-season management?  I have looked at other teams where the suggestions are that the team is week at a couple of positions yet gets an even higher chance of making the playoffs.  Seems like it doesn't really add up.

Not a big deal because it is so subjective anyway, just trying to determine if I am missing something.

Is there a particular reason the rate my team feature will say "Congratulations, it appears you have done well at every turn... etc." but then give you a 70% of making the playoffs with great in-season management?  I have looked at other teams where the suggestions are that the team is week at a couple of positions yet gets an even higher chance of making the playoffs.  Seems like it doesn't really add up.

Not a big deal because it is so subjective anyway, just trying to determine if I am missing something.
I'm not sure without looking at the specifics of the league. It depends on so many factors (number of teams, number of teams who make the playoffs etc)

Donny Loved Bowling said:
Why can't I install the mobile version on my chromebook?
Because chromebooks can support USB mice and our mobile version is optimized for finger-tapping only. On chromebook the online version at draft.footballguys.com works just fine.

Why do I have to download the app if I don't/won't use the mobile version? I only use desktop or tablet and cannot get into league dominator as of today.  

i have some suggestions related to the exported .csv cheatsheet.  i use online version to generate rankings post keepers for a draft that doesnt allow electronics during the draft... a couple of suggestions

1-can you show the adp in round.pick format.... ? the overall pick isnt as helpfull to me as i have to do math to figure out the round

2-can you bring back the years of NFL experience column instead of the NFL draft round for each player?

3-can you have the software identify RB1, rb2, rb3 as rb01, rb02, rb03 in the exported CSV fileetc... this helps with sorting by postional rank... right now i have to manually add the 0 for each position because it doesnt sort correctly

thank you

@Simon Shepherd

@Joe Bryant.

Need someone to sync my leagues, one in particular (BUSCH League). I cannot do it or get into League Dominator as of 2 or 3 days ago. I'm in Czechia at the moment, maybe that has something to do with it :shrug: . Rosters have been cut to 22 and draft is Monday, 8 rounds IDP,  rookies and free agents. Other than rookies, I have no idea who is available. Not going through everyone's roster on NFL to check either.

Thank You, hope you can help

@Simon Shepherd

@Joe Bryant.

Need someone to sync my leagues, one in particular (BUSCH League). I cannot do it or get into League Dominator as of 2 or 3 days ago. I'm in Czechia at the moment, maybe that has something to do with it :shrug: . Rosters have been cut to 22 and draft is Monday, 8 rounds IDP,  rookies and free agents. Other than rookies, I have no idea who is available. Not going through everyone's roster on NFL to check either.

Thank You, hope you can help
For everything, please send email to help@footballguys.com and they'll do their best. We're unable to try and do help desk here. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread