What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (11 Viewers)

With the FA signings now hitting it reinforced the single biggest take away from those 3 pods - the number of point guards available was lower than the number of teams with a need there.  Which meant the market would be there to get the players below Kemba & Kyrie get paid.  ...and they are.  Rubio, Brogdan, and we wait on a few others like Rozier, etc

Dunk'd On is the best 'serious' bball pod out there.
Can't wait for someone to sign TJ McConnell to 4/$40. 

For the Suns Rubio >> Rose.  The Suns have some young talent and adding a player that will always look to get them the rock in good positions to score is huge.  Rose is a limited minute, high usage player.  He also isn't the ideal player I'd want showing the young players how to take care of business off the court.  Plus, Rubio is a good defensive player that will keep Booker and his energy focused on fillin' it up.
Just think Rubio is a year-2-year PG option that the Suns are now saddled with for 3 years. Every offseason hey'll be looking to upgrade on him (whether draft or FA) and stuck with his $17 mil yr salary. It is/was a bloated PG market this offseason and they the Suns overpaid quite a bit for a low usage PG that can't shoot.

Is he upgrade on the trash the Suns had at PG last year? Sure. I just don't think he'll see the ball in his hands a lot and he's long proven he can't shoot. Personally, I'd much rather have Beverly starting and Rose off the bench (at a combined salary probably around what Rubio's making).

I'd rather have gotten even someone like George Hill/Cory Joseph at a fraction of the cost. I just don't believe Rubio is a franchise PG but the Suns commitment shows they do.

Happy trails Mr. Durant. It was a run. 

I'll never understand Kyrie and DeAndre over Steph/Klay/Dray + $50MM + a new arena + a finally won-over fan base, but it doesn't have to make sense to me. 

Still makes a ton more sense than the Knicks, though. 
Yeah. He is a different cat for sure. It'll be interesting to see what comes out about this, it was p clear he's been out the door. 

Happy trails Mr. Durant. It was a run. 

I'll never understand Kyrie and DeAndre over Steph/Klay/Dray + $50MM + a new arena + a finally won-over fan base, but it doesn't have to make sense to me. 

Still makes a ton more sense than the Knicks, though. 
Bringing a title to the Knicks would be legendary.  

Just think Rubio is a year-2-year PG option that the Suns are now saddled with for 3 years. Every offseason hey'll be looking to upgrade on him (whether draft or FA) and stuck with his $17 mil yr salary. It is/was a bloated PG market this offseason and they the Suns overpaid quite a bit for a low usage PG that can't shoot.

Is he upgrade on the trash the Suns had at PG last year? Sure. I just don't think he'll see the ball in his hands a lot and he's long proven he can't shoot. Personally, I'd much rather have Beverly starting and Rose off the bench (at a combined salary probably around what Rubio's making).

I'd rather have gotten even someone like George Hill/Cory Joseph at a fraction of the cost. I just don't believe Rubio is a franchise PG but the Suns commitment shows they do.
Fair points all around.  They would need one of those players to sign with them and none of those players seemed likely to want to be there.  Beverly is gonna get paid too, so we'll see on that.  Hill made his money on that Kings deal a few years ago, doubt he signs with a non-contender this time around.  I wouldn't have touched Rose as the Suns.  Of the list Joseph was probably the most realistic, but adding Rubio is solid for a team that could use his type of game and professionalism.

@ramonashelburne 

The Knicks and owner Jim Dolan were not prepared to offer Kevin Durant a full max contract due to concerns over his recovery from the Achilles injury, league sources tell me and @wojespn. Knicks officials are in Los Angeles tonight, meeting with free agents such as Julius Randle.
Of course they weren't.... 

:lol:  

yikes, just saw this. this is sad. Wondering what the Sixers were going to offer him. 2 years for 26 million doesn't make much sense. JJ always gave the impression he loved it in Philly, so wondering if Elton talked to him about how they might not be able to sign him. can't figure this one out
Players always say they love whatever city they are in, in hopes of getting the most money. Don’t be a rube. 

DeMarre Carroll 2/$13 with Spurs.
Was a great vet presence on the Nets, wish they could’ve kept him around but can’t blame him for wanting more than the min. He was reportedly DLo’s mentor and played a big role in his development/maturity. 

Woj:

Free agent Julius Randle has agreed to a three-year, $63M deal with the New York Knicks, CAA agents Aaron Mintz and Steve Heumann tell ESPN.

I get it's fun to bash the Knicks (well deserved under Dolan), but that Julius Randle contract is a very good signing.  He's seriously underrated, the money is fine, and the 3rd year team option is huge.

George Hill back to Milwaukee, 3/29
SMH Nice they found way to keep him. Nice Bledsoe insurance.

Amazing Phoenix saw an $7 mil/yr difference between he and Rubio. Hill is very good off the ball.....which is what Rubio is going to be doing in Phoenix with Booker & Ayton. Worst case with Hill you have a backup PG for the future / trade bait for a contender that wants vet with proven playoff experience and solid spot up shooter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stein:

D'Angelo Russell and Karl-Anthony Towns were huddling as recently as yesterday, league sources, while the Wolves have been canvassing the league to make the trades they need to make that can seal the former Nets All-Star as the new point guard in Minnesota

Maybe Wiggins might be harder to move than they thought. Who knew?

Everyone: The Knicks overpay stars after they are dead.

Everyone today: LOL DUMMIES PAY KD 4 YEARS OF MAX MONEY FOR 3 YEARS OF AGE 30+ POST-DEAD ACHILLES.
This. We're going to forget about all of this in 3 years when KD is Pacers Sam Perkins and Kyrie has destroyed the locker room. The Knicks are the worst, but not because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread