What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (11 Viewers)

Bucks looking amazing right now

champeeeeenship
Bucks played this same way throughout the seeding games.  Since joining the bubble in Orlando the Bucks have really only played well in bursts and during the 2nd half against the Heat.

This is wild
Gotta give it to the Magic.  This wasn't a game they won by dominating in any one category on the stat sheet (hot from 3, forcing turnovers, huge foul discrepancy, etc).  Orlando won by being slightly better across the board this afternoon.  Where they dominated was urgency.  Coach Bud better light a fire under this Bucks team or they'll end up in a first round dogfight rather than winning in 5.

3s not falling for MIlwaukee, Giannis has to go for 50 on 20 dunks.

3pt percentage in the last 8 games. maybe their shooters aren't adjusting to the backdrop well? 

33%

32%

47% (W)

33%

34%

41% (W)

33%

26%

Bucks played this same way throughout the seeding games.  Since joining the bubble in Orlando the Bucks have really only played well in bursts and during the 2nd half against the Heat.

Gotta give it to the Magic.  This wasn't a game they won by dominating in any one category on the stat sheet (hot from 3, forcing turnovers, huge foul discrepancy, etc).  Orlando won by being slightly better across the board this afternoon.  Where they dominated was urgency.  Coach Bud better light a fire under this Bucks team or they'll end up in a first round dogfight rather than winning in 5.
what's crazy is Orlando went down quickly and then won the 1st quarter by 10 pts.  the rest of the game was even (points-wise) though it never, ever felt like the Bucks were in it.

what's crazy is Orlando went down quickly and then won the 1st quarter by 10 pts.  the rest of the game was even (points-wise) though it never, ever felt like the Bucks were in it.
The Bucks did cut it to 69-68 mid/early 3rd, but the Magic continued to execute their game plan.  They were the better team today, nothing cheap about their game 1 win.

The Bucks did cut it to 69-68 mid/early 3rd, but the Magic continued to execute their game plan.  They were the better team today, nothing cheap about their game 1 win.
when they cut it to 1 there i was thinking "gotta get the lead right now or you've lost this one".  they just couldn't get over the hump with any momentum. they'd chop the lead by a couple, then cede back more than they'd gained. over and over.

on one hand i am happy for Fultz that he will be able to have an NBA career and likely be a starter for the next 5-7 years. But man oh man, Sixers  :toilet:

Dame really passive the entire second half. He's looking to facilitate to mccollum, Trent and Whiteside instead of creating his own shots. It isn't working.

The problem is that the Lakers won't shoot wide open 3's at anywhere near that clip.  The Lakers are a horrid 3pt shooting team. Honestly--I'm expecting a far better and more competive series than you are predicting.  While I think the Lakers will win--I think it'll most likely be 4-2 and most of the games will be very competitive .   The strength of the Blazers (their guards) is exactly the weakness of the Lakers.   A lot of the series will be dependent on if Zach Collins is healthy enough to play.  The Blazers might very well choose to sag their defense in to tempt the Lakers into shooting long range shots.  They just can't be giving up both the interior and the 3point line--and because of this--I think they will need Nurk, Whiteside, and Collins to protect the rim without fouling as much as possible.  Even with their poor defense--don't get fooled by Portland. If they were healthy all year--they would not be an 8 seed.  This is a team with 4-5 seed talent that through injury and a lockout ended up being an 8 seed. 
So far my assessment has been pretty spot on.  Regardless of who wins the game--it has been ultra competitve, the Lakers outside shooting has been horrid, and Portland has relied on interior defense from their bigs to make life difficult for the Lakers. 

Stolen from reddit, but can you imagine if Lebron loses to the 8 seed as the 1 seed his first year in the West in the same year Kobe died? 

That would be like handing Skip Bayless and every other Lebron critic straight gold. 

Stolen from reddit, but can you imagine if Lebron loses to the 8 seed as the 1 seed his first year in the West in the same year Kobe died? 

That would be like handing Skip Bayless and every other Lebron critic straight gold. 
No idea what Kobe has to do with any of that.

LeBron could have scored every possession last night.  No idea why he didn’t just score 101 points and break Wilt’s record. Nobody on that team can guard him.  That’s the best way for them to win vs Portland.  If LeBron doesn’t change his approach, the Lakers are in a tough spot.

Them announcing that they are wearing Mamba jerseys after winning round 1 is a huge slap in the face. 

LeBron could have scored every possession last night.  No idea why he didn’t just score 101 points and break Wilt’s record. Nobody on that team can guard him.  That’s the best way for them to win vs Portland.  If LeBron doesn’t change his approach, the Lakers are in a tough spot.
I actually thought Trent did a good job staying in front of Lebron.  Lebron needs someone who can make a 3 that he can kick it out to when he drives.

I thought Whiteside did a pretty good job of providing help D on Lebron.  I felt like the Lakers had no answer for Portland after the Blazers adjusted their D to have Nurk and Whiteside both defending the paint, with Nurk glued to AD while Whiteside became a roving help defender/rebounder.  They dared the Lakers to shoot 3's and the Lakers couldn't hit any of them.   Will be interesting to see if the Lakers shooters can be better consistently the rest of the series (I'm a bit skeptical of that to be honest), but imo the better solution would be for the coaching staff to find a solution to the AD vs Nurk match-up on offense.  Fun series

Unless they plan to have him come off the bench as a 6th man, it's an absolute no brainer IMO for them to deal Levert. He's not going to be a "3rd star" in a role playing off the ball with Durant & Irving.

He did a pretty good job of rehabbing his value after Kyrie went down.
So Bill Simmons said in his pod this week that LeVert will definitely be traded this offseason. He's been pretty great since the restart. But doesn't seem like there is enough ball to go around if Kyrie and Durant are there. 

I assume we still think he will be traded?

Man the Blazers are really good.  And the Lakers are awful.

DAME TIME.
Lakers desperately need some people to step up on offense. Kuzma somehow managed 14 despite (IMO) looking really awful and taking some bad looks. Caruso should not be throwing up off-balance threes in crunch time. Once again, Lebron is deferring too much for the talent around him.

A lot of quirky personalities on the Lakers even if they don't play a ton.  McGee, Smith, Howard, Rondo, Waiters.  LeBron is going to have to play keep-a-way with the ball in order to win this series.  I can see it getting ugly and LeBron going passive/aggressive if Blazers get up 2 games.

Lakers desperately need some people to step up on offense. Kuzma somehow managed 14 despite (IMO) looking really awful and taking some bad looks. Caruso should not be throwing up off-balance threes in crunch time. Once again, Lebron is deferring too much for the talent around him.
Agreed, as others have said, Lebron should be able to beat the Blazers just by looking to score every time down the floor.

Michael Porter is so smooth, so skilled.  Murray, Joker, and Porter are going to be a problem for several years.

Users who are viewing this thread